PDA

View Full Version : Better rookie year turner or wall?

mp3
06-26-2010, 01:18 AM
Who has a better rookie year, and what do you think their stats will be like. What will the teams records be as well??

SeoulBeatz
06-26-2010, 01:25 AM
Turner, obviously. :)

hard to say, but Turner and Wall will both be starting from day one, that much is sure.

we'll see how they do in summer league

cmellofan15
06-26-2010, 01:25 AM
Favors

DerekRE_3
06-26-2010, 01:26 AM
Cousins :pray:

Rego247
06-26-2010, 01:27 AM
wall

NYK_kidd77
06-26-2010, 01:27 AM
I think Turner will.

BradyIsTheMan12
06-26-2010, 01:29 AM
Generally it's more difficult to transition to the NBA as a point guard, so I will give Turner the edge as a rookie. This doesn't mean I think Turner will have a better career, that's debatable. It's too difficult to peg stats and records for the players and teams at this point in my opinion too. I could see Turner having comparable rookie year numbers to Brandon Roy if Iguodala is shipped out. I think Wall will have a first year that may have ups and downs, he doesn't have a very good jump shot yet..

abe_froman
06-26-2010, 01:44 AM
turner

Kyben36
06-26-2010, 01:45 AM
my bet is on Wes Johnson. JOhn wall has a long way to go to be an NBA PG, he seems out of control way to much, and needs to learn to run a team, not just run.

Turner, Turner has tons of tallent, but also I dont think has enough athletism to make it in the NBA.

Wes Johsnon seems like the most plished player out of the group.

ItsTheLastAce
06-26-2010, 01:49 AM
Turner, I just really like his game.

mrblisterdundee
06-26-2010, 01:52 AM
Who is the better rookie depends on the state of their teams. John Wall goes to a completely gutted Washington Wizards. Evan Turner goes to a team with Andre Igoudala, Elton Brand and Thadeus Young. Like Andray Blatche, Wall has a lot more touches freedom than Turner. I'm thinking that Philadelphia should trade either Igoudala or Young, if they really want Turner.

PhillyZig33
06-26-2010, 01:53 AM
I think the Sixers make the playoffs this year. Yell if you will but I really believe it will happen. I believe the sixers will make one more move to improve the team and improve the teams chemistry.

kozelkid
06-26-2010, 01:54 AM
I go Turner. He's so NBA ready mentally and physically. Wall might have issues. Especially with the team record not to mention depending how much PT he gets given the logjam in the guard position and how much he'll get to handle the ball.

asandhu23
06-26-2010, 02:25 AM
Epke Udoh

sargon21
06-26-2010, 02:32 AM
^ terrible pick, but i'd say turner, but dont sleep on cousins

asandhu23
06-26-2010, 02:45 AM
^ terrible pick, but i'd say turner, but dont sleep on cousins

considering the injuries warriors get, he will probably end up as the starting center and then boom bamm, rookie of the year

The Jokemaker
06-26-2010, 02:58 AM
I think it will be Turner who has the better rookie year than Wall. I like Turner and the way he plays and I think he will do good things for the 76ers.

DerekRE_3
06-26-2010, 03:04 AM
considering the injuries warriors get, he will probably end up as the starting center and then boom bamm, rookie of the year

Oh so guys like Turner and Wall won't start?

MaHaRaJaH
06-26-2010, 03:11 AM
Cousins :pray:

Cousins

sargon21
06-26-2010, 03:12 AM

haha theres always hope :shrug:

More-Than-Most
06-26-2010, 03:19 AM
Turner... I think he will end up being the best player in this draft. I was worried that the wizards were gonna skip over wall and we would end up taking him... Wall has a lot of upside and he is extremely raw... A lot has to come together for him to reach his potential.

SugeKnight
06-26-2010, 03:23 AM
Blake Griffin :D

Kobes a Killer
06-26-2010, 03:24 AM
Blake griffin? It's his rookie year technically isn't it?

DerekRE_3
06-26-2010, 03:25 AM
Blake Griffin :D

Oooo good point. Can't wait to see how he does.

Kobes a Killer
06-26-2010, 03:25 AM
Lol sugeknight you probably posted that 3 seconds before me

nico916
06-26-2010, 03:31 AM
Real talk I just remembered that Blake Griffin is even in the nba, he might have a better season then all the rookies this year. He is going to be in the rookie of the year hunt too and dude is really good and I don't think he's gonna blow like Greg Oden.

robdizzle3
06-26-2010, 03:31 AM
This is actually a good question, because you can see both playing well. Both are gonna have some sort of talent around them and both are gifted. Wall is the better athlete, but Turner is ready to play now and will transition better IMO, so im gonna go with Turner by a smudge.

nico916
06-26-2010, 03:32 AM
lol somebody beat me to that

Kashmir13579
06-26-2010, 03:35 AM
wes johnson

RocketsRule
06-26-2010, 03:35 AM
I like Turner. He's a polished, NBA-Ready player who can come in and make an impact on a talented Philadelphia squad. I like Wall, but the Wizards have a lot of **** they need to sort out before they head anywhere.

Blake Griffin is also a possibility, but he has too many question marks around him as well. Turner, to me, seems like a safe bet.

gbpackers12
06-26-2010, 03:37 AM
I'll take Turner for the rookie season.

robdizzle3
06-26-2010, 03:39 AM
I like Turner. He's a polished, NBA-Ready player who can come in and make an impact on a talented Philadelphia squad. I like Wall, but the Wizards have a lot of **** they need to sort out before they head anywhere.

Blake Griffin is also a possibility, but he has too many question marks around him as well. Turner, to me, seems like a safe bet.

Blake has to be the most athletic big man in the game. He soars when its not even needed. Thats what happened on that injury. He's gotta take it easy at first and then go back to doing what he does. Man he's a freak of nature for real.

RocketsRule
06-26-2010, 03:41 AM
Blake has to be the most athletic big man in the game. He soars when its not even needed. Thats what happened on that injury. He's gotta take it easy at first and then go back to doing what he does. Man he's a freak of nature for real.

Oh, I'm not doubting that at all. It's just that he has been sitting out from the game for a year and that can really hurt a players rhythm. Not to mention there might be lingering effects from his injury, which could hinder his performance as well.

By then end of the season, I expect him to be right there for ROY, but he has a lot to overcome before that happens.

robdizzle3
06-26-2010, 03:46 AM
Oh, I'm not doubting that at all. It's just that he has been sitting out from the game for a year and that can really hurt a players rhythm. Not to mention there might be lingering effects from his injury, which could hinder his performance as well.

By then end of the season, I expect him to be right there for ROY, but he has a lot to overcome before that happens.

I agree. i was just showering him some praises. The guy is Supernatural, but as you said, he will have things to overcome, though he will be ready rather quickly, because he could've played during the season, but they wanted to make sure. He's gotta get into game mode.

ldc62
06-26-2010, 03:47 AM
Wall obviously... 76ers still need to get rid of Iggy.

PhillyFan04
06-26-2010, 04:18 AM
Turner =P

BradyIsTheMan12
06-26-2010, 04:21 AM

If Nelson is still the coach he won't play him if he's any good though.

Lucho
06-26-2010, 05:02 AM
Im actually feeling Wesley Johnson,,,i'd pick him for rookie of the year if i had to. Only thing that makes me a little hesitant is the T'Wolves factor. Other than that, Book it!!

junion
06-26-2010, 05:06 AM
I'd say overall career - wall

better rookie year - turner, but very close - cousins

best rookie year (RoY)- griffin

i.got.the.nutz
06-26-2010, 05:37 AM
Wall will be rookie of the year.

The Raven
06-26-2010, 06:14 AM
My bet is Turner

TheKing23
06-26-2010, 08:54 AM
Cousins will have a better rookie year than both of them and win ROY.

97NYer
06-26-2010, 09:10 AM
The Wizards need to trade Agent Zero for a big....
As for the Sixers they need to trade Iggy for a C or just hope he can play with Turner

magichatnumber9
06-26-2010, 09:11 AM
Has anyone heard Turner talk in interviews? He has the strangest voice I have ever heard, kind of like Kermit the frog.

rufo4100
06-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Wall. He will get a TON of playing time and should get the keys to the offense so its his to lose.

rufo4100
06-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Has anyone heard Turner talk in interviews? He has the strangest voice I have ever heard, kind of like Kermit the frog.

LOL....it is a little Kermitish.

drobe86
06-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Wall by far. Turner will be the biggest bust of 2010. Mark it down. Ohio State players just flat out don't make it in the league. I mean Oden, Conley, Daequann Cook, and Scoonie Penn are all bums. Michael Redd had like 2 good yrs, and now he's a bum. I look for Evan Turner to continue the trend.....

AntwanN21
06-26-2010, 11:58 AM
Wall has already won it before he steps foot on the court for the first time.

Much like Lebron James in his first year, when Melo should have won it

Hawkeye15
06-26-2010, 12:10 PM
since I think Philly will make the playoffs this season, if they put up similar numbers, Turner will be considered the better first year
Washington is still a lottery team after this next year unless a FA miraculously decides to take their offer. They just don't have enough yet. That changes if they can add players though obviously

Taking wins/losses out of the equation, I think Wall has the better year.

blastmasta26
06-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Depends on trades. Wall will have Arenas and Hinrich to hinder his stats, while Turner will have Iggy to prevent him from putting up stats. But if no trades are made, I think Turner will have a better rookie season with Wall having a better career.

I like the LeBron and Melo comparison above.

Hopkins
06-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Wall by far. Turner will be the biggest bust of 2010. Mark it down. Ohio State players just flat out don't make it in the league. I mean Oden, Conley, Daequann Cook, and Scoonie Penn are all bums. Michael Redd had like 2 good yrs, and now he's a bum. I look for Evan Turner to continue the trend.....

Do you have any other reason to believe he'll be a bust other than the fact that he went to Ohio St?

When judging if a player is gonna have a good career or not, I personally like to look at other variables such as talent, and gameplay, but hey thats just me.

I hate when people say Turner is not athletic, whoever thinks that, has really never seen the guy play frankly, I watch Ohio St all the time, trust me the guy is PLENTY athletic, just cause he's not a freak like Wall athletically doesn't mean he's not athletic period, and thats not even including the other intangibles Turner has.

MikeG
06-26-2010, 12:30 PM
I think if arenas gets traded it allows for wall to have more minutes. So my answer is if arenas is traded, wall will be better

CaptainStu5
06-26-2010, 12:33 PM

Well that could be because he was hit by a car when he was 3, or had an overbite that gave him a horrible speech impediment and forced him into speech therapy, or because of his severe breathing problems that required the removal of his tonsils.

maddBat
06-26-2010, 12:39 PM
stupid thread. every1s opinion is all on speculation. most will pick wall because he was the #1 pick. of course as of right now wall is ahead of turner. they both hav yet 2 play in the nba. how r u gonna say whos better already? if this was last year. we'd b talkin bout blake griffin and hasheem thabeet. being 1 and 2.. look who took rookie of the year. tyreke evans. :eyebrow:

shep33
06-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Turner can contribute more right now I think. Wall has the better upside, but Turner seems like he can play and guard 3 positions which reminds me of Scottie Pippen in a way. I expect him to be more like a Brandon Roy with the Sixers, probably gonna start at the 2, but the guy can handle the ball like crazy.

Wall seems to have an inconsistent jumper, but over time I think he'll be a top 5 pg in the league.

shep33
06-26-2010, 12:44 PM
I think if arenas gets traded it allows for wall to have more minutes. So my answer is if arenas is traded, wall will be better

Yeah I just don't see it happening though. Guy has a monster of a contract, has had a few knee surgeries, and the gun incident doesn't help. So yeah, Arenas is staying. I don't get why they got Hinrich when they have Arenas, Wall, Foye. Yeesh, 4 pg's who can all start for other teams on the same team.

LT.CARDWISIE
06-26-2010, 12:46 PM
i think turner.Wall's turnovers will hurt him badly in the nba

Sixerlover
06-26-2010, 12:50 PM
Turner will have the ball more because we have a very young backcourt (Holiday is younger than Turner is), and more margin for error in the early stages because he doesn't have Arenas or Hinrich like players behind him waiting for minutes, so I say he will have the better year. And Collins loves working with young 2 guards.

Iguodala won't hinder Turner's minutes because the 2 and the 3 are two totally different positions. Wall has to deal with Hinrich and Arenas (Unless one of the 3 commit to playing the 2)

Sixerlover
06-26-2010, 12:53 PM

because the school is what we should base the players on and not the individual talent right? :rolleyes:

But since we are talking about Ohio St I guess John Havlicek, Jerry Lucas, Herb Williams, Derek Anderson and Jimmy Jackson were all bums too huh? And if LeBron would have went to college for a year he would have magically became a scrub too...

goose15
06-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Wall will have more highlights but Turner will have a better season.

ClayMatthews
06-26-2010, 12:57 PM
Turner. Better overall basketball player than wall.

Hopkins
06-26-2010, 12:59 PM
because the school is what we should base the players on and not the individual talent right? :rolleyes:

But since we are talking about Ohio St I guess John Havlicek, Jerry Lucas, Herb Williams, Derek Anderson and Jimmy Jackson were all bums too huh? And if LeBron would have went to college for a year he would have magically became a scrub too...

What he said. Which is pretty much what I just said, but yeah lol definitely agree.

netsgiantsyanks
06-26-2010, 01:03 PM
i think evan turner will have a better rookie year, but not a better career than john wall

netsgiantsyanks
06-26-2010, 01:05 PM
and to all the people that say that hes good because hes the number 1 pick, thats just stupid because not all #1 picks turn out to be decent let alone good i.e. michael olawakandi and kwame brown

pd7631
06-26-2010, 01:09 PM
If wins/losses are taken into account, then Turner is gonna have the better year. I think Turner will average around 14pts 5reb 4ast, and the Sixers will win 40-45 games. And I think Wall will average around 17pts 4reb 6ast, and the Wiz will win around 30 games.

SeoulBeatz
06-26-2010, 01:10 PM

wow, that is a really dumb theory. sorry, but u made no valid argument whatsoever.

especially the fact that Michael Redd was an allstar for 2 years, whether he is a bum now after knee surgeries and being in his 30's... of course he's not as good anymore.

And ur forgetting John Havlicek went to Ohio State too. Or do u even know who he is?

And Evan Turner is the most fundamentally sound player of any in the draft. he does everything well, unlike those one dimensional other Ohio State players u listed. He may not be a superstar but he could make it in this league on fundamentals and hustle alone.

Giannis94
06-26-2010, 01:11 PM
larry Sanders

SeoulBeatz
06-26-2010, 01:15 PM
larry Sanders

Larry Sanders will be the taj gibson of this draft, if he starts, which is a good thing :)