PDA

View Full Version : Let's (Not) Talk About Free Agency

MurderousPress
06-27-2010, 10:43 AM
So 4 out of 5 threads on PSD right now are about the teams who are going all in to clear cap space in order to acquire an elite/top level free agent a la Bron, CB4, JJ, Dwade, STAT, whoever. Let's say the power structure of the league completely changes in the NBA and one team actually lands a few of the free agents and become an bona fide contender. We will go with the worst case scenario of both CB4 and LBJ going to the Bulls (how's that sound Bulls fans?) or perhaps CB4 and JJ join forces with Dwade in Miami. The specifics of the situation doesn't really matter. What team or teams will best contend with this/these new super teams that have been formed via free agency? Will the Lakers be able to take down the above mentioned Chicago team? Will the Thunder continue their development the old fashioned way and prove to be an admirable force? What do you guys think?

SA5195
06-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Not gonna happen. I want it to stop too, but I guess other people like posting the same news over and over again.

fadedmario
06-27-2010, 11:36 AM
I think the Pistons are going to move both Hamilton and Prince out of town. It should make for an interesting summer in Detroit. Likely destinations for Prince could be New Orleans or Golden State. Hamilton could end up in Milwaukee in my opinion. Stuckey might even get moved if it means we get Collison back from New Orleans. Dumars says he's not interested in Al Jefferson so I don't see any deals being made with Timberwolves.

COBY KARL
06-27-2010, 06:29 PM
then dont come back to psd till...preseason?

td0tsfinest
06-27-2010, 06:43 PM
This is arguably the biggest Free Agent Class of all sports, ever. Its hard not to talk about it, especially with July right around the corner.

The ChiCago KiD
06-27-2010, 06:55 PM
yea but its getting old....no one knows where anyone is going and everything that is out there is BS....everything that can possibly be said has been said.....will lebron go here....why would he do that....does so and so have enough cap.....and coby carl dont be a idiot and tell people not to come to psd.....its getting old thats all we are saying....I really have not heard so much BS talk in my whole life....and ya know what all that its shown me (all this freeagent talk) is that 90 percent of the people on PSD are idiots...but ya know what this is a place where every one is all owed to voice their opinion.....idiot.

gbpackers12
06-27-2010, 06:58 PM
I don't mind all the excitement and talk about this free agent class, but I do hope that all of these guys go to different teams. I'm excited too, even though I know the Pistons probably aren't going to get any really big names. I just don't want to see LeBron and Bosh play for Chicago for many reasons, and I definitely don't want to see LeBron, Bosh and Wade down in Miami. I understand these guys want championships, but come on. There are more than 3-4 teams in the NBA. I'm not a fan of this "Super Team" concept.

magichatnumber9
06-27-2010, 07:11 PM
then dont come back to psd till...preseason?Ya know.. Hey we have a music forum in here, or if that doesn't float your boat we have a fitness and video game forum as well.

rufo4100
06-27-2010, 07:17 PM
If Lebron, Bosh and Wade all end up in Miami then they will be the favorites. If Lebron and Bosh got to Chicago then they will probably be the favorites. I really cant see any other realistic scenario based on rumors I have heard where a team will be favored above the Lakers to win the 2011 title going into next year.

rufo4100
06-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Ya know.. Hey we have a music forum in here, or if that doesn't float your boat we have a fitness and video game forum as well.

Also an entertainment forum! :D

mia305king
06-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Then don't watch

magichatnumber9
06-27-2010, 07:26 PM
Also an entertainment forum! :D I knew I forgot one.

PrettyBoyJ
06-27-2010, 07:33 PM
Mayb the same threads.. but its the offseason.. what else is there to talk bout beside the most anticipated FA class..

Gators123
06-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Personally, I find the "Village of the Banned" forum pretty funny. ;)

td0tsfinest
06-27-2010, 07:48 PM
Also an entertainment forum! :D

and a General Discussion.

magichatnumber9
06-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Alright since this has officially become the offseason thread of choice lets move on and talk about Lebron James playing for the Raptors:cricket:

Gators123
06-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Alright since this has officially become the offseason thread of choice lets move on and talk about Lebron James playing for the Raptors:cricket:

LeBron is going to NY

Mudvayne91
06-27-2010, 08:42 PM
I don't mind all the excitement and talk about this free agent class, but I do hope that all of these guys go to different teams. I'm excited too, even though I know the Pistons probably aren't going to get any really big names. I just don't want to see LeBron and Bosh play for Chicago for many reasons, and I definitely don't want to see LeBron, Bosh and Wade down in Miami. I understand these guys want championships, but come on. There are more than 3-4 teams in the NBA. I'm not a fan of this "Super Team" concept.

I was gonna spout out with my frusteration, but I think you've summed it up pretty well. I sincerely hope all of cap clearing teams get absolutely nothing in FA. Then at least all the CHI, MIA, NY fans etc. would at least be polluting all the NBA threads with something different instead of the same thing over and over.

MurderousPress
06-27-2010, 09:04 PM
So you guys are apparently just reading the title and not the rest of the post. I'm essentially just trying to put a different spin on the summer of free agency...you know, for something refreshing.

Mudvayne91
06-27-2010, 09:37 PM
I know what you're saying, I was just happy to see other people getting sick of talking about the same teams. I still think the Lakers would be the favorites. Putting multiple superstars together on a team doesn't necessarily mean success. NY a few years ago is a good example. It doesn't mean they won't be great either cause BOS was able to do it. I just think more times than not putting 3 or more superstars together doesn't work. I really hope it doesn't happen though. There needs to be some parody in the NBA.