PDA

View Full Version : Magic Explore Bringing Hedo Turkoglu Back, Says GM

D Roses Bulls
06-25-2010, 11:14 PM
WTF???? I dont kno how i feel about this.

ORLANDO -- Magic general manager Otis Smith dismissed reports Thursday that his team was talking potential trades with New Orleans regarding Chris Paul and Chicago regarding Luol Deng.

Yet he did admit that he had talked recently with the Toronto Raptors about a potential return of Hedo Turkoglu.

"We talked a couple times. We've had conversations (about Turkoglu), but nothing has transpired,'' Smith said. "It hasn't gone anywhere.''

Turkoglu spent five years with the Magic, playing a key role in getting them to the NBA Finals in 2009, where they lost to the Lakers. He left last summer as a free agent, taking a five-year, $53 million deal from the Raptors.

Share Turkoglu struggled in Toronto this season, one of the worst of his career. The Raptors were equally disappointed in him, and he was blamed for a rocky season that may lead to the exit of Raptors star Chris Bosh.

Turkoglu told a Turkish television station this summer that he wanted to be traded. Although his family never moved to Toronto and has remained in Orlando, being traded back to the Magic is unlikely because of his salary. He will be making $9.8 million next season.

Simply looking at the salaries, one way to make the money work would be if the Magic swapped backup center Marcin Gortat (making $6.3 million) and backup power forward Brandon Bass ($4 million) for Turkoglu, although it's not known if either party would be interested in such a deal.

Before he left for Toronto, the Magic had offered Turkoglu fewer years and less money than Toronto.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/06/25/magic-explore-bringing-hedo-turkoglu-back-says-gm/

The Jokemaker
06-25-2010, 11:16 PM
And Pritchard gets canned....

They should have kept this guy in the first place but it is admirable they tried to make a move to improve upon a team to push them over the edge.

mia305king
06-25-2010, 11:18 PM
:facepalm:

Lakers4ItAll
06-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Lol

D Roses Bulls
06-25-2010, 11:23 PM
what is otis smith doing

_KB24_
06-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Would the Magic be willing to take the bastard's remaining years on that contract? How the hell do you honestly say you don't want to go back to a team that you have barely played a season in and underperformed like a motherf%$^er!??

Raps18-19 Champ
06-25-2010, 11:33 PM
Both Bass and Gortat's contract are close to Turkoglus contract amount. So it doesn't seem that bad.

spreadeagle
06-25-2010, 11:36 PM
Id rather bench him and see him eat pizza on the end of the pine then Bass who wont get time hear and Gortat who is ok but wont get us anymore wins I dont think

Kakaroach
06-25-2010, 11:42 PM
Even if this rumor is true, I just don't see it happening. The bridges are burned, and Hedo's contract is ugly.

Sadds The Gr8
06-25-2010, 11:52 PM
"We talked a couple times. We've had conversations (about Turkoglu), but nothing has transpired,'' Smith said. "It hasn't gone anywhere.''

effen5
06-26-2010, 12:10 AM
turkey to orlando

s+t deng to raps for Bosh

Lo Porto
06-26-2010, 12:18 AM
Turkoglu for Pietrus and Gortat
Then Toronto trades Gortat to Utah for Harpring's trade exception, a protected first, and Kosta Koufos.

Why for Raptors - they get out of Hedo's contract, save $3+ and pick up Pietrus, a 1st, and a PF/C with promise
Why for Magic - they get Hedo back and save over $1.5 million in the process
Why for Jazz - Utah gets a center they definitely need

kidfury
06-26-2010, 12:35 AM
Would the Magic be willing to take the bastard's remaining years on that contract? How the hell do you honestly say you don't want to go back to a team that you have barely played a season in and underperformed like a motherf%$^er!??

Because the fans hurt his feelings when we booed him for underachieving, showing up for the season out of shape, missing a game and then go partying shortly afterwards. What was Orlando thinking when they let this guy go???

Raps18-19 Champ
06-26-2010, 12:35 AM
Make it a 3 way between Toronto, Wizards and Orlando.

Orlando was rumoured to trade Vince for Hinrich, Foye and Thornton.

So make it like this

Toronto Receives: Hinrich, Foye, Thornton
Orlando Receives: Hedo Turkoglu
Wizards Receives: Vince Carter

Wade_County
06-26-2010, 12:37 AM
is this before or after they get CP3, lol

Avenged
06-26-2010, 01:02 AM
Can you imagine a VC for Hedo deal? :laugh2:

Oh the irony.

DaoudS
06-26-2010, 01:05 AM
I would personally welcome Vince Carter back with open arms.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-26-2010, 01:06 AM
I would welcome Vince too.

I have no problem with him.

BHF
06-26-2010, 01:07 AM
turkey to orlando

s+t deng to raps for Bosh

another smart bulls fan :facepalm:

Raptor-54
06-26-2010, 01:08 AM
turk and reggi for VC

ldc62
06-26-2010, 01:12 AM
Id rather bench him and see him eat pizza on the end of the pine then Bass who wont get time hear and Gortat who is ok but wont get us anymore wins I dont think

Are you serious? You would rather see him eat pizza for 5 years than get shorter contracts? :facepalm:

blastmasta26
06-26-2010, 01:42 AM
Can you imagine a VC for Hedo deal? :laugh2:

Oh the irony.
:laugh:

abe_froman
06-26-2010, 01:44 AM
otis...wow :facepalm:

_KB24_
06-26-2010, 03:12 AM
I would love to have VC back in Toronto. The franchise's greatest player, can finally get the welcoming he deserves and hopefully be a good influence for the development of DDR.

spreadeagle
06-26-2010, 03:29 AM
Are you serious? You would rather see him eat pizza for 5 years than get shorter contracts? :facepalm:

The hope would be Turk getting motivated by his starting job givin to Sonny Weems..Guy has to have some sort of pride.Get into the gym stay out of nightclubs,stop eating pizza pizza lol

The Raven
06-26-2010, 06:05 AM
I really dont see why they would want to crawl back to him when he screwed them last year in the off season

rufo4100
06-26-2010, 09:19 AM
not sure i'd want him back...he was bad last year and has a big contract.

DaoudS
06-26-2010, 10:02 AM
I really dont see why they would want to crawl back to him when he screwed them last year in the off season

Orlando didn't want to pay him what he wanted. You could say that Orlando screwed him last offseason.

JasonJohnHorn
06-26-2010, 10:11 AM
As a fan of the game from Canada, I would like to see the Raptors do well. So to Otis Smith I say: PLEASE TAKE HIM!!!!!!! I would be a blessing, and we don't even need anything back in return. It would be enough of a favour to just take him off our hands.

I'm hoping he just agrees to recind his contract like the Jazz and fisher did a couple years back.

As for Turkaglu, its not like I hate the guy, but he's just not working in Toronto, and now he has gone out and made it public that he wants out and its just not going to be a positive situation now. I think he is a talented player, I don't think Toronto's coach did a good job employing his talents, or for that matter did a very good job at all. Hedu, in a return to Orlando, would do very well and the Magic would be a better team. Carter could move to shooting guard, and they'd have a 6'7 guys at shooting guard which will give the Magic some length and create mis-matches, and they'll have a 6'10 guy at small forward who can pass and shoot, giving them a then only starting line up that could match up inch for inch with the Lakers.

the Hedu/Toronto situation has simply soured and both parties need to go their separate ways.

Eagles4Lyfe
06-26-2010, 10:31 AM
horrible deal last thing we want is bass another PF and pietrus i wouldnt mind a scrappy defender who can knock down the open jumpshot like antione wright did..I would take gortat pietrus and an unprotected first next year and call it a deal..
Magic owners a ****** to went through all that trouble had a chance to sign him didnt helped him out by giving him a s and t and wants him back now why not just sign him in the first place

effen5
06-26-2010, 10:33 AM
another smart bulls fan :facepalm:

u mad buddy? :laugh: