PDA

View Full Version : Future picks: What became the REAL trade?

DenButsu
06-24-2010, 09:39 PM
So of course future picks get traded all the time. And of course those picks eventually become players. So looking over the long term, from the time when future picks were traded, to the time they were used to draft players, what are some of the more interesting results that have happened?

For example, in today's draft, Minnesota picked Babbit (using a future pick they acquired by trading Ty Lawson to the Nuggets), and then traded him for Martell Webster.

So the REAL trade, basically, ended up being Lawson for Webster.

Got more?

DerekRE_3
06-24-2010, 09:48 PM
Ron Artest for Bobby Jackson, Donte Greene, and a 2009 1st round pick.

Became: Ron Artest for Donte Greene and Omri Casspi.

Ron Artest left the Rockets after one season. The Kings got an expiring contract and two young SF prospects in Omri Casspi and Donte Greene. Kings win.

king4day
06-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Good thread idea.
Without going deep into the Joe Johnson deal since I forgot most of it:

In 2k5, along with Diaw, "The Suns will receive Atlanta's own first round pick no later than the 2008 NBA Draft."
That ended up being Robin Lopez.

IAmKira
06-24-2010, 10:09 PM
That Eddy Curry trade where NY gave up a future lottery pick to the Bulls which ended up to be the #2 Overall.

IAmKira
06-24-2010, 10:12 PM
So of course future picks get traded all the time. And of course those picks eventually become players. So looking over the long term, from the time when future picks were traded, to the time they were used to draft players, what are some of the more interesting results that have happened?

For example, in today's draft, Minnesota picked Babbit (using a future pick they acquired by trading Ty Lawson to the Nuggets), and then traded him for Martell Webster.

So the REAL trade, basically, ended up being Lawson for Webster.

Got more?

Apparently i just read Ryan Gomes is also involve in the Babbit trade so techanically they got Webster for Lawson and Gomes.

vancitysfinest
06-25-2010, 05:53 AM
in 2004, The Lakers traded Shaq to the Heat for Lamar, C. Butler, Brian Grant & a 2006 first round pick.
(that pick later on became Jordan Farmer 26th pick)

so the real trade ended up being

Shaq to the Heat for Lamar, Butler, Grant & Farmer:eyebrow:

COBY KARL
06-25-2010, 06:29 AM
the 2008 Pau Gasol trade

Lakers got: Pau Gasol, Devin Ebanks
Memphis got: Kwame Brown, Aaron Mckie, Javaris Crittenton, Marc Gasol, Donte Greene(traded to the rockets), and Grevis Vasquez

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-25-2010, 06:38 AM
the 2008 Pau Gasol trade

Lakers got: Pau Gasol, Devin Ebanks
Memphis got: Kwame Brown, Aaron Mckie, Javaris Crittenton, Marc Gasol, Donte Greene(traded to the rockets), and Grevis Vasquez

beat me to it!

Gasol deal just got finalized lol

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-25-2010, 03:25 PM
The Seattle Supersonics trade Ray Allen and the No. 35 pick to the Boston Celtics for Delonte West, Wally Szczerbiak and the No. 5 pick

No. 35 =Big Baby
No. 5 =Jeff Green

The Phoenix Suns trade the No. 21 pick, Brian Grant and cash to the Boston Celtics for a future first round pick.

No. 21 =Rajon Rondo :facepalm:
1st round pick =Rudy Fernandez

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-25-2010, 03:27 PM
Actually that Rondo's pick was first hold by the Lakers lol

Patrick Swayze
06-25-2010, 03:28 PM
I can't find it, but I saw there was a trade that became final yesterday that involved Tom Gugliotta... haha

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-25-2010, 03:52 PM
I can't find it, but I saw there was a trade that became final yesterday that involved Tom Gugliotta... haha

On February 12, 2004, Utah acquired Tom Gugliotta, New York's 2004 and 2010 first-round picks, a 2005 second-round pick and cash considerations from Phoenix in exchange for Keon Clark and Ben Handlogten. Previously, Phoenix acquired Antonio McDyess, Howard Eisley, Charlie Ward, Maciej Lampe, the draft rights to Miloš Vujanić, two first-round picks and cash considerations on January 5, 2004 from New York in exchange for Stephon Marbury, Penny Hardaway and Cezary Trybański.

DenButsu
06-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Actually that Rondo's pick was first hold by the Lakers lol

Do you remember what they got in return for it?