PDA

View Full Version : T'Wolves Looking For The Right Deal To Trade Al Jefferson

R_O_W_E
06-26-2010, 02:46 PM
The NBA draft may have added two new starters to the Timberwolves' roster, but the most momentous shakeup of the lineup may be yet to come. Al Jefferson, Minnesota's leading scorer in each of his three seasons here, is available in a trade, team President David Kahn confirmed Friday.

"It's the right time, finally, for us to explore this," Kahn said after introducing draft picks Wesley Johnson, Lazar Hayward and Nemanja Bjelica. "Kurt [Rambis, the Wolves coach] and I needed to watch the team play a year. It would have been a terrible mistake to make decisions without really understanding what we had."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/97206939.html

This is the perfect move for Chicago. If Chicago can't get LeBron or Bosh, you can't tell me that they could not eventually reach a championship in the next 3-5 years with a core of Rose/Deng/Jefferson/Noah. Each guy is 25 and under.

Jefferson is more of a 4 than a 5 IMO and paired next to a good defensive C like Noah and a good defensive coach like TT, his defensive struggles can be hidden.

koreancabbage
06-26-2010, 02:50 PM
that team is not going to the championship finals. BUAHAHA

Raps18-19 Champ
06-26-2010, 02:52 PM
I offer Bargnani for him.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-26-2010, 02:52 PM
If Jefferson gets traded, that creates more playing time for Love and he will be a rebounding leader next season.The guy is a rebounding machine.14-15rpg next season

rcxa
06-26-2010, 02:54 PM
haha rose/deng/jefferson/noah? so how exactly do they land jefferson.. this is pointless.. jefferson seemed viable when they only had room for one max.. if they can trade deng for jeff and sign jj and lebron im all for it otherwise id stay away from AJ

black1605
06-26-2010, 02:55 PM
i wish we had the pieces to get this done

Tyson Chandler Expiring
Gerald Hendrson
Future First

Big Al

Raps18-19 Champ
06-26-2010, 02:57 PM
Bargnani
Evans(expiring)
Banks(expiring)
Future 1st round pick

for

Big Al

abe_froman
06-26-2010, 02:58 PM
haha rose/deng/jefferson/noah? so how exactly do they land jefferson.. this is pointless.. jefferson seemed viable when they only had room for one max.. if they can trade deng for jeff and sign jj and lebron im all for it otherwise id stay away from AJ
we are and even if we land lebron would be under cap,can absorb his contract.

pieces:gibson,james johnson,rights to omer asik,future bobcats first rounder,future bulls picks(not saying its enough to get it done,just there are other pieces besides deng)

Gators123
06-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Figure out something Dumars!

JDMVP
06-26-2010, 03:14 PM
I want him traded in the east, not a pacer or pistons fan but those are the two teams where i want him to land.

Lake_Show2416
06-26-2010, 03:15 PM
trade andrew bynum for him. bynum has bad knees and thats a bad sign for a young big man.

wolves get a real sized center instead of playing 2 PF's. plus they're r dumb as hell when it comes to running a team. so im sure they can be convinced haha

mayb give them sasha's expiring contract in the trade and take a player under contract for a while to make it more attractive for the wolves

rufo4100
06-26-2010, 04:04 PM
I'd love to see him back in Boston.

Kendrick Perkins, Sheed and Glen Davis and our first round pick for Big Al

KmB728
06-26-2010, 04:05 PM
trade andrew bynum for him. bynum has bad knees and thats a bad sign for a young big man.

wolves get a real sized center instead of playing 2 PF's. plus they're r dumb as hell when it comes to running a team. so im sure they can be convinced haha

mayb give them sasha's expiring contract in the trade and take a player under contract for a while to make it more attractive for the wolves

Big Al also has bad knees

Hawkeye15
06-26-2010, 04:05 PM

The Wolves are not taking Bynum and his knees, sorry dude. And we don't have any bad deals on our roster, and would never take Sasha vagina

Hawkeye15
06-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Big Al also has bad knees

he has had 1 injury. One. Let that settle in. He is 100%, has been for a few months.

Hawkeye15
06-26-2010, 04:07 PM
I'd love to see him back in Boston.

Kendrick Perkins, Sheed and Glen Davis and our first round pick for Big Al

well, Sheed not only sucks, he is retired. Perk sucks, and Davis is a role player.
no way

Hawkeye15
06-26-2010, 04:07 PM
never mind. There are going to be countless ridiculous offers here. Why bother...

I would entertain the Bargnani one though

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-26-2010, 04:18 PM
The Wolves are not taking Bynum and his knees, sorry dude. And we don't have any bad deals on our roster, and would never take Sasha vagina

Sasha is a good shooter and a good defender and he is expiring.Kurt would take him in a heartbeat!

But I don't want Al.

soxnfins
06-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Redd's 17M expiring and ersan for al Jeff and sessions and a future pick

KmB728
06-26-2010, 04:35 PM
well, Sheed not only sucks, he is retired. Perk sucks, and Davis is a role player.
no way

You really think Perk and Davis suck?

are you KIDDING ME????

Perk is one of the most underated players in the league... he may not have great stats but he does all of the little things that dont show up on the stat sheet. He is big and can defend the likes of Dwight Howard, and Shaq down low, he is one of the toughest guys in the league.

And Glen Davis although a role player is WAY better than anyone on the Wolves bench. Also when KG was out last year he did a fine job at replacing him the starting lineup and even hit a game winning jump shot. This year in the playoffs he was one of the best bench players in the leaue, and even played through a concussion! he is better than anyone on the wolves bench. so please. why dont YOU let that settle in.

Rex-Raptorz
06-26-2010, 04:39 PM
3 way S&T with bosh

Bluffmasta
06-26-2010, 04:40 PM

are you KIDDING ME????

Perk is one of the most underated players in the league... he may not have great stats but he does all of the little things that dont show up on the stat sheet. He is big and can defend the likes of Dwight Howard, and Shaq down low, he is one of the toughest guys in the league.

And Glen Davis although a role player is WAY better than anyone on the Wolves bench. Also when KG was out last year he did a fine job at replacing him the starting lineup and even hit a game winning jump shot. This year in the playoffs he was one of the best bench players in the leaue, and even played through a concussion! he is better than anyone on the wolves bench. so please. why dont YOU let that settle in.

Then y trade them ?

KmB728
06-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Then y trade them ?

i wasn't the one who brought up the trade...

and to be honest i would rather keep Perkins and Davis

boeknows
06-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Comeon guys this is the right deal for Al not who can come up with the least shittiest deal for him. If we are gonna get rid of our best player you better be putting something decent in the deal. Not 2 or 3 of your bench players cause thats not going to get it done.

Hawkeye15
06-26-2010, 04:49 PM
Sasha is a good shooter and a good defender and he is expiring.Kurt would take him in a heartbeat!

But I don't want Al.

and I don't want either in a trade for Al. Bynum can't get through a season without getting hurt.
And Sasha is not liked anywhere outside LA

Hawkeye15
06-26-2010, 04:50 PM

are you KIDDING ME????

would the common NBA fan have heard of either if they played for the Wolves or Nets.....
and that is how you know they are role players at best.

Hawkeye15
06-26-2010, 04:52 PM
i wasn't the one who brought up the trade...

and to be honest i would rather keep Perkins and Davis

then Al Jefferson? haha. Ok.

Showmeyourtds
06-26-2010, 04:57 PM
and I don't want either in a trade for Al. Bynum can't get through a season without getting hurt.

We will gladly keep our NBA Championship winning players while you get a lottery pick yearly:laugh:

nuggetsyankees
06-26-2010, 05:01 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=33nyrjw probably the fairest trade but may hurt the Nuggets

Hawkeye15
06-26-2010, 05:02 PM
We will gladly keep our NBA Championship winning players while you get a lottery pick yearly:laugh:

no sweat. Have fun paying Bynum $50 million to miss 20-30 games a year, and be ineffective and slow in 3 years.

Hawkeye15
06-26-2010, 05:02 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=35kt4fw probably the fairest trade but may hurt the Nuggets

I cant see the link, work computer. What is it??

Hawkeye15
06-26-2010, 05:03 PM
we have discussed Bynum for Jefferson on the Wolves board. Its not that Bynum isn't a very good player. But he misses way too many games. Way too many. The Lakers depth and Gasol's size can cover that up. But he is just too risky until he can prove he is healthy.
And Sasha. No fkin way. I hate him

mia305king
06-26-2010, 05:04 PM
I cant see the link, work computer. What is it??

Jefferson + Sessions for Billups + Balkman. Makes no sense for Minnesota

Hawkeye15
06-26-2010, 05:05 PM
Jefferson + Sessions for Billups + Balkman. Makes no sense for Minnesota

none

MacFitz92
06-26-2010, 05:08 PM
What about Caron Butler and Dominique Jones for Jefferson.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-26-2010, 05:13 PM

true that

he probably will get killed when LA trades him to another city

Rex-Raptorz
06-26-2010, 05:14 PM
best trade = Barganani + Calderon for Corey brewer + Al Jefferson

97NYer
06-26-2010, 05:18 PM
Eddy Curry (Expiring)
Future 2nd rounder

Al Jeff

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-26-2010, 05:23 PM
how about Okafor for Jefferson

would be hell of a defensive frontcourt love+okafor

fadedmario
06-26-2010, 05:24 PM
Most NBA scouts say Jefferson is not half the player he was two years ago.

Lokthug101
06-26-2010, 05:24 PM
What the he'll why don't the pistons Trade for his Moro asap we desperately need a center well offer maxiel Austin daye and summers that seems fait to me what y'all think

FLWolvesFan
06-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Eddy Curry (Expiring)
Future 2nd rounder

Al Jeff

That's a joke.....right?

cwilson21
06-26-2010, 05:28 PM
These are literally the worst trade offers for a player I've ever seen.

Blueyedbrownie
06-26-2010, 05:32 PM
I think the best thing to do would be for the Wolves to keep him and build his value back up.

heatking
06-26-2010, 05:39 PM
At most i can see the heat doing james jones for big al and a 1st. No one wants that contract.

Lions #81
06-26-2010, 05:41 PM
Piston fan here. hoping we can get our greedy paws on him. Rip, Maxiell for Jefferson

abe_froman
06-26-2010, 05:41 PM
At most i can see the heat doing james jones for big al and a 1st. No one wants that contract.

i dunno,if a capspace team misses out on one of the star pf's i can see him being in demand

MagicBucsSox
06-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Gortat and a MLE for Al j

IndiansFan337
06-26-2010, 05:51 PM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/97206939.html

This is the perfect move for Chicago. If Chicago can't get LeBron or Bosh, you can't tell me that they could not eventually reach a championship in the next 3-5 years with a core of Rose/Deng/Jefferson/Noah. Each guy is 25 and under.

Jefferson is more of a 4 than a 5 IMO and paired next to a good defensive C like Noah and a good defensive coach like TT, his defensive struggles can be hidden.

The Bulls may desire him, but now they don't really have the pieces to acquire Jefferson. Minnesota isn't going to move him just to dump his salary. But Jefferson would be a great compliment to Noah down low.

Lions #81
06-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Flynn
Hamilton
Johnson
Love
who cares

that looks good to me

magichatnumber9
06-26-2010, 06:07 PM
I have a better idea.... Let Al stay in Minni, let him and love tear up the team and any chance they have being a contender... Then just pick him up when he becomes a free agent. This way Minni will be an easy W on the sched and we don't have to give up a pick for him. Does this work for Minn?

The Panch
06-26-2010, 06:12 PM
Indiana Gets- Johnny Flynn and Al Jefferson

Minnesota Gets- Troy Murphy, Brandon Rush, TJ Ford

Seems to be a good trade for both teams.

Mplsman
06-26-2010, 06:29 PM
^Not at all.

PHX2daDEATH
06-26-2010, 06:38 PM

T-Wolves would have to get something better than that.. Wasnt there a rumor last year of Al-Jeff for Granger straight up?

Something like this would be better

Murphy
Hansbrough or McRoberts
D. Jones

for Big Al and Flynn.... Makes sense for both teams.. Pacers get the young point guard they want, T-wolves might actually gain something by having Love and Murphy...that'd be one helluva rebounding pair

The Jokemaker
06-26-2010, 06:43 PM

If theyre parting with Flynn and Jeff they'd definitely need a few more players in return. I think Indiana has enough though to offer a package sufficient to get Al Jeff. Him and Hibbert would make one of the more interesting front courts in the nba.

And btw, great sig picture.

Klivlend
06-26-2010, 06:45 PM
The Cavs had better make a move for him. They have to do something to retain LBJ. This would be a great start.

MELO 15
06-26-2010, 06:45 PM
nene & Jr for Al & brewer

Sixerlover
06-26-2010, 06:48 PM
These are literally the worst trade offers for a player I've ever seen.

Welcome to what we had to go through before the draft for the #2 pick.

X12Celtics3
06-26-2010, 06:58 PM
...I wouldn't mind having him back in Boston, but I definitely wouldn't put Perkins in a deal for him as somebody else did earlier. I feel that a lot of people on these forums severely undervalue him...

kblo247
06-26-2010, 07:07 PM
no sweat. Have fun paying Bynum $50 million to miss 20-30 games a year, and be ineffective and slow in 3 years.

Yet he is still more well rounded than Al even with the bad legs and doesn't have a weight problem :p

kblo247
06-26-2010, 07:08 PM
If anyone should look at a deal for him it should be OKC for Haden, Green, and Ibaka

goose15
06-26-2010, 07:11 PM
E Curry & a ham sandwich for Al Jefferson

ldc62
06-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Kahn is looking to get a SF in return...

kblo247
06-26-2010, 10:24 PM
Kahn is looking to get a SF in return...

Smart on his part because a wing is more important than a big or guard in the triangle system

numba1CHANGsta
06-26-2010, 10:35 PM
Al and Rubio for Bynum? ;)

finyankhawkfan
06-26-2010, 10:51 PM
How bout Marvin Williams and a scrub like Zaza coming from the Hawks. Salary wise it matches up and it gives the Hawks a "true center" for the people who think Horford is better suited to be a forward. The Wolves get a forward with some upside and center backup...

Young2Kinsler
06-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Caron Butler, future 1st and Erik Dampier for Jefferson.

It gives the Wolves a great wing that can score, but on a short contract, a huge expiring, and a pick. Maybe not a perfect offer, but alot better than what others are throwing out.

finyankhawkfan
06-26-2010, 10:54 PM
Yup...the Butler trade sounds a helluva lot better than the one I just posted from the Hawks...

ramsizzle
06-26-2010, 10:58 PM
Al for deng n taj or a first. Then sign bron n jj. Oh lord pipedreams are a wonderful thing:clap::cool:

ChiSox219
06-26-2010, 11:02 PM

You wouldn't take Bynum for Jefferson?

no way

I might take Perkins over Jefferson

29$JerZ
06-26-2010, 11:04 PM
Deng might be a good player in a triangle system but I don't see Chicago trading him until July 8th comes around and they see what the situation is.

It's amazing how things turn out, AL was suppose to replace KG and it looks like Kevin Love will be.

finyankhawkfan
06-26-2010, 11:17 PM
Perk is out with a bum knee for the next season potentially, right?

D-Will4Prez
06-26-2010, 11:25 PM
I'd give AK for Jefferson+Brewer all day

The Jokemaker
06-26-2010, 11:37 PM
Caron Butler, future 1st and Erik Dampier for Jefferson.

It gives the Wolves a great wing that can score, but on a short contract, a huge expiring, and a pick. Maybe not a perfect offer, but alot better than what others are throwing out.

Now that's a deal and a half. I think if Cuban isn't able to land one of the big guys he could definitely pull off something like that. With Dirk's jumper and Al's inside game, that is one formidable front court.

Giantwarrior
06-26-2010, 11:44 PM
monta ellis + expiring contracts for Al

blastmasta26
06-27-2010, 12:01 AM
E Curry & a ham sandwich for Al Jefferson
lol you beat me to it.

Oefarmy2005
06-27-2010, 12:07 AM
1) Wolves are not looking for expiring contracts
2) Any trade that brings back a PG is a no-no
3) The Wolves are not trading Flynn unless he is in a package for Granger, Melo or someone of that caliber - period.
4) I agree that Al's value is in the drain and It would be nice to let him build it back up, but unfortunately him and Love in the same front court = the worst D in the last 10 years, and it seems like Love didn't like sitting on the bench last year.

Here are my thoughts on other proposed trades:

Al for Bynam is very fair since both of their values are way down, but they are both huge risk for either team whether staying or moving.

Al for Perk and Davis is a ridiculous offer. At this point Perk and Davis > Big Al.

Al for the Butler deal sounds the best too me and makes sense for both teams.

The Jazz AK deal is pathetic.

The Warriors deal for Ellis makes sense if we can make it a 3 team with Mayo to Minny, Ellis to Memphis and Al to GS.
If Al is traded to the pacers - Paul Gerge better be coming back to MN.

Oefarmy2005
06-27-2010, 12:08 AM
lol you beat me to it.

It seems you guys are making fun of Minny, when in real life you are making fun of your own team that has absolutely no assets.

Oldmantrash
06-27-2010, 12:18 AM
I'd be real skeptical about getting Jefferson in a trade.
He looked bad last year,and I think The wolves want to dump him before everyone realizes he's not the same player anymore.

blastmasta26
06-27-2010, 12:19 AM
It seems you guys are making fun of Minny, when in real life you are making fun of your own team that has absolutely no assets.
Making fun of Minnesota? :eyebrow:

We're making fun of Eddy Curry.

trevhipp7
06-27-2010, 12:20 AM
IND gets: Al Jefferson

MIN gets: Troy Murphy or Mike Dunleavy, IND 2011 1st(top 5 protected)

thoughts

topdog
06-27-2010, 12:30 AM
Guys suggesting MN should be the one throwing in a first round pick or Flynn really make me question coming into the general forum - I think I'd rather talk at my t.v. or maybe to a ham sandwich...

PrettyBoyJ
06-27-2010, 12:36 AM

Lakers wont trade Bynum.. when he's healthy He and Gasol own the paint and no team can match up why trade that for and undersize 4 IMO

topdog
06-27-2010, 12:51 AM
Jefferson could be part of a sign-and-trade if one of the FAs was willing to come at max max money - just about the best thing a team could get back losing their best player.

But, otherwise, anyone else think this is a decent deal for all 3 teams?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=298mvy3

-Dubs get rid of their other 2 contracts while investing in a very offensively talented forward and a defensive center who could compliment him well.

-Memphis gets an exciting PG/SG who they previously were linked to and choose Gay over Mayo, while also getting an athletic lockdown defender.

-MN gets a potential go-to scorer and an unproven but promising athletic forward, a decent but grossly overpaid center and a guy who I doubt Memphis cares about anymore but his salary is needed to make the deal work.

hugepatsfan
06-27-2010, 01:28 AM
Jefferson could be part of a sign-and-trade if one of the FAs was willing to come at max max money - just about the best thing a team could get back losing their best player.

-Dubs get rid of their other 2 contracts while investing in a very offensively talented forward and a defensive center who could compliment him well.

-Memphis gets an exciting PG/SG who they previously were linked to and choose Gay over Mayo, while also getting an athletic lockdown defender.

-MN gets a potential go-to scorer and an unproven but promising athletic forward, a decent but grossly overpaid center and a guy who I doubt Memphis cares about anymore but his salary is needed to make the deal work.

MEM got raped.

CraigInSanJose
06-27-2010, 01:41 AM
MEM got raped.

Memphis actually seemed fine with doing Ellis for Mayo and Thabeet and this basically is the same trade except with them giving up Haddadi and getting Brewer. Aside from them signing and trading Brewer.

I think the Bulls could be a potential landing spot. Swapping Jefferson and Deng could help both teams. Though Minny would then be absolutely LOADED with wings and Wesley and Deng both are SFs and would be playing next to each other for the next 4 years barring another trade.

NYK|NYY
06-27-2010, 01:47 AM
Why are we eliminating trades that bring back a PG? Kahn loves his PGs! OOHH!!!

Hawkeye15
06-27-2010, 10:36 AM
Yet he is still more well rounded than Al even with the bad legs and doesn't have a weight problem :p

do you even watch Jefferson? Nevermind, dumb question

Hawkeye15
06-27-2010, 10:38 AM
You wouldn't take Bynum for Jefferson?

I might take Perkins over Jefferson

Bynum gets hurt literally every year. I would take him for sure for Jefferson straight up, but he just can't stay on his feet for 82 games a year.
Perkins would not even be a name 50% of PSD would know if he played on a bad team. Not to take anything away from his role with the Celtic's, but he is the definition of a role player. There are 40 players that could take his place.

Oefarmy2005
06-27-2010, 11:06 AM

Topdog - this deal favors Minny way too much over the other teams and GS gets absolutely raped. Here is the much more fair proposition:

Memphis gets: Monta Ellis
GS gets: Al Jefferson
MN gets: Mayo+Thabeet