PDA

View Full Version : OT: worldwide wes: how does this guy make money?

dickydick8
06-25-2010, 04:31 PM
just finished reading an article in GQ about World Wide Wes aka William Wesley and was wondering... How does this guy make a living if he does not ask for anything in return? It says that his profession is a mortgage broker!

does this guy make his $$ by selling houses to his sport stars? just curious on what your guys thoughts were.

http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/200706/william-wesley-worldwide-wes-nba-basketball?currentPage=5

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-25-2010, 04:33 PM
who cares lol

this is NBA forum

dickydick8
06-25-2010, 04:38 PM
he's only one of the most intriguing people in the NBA Universe...

phlp_bj
06-25-2010, 04:41 PM
im pretty sure if he got lebron on the bulls, lebron would pay him off

prodigy
06-25-2010, 04:41 PM
He's like a crazy drunk uncle at the reunion who runs his mouth.

MGB
06-25-2010, 04:58 PM
He's a promoter... He acts almost like an agent does, but he's not an "official" member of any person's "party" or entourage. This keeps his activites from being classified as tampering I believe. He just rubs shoulders with everyone and has power through connections. People compensate him for setting up meetings, and connecting people.

mia305king
06-25-2010, 05:02 PM
He's a Hustla, ask about him.

dickydick8
06-25-2010, 05:04 PM
my theory is that he makes his living by being a mortgage broker to these superstar athletes. if he got 2% of each deal he'd easily be a millionaire. being a salesman connections is where u make ur $$

oak2455
06-25-2010, 05:18 PM
I gonna take a nap

slack_justin
06-25-2010, 07:51 PM
started as a drug dealer to the stars now has enough money to do whatever he wants.

didnt read that anywhere just know. think about it.

gerber
06-25-2010, 08:10 PM
just finished reading an article in GQ about World Wide Wes aka William Wesley and was wondering... How does this guy make a living if he does not ask for anything in return? It says that his profession is a mortgage broker!

does this guy make his $$ by selling houses to his sport stars? just curious on what your guys thoughts were.

http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/200706/william-wesley-worldwide-wes-nba-basketball?currentPage=5

just so u know a mortgage broker is not a real estate agent, a mortgage broker can not sell a house. only a real estate agent can which he is not.

gerber
06-25-2010, 08:17 PM
my theory is that he makes his living by being a mortgage broker to these superstar athletes. if he got 2% of each deal he'd easily be a millionaire. being a salesman connections is where u make ur $$

AKA middle man. which is a legitimate profession although it sounds a lil unorthodox, i forget now but a arab guy who is on the list for one of the richest people on earth still calls himself a middle man.

BradyIsTheMan12
06-25-2010, 08:23 PM
He mows my lawn, I pay well.

DenButsu
06-25-2010, 08:26 PM
who cares lol

this is NBA forum

Actually, I think this is a worthwhile topic in the NBA Forum (although if I had posted it I might have titled it "Who in the hell is World Wide Wes?" rather than asking how he makes his money).

For better or worse, a lot of the rumors generated about this summer's NBA free agency can be attributed to him. And for whatever reason, a good share of the ESPN/Yahoo/etc. NBA analysts seem to actually take what he says seriously, and report it. So on those grounds I think for people to put some information about him out there and discuss whether we can really consider this dude a reliable source is actually pretty important, I think.

Kyben36
06-25-2010, 09:07 PM

WE have one of those, his name is Sam SMith. Have you ever heard of him ???

DodgerBulls
06-25-2010, 09:11 PM
i'd like to meet him, maybe I can land a job as a mop boy or some sort.

Raoul Duke
06-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Basically, from what I gather, he's a middle man that has lots of influence and people pay him to get close to people they're either not allowed to get close to themselves or just don't have access to. Case in point, his connection to a certain college coach and his connections to AAU players who consistently go to said coach's program.

Just connecting dots, here.

smiddy012
06-25-2010, 10:29 PM

Ooooh! I know this one... ummmmm, dont tell me, dont tell me... gosh, its stuck in the back of my mind... oh yeah, right! Projection!

magichatnumber9
06-25-2010, 10:37 PM
started as a drug dealer to the stars now has enough money to do whatever he wants.

didnt read that anywhere just know. think about it.
what am I doing with my life?

97NYer
06-25-2010, 10:54 PM
I never took the guy seriously when it comes strictly to basketball.

_KB24_
06-25-2010, 10:57 PM
"*****, I'm a boss, I do what I do
Millionare status, ***** who is you"

That line from Snoop sums it up.