PDA

View Full Version : If all the speculations/rumors came true...which team do you like better?

FOBolous
06-25-2010, 05:46 AM
what if all the rumors/speculation come true...Chris Paul goes to Orlando for Vince Carter and both Lebron and Bosh decided to sign with either Miami or Chicago together, which team do you think will be better?

Chicago
PG - Derrick Rose
SG - Luol Deng
SF - Lebron James
PF - Chris Bosh
C - Joakim Noah

or

Miami
PG - Carlos Arroyo
SG - Dwayne Wade
SF - Lebron James
PF - Chris Bosh
C - Jermaine O'Niel

or

Orlando
PG - Chris Paul
SG - JJ Redick
SF - Matt Barnes
PF - Reshard Lewis
C - Dwight Howard

What?
06-25-2010, 05:50 AM
Pure Talent wise or are we suppose to take chemistry into account

Lindystud36
06-25-2010, 05:52 AM
Also, If Orlando makes the Chris Paul trade for Jameer and Vince, i can almost grantee that Gortot and picks/ other assets are traded for a power forward, Bosh/ Lee/ Boozer, to create a strong front court for that team. With Reshard moving to SF.

Tall teams are the way to win in the NBA, look at the Celtics and takers.

FOBolous
06-25-2010, 05:53 AM
Pure Talent wise or are we suppose to take chemistry into account

take everything into accounts...including chemistry and how you think their style of play will mesh together.

vancitysfinest
06-25-2010, 06:05 AM
Orlando would have a nasty 1-2 punch with Paul & Howard.

and if those two were to win multiple tittles in Orlando, I'd expect them to be in a conversation of top 5 to 10 Duo's of all time!

ChiSox219
06-25-2010, 06:07 AM
CP3 to the Magic is complete BS, so it's between Chicago and Miami.

What?
06-25-2010, 06:18 AM
Its very close am inclined to say Heat because they simply have the #1,3,somewhere between 5th and 10th best players in the league but the bulls would have a dominant front court in Bosh and Noah as well as Rose who will be able to get everyone involved then you have the most chemistry correct team in the magic simply because for the life of me i can not see how anyone will be able to stop CP3 and Dwight Howard in someways its a better stockton and malone.

But the best team I would say is the bulls simply because they would be very, very big and I don't see how you stop that size with 6 ft 9 Deng 6 ft 3 Rose 6 ft 8ish James 6 ft 11 Bosh 6 ft 11 Noah. I don't see how either of those teams could match up to that defensively especially that orlando magic team.

A knock against that Miami team is that Oneal would really slow the tempo of that team down kind of like how Shaq did this year for Cleveland with players like Wade bosh and Lebron they should be able to play a very up tempo game but Oneal wouldn't be able to do that effectively were as the Bulls would be able to with there slowest player being a fairly fast big man in Noah

What?
06-25-2010, 06:20 AM
Orlando would have a nasty 1-2 punch with Paul & Howard.

and if those two were to win multiple tittles in Orlando, I'd expect them to be in a conversation of top 5 to 10 Duo's of all time!

top 5 and 10 as far as big man guard duos with multiple championships I put it #1 just ahead of Stockton and Malone because they never won a champ

FOBolous
06-25-2010, 06:26 AM
Its very close am inclined to say Heat because they simply have the #1,3,somewhere between 5th and 10th best players in the league but the bulls would have a dominant front court in Bosh and Noah as well as Rose who will be able to get everyone involved then you have the most chemistry correct team in the magic simply because for the life of me i can not see how anyone will be able to stop CP3 and Dwight Howard in someways its a better stockton and malone.

But the best team I would say is the bulls simply because they would be very, very big and I don't see how you stop that size with 6 ft 9 Deng 6 ft 3 Rose 6 ft 8ish James 6 ft 11 Bosh 6 ft 11 Noah. I don't see how either of those teams could match up to that defensively especially that orlando magic team.

A knock against that Miami team is that Oneal would really slow the tempo of that team down kind of like how Shaq did this year for Cleveland with players like Wade bosh and Lebron they should be able to play a very up tempo game but Oneal wouldn't be able to do that effectively were as the Bulls would be able to with there slowest player being a fairly fast big man in Noah

yea each team will have their own special strengths

Miami would have 3 of NBA's top10 players on one team

Chicago will be big and well balanced

and Orlando makes the most sense chemistry wise

one thing is for sure...all three teams would be CRAZY. I can't imagine any teams in the NBA, as they are currently assembled, be able to challenge and of these 3 teams if any of these 3 teams become reality.

FOBolous
06-25-2010, 06:28 AM

yea each team will have their own special strengths

Miami would have 3 of NBA's top10 players on one team

Chicago will be big and well balanced

and Orlando makes the most sense chemistry wise

one thing is for sure...all three teams would be CRAZY. I can't imagine any teams in the NBA, as they are currently assembled, be able to challenge any of these 3 teams if any of these 3 teams become reality.

rcal10
06-25-2010, 06:39 AM
Keeping the Magic out of the conversation, the question of the Bulls versus the Heat boils down to Deng, Rose and Noah versus Wade, Arroyo and O'Neil. I would say for one year it is pretty even, but as time goes on(2 to 4 yrs from now) the Bulls definitely have the better (younger) nucleus. Back to the Magic, they would be very tough to beat if they were able to make that deal. The East finals would be Bulls and Magic for the next several years.

Raidaz4Life
06-25-2010, 07:43 AM
I think Orlando looks the best primarily because CP3 and Dwight would be ridiculous on the defensive end.

sNaKeS
06-25-2010, 09:51 AM
CP3 to the Magic is complete BS, so it's between Chicago and Miami.

Yet bosh and lebron joining the same team isn't? Especially after bosh said he wants to be "the man" for a team?

J4KOP99
06-25-2010, 09:56 AM
The thing I don't get about the Heat is this.(and maybe somebody could help me out)

Do they have enough money to sign 2 max contracts and then about 11-13 left over to sign someone else? Or can they sign 3 max deals?

If the first scenario is the case, they are not going to get Lebron and Bosh because Bosh is clearly going to get a max deal...nothing less.

effen5
06-25-2010, 10:04 AM
The thing I don't get about the Heat is this.(and maybe somebody could help me out)

Do they have enough money to sign 2 max contracts and then about 11-13 left over to sign someone else? Or can they sign 3 max deals?

If the first scenario is the case, they are not going to get Lebron and Bosh because Bosh is clearly going to get a max deal...nothing less.

As of right now they can only sign 2 max deals because they are keeping Beasley but I am also confused

Does that mean its Wade+1 or is it Wade+2? Its Wade+1 since hes gettin one max deal and the +1 is getting the second?

AllTimeBest
06-25-2010, 10:06 AM
I haven't heard one thing about Paul to the Magic :shrug:

J4KOP99
06-25-2010, 10:15 AM
As of right now they can only sign 2 max deals because they are keeping Beasley but I am also confused

Does that mean its Wade+1 or is it Wade+2? Its Wade+1 since hes gettin one max deal and the +1 is getting the second?

Yeah haha, all this free agency stuff is quite confusing...

But I think it's Wade +1 max contract. Wade still needs to re-sign, I know that.

Slimsim
06-25-2010, 10:39 AM
they still won't beat the lakers.

todu82
06-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Chicago.

NYtilIdie
06-25-2010, 10:52 AM

Its Wade+1 since Wade is considered a Max. If they move Beas then they'll be able to sign 3 max which would be Wade+2.

On the question Magic easily.

effen5
06-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Its Wade+1 since Wade is considered a Max. If they move Beas then they'll be able to sign 3 max which would be Wade+2.

On the question Magic easily.

Thanks!