PDA

View Full Version : What one non LeBron related move puts your team over the top?

hotpotato1092
06-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Pretty simple, what move could your team make excluding signing LeBron that would put it over the top? I'm not gonna get into my Knicks because they're a lost cause, but I'll do a few. If the Lakers can S&T Bynum for Bosh I think they lock up the title. If Orlando can trade Jameer and Vince's expiring for Paul they're the clear cut favorites.

bostncelts34
06-27-2010, 06:02 PM
....um...no offense...but isnt this pretty obvious?

Sign and trade ray and Wallaces contract for Wade.

Then Trade Amare for KG and future picks

Rondo
Wade
Pierce
Amare
Perk

hey..you didnt say realistic.

sofargone
06-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Well, I as much as I hate them, the Raptors are my team. We won't be over the top, but depending on what we get in trades for Big Turk, and Calderon, assuming we trade them, we will be much better off IMO. Then there's the potential of a S&T for Chris Bosh which can get us something decent in return.

gbpackers12
06-27-2010, 06:04 PM
:shrug:

Mycool11
06-27-2010, 06:05 PM
New owner= Go WARRIORS!!!!! Too bad we got rid of j-rich.

bigsams50
06-27-2010, 06:12 PM
Bosh or Stoudemire on my Bobcats.

AI4MVP
06-27-2010, 06:13 PM
replacing Amare Stoudemire with Gani Lawal

TheWatcher34
06-27-2010, 06:15 PM
if Doc Rivers, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett, Rondo, Big Baby and Scal go visit Mike James at his house and convince him to join the team.

_Supreme_
06-27-2010, 06:18 PM
Trading Mario Chalmers for Dwight Howard and Rashard Lewis.

Make it happen Pat! :laugh2:

Swashcuff
06-27-2010, 06:19 PM
if Doc Rivers, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett, Rondo, Big Baby and Scal go visit Mike James at his house and convince him to join the team.

u want them to go to heaven???

VinceCarter
06-27-2010, 06:23 PM
The Nets signing Wade.

Harris
Wade
Damion James
Derrick Favors
Brook Lopez

Bench
Courtney Lee
TWill
Yi

That's Eastern Conference Finals at the least.

Kyben36
06-27-2010, 06:28 PM
I think Bosh would make the bulls na instant contender. we have needed a big man for a long time, nad bosh is the best avalible.

other than that. the bulls need shooting. but thas not too hard to find.

netsgiantsyanks
06-27-2010, 06:32 PM
trading yi jianlian for amare stoudemaire and steve nash

bostncelts34
06-28-2010, 09:37 AM
The Nets signing Wade.

Harris
Wade
Damion James
Derrick Favors
Brook Lopez

Bench
Courtney Lee
TWill
Yi

That's Eastern Conference Finals at the least.

?? seriously? So adding favors and wade make a 12 win team a contender? lol

xbrackattackx
06-28-2010, 12:19 PM

Favors- No

Adding Wade to any team makes it dangerous.

nuggetsyankees
06-28-2010, 12:31 PM
trading Malik Allen and Ty Lawson for Andre Blatche and John Wall...Malik and Wall haven't proven anything in the NBA so far (hahaha)
...honestly
K-Mart and JR for Bosh in a S&T
Sign JO or a SG for MLE

wasome10
06-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Trading Mario Chalmers for Dwight Howard and Rashard Lewis.

Make it happen Pat! :laugh2:

What make u think Mario chalmers is worth both Dwight n Rashard???????????????:facepalm: Even a ******** GM would not do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

srfr4life
06-28-2010, 01:09 PM
Chris Paul to Orlando. WTF Otis? Do whatever it takes!

*Silver&Black*
06-28-2010, 01:27 PM
Chris Paul and Okafor (contract dump, a main reason to move Paul) for Al Horford, a future 1st, and Mike Bibby (expiring). Hornets will have a young Collison/Horford PG/PF combo (can't say that for the Magic trade). Hornets also get what they want in salary cap space and gets younger with a young all-star PF to go along their young PG. How is that not good? I doubt the main piece they want in a trade would be Harris or Jameer when they can get a all-star PF on his rookie contract. Also is the Magic or Nets ready to take on Okafor's contract?

Hawks would have:

Chris Paul (where he wanted to be drafted)
Joe Johnson (re-signed)
Marvin Williams
Josh Smith
Okafor

6th man: Jamal Crawford

Over the cap but a True PG (the best in the NBA) with Joe Johnson in the backcourt is the best in the NBA. Chris Paul running the court with Josh Smith= :speechless:. Lose Hoford, but gained a center that can defend Howard.

#3 in the East last year without the best PG in the game and a center, so we would really improve.

mikantsass
06-28-2010, 01:33 PM

A lineup of:
Harris
Wade
D James
Favors
Lopez

is certainly better than last year's 5th seeded:
Chalmers
Wade
Q Rich
Beasley
JO

xbrackattackx
06-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Adding 2 of the following Bell,T-Mac,Luke Ridnour and Haywood.

arkanian215
06-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Bosh or Stoudemire on my Bobcats.

yall need some front court depth. a second tier big man would do them wonders.

arkanian215
06-28-2010, 01:42 PM

Don't discount the impact of Wade or additional interior defense and rebounding. Favors addresses two of our biggest weaknesses from last year. Wade provides the go to first option down the stretch.

xbrackattackx
06-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Don't discount the impact of Wade or additional interior defense and rebounding. Favors addresses two of our biggest weaknesses from last year. Wade provides the go to first option down the stretch.

x 2 what I said ha.

About Wade...

Kashmir13579
06-28-2010, 01:54 PM
first, re-sign David Lee. next, sign a superstar who consistently attracts a double team; then kick it to Andy Rautins who is wide open in the corner. POW! BANG! BOOM! done.

magichatnumber9
06-28-2010, 01:57 PM
I would give my soul to the devil himself for Mike James to play for the Celtics. Dynasty

Lebron<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Mike the G.O.A.T James

Kashmir13579
06-28-2010, 01:58 PM
Chris Paul and Okafor (contract dump, a main reason to move Paul) for Al Horford, a future 1st, and Mike Bibby (expiring). Hornets will have a young Collison/Horford PG/PF combo (can't say that for the Magic trade). Hornets also get what they want in salary cap space and gets younger with a young all-star PF to go along their young PG. How is that not good? I doubt the main piece they want in a trade would be Harris or Jameer when they can get a all-star PF on his rookie contract. Also is the Magic or Nets ready to take on Okafor's contract?

Hawks would have:

Chris Paul (where he wanted to be drafted)
Joe Johnson (re-signed)
Marvin Williams
Josh Smith
Okafor

6th man: Jamal Crawford

Over the cap but a True PG (the best in the NBA) with Joe Johnson in the backcourt is the best in the NBA. Chris Paul running the court with Josh Smith= :speechless:. Lose Hoford, but gained a center that can defend Howard.

#3 in the East last year without the best PG in the game and a center, so we would really improve.

not that it would happen... BUT. if it did. i could see the hawks getting back to back to back championships with that line-up. when crawfords coming off the bench, opposing teams have no chance to breathe let alone win the game.

thekmp211
06-28-2010, 02:11 PM
What make u think Mario chalmers is worth both Dwight n Rashard???????????????:facepalm: Even a ******** GM would not do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh boy.

Human FlameShld
06-28-2010, 02:13 PM
I hate to say this but I don't think there is one move the 76ers can make even if it was Lebron to put them over the top.

The 76ers need Doug Collins in system in place and the players used to it. The need Holiday and Turner to develop as players and chemistry between them, they need to see if Iggy and Turner can play together and make a move if they can't. Speights needs to learn some defense and we need to see what Hawes can become.

If I had to choose one thing to put the Sixers over the top I would say they need to jump 3 years into the future and have all the young guys develop properly.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-28-2010, 02:36 PM
Brook Lopez or Bynum or Gasol

*Silver&Black*
06-28-2010, 02:47 PM
not that it would happen... BUT. if it did. i could see the hawks getting back to back to back championships with that line-up. when crawfords coming off the bench, opposing teams have no chance to breathe let alone win the game.

Yeah I doubt Chris Paul is traded, BUT, if he did, don't you think the Hornets (who wants to dump salary with Paul, so Okafor) a young all-star PF on his rookie contract instead of yet another PG in Jameer or Harris? I believe the Magic can't take on Okafor's contract without having to give up other big contracts, which the Hornets don't want. Bibby is perfect for this, being an expiring and a vet behind Collison for a year to teach him.

Joe Johnson might re-sign with the Hawks anyways, but will help knowing Chris Paul is your new teammate.
Hawks will then have the best backcourt in the league (Paul and Johnson) with 2 shot blockers in the paint (Smoove and Okafor). That (without any big shake ups in the East during Free agency) would be the best team in the East.

Bryrob58
06-28-2010, 02:49 PM

Oh boy x2.

:drunk:

VinceCarter
06-28-2010, 02:51 PM
A lineup of:
Harris
Wade
D James
Favors
Lopez

is certainly better than last year's 5th seeded:
Chalmers
Wade
Q Rich
Beasley
JO

:clap:
The Nets have a much better PG and C than that Miami squad too.

nuggetsyankees
06-28-2010, 02:52 PM
this three team trade that makes sense for everyone although it eliminates the Heat's chance of signing Bosh, I believe Amare would be a better fit with their team anyways

Raptors get: K-Mart, JR Smith, Beasley

Nuggets get Bosh, James Jones

Heat get Calderon, 2011 picks

RaiderLakersA's
06-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Does this have to be realistic?

Replace our bench with second tier free agents or trades of the same positions and the Lakers should be contending for another championship, easy. Like so:

Out: Mbenga; In: B. Haywood or David Lee
Out: Farmar; In: Luke Ridnour
Out: Luke Walton; In: Travis Outlaw
Out: Shannon Brown; In: JJ Redick
Out: Josh Powell; In: Udonis Haslem
Out: Adam Morrison; In: Tracy McGrady (if injured, he'll play as often as Adam did)