PDA

View Full Version : Johnson to New York as Max Player?

ABOMB_56
06-27-2010, 11:51 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5334060

There is the link of ESPN about the Knicks courting Johnson the first moment they can during free agency. Also, on their bottom line, there is a report that the Knicks will offer him a maximum salary contract deal at the strike of midnight

ChiSox219
06-27-2010, 11:52 PM
Ouch.

D Roses Bulls
06-27-2010, 11:53 PM

There is the link of ESPN about the Knicks courting Johnson the first moment they can during free agency. Also, on their bottom line, there is a report that the Knicks will offer him a maximum salary contract deal at the strike of midnight

johnson proved he isnt worth a max. the knicks must of figured they are out of the lebron sweep stakes.

29$JerZ
06-27-2010, 11:55 PM
I call BS since Donnie said he wouldn't overpay for the sake of getting talent; which would mean he think he can't get LBJ/Wade/Bosh.

I certainly hope not, that would really suck even though I like JJ.

Lakers4ItAll
06-27-2010, 11:57 PM
no way is he worth a Max

29$JerZ
06-27-2010, 11:57 PM

Your wrong

When the clock strikes midnight ET in New York on July 1, Knicks team president Donnie Walsh and coach Mike D'Antoni will be in Los Angeles meeting with Johnson who will hold all of his meetings with clubs on the West Coast. The Knicks' brass will fly to northeast Ohio to woo James at 1 p.m. ET on Thursday.

Please don't do that :laugh:

It said they will meet with him at the stroke of midnight, not offer him a Max.

G-Bay New J
06-27-2010, 11:58 PM
I hope this is true.

I don't want my Nets signing JJ, and this would take him off the market :)

ABOMB_56
06-27-2010, 11:58 PM
If they could possibly get both Amare and Johnson then I would consider this a good FA for the Knicks. I mean D'Antoni got them to the stars they are right now in Phoenix, I don't see why his system couldn't elevate them some more

ABOMB_56
06-27-2010, 11:59 PM
Your wrong

[/B]

No not on that article. I meant on ESPN bottomline on TV it said that they were going to offer him max. I'm trying to find that article but I can't at this moment

fin_frenzy_84
06-28-2010, 12:00 AM
These last few day are gonna be hard for us fans to sleep. Just imagine the FO of our favorite teams... lol

Sadds The Gr8
06-28-2010, 12:03 AM
Joe Johnson a max???? god damn...talk about desperation...:facepalm:

justinnum1
06-28-2010, 12:03 AM
Your wrong

When the clock strikes midnight ET in New York on July 1, Knicks team president Donnie Walsh and coach Mike D'Antoni will be in Los Angeles meeting with Johnson who will hold all of his meetings with clubs on the West Coast. The Knicks' brass will fly to northeast Ohio to woo James at 1 p.m. ET on Thursday.

Uhhhhh...your wrong. It said on ESPN ticker, knicks will offer JJ MAX when they meet.

jtrinaldi
06-28-2010, 12:08 AM
guys Mike Redd is a max this year:facepalm: this makes joe johnson look like lebron...........enough said

MagicBucsSox
06-28-2010, 12:18 AM
guys Mike Redd is a max this year:facepalm: this makes joe johnson look like lebron...........enough said

michael redd was just as good as johnson. injuries held himback

LMAO WHY DO NEW YORK EVEN STILL HAVE A TEAM ?SEND THEM TO VEGAS
i no longer know who has worse management between them and minnesota

Kakaroach
06-28-2010, 12:24 AM
These last few day are gonna be hard for us fans to sleep. Just imagine the FO of our favorite teams... lol Haha yeah, it must be pretty stressful for them.

But yeah, not a good decision by the Knicks if it is true.

PrettyBoyJ
06-28-2010, 12:25 AM
I think JJ knows the knicks will be the only team willing to offer him a max.. cuz he sure doesnt deserve it.. Knicks should really think this through

Slimsim
06-28-2010, 12:27 AM
michael redd was just as good as johnson. injuries held himback

LMAO WHY DO NEW YORK EVEN STILL HAVE A TEAM ?SEND THEM TO VEGAS
i no longer know who has worse management between them and minnesota

Because were NY fool. :D

ABOMB_56
06-28-2010, 12:31 AM
If you search "Knicks offering max to Joe Johnson" you will find a few more forums that have said the same thing based on the ESPN ticker and this deal is being reported by Chris Broussard

thedfactor
06-28-2010, 12:34 AM
LOL if the Knicks did this and maxed JJ right away. Johnson isn't worth max money at all.

bleedprple&gold
06-28-2010, 12:35 AM
Did the Knicks learn nothing from their years of mediocrity while having a roster full of vastly overpaid players?? If this is their approach they are going to be right back where they were. First Allan Houston, then Stephon Marbury, now Joe Johnson...:facepalm: :pity:

NYY NYJ NYK
06-28-2010, 12:36 AM
omg please no

Why give JJ a max ?

Evolution23
06-28-2010, 12:36 AM
LOL at all the people that believe this... I think even Johnson would be surprised to get a max at this point.

abe_froman
06-28-2010, 12:37 AM
Did the Knicks learn nothing from their years of mediocrity while having a roster full of vastly overpaid players?? If this is their approach they are going to be right back where they were...

this.

blastmasta26
06-28-2010, 12:39 AM
I'm not gonna flip just yet, but if Donnie actually does this, I'ma be really pissed.

NYtilIdie
06-28-2010, 12:40 AM
Could someone please highlight where it says were going to offer the max as soon as we meet up with JJ?

While were at it please give me a link the to this so-called "report"

ABOMB_56
06-28-2010, 12:40 AM
Could someone please highlight where it says were going to offer the max as soon as we meet up with JJ?

While were at it please give me a link the this so-called "report"

ESPN Ticker reported by Chris Broussard
No link at the moment

Kyben36
06-28-2010, 12:44 AM
bulls will be speeking with Bosh slightly after 12.01 acording to some source. Lebron will be greated by JZ. Ny is targeting JJ. and nobody is showing up to miami. HA.

blastmasta26
06-28-2010, 12:47 AM
Not saying the report is true or not, but why exactly would the Knicks offer JJ a max as soon as they meet with him? Even if we are not favorites to get LeBron, shouldn't they atleast meet with him before going all in on JJ and probably STAT?

NYtilIdie
06-28-2010, 12:48 AM
Of course Broussard reported this SMH we just don't learn do we. Are these the same "sources" that claimed JJ was ready to commit to the Bulls? The same "sources" that claimed Lebron and Bosh are leaning towards joining the Bulls when Bosh said himself MIA is #1 on his list?

But hey "sources">Bosh's own words, right?

gbpackers12
06-28-2010, 12:49 AM

While were at it please give me a link the to this so-called "report"

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/johnson-reportedly-willing-to-558794.html

This is all i could find.

J$mo0th_3o5
06-28-2010, 12:53 AM
bulls will be speeking with Bosh slightly after 12.01 acording to some source. Lebron will be greated by JZ. Ny is targeting JJ. and nobody is showing up to miami. HA.

:laugh2:

:facepalm:

IU Hoosiers 3
06-28-2010, 12:55 AM
bucher was just sayin how landing johnson quick will help court lebron..i just dont get it cause even if the knicks snag lebron and johnson..then what?

NYtilIdie
06-28-2010, 12:56 AM
http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/johnson-reportedly-willing-to-558794.html

This is all i could find.

See Broussard's saying according to his "sources" were going to offer JJ max money. Why would we do that if he's reportedly willing to play for less money?

Yeah, Broussard that just makes alot of sense :rolleyes:

Denver-boy
06-28-2010, 12:56 AM
JJ is really Good SG!!!! I'll start off by brushing off the hate jj been getting..... now i dont think he's a Max player cause im sure everyone has that on a Kobe/Lebron/Wade/Melo Level... so sure he doesnt diserve it but if your JJ do you really want to Go to the Knicks???? HELL no unless they offer me aLot Doe, if this is true im sure JJ has to sign, too much money to pass up. bottom line this is a Desperate Move but they need a guy like a JJ and maybe get a Another Player, Does This MAKE THEM a CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDET HELL NO, BUT IF YOU THOUGHT THATS WHAT was going to happen your fooling yourself, only winner this Off-season is who gets Wade Or Lebron!!!!

abe_froman
06-28-2010, 12:57 AM
bucher was just sayin how landing johnson quick will help court lebron..i just dont get it cause even if the knicks snag lebron and johnson..then what?

exactly,its a bad move

blastmasta26
06-28-2010, 12:59 AM
I guess that would be it. But I don't see how JJ would help get LeBron, we would have no big men except for Eddy Curry and our 2nd rounder Jerome Jordan.

NYK_kidd77
06-28-2010, 01:04 AM
He said "could" offer never said will offer.

csenoner
06-28-2010, 01:22 AM
theres one thing you guys are missing.

If the Knicks meet with Joe Johnson at midnight and get him to agree to a max deal they become the Lebron front runnners. Many have reported that Bron would rather play with Joe than Bosh. But let's just say he likes both players equally, The Knicks sign Johnson while Bosh is in Miami (as he has been this weekend) negotiating with the Heat and DWade.

If Bosh signs with Wade, and Johnson signs with the Knicks, it leaves the bulls scrambling. Now the top 3 free agents are locked up and the Bulls have none. All of the sudden the extra cap room the Bulls got in the Heinrich deal doesnt look so hot because there is no one left for him to go to Chicago with.

He can stay in Cle, go to NY with JJ, or the less likely triple FA grab from MIA.

Suddenly Chicago isnt such a hot destination if theyve cleaned house and all they can offer is Rose and Noah. That puts the Bulls in a position of ZERO leverage. They have to pay max money to a guy like Amare. I find it unlikely that Bron would join Boozer after he jilted him after his rookie year.

So, now lebron has other options at this point maybe even better than the bulls which is joining the Clip Show or Nets who both at this point would have more talent than the Bulls.

Suddenly Chi isnt as appealing and NYC prolly becomes the front runner, the only (realistic) place he can go to join a max player that hes expressed desire to play with plus a young talented nucleus.

In fact this may be genius by walsh. if getting JJ committed makes them the faves for Bron, its worth giving him a max.

ABOMB_56
06-28-2010, 01:25 AM

If the Knicks meet with Joe Johnson at midnight and get him to agree to a max deal they become the Lebron front runnners. Many have reported that Bron would rather play with Joe than Bosh. But let's just say he likes both players equally, The Knicks sign Johnson while Bosh is in Miami (as he has been this weekend) negotiating with the Heat and DWade.

If Bosh signs with Wade, and Johnson signs with the Knicks, it leaves the bulls scrambling. Now the top 3 free agents are locked up and the Bulls have none. All of the sudden the extra cap room the Bulls got in the Heinrich deal doesnt look so hot because there is no one left for him to go to Chicago with.

He can stay in Cle, go to NY with JJ, or the less likely triple FA grab from MIA.

Suddenly Chicago isnt such a hot destination if theyve cleaned house and all they can offer is Rose and Noah. That puts the Bulls in a position of ZERO leverage. They have to pay max money to a guy like Amare. I find it unlikely that Bron would join Boozer after he jilted him after his rookie year.

So, now lebron has other options at this point maybe even better than the bulls which is joining the Clip Show or Nets who both at this point would have more talent than the Bulls.

Suddenly Chi isnt as appealing and NYC prolly becomes the front runner, the only (realistic) place he can go to join a max player that hes expressed desire to play with plus a young talented nucleus.

In fact this may be genius by walsh. if getting JJ committed makes them the faves for Bron, its worth giving him a max.

What's even funnier is that the Knicks may sign JJ to a Max contract AND still not get LeBron. You said it yourself, the top FA's would be gone (Wade, Bosh, LeBron) and it leaves the Knicks with JJ and maybe one of Boozer/Amare. That is two max contracts to guys who don't deserve it.

abe_froman
06-28-2010, 01:26 AM

1.unless joe and lebron are bff's,i dont see how they suddenly become front runners just by adding him

2.joe isnt a max player,giving him such is dumb under any circumstance

3.the knick roster needs more work on it than just sg and sf,so promising half of all your money to him keeps you from getting a good pg or pf or c,things that would serve your team better

MoBASS
06-28-2010, 01:41 AM
That would be a horrible signing. He's not a max player but YES espn is saying NYK will offer JJ the max.

Max players:

Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Dwight
Cp3
Dirk
Deron
Durant

THAT's IT

G-Bay New J
06-28-2010, 01:45 AM
That would be a horrible signing. He's not a max player but YES espn is saying NYK will offer JJ the max.

Max players:

Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Dwight
Cp3
Dirk
Deron
Durant

THAT's IT

I agree other than that. Brandon Roy is also close.

ChaseMe
06-28-2010, 01:50 AM
http://ww2.ajcmobile.com/autojuice/?targetUrl=http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/johnson-reportedly-willing-to-558794.html

this article shows that he's willing to take less money to play in NY because he feels he can make it up in endorsements and stock. Sorry if
it's already posted

dodie53
06-28-2010, 02:09 AM
the knicks won't do anything stupid like that.
lol

hugepatsfan
06-28-2010, 02:14 AM
I think Eddy Curry + Wilson Chandler would be a good S&T offer for JJ from ATL. They get a good young starting SF and an expiring deal that could be used to add a valuable piece at the deadline.

If the JJ deal was for about 15 mil, that would give NY just enough space for 2 more max players - Lebron and Amare.

Toney Douglas
JJ
Lebron
Galinari
Amare

That has D'Antoini written all over it. I don't think that lineup would win a title though, unless they got a real C.

nuggetsyankees
06-28-2010, 02:17 AM

Max players:

Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Dwight
Cp3
Dirk
Deron
Durant

THAT's IT

you forgot about Melo

JDMVP
06-28-2010, 02:19 AM
Joe Johnson and Amare Stoudemire, Will be a good off-season for the knicks but not Great,
again Good but not great

ldc62
06-28-2010, 02:19 AM
So much more for getting Lebron/Wade/Bosh and then maybe Melo...

How is Walsh doing a good job? Hes doing the exact same as Isiah and is just packaging picks away...

ldc62
06-28-2010, 02:22 AM

Max players:

Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Dwight
Cp3
Dirk
Deron
Durant

THAT's IT

Terrible list... why would you wanna give Dirk a max when hes getting old?