PDA

View Full Version : Darren Collison Expects To Be Traded

R_O_W_E
06-25-2010, 12:47 PM
ďI donít know if Iím going to be a Hornet, Ē Collison said before meeting with fans at the Hornetsí draft party in Mandeville. ďI like it here, but things donít work out that way. This is a business, and Iím starting to understand it.Ē

Collison thought he was traded last week to the Indiana Pacers after receiving a voicemail message from a reporter seeking comment about the rumored trade. Collison said he quickly called his agent, who told him he was still with the Hornets.

ďIím not going to lie, itís a little distracting, Ē Collison said. ďAfter a good year, you expect good things to happen. It is what it is, and we have a lot of different issues on the team that we want to fix. Iím certain management is going to fix that. All I can do is focus on myself and whatever happens, happens.Ē

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2010/06/new_orleans_hornets_darren_col_5.html

Hes going to be a great fit somewhere.

ManRam
06-25-2010, 12:49 PM
One source says it's Paul who's going to get traded, the next source says it's Collison they want to move...

Who knows? It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. I still think that the Hornets will hold onto CP3.

D Roses Bulls
chris paul better go to the magic

zo#33
Beasley for Collison :pray:

FOBolous
06-25-2010, 12:53 PM
well the Hornets have two very good PGs and they definitely don't need two PGs but they do have glaring needs in other positions. that plus the fact that the owner is strapped for money means something WILL happen. we just don't know what.

will they move Collison and try to improve the team? or will they try to save money and trade Paul instead? Granted Collison is not nearly as good as Paul but without Paul, they still have an all-star caliber PG in Collison.

Kakaroach
06-25-2010, 12:53 PM
Yeah they will move him, not Chris Paul. I'm guessing they'll go for a young big man in return or maybe a veteran that can help them win now.

FOBolous
06-25-2010, 12:54 PM
Beasley for Collison :pray:

that would be such an unfair trade for New Orleans. Collison averaged nearly 20 pts and 10 assists last year in games where he played 27+ minutes. Beasley is an overrated piece of trash.

Super.
06-25-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm 99% positive Collison gets traded and not Paul

black1605
06-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Collison and Okafor for Tyson Chandler:rolleyes:

R_O_W_E
06-25-2010, 01:01 PM
One source says it's Paul who's going to get traded, the next source says it's Collison they want to move...

Who knows? It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. I still think that the Hornets will hold onto CP3.

It would be funny if they moved both just to start all over again and dump Okafor & Posey's salaries in the process.

marlinsfan24
06-25-2010, 01:03 PM
that would be such an unfair trade for New Orleans. Collison averaged nearly 20 pts and 10 assists last year in games where he played 27+ minutes. Beasley is an overrated piece of trash.

I'm loving how someone sitting on their computer and having no talent can call an NBA player a piece of trash...

fadedmario
06-25-2010, 01:04 PM
I've heard some Detroit - New Orleans trade rumors

OT Thriller
06-25-2010, 01:10 PM
He would be great on the Pacers.

R_O_W_E
06-25-2010, 01:11 PM
I'm loving how someone sitting on their computer and having no talent can call an NBA player a piece of trash...

Shots fired.:guns::guns:

Man down. Man down.

showtym24
06-25-2010, 01:12 PM
I'd love to see him come back home and wear the purple and gold. Doubtful but possible.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-25-2010, 01:12 PM
chris paul better go to the magic

you want CP3 in the eastern conference? on one of the already top 2 teams as well in the east?

mikantsass
06-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Good fits for Collison......

Hawks
Heat
Lakers
Knicks
Mavs (depending on Kidd)
Pacers
Kings

IAmKira
06-25-2010, 01:18 PM

Hawks
Heat
Lakers
Knicks
Mavs (depending on Kidd)
Pacers
Kings

No?

R_O_W_E
06-25-2010, 01:20 PM
No?

I was about to say.

Kings??:confused:

Kingz4L
We could definately use him

FOBolous

i call it like how i see it :shrug: he's a piece of overrated trash just like Kwame Brown.

marlinsfan24
06-25-2010, 01:24 PM
i call it like how i see it :shrug: he's a piece of overrated trash just like Kwame Brown.

Brown's been in the league for 8 years and has never put up stats like Beasley did. I didn't know 15 and 7 was garbage now.

showtym24
06-25-2010, 01:24 PM

He aint kwame brown bad.

netsgiantsyanks
06-25-2010, 01:25 PM
it would be good for him to get traded and not chris paul.... trade him while his value is up

mikantsass
06-25-2010, 01:45 PM
No?

Yes Bibby is flat out bad these days and lost big minutes to Crawford.

And a backcourt of Collison and Tyfreke is beastly

Kakaroach
06-25-2010, 01:47 PM
Collison and TyFreak would be a great back-court for years to come, but who would they give up for Collison?

OG "Dee" LOCc
06-25-2010, 01:53 PM
Knicksssssssssssssssssssssssss

jump on it

Eddy Curry (11 mil expiring) + Wilson Chandler for Collison and Okafor

They get rid of the contract for okafor and get a good wing in return

netsgiantsyanks
06-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Knicksssssssssssssssssssssssss

jump on it

Eddy Curry (11 mil expiring) + Wilson Chandler for Collison and Okafor

They get rid of the contract for okafor and get a good wing in return

pun intended?? lol

Sadds The Gr8
06-25-2010, 02:04 PM

Hawks
Heat
Lakers
Knicks
Mavs (depending on Kidd)
Pacers
Kings
Raptors

Fixed.

mikantsass
06-25-2010, 02:08 PM
Fixed.

Ha your right, the Raps could certainly use him too

BALLER R
06-25-2010, 02:09 PM
i hope toronto tries a get this guy he would be a good addition to our team

uws
06-25-2010, 02:16 PM
knicks would love this kid, we all know about the curry/chandler for collison/okafor trade proposition and I think it could help both teams out (NO gets salary dump and a good young forward, and NY gets the center+pg pieces they need)

i feel though that NO might get some better offers where they might shed more $$

bkmikeyy
06-25-2010, 02:18 PM
knicks would love this kid, we all know about the curry/chandler for collison/okafor trade proposition and I think it could help both teams out (NO gets salary dump and a good young forward, and NY gets the center+pg pieces they need)

i feel though that NO might get some better offers where they might shed more $$

I don't know I just don't see many other teams taking on Okafor's 52 million dollar contract to get Collison. If the Hornets want a salary dump Knicks may be the best way to go, plus Chandler is not that bad of a player himself.

Kakaroach
06-25-2010, 02:21 PM
New Orleans would be smart to dump off Okafor with Collison. Hit 2 birds with 1 stone.

NYK_kidd77
06-25-2010, 02:29 PM
I like the Knick trade for both teams but i dont see the Knicks making any trades.

Patrick Swayze
06-25-2010, 02:36 PM
I don't see them trading either one of them right now.

Collison and TyFreak would be a great back-court for years to come, but who would they give up for Collison?

Evans:p

New Orleans would be smart to dump off Okafor with Collison. Hit 2 birds with 1 stone.

I want us to keep Okafor, but I understand the money issue. I just don't know who would play center if he was traded. Aaron Gray? I don't see them signing anyone cause they refuse to spend money.

:laugh2::laugh2:

knicks=love
06-25-2010, 02:45 PM
id love any trade that deals away curry. if we get either collison or paul, chandler is gone but we'll fill in the needed position at point

Patrick Swayze
06-25-2010, 02:54 PM
id love any trade that deals away curry. if we get either collison or paul, chandler is gone but we'll fill in the needed position at point

The Hornets won't take Curry cause they are trying to get rid of players like him.

Stunner
06-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Kings Hornets deal maybe this would work? http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=25hnfa4 And Kings throw them a 2011 1st round pick.

musefan1990
06-25-2010, 02:57 PM
andrew bynum + fillers for darren collison & okafor?
collison is amazing, i went to a rival high school of his, and i got to see him play before and during college, him being tutored by d fish and kobe.....i'd cream myself

pebloemer
06-25-2010, 02:59 PM
well the Hornets have two very good PGs and they definitely don't need two PGs but they do have glaring needs in other positions. that plus the fact that the owner is strapped for money means something WILL happen. we just don't know what.

will they move Collison and try to improve the team? or will they try to save money and trade Paul instead? Granted Collison is not nearly as good as Paul but without Paul, they still have an all-star caliber PG in Collison.

I think it is option 3. They will move Collison and try to save money by getting another team to take the contract of Okafor too.

Patrick Swayze
06-25-2010, 03:07 PM
Kings Hornets deal maybe this would work? http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=25hnfa4 And Kings throw them a 2011 1st round pick.

No

collison is amazing, i went to a rival high school of his, and i got to see him play before and during college, him being tutored by d fish and kobe.....i'd cream myself

And no. But He would be a good replacement for Fisher.

knicks=love
06-25-2010, 03:12 PM
curry and chandler for parker works :)

Giaps
06-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Chandler and Curry for Collison and Okafor....

Knicks get their PG and defensive C
Hornets get a solid young player and unload Okafor's behemoth of a contract.

Patrick Swayze
06-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Chandler and Curry for Collison and Okafor....

Knicks get their PG and defensive C
Hornets get a solid young player and unload Okafor's behemoth of a contract.

I thought we concluded that that was a dumb trade?

5ass
06-25-2010, 03:47 PM
collison for gortat?

Giaps
I thought we concluded that that was a dumb trade?
We or you? Don't call it a dumb trade because Curry has been useless for a few years.

The Hornets are always cost-conscious and it was rumored that the Magic and Hornets were looking for a 3rd team to take Okafor for CHRIS PAUL. If that's true, Collison and Okafor is a reasonable trade. This would save them $40 million over 4 years.... does that sound dumb to you?

And from a basketball standpoint, Curry is expected to play this season and is at his lowing playing weight since joining the Knicks... also a contract year.

Wade_County

i agree, still dont know why they dealt for him to start with.

Mplsman
06-25-2010, 03:51 PM
Not terribly surprised. I never thought him and cp3 could really coexist.

bkmikeyy
06-25-2010, 06:25 PM
We or you? Don't call it a dumb trade because Curry has been useless for a few years.

The Hornets are always cost-conscious and it was rumored that the Magic and Hornets were looking for a 3rd team to take Okafor for CHRIS PAUL. If that's true, Collison and Okafor is a reasonable trade. This would save them $40 million over 4 years.... does that sound dumb to you?

And from a basketball standpoint, Curry is expected to play this season and is at his lowing playing weight since joining the Knicks... also a contract year.

I can understand how from a fan perspective it seems like a dumb trade because as a player both Collison and Okafor are arguably worth more than Chandler...unfortunately there is also a business aspect to the NBA that actually makes this a fair trade.

Patrick Swayze
06-25-2010, 07:05 PM
And because they will still have a big contract of a worthless player that they will immediately want to trade

Stunner
06-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Bynum for DC and Okafor

losbreezy
06-25-2010, 07:31 PM
We would adore him in Sacramento,

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=36xbv7z

nolafan33
06-25-2010, 07:32 PM
Collison + Peja (15m expiring) for Granger

: )

AI4MVP
06-25-2010, 07:39 PM
Bynum for DC and Okafor

i think this would work good for both teams

Lakersho
06-25-2010, 07:50 PM
i think this would work good for both teams

..if it was my call as gm" not a chance " never...

koreancabbage
06-25-2010, 08:20 PM
TO will take Collison.

heck we'll even take Okafor if that was also part of the deal to shed the horrible contract he has. we'll give you Calderon, who has a more manageable contract. (and our two expirings in Banks and Evans)

=)

spreadeagle
06-25-2010, 08:56 PM
How bout Turk Weems and Banks for Collison and Okafor..Toronto gets a legit C and can move Bargnani to the PF and have Ed Davis come of the bench for a nice 3 man rotation,and Collison wiould be great if they can trade Jose or Jack... New orleans get Turk a solid Vet to help them win now.Weems a cheap athletic up an coming player and Banks who is an expiring contract next year and could back up Paul occasionally.Also they get rid of Okafor and his huge contract to Toronro who actually wouldnt mind over paying for a legit centre since they havent had one in like a decade.Thoughts?

PrettyBoyJ
06-25-2010, 09:03 PM
They have 2 pg that cud be starters.. If they wanna be contenders I say keep CP if not let him go and get younger players and build around DC and Marcus Thorton

goose15
06-25-2010, 10:02 PM
Collison would look great in a Knicks uniform

_Supreme_
06-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Collison deserves to be a starter, so I hope he ends up being one somewhere.

Giaps
06-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Collison would look great in a Knicks uniform
With the way he plays, the Garden would be ROCKING.

NBAfan4life
06-25-2010, 10:59 PM

I would love that. Get rid of Bynum pick up a nice PG and have an average center. I think Okafor could flourish being a 3rd or 4th option

The Jokemaker
06-25-2010, 11:21 PM
Interesting considering his potential and how well he played when he stepped in. What teams would try and make a move for him? Teams that could use a point guard I can think of off the top of my head are the Heat, Raptors, Sac (if Evans plays SG), and Knicks.

BkOriginalOne
06-25-2010, 11:36 PM
Chris Paul> Darren Collison
Now. Tomorrow and in the forever.

NBAfan4life
06-26-2010, 12:07 AM
Also if they are trading one of the point guards most likely it is Paul bc they are trying to save money. Trading a second year player does not save a ton of money

hotpotato1092
06-26-2010, 01:50 AM
I'm sorry but how does Okafor-Collison for Curry-Chandler-Douglas-future pick(s)/cash not make sense? The Hornets shed the Okafor contract and pick up two good young guys as well another asset or two, the Knicks get Okafor and Collison to pair with Gallo for their pitch to LeBron. I mean a starting 5 of Collison-LeBron-Gallo-Bosh-Okafor is definitely title worthy. I just don't get the NBA some times, this deal makes sense unlike 90% of the ones that actually go down.

mrblisterdundee
06-26-2010, 01:56 AM
If I were running Portland trades (now that ******* Allen fired Pritchard), I would trade Jerryd Bayless and Martell Webster for Darren Collinson, if not one more minor player.

Giaps
06-26-2010, 02:53 AM
I'm sorry but how does Okafor-Collison for Curry-Chandler-Douglas-future pick(s)/cash not make sense? The Hornets shed the Okafor contract and pick up two good young guys as well another asset or two, the Knicks get Okafor and Collison to pair with Gallo for their pitch to LeBron. I mean a starting 5 of Collison-LeBron-Gallo-Bosh-Okafor is definitely title worthy. I just don't get the NBA some times, this deal makes sense unlike 90% of the ones that actually go down.
What? Douglas, future picks and cash? We're getting raped.

NYK_kidd77
06-26-2010, 02:56 AM

The whole point in trading Collison would be to move Okafor's contract so i doubt you would get that much for him.

The Raven
06-26-2010, 06:09 AM
They have 2 really good point guards but, it doesnt seem like they can keep both. Collison is a hell of a player but, i think he's the one who has to go. If he is the one to go, i hope they do in fact get proper value of the trade

rhaas74
06-26-2010, 01:42 PM
Cavs could offer up a proposal. Delonte West, Anthony Parker, Sebastian Telfair, and Leon Powe for Collison and Okafor. The salaries would match up, and all the players are expiring contracts.

If they are trying to dump CP3s salary too the Cavs could throw in Jamison, who has 2 years left on his deal.

Patrick Swayze
06-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Cavs could offer up a proposal. Delonte West, Anthony Parker, Sebastian Telfair, and Leon Powe for Collison and Okafor. The salaries would match up, and all the players are expiring contracts.

If they are trying to dump CP3s salary too the Cavs could throw in Jamison, who has 2 years left on his deal.

That looks good, but throw LeBron in the deal with a sign and trade :p

If we trade Collison, I want for a sure starter at SF in exchange for him. Also, keep Okafor and trade Posey instead.

hotpotato1092
06-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Darren Collison has all star potential, I'm sure you'd have to give up value to get him, not just take back Okafor which I'm sure is also a requirement.

Patrick Swayze
06-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Darren Collison has all star potential, I'm sure you'd have to give up value to get him, not just take back Okafor which I'm sure is also a requirement.

Yea, they deserve s starter in return for sure. You should go to the Hornets board and see some of the dumb trade ideas people came up with for him. It's pretty hilarious.

mudvayne387
06-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Collison and Oke for Chandler and Curry

Knicks get their starting PG and C. New Orleans gets rid of Okes contract, while adding a versatile SF who is an above average defender.

Patrick Swayze
06-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Collison and Oke for Chandler and Curry

Knicks get their starting PG and C. New Orleans gets rid of Okes contract, while adding a versatile SF who is an above average defender.

That's one of the examples I was talking about. LOL

SA5195
06-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Collison would fit great with Toronto.

Rex-Raptorz
06-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Exactly he's perfect for the Toronto system either him or or Holiday they can both make Bargs better

Patrick Swayze
06-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Collison would fit great with Toronto.

Sign and trade for Bosh????????? You guys can even have Posey. :p

That would be solid.

SA5195
06-26-2010, 04:38 PM
Sign and trade for Bosh????????? You guys can even have Posey. :p

That would be solid.

I'd rather have Okafor and Collison if Bosh is leaving. I don't know if he'll want to go to New Orleans though, cause he wants to see what Lebron's doing.

But if he wants to leave, I pray to god that he goes somewhere on the western conference. Don't want him here in the East, and face him 4 times a season.

Patrick Swayze
06-26-2010, 04:49 PM
I'd rather have Okafor and Collison if Bosh is leaving. I don't know if he'll want to go to New Orleans though, cause he wants to see what Lebron's doing.

But if he wants to leave, I pray to god that he goes somewhere on the western conference. Don't want him here in the East, and face him 4 times a season.

I don't think he would either, but you can have Okafor if we got Bosh. Gladly. I wish.

Showmeyourtds
06-26-2010, 05:01 PM
FOBolous I must ask...who is the girl in your sig? Its been killing me I cant figure it out