PDA

View Full Version : NBC Sports 2010 NBA Draft Grades

MikefromMars
06-27-2010, 10:34 PM
"The exercise of grading a draft the moments after it happens are a bit of mental masturbation, fun but ultimately pointless.

But I'm all about ultimately pointless. (Not the other thing, I'm a married man. For shame.) So I graded the draft last night for NBCSports.com. Bottom line, loved what the Spurs did, thought Oklahoma City and Sacramento did well also. Missed the picture on Dallas and Portland. Not so much the picks in Portland but the bad timing for canning the GM. Classy."

-Kurt Helin, NBC Sports

All of the grades can be found at this site:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/37916755/ns/sports-nba/

GSW Hoops
06-27-2010, 10:40 PM
Charlotte and Denver both have 0 picks, yet Charlotte gets an F while Denver gets a N/A. Huh?

MikefromMars
06-27-2010, 10:48 PM
Prob because Denv doesnt need those pics as much as CHA?

Who knows?

ChiSox219
06-27-2010, 10:53 PM
I don't get how we aren't getting an "A" in all these draft grade articles.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-27-2010, 10:53 PM
Lol at mental masturbation.

69centers
06-27-2010, 10:54 PM
I like how Boston gets an A- drafting Avery Bradley, even though James Anderson was available. Then the article says San Antonio may have got the best draft with getting James Anderson and they get an A? Seems like we should have gotten a C+ with that logic.

gbpackers12
06-27-2010, 10:56 PM
B is what I would've given the Pistons draft, so no complaints here.

NBA-GMaster
06-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Charlotte and Denver both have 0 picks, yet Charlotte gets an F while Denver gets a N/A. Huh?

haha!! I think Washington, Oklahoma,and Sacramento are the winners of the draft day..

Gators123
Washington
Nobody could screw this up -- they got John Wall. They got a cornerstone. But they get knocked down a notch because they spent $20 million earlier in the day on a trade that netted them Kevin Seraphin and a mentor for Wall (Kirk Hinrich). Pretty expensive for what they got.
Grade: B

Drafting Wall is a automatic A, hes suppose to be grading the draft not trades on the day of the draft.

MikefromMars
69-

I think the need factor comes into play. SA addressed a specific need, a sharp shooter. Boston, assuming they resign Ray Allen, already has enough shooters.

MikefromMars
06-27-2010, 10:59 PM
Drafting Wall is a automatic A, hes suppose to be grading the draft not trades on the day of the draft.

I think it might include draft day moves. Look at Portland.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-27-2010, 11:00 PM
Solomon Abali could be a poor mans Joakim Noah?

I never seen the man play but if that happens, cool for the Raps. Doubt it happens though.

Bishnoff
06-27-2010, 11:04 PM
All I can really comment on is the author's review of the Suns. It displayed no insight or research whatsoever.

TragicallyHip
06-27-2010, 11:04 PM
Solomon Abali could be a poor mans Joakim Noah?

I never seen the man play but if that happens, cool for the Raps. Doubt it happens though.

Dude, Joakim Noah is a poor man's Joakim Noah. I'd hate to see what that makes Abali...

Raps18-19 Champ
06-27-2010, 11:13 PM
Dude, Joakim Noah is a poor man's Joakim Noah. I'd hate to see what that makes Abali...

The man was picked 50. So if he breaks the rotation and contributes, that's good enough for me.

blastmasta26
06-28-2010, 12:57 AM
As expected, NY got a D. :facepalm: I hate these picks. Hopefully, I'm wrong about them and they turn out to be decent players that crack the rotation.

The Panch
06-28-2010, 01:35 AM
How does Indiana get a D, they didn't have the best draft ever, but they didnt have one of the worst ever either, I'd say about a B, but if George reaches his potential in the next few years, he could be a top 3 player in this draft, and Stephenson is a steal at 40, he can be a player like Ron Artest if he can just keep his head in the game.

Korman12
06-28-2010, 02:04 AM
How does Indiana get a D, they didn't have the best draft ever, but they didnt have one of the worst ever either, I'd say about a B, but if George reaches his potential in the next few years, he could be a top 3 player in this draft, and Stephenson is a steal at 40, he can be a player like Ron Artest if he can just keep his head in the game.

It looks like he gave them a D because their first pick was for someone who would fit the exact same role Granger, their best player, already does. It's not saying as if Paul George is a bad player or anything, but not what the team needed at that point in the draft. Stephenson was a fine pick, but Ryan Reid at 57 (regardless of how meaningless the 57th pick may be) was a horrible selection.

I wouldn't give them a D though. B seems about right.

The Panch
06-28-2010, 03:21 AM
They traded Reid for Magnum Rolle, right after the pick, I don't even think Indiana wanted to pick him, I believe they were picking for someone else. And I think Granger and George will both be starting around All Star break at the latest, one at the 2 the other at the 3, just depends on what they do with trades and stuff.

Korman12
06-28-2010, 03:57 AM
Oh yeah, forgot about the trade ...

Nice ti.ts

Kyben36
06-28-2010, 04:26 AM
Bulls deserve at least a B, FA or not, we needed to clear Hinrich, and we did. that pick wasnt going to get us much anyway. lotery heavy draft if you ask me.

Allstar21
06-28-2010, 04:41 AM
I think the knicks missing out on Lance Stephenson is the worst mistake of the draft....i like the cuse kid but Fields was a mistake

Stephenson woulda been a no risk high reward home town hero

The Raven
06-28-2010, 05:58 AM
I would at least give the Lakers a B here. I mean we got a great defender in Ebanks who really just has to work on his offense and imo a steal with caracter

magichatnumber9
06-28-2010, 06:28 AM
I would at least give the Lakers a B here. I mean we got a great defender in Ebanks who really just has to work on his offense and imo a steal with caracter I really like this pick. Ebanks should be a solid guy off the bench in the next few years

ldc62
06-28-2010, 08:24 AM
NBCsports is terrible... worst than Bleacher.