PDA

View Full Version : Byron Scott isn't waiting on Phil Jackson.

Avenged
06-28-2010, 04:52 PM
Byron Scott isn’t waiting on Phil Jackson to decide whether he’ll return to coach the Los Angeles Lakers. Nor is Scott waiting on LeBron James(notes) to decide whether he’ll return to play for the Cleveland Cavaliers.

In a phone conversation with Yahoo! Sports, Scott made clear he’s interested in coaching the Cavaliers, regardless of whether James returns – and regardless of whether the Lakers’ coaching job eventually becomes open. The only thing Scott is waiting on, he said, is an offer from the Cavs.

Scott has twice interviewed with the Cavaliers and has had several phone conversations with team officials, including what he described as a “great” talk with general manager Chris Grant on Sunday. Scott made clear to the Cavs that neither Jackson’s nor James’ decisions have any impact on his interest in coaching Cleveland.

The Cavs were expected to interview Lakers assistant coach Brian Shaw on Monday. Scott said he has not been offered the job, and it’s his understanding the Cavs hope to make a decision by Thursday’s start of free agency.

“I’m not sitting and waiting on Phil Jackson,” Scott said. “That ain’t me. I’m not waiting on anybody.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-scottcavs062810

To those of you who were interested in nabbing Scott as the next coach if Phil leaves, here you go.

kblo247
06-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Halle- ****ing-lujah :dance:

I couldn't stand the thought of him coaching LA

majmarcus
06-28-2010, 06:41 PM

I know right!!!!!!!!!!!!

nanablvd
06-28-2010, 08:22 PM
my guts tell me that the more it takes Phil to make his decision, the higher the chance he's going to return. Basketball is always in Phil's blood; a 2 to 3 week vacation should be enough for him to feel wanting to coach again.

Rai8drz
06-28-2010, 08:27 PM
2-3 three weeks with Jeanie might just do the trick to get to want to get him to want to leave and come back to coach!

enserio
06-28-2010, 11:28 PM
I haven't read through any coaching threads in here lately, but, what is the general consensus about a new coach if Phil leaves? Seems like slim pickins out there.

KillaInstinct24
06-29-2010, 12:37 AM

exactly. if our team was younger and quicker, if kobe was 25, then it could work. but i just dont see him coaching a half court team.

kingkobe
06-29-2010, 12:37 AM
C;mon Jax. Let us know already. I'd very much get Scott if he leaves.

kingkobe
06-29-2010, 12:39 AM
exactly. if our team was younger and quicker, if kobe was 25, then it could work. but i just dont see him coaching a half court team.

Really? Why so? He's a good coach. I'm sure he can change depending on the players he's got on his team. Clearly there's no CP3 kinda players here that'll push the run and gun system. So he'll have to go with the half court system.

Fireworld
06-29-2010, 03:24 AM
I'd like to see him as the new coach. Very curios how this Laker team would play OUTSIDE the triangle offense.

Iceman_9
06-30-2010, 12:29 AM
let scott go. id rather have eddie jordan if phil decides to retire..

dodgerfan87
06-30-2010, 01:15 AM
I like Scott's run and gun offense concept, however I think this current team is not equip with the speed to do it. We would need more "slashers" on this squad. If Phil does not return, I hope we can get Brian Shaw so he can continue to triangle offense with the current roster. Otherwise, it won't work.

The_Great_One
06-30-2010, 02:46 AM
I'd like to see him as the new coach. Very curios how this Laker team would play OUTSIDE the triangle offense.

I wouldn't want to experiment and lose our mojo we have going. That's why I don't like giving up Odom and Bynum for Bosh and Jack. There's such a thing as chemistry, experience together as a winning unit, loyalty to the guys who got you there and the system. M, take a look at the PM I sent ya and tell me what you think okay? Thanks.