PDA

View Full Version : Best Players still available from the 2010 Draft

Lindystud36
06-25-2010, 05:25 AM
Who are the best players still available who were not drafted in the 2010 NBA Draft?

B.JenningsMVP
06-25-2010, 05:27 AM
Jerome Randle, Sherron Collins

Lindystud36
06-25-2010, 05:30 AM
Local players waited, but never got the call

By Mario Aguirre

Inquirer Staff Writer

In the NBA draft's two rounds Thursday night, no area players were selected through the 60 picks.

Among local players who were projected to be taken late in the draft were Villanova guard Scottie Reynolds and Duke University center Brian Zoubek (Haddonfield Memorial High grad) but neither got a call.

Undrafted players still have a chance to land on an NBA roster as free agents in summer leagues, such as ones held in Las Vegas and Orlando, Fla.

Reynolds finished his collegiate career as the school's second all-time leading scorer. A 6-foot-2 dual guard, Reynolds was a consensus first-team all-America in 2009-10 and a first-team all-Big East selection. He averaged 18.2 points his senior year.

Slowed by injuries and limited playing time, Zoubek emerged as a critical role player for Duke during its national championship title run. He was hampered by foot problems his sophomore and juniors years, but went through a resurgence midway through his senior season when he became a starter.

The 7-1 center averaged 5.6 points and 7.7 rebounds in almost 19 minutes his final year.

Temple University guard Ryan Brooks (Lower Merion High), Rider University's Ryan Thompson (Lenape High) and Villanova's Reggie Redding (St. Joseph's Prep) also remained undrafted.

Brooks, a 6-4 senior, averaged 14.3 points his final year, and was named to the second team all-Atlantic Ten Conference.

Thompson, a 6-6 guard, led Rider in scoring and assists the last two seasons. He averaged 17.2 points, five rebounds and 2.8 assists his senior season.

Redding, who became a second-team all-Philadelphia Big Five selection, averaged 7.3 points and 4.7 rebounds in 23 games his senior season.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20100625_Local_players_waited__but_never_got_the_c all.html#ixzz0rr6aVVvK
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

Zoubek will be a pretty good nba center in my opinion, who takes a chance on him?

rhaas74
06-25-2010, 06:48 AM
Zoubek will be a pretty good nba center in my opinion, who takes a chance on him?

I would love for the Cavs to take a shot on him. Right now we have Andy and......no one else. Z and Shaq are FA, and Z is not worth having at this point. Shaq can still contribute around 20 min a game. So, I feel Zoubeck would fill a need and we need more of a defensive C in my mind anyway.

And if they could at least sign him it wouldn't make me feel like the draft was a complete fail for them after saying they are looking at trading in and then end up with no picks.

Lindystud36
06-25-2010, 06:56 AM
^ there are many teams i would like to see a fundamental big man go to
I think this kid is going to be a talent in the league, not allstar but very serviceable

Cavs_Fan24
06-25-2010, 07:19 AM
jon scheyer is still available. As is sherron Collins and brian zoubek. Those are the 3 guys I can see ending up on some team next season.

TheKing23
06-25-2010, 08:04 AM
Sherron Collins (if he can get in shape), Scottie Reynolds, Brian Zoubek.

S-Dot
06-25-2010, 08:29 AM
Sherron Collins (from Kansas), Manny Harris (from Mich), and Matt Holdin (from Gonzaga)

R_O_W_E
06-25-2010, 08:57 AM
Sherron Collins, Jon Scheyer, Manny Harris, Charles Garcia, & Tyren "Time" Johnson.

Zoubek is a big stiff who has underachieved his entire career. He didn't deserve to get drafted, and he still doesn't. He might get a few NBA call-ups but hes a NBDL guy at best.

Madness23
06-25-2010, 08:59 AM
mikhail torrance anyone !! he was in the second half of every mock draft i saw during the last 10 days. what the hell happened ?

R_O_W_E
06-25-2010, 09:02 AM
mikhail torrance anyone !! he was in the second half of every mock draft i saw during the last 10 days. what the hell happened ?

I dont know. He had to have had some bad workouts, its hard to see a guy who everybody thought was going in Round 2 to completely go undrafted.

tdunk21
06-25-2010, 09:11 AM
center Art Parakhouski

tdunk21
06-25-2010, 09:15 AM
Ben Uzoh, Charles Garcia, Alexey shved, Mikhail torrance

AllTimeBest
06-25-2010, 10:07 AM
Very surprised Scottie Reynolds didn't get drafted by someone. Can't stand Zoubek but I'm sure someone will give him a call also.

DaoudS
06-25-2010, 10:10 AM
Omar Sahman.

jresty1
06-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Why wasnt this guy taken?

DaBUU
06-25-2010, 12:31 PM
not sure about this guy, but there is a reason why guys usually go undrafted. They're just not that good.

ShockerArt
06-25-2010, 12:39 PM
He's not that good. He's an extremely streaky shooter. Maybe he'll make a roster or get a 10-day at some point when someone has an injury.

dbow1920
06-25-2010, 12:40 PM
Easy, hes not that good...He is just an OK shooter, and doesnt really play defense all that well...At the very best he could become an average 9th or 10th guy

He'll most likely end up in Europe after getting cut by an NBA team in the Summer League

Lakersho
06-25-2010, 12:41 PM
dont know him ,got a vid. ?

R_O_W_E
06-25-2010, 12:41 PM
Easy, hes not that good...He is just an OK shooter, and doesnt really play defense all that well...At the very best he could become an average 9th or 10th guy

He'll most likely end up in Europe after getting cut by an NBA team in the Summer League

This.

Scottie is cut out for Europe, specifically Greece where he can light some teams up when he gets hot. I dont think he can stick in the NBA unless he evolves into a good spot shooter and defender.

Oldmantrash
06-25-2010, 12:46 PM
He's under 6 feet,and doesn't have point guard skills.
He's a scorer,but not a great shooter.
Not a great athlete,like a Nate Robinson.
Not an NBA player unfortunately.

MacFitz92
06-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Scottie Reynolds is the first First Team AP All-American not to be be drafted.

netsgiantsyanks
06-25-2010, 12:51 PM
wasnt reynolds considered to be a top 20 pick at one point this season??

Kakaroach
06-25-2010, 12:54 PM
My best UDFAs would be Sherron Collins and Jon Scheyer.

Corey
06-25-2010, 12:58 PM
My best UDFAs would be Sherron Collins and Jon Scheyer.

Agree.

Both are the types of players that could legitimately contribute on an NBA bench at some point.

Also, I don't know how Rautins gets drafted, but Scheyer doesn't. :shrug:

R_O_W_E
06-25-2010, 12:58 PM
wasnt reynolds considered to be a top 20 pick at one point this season??

That was 4 years ago. He wasn't even projected to get drafted during the season.

Had he come out as a Freshman when he still had "upside" he would've gone in Round 1.

R_O_W_E
06-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Agree.

Both are the types of players that could legitimately contribute on an NBA bench at some point.

Also, I don't know how Rautins gets drafted, but Scheyer doesn't. :shrug:

Rautins is the better spot shooter. Scheyer is a pumpfake shooter.

Sixerlover
06-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Zoubek will be the 2nd big off the bench somewhere next year

Gideon
06-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Art Parakhouski, Mikhail Torrance, Charles Garcia, Miroslav Raduljica, Alexy Schved, Jon Scheyer, Matt Boldin, Ben Uzoh, Manny Harris, Sylven Landesberg

LTBaByyy
06-25-2010, 01:24 PM
The dude helped make villanova a powerhouse in basketball the last few years

Am I missing something?

TheShock45
06-25-2010, 01:41 PM
to whoever said why wasnt Scottie Reynolds drafted. theyve been talking about it all year. its one of the few times in history where a top 3 college player would not be drafted. He just has too many holes in his game, the biggest is he can only go to one side.

TheShock45
06-25-2010, 01:43 PM

Am I missing something?

Villanova was highly overrated the past two years after years of being underrated. Scottie can only go to one side, does not to great under pressure and soemtimes doesnt make the right decision or the decision fast enough.

Kakaroach
06-25-2010, 01:44 PM
I forgot about Mikhail Torrance, he could end up being a Wesley Matthews-like steal for someone.

DerekRE_3
06-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Jerome Randle is gonna prove a lot of people wrong.

asandhu23
06-25-2010, 01:52 PM
Jerome Randle. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Kyle916
06-25-2010, 01:55 PM

Am I missing something?

Yes you are missing something.

Reynolds does not project well for the NBA game at all...

LTBaByyy
06-25-2010, 02:12 PM
WHAT ABOUT TOMMY MASON-GRIFFIN!!!!!

He was a McDonalds all american, Put up good stats while Willie Warren flopped like pancakes, and he left after his freshman year and didnt get drafted but willie did?

Jay Bilas was exploiting so many flaws on willie warren, and im sure Blake Griffin had something to do with him gettin drafted by the clippers in the 50's

asandhu23
06-25-2010, 02:13 PM
Jerome Randle didn't get picked because of height. this is BS.

blake20696
06-25-2010, 03:41 PM
Surprised no one said Wyane Chisim who wasnt drafted but the nets picked him up this morning

Stunner
06-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Jerome Randle
Sherron Collins
Charles Garcia
Slyven Landesberg
Matt Bouldin
Andrew Ogilvy
Tyler Smith
John Scheyer
Deon Thompson
Omar Samhan
Wayne Chism
Jerome Dyson
Scottie Reynolds
Jeremy Lin
Tommy Mason-Griffin
Raymar Morgan
Ishmael Smith
J.P Prince
Tasmin Mitchell

LTBaByyy
06-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Deon Thompson, Tommy Mason-Griffin and Omar Samhan will be on an NBA roster opening day trust me!! Once free agency signing begins, these 3 will land with one of the teams gettin big names so they can fill out the roster with good players for a VERY cheap price

Red Hot Rolllin
06-25-2010, 03:59 PM
Jerome Randle, Mikhail Torrance and Alexey Shved

Silent
06-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Jerome Randle
Sherron Collins
Charles Garcia
Slyven Landesberg
Matt Bouldin Bulls
Andrew Ogilvy
Tyler Smith
John Scheyer Heat
Deon Thompson
Omar Samhan
Wayne Chism Nets
Jerome Dyson
Scottie Reynolds
Jeremy Lin
Tommy Mason-Griffin
Raymar Morgan
Ishmael Smith
J.P Prince
Tasmin Mitchell
Samardo Samuels Bulls

DfanAlways
06-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Mikhail Torrance had a heart issue that scared off everyone.

koLohe2133
06-25-2010, 04:30 PM
deon thompson!

ManningToTyree
06-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Jerome Randle
Sherron Collins
Charles Garcia
Slyven Landesberg
Matt Bouldin
Andrew Ogilvy
Tyler Smith
John Scheyer
Deon Thompson
Omar Samhan
Wayne Chism
Jerome Dyson
Scottie Reynolds
Jeremy Lin
Tommy Mason-Griffin
Raymar Morgan
Ishmael Smith
J.P Prince
Tasmin Mitchell

Guys who can have good NBA careers. Love Samhan. Why wasn't he drafted?

R_O_W_E
06-25-2010, 09:38 PM
WHAT ABOUT TOMMY MASON-GRIFFIN!!!!!

He was a McDonalds all american, Put up good stats while Willie Warren flopped like pancakes, and he left after his freshman year and didnt get drafted but willie did?

Jay Bilas was exploiting so many flaws on willie warren, and im sure Blake Griffin had something to do with him gettin drafted by the clippers in the 50's

Tommy Mason Griffin went undrafted because he wasn't ready for the NBA. Being a McDonalds All American doesn't always have to do with being NBA ready. TMG was projected to be a 3-4 year college player but still has a whole lot to improve on. I hopped on the Oklahoma bandwagon this season thinking they really reloaded and Willie Warren would be great for them.

TMG got gassed up over some big games he had during the season and truly believed he was now on the Draft radar. NBA scouts weren't paying attention to OU as their team fell apart during the season. TMG has to take the NBDL route to the NBA, but I gotta think he expected it.

His handle is right behind Wall at the PG position though.

iFYouSeekAmy
06-25-2010, 09:40 PM
Scottie Reynolds, Jerome Randle, Omar Samhan.

Warriors could've gotten Samhan or maybe Randle if they hadn't traded their 2nd round.

rufo4100
06-26-2010, 09:35 AM
Egleseder(sp?) from Northern Iowa

cbreezy34
06-27-2010, 03:56 PM
How does a guy like Ryan Reid get drafted and Zoubek doesn't? What are these GM's looking at... Zoubek dominated him everytime they played FSU. He is a legit 7 footer whose career did a complete 360 when he made his first start of the year against Maryland where he had 16 pts 16 rebs.... since then he has been a complete different person/player and absolutely dominated the offensive glass. If his transformation doesn't take place Duke most likely fizzles out in the second or third round. It's a funny thing had he done this his freshmen or sophmore year he would have been taken in the first round due to his "upside"... well the fact of the matter is Zoubek was injured his entire first three years.. and was finally healthy and made the most of it. He has terrific hands... positions himself well for rebounds... developed a hook shot.

Scottie Reynolds on the other hand is in the exact opposite situation as Zoubek. He is a player who peaked early in his career who has given the GM's more time to poke holes at his game. The fact of the matter is he is an undersized guard who has little to no athleticism.... shoots to often...... a very streaky shooter and is undersized for the 2 guard spot and is definitely not a pg.

HouRealCoach
06-27-2010, 04:08 PM
Aubrey Coleman, Art Parakowski, Jon Scheyer, Sherry Collins...

J_M_B
06-27-2010, 04:15 PM
Jom Scheyer and Brain Zoubek

Duke fans: Jon Scheyer will give it a shot with Miami Heat and Brian Zoubek leaning towards playing for NJ Nets in summer league.

http://twitter.com/goodmanonfox

chonbon
06-27-2010, 04:22 PM
matt bouldin will be a servicable player in the nba

Packs4life94
06-27-2010, 04:39 PM
tasmin mitchell was good at lsu but not a whole lot of people know him

bosoxlover12
06-27-2010, 04:54 PM
Jerome Dyson. If he was on the 2008-09 Uconn team that went to the Final 4, at full health, he would have been the top player on the court for UCONN, and would have been a lottery pick with Thabeet.

Its a similar situation to LSU stars. Glen Davis was going to be a lottery pick, along with teammate Tyrus Thomas. Thomas went to the draft, Davis stayed back. Glen got injured, ended up being a 2nd rounder to Seattle (shipped to Boston).

BIG BABY!!

arkanian215
06-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Zoubeck, Chism, Tweety Carter, Ben Uzoh will be on the Nets summer league roster along with Twill and Favors. Should be a fun Orlando Summer League.