PDA

View Full Version : Miami is setting up for something huge (old thread, bumped)

Philly 4 Life
06-24-2010, 04:31 PM
I just read that miami is trying to reach an agreement to buyout james jones, which would give them enough money to sign lebron and wade, and still have 10-11 mill to spend on other free agents. However there is more, they are also still shopping beasly, and if they ship him out they will have 47 mill to spend which means that wade, bron, and bosh will only have to take slight paycuts to join forces in miami.

Chronz
06-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Bron and Wade will not be joining forces but they can build a great supporting cast for Wade now.

tdunk21
06-24-2010, 04:35 PM
didnt wade say once that he wont play with lebron?

mia305king
06-24-2010, 04:35 PM
Everyone's going all in, dumping players in order to get more cap. Love it !

Hoopsadvocate
06-24-2010, 04:37 PM
1.5 (jj cap)+5.5(beasley)+1 (chalmers) = 8 mill in commited contracts.

56(projected cap) - 8 mill = 48 mil

thats 48 mill to spend if we renounce our bird rights to all our players (we most likely will except wades 15 something cap)

so 8+15= 33 mill to sign players

that equals 2 max players to go alongside wade/beasley/chalmers

Hoopsadvocate
06-24-2010, 04:38 PM
didnt wade say once that he wont play with lebron?

No he said the opposite. He said he would love to play with lebron and could see it happening.

_KB24_
06-24-2010, 04:39 PM
This is going to be a bigger catastrophe than 2012 the way all the teams are going all in. I've never seen teams this dramatic and power-hungry. I'm just going to feel sorry for the majority of the teams that are going to get ****ed, because I only see 2 teams benefiting at the most from this years FA.

JordansBulls
06-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Bron and Wade will not be joining forces but they can build a great supporting cast for Wade now.

This.

jrodmesche
not gonna lie this is getting really exiting

LTBaByyy
That would be funny if they trade beasley then boozer goes to NJ, bosh goes to chicago, david lee goes to thunder, and amare goes to NY haha

would they have to settle on signing Haslem back? lol

mia305king
06-24-2010, 04:41 PM
This is going to be a bigger catastrophe than 2012 the way all the teams are going all in. I've never seen teams this dramatic and power-hungry. I'm just going to feel sorry for the majority of the teams that are going to get ****ed, because I only see 2 teams benefiting at the most from this years FA.

You talk as if the Heat just released a good player or something.

Raidaz4Life
06-24-2010, 04:41 PM
It will definitely be interesting to see where all the chips land at the end of the day.

AI4MVP
06-24-2010, 04:44 PM
dam. i wud just laugh my *** of if everyone just resigns with there original team.

BlueJayFanDan
06-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Lebron wont be in Miami. Stoudemire will be alongside Wade next season. Everyone else is still up for grabs.

The Jokemaker
06-24-2010, 04:46 PM
I think everyone is setting up for something huge HENCE all the salary dumps.

nikeking711
06-24-2010, 04:46 PM
The problem is the Heat are having a hard time finding a trading partner for Michael Beasley.

iggypop123
06-24-2010, 04:49 PM
The problem is the Heat are having a hard time finding a trading partner for Michael Beasley.

its not to trade its to dump. if its a equal salary swap miami cant take that. they need to find a team with cap room and dump him for a second rounder. with his issues and high salary no team wants to sacrafice that cap room to take him. i see miami almost offering a conditional 1st rounder for somebody to take him

justinnum1
This.

Can you also tell me this week's winning powerball numbers? :facepalm:

tdunk21
now it will be real funny IF some of these big FA's decide to sign with their teams.....

i heard phx is going to offer amare a max contract.....dont know if its true....

Hoopsadvocate
06-24-2010, 04:50 PM

They dont need to though see my first post in page 1.

PrettyBoyJ
06-24-2010, 04:51 PM
Wade and Bron will never play with eachother besides USA or ALLSTAR games.. NO WAY it ever Happens.. this move is meant for Wade, Bosh/Amare, Johnson/Gay... that would very ideal

Chronz
06-24-2010, 04:53 PM
Can you also tell me this week's winning powerball numbers? :facepalm:

Why would you want to see them together? Dont you remember Kobe and Shaq? Was the league really all that fun back then?

Sadds The Gr8
06-24-2010, 04:57 PM

this.

thephoenixson28
06-24-2010, 04:57 PM
now it will be real funny IF some of these big FA's decide to sign with their teams.....

i heard phx is going to offer amare a max contract.....dont know if its true.... They will offer him the max but only for 3 to 4 years. But he wants the full 6 years.

Lloyd Christmas
06-24-2010, 05:02 PM

No, you're scared that someone will have a better roster then the Lakers.

n83417
06-24-2010, 05:05 PM
You talk as if the Heat just released a good player or something.

No, but they have 2 players under contract. What happens if no one comes knocking at the door in Miami? Then they lose probably lose Wade too. A Chamlers/Beasley era in Miami, sounds exciting.

n83417
06-24-2010, 05:07 PM

Teams that use all their space to sign max players will have no room for decent depth. Building a contender does not happen overnight via free agency. It happens with good drafting, trades, and some free agency sprinkled in. But when you allow your entire team to leave and HOPE that 1,2, or 3 big name players sign with your team... That rarely works out.

s3antana5757
06-24-2010, 05:16 PM
There's only 3 or 4 major guys(LeBron, Wade, JJ, Bosh, maybe Dirk), 2 or 3 who will get max contracts because teams have money(Boozer, Stoudemire), and the Rudy Gay/David Lee's of the world who will get almost max. There's about 6 teams? with cap space(NY, NJ, Miami, Chicago, LAC, Minnesota?,) Someone is going to get totally screwed by these shenigans.

showtym24
06-24-2010, 05:16 PM
I hope so. I'd love lakers heat finals next year. Wade vs Kobe.

Sox72
06-24-2010, 05:20 PM

Hahahahahahahaha. So true.

_KB24_
06-24-2010, 05:21 PM

Thats the last of my worries, trust me.

Sox72
06-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Teams that use all their space to sign max players will have no room for decent depth. Building a contender does not happen overnight via free agency. It happens with good drafting, trades, and some free agency sprinkled in. But when you allow your entire team to leave and HOPE that 1,2, or 3 big name players sign with your team... That rarely works out.

I know it wasn't free agency, but a complete overhaul sure worked out well for the Celtics.

magichatnumber9
06-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Does your gut feeling come with a source.?

Kyben36
06-24-2010, 05:23 PM
I foresee something like Wade ( obvious ), A Big ( Bosh or Amare ), and then I think they will try to get somebody to play foward, eitehr JJ or Gay.

justinnum1
06-24-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm gonna laugh when Lebron returns to Cle and screws all the teams.

king4day
06-24-2010, 05:27 PM

i heard phx is going to offer amare a max contract.....dont know if its true....

While true, he's not expected to accept it.
I'd be shocked if he lands anywhere but Miami.

Pinrod33
06-24-2010, 05:30 PM
I know it wasn't free agency, but a complete overhaul sure worked out well for the Celtics.

Exactly, and also to the guy you're responding to; I don't know what you have to compare to, because the Celtics "Big-Three" is the only even similar situation to this. Have you ever heard of a team having only two freaking players under contract leading up to a free agency? Has there ever been a year where a certain draft class, that is chalk full of super star talent, have their contracts expire at the same time and multiple teams line up to throw max contract money in their face and then say, oh yea and as soon as you sign on that dotted line we can go and get that other super star to sign up as well???

I don't remember one situation that is anything like what is going on right now. They might very well all just resign, but there is way more than a good chance that at least a couple of these stars decide that they might have a better chance to win titles if they team up with another one of these stars.

Heater4life
06-24-2010, 05:31 PM
They dont need to though see my first post in page 1.

They do need to unload Beasley to sign another max free agent, your not subtracting the cap holds for empty roster spots. Which we have 9 of, each at league minimum.

dtmagnet
06-24-2010, 05:32 PM
dam. i wud just laugh my *** of if everyone just resigns with there original team.

I hope that happens just so I can laugh.

Punkindrublic03
06-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Does your gut feeling come with a source.?

I seen GP in your sig pic! Sonics sighting!

Klivlend
06-24-2010, 05:39 PM
I'm gonna laugh when Lebron returns to Cle and screws all the teams.

YES!!! Stay home LBJ. Bring a FA and a 'ship to Cleveland!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-24-2010, 05:40 PM
http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/16952930403

For everything the Heat's tried to simply give him away, there isn't one team yet willing to take Michael Beasley into cap space.

lmao

ROY 2 MVP Braun
06-24-2010, 05:43 PM

i thought amare said he'd be gone if they didnt reach a deal before free agency?

valade16
06-24-2010, 05:44 PM
It'd be interesting to find out the reason no other teams are trading for Beasley is so they can prevent the Heat from having the necessary cap space to sign 3 Max players.

The Raven
06-24-2010, 05:45 PM
I see alot of teams getting screwed out here with the amount of cap space they are trying to free up. If he does go to the heat, thats gonna be insane.

n83417
06-24-2010, 05:49 PM

Through 3 or 4 years of solid drafting, 2 major trades, and Free Agency for the Role Players. Using Free Agency to fill out your roster and get pieces, it often puts you in better position going forward. However, Spending all of your money on 2 or 3 guys, then filling out your roster with Vet Min. guys is asking for trouble.

Remember, being under the cap going into Free Agency, you have no MLE.

Also, the Celtics had core guys left over (Pierce with Perk and Rondo, who Ainge refused to include in any trades, as well as Tony Allen, and guys like Glen Davis from the Ray Allen Trade)

Big difference

elizur
06-24-2010, 05:49 PM
They do not get all of his contract off of the cap if they buy him out. They only get the difference off of it, I believe. Does that still equal the 10-11 milion extra?

ROY 2 MVP Braun
06-24-2010, 05:50 PM
It'd be interesting to find out the reason no other teams are trading for Beasley is so they can prevent the Heat from having the necessary cap space to sign 3 Max players.

i think if they trade him they will get little to no value in return maybe a late 2nd round i mean as much as team would wanna "**** block" them from getting 3 big time fa's someones gonna bite on beasley for a 2nd round pick i mean thats a good deal idk about teams passing that up

Chronz
06-24-2010, 05:50 PM
I hope that happens just so I can laugh.

you dont mean that

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-24-2010, 05:51 PM
I see alot of teams getting screwed out here with the amount of cap space they are trying to free up. If he does go to the heat, thats gonna be insane.

I know, theres so many teams with cap space who want JJ, amare, wade, lebron, boozer and bosh

there will be a lot of dissapointments lmao

elizur
06-24-2010, 05:52 PM

In what world is having cap space a bad thing?

sean17c
06-24-2010, 05:53 PM
i think miami is going to miss out huge.

lebron is not coming there.

and wade wont even sign. lmao

TheBomb255
06-24-2010, 05:54 PM
Theres rumors going around that Beasley is getting traded to the Wolves for a player with a 1 million dollar buy out.

No idea if it's true or not

The Final Boss
06-24-2010, 05:56 PM
This.

But, not this.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-24-2010, 06:02 PM

don't get too excited lol;)

NYKalltheway
06-24-2010, 06:03 PM
All I can say is that I'm happy that the old rivalries are returning.

Knicks, Heat, Bulls all should be Eastern contenders and it's pleasing that they are the teams on the East that will change the most (to the better)

Miami might miss out on the 'best' guys, but with Wade and potentially Boozer/Amare and Joe Johnson(or maybe Ray Allen) they can have a great roster.

We'll know in a few hours if anything drastic happens before/during the draft

Sox72
06-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Through 3 or 4 years of solid drafting, 2 major trades, and Free Agency for the Role Players. Using Free Agency to fill out your roster and get pieces, it often puts you in better position going forward. However, Spending all of your money on 2 or 3 guys, then filling out your roster with Vet Min. guys is asking for trouble.

Remember, being under the cap going into Free Agency, you have no MLE.

Also, the Celtics had core guys left over (Pierce with Perk and Rondo, who Ainge refused to include in any trades, as well as Tony Allen, and guys like Glen Davis from the Ray Allen Trade)

Big difference

Well, then I guess the Bulls are fine because they have been doing it through the Draft up to this point. If they get 2 or even 1 max then they should be fine according to your formula.

mikealike305
06-24-2010, 06:20 PM
miami is setting up for something HUGE and pat knows something he hasnt told us yet

ElMarroAfamado
06-24-2010, 06:32 PM
i think its funny people are doing all this for a guy who is not winning a title anytime soon no matter who you put next to him (lebron james)

they should surround d wade with other players not james..

mia305king
06-24-2010, 06:33 PM
i think its funny people are doing all this for a guy who is not winning a title anytime soon no matter who you put next to him (lebron james)

they should surround d wade with other players not james..

I don't think this has anything to do with Lebron. Jones would have gotten released either way. The guy's terrible.

CowboysKB24
06-24-2010, 06:45 PM
It'll be cool to watch, but I think that it would ruin the league. They would just dominate and win every year for a long time.

Amare and Wade should team up.
LBJ and Bosh should team up.

That would make the league more interesting and competitive. Next season would have so much excitement going. If LBJ, Bosh, and Wade were on the same, it wouldn't be that exciting of a season. They would just win. If they didn't win that would be pretty embarrassing. It is like LBJ going to the Lakers, it would be stupid.

elizur
06-24-2010, 06:48 PM
But, not this.

haha yea, Can we just stop this uncreative, non-imformative one line post. There is no reason to just post "this."

shizzle09
06-24-2010, 07:58 PM

we'll see who's lmao after free agency. Who's really going to sign with the bulls, Lebron...doubt it, Wade... he already clowned the bulls publicly, Bosh....nope because he's going to play with Wade or Lebron, Amare....no way. I dont think a single FA that will draw a max will sign with the Bulls unless they pay someone max money who isnt worth max money. we shall see in a week+

Wade_County
06-24-2010, 08:01 PM

Cause he didnt publicly already say he was gonna pretty much resign :facepalm::facepalm:

great post :laugh:

idrinkpepsi
06-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Hopefully it works out for Miami

n83417
06-24-2010, 08:18 PM
Well, then I guess the Bulls are fine because they have been doing it through the Draft up to this point. If they get 2 or even 1 max then they should be fine according to your formula.

That is my point exactly. They have solid, quality players (Rose, Noah, Gibson) making rookie scale contracts, they are one piece away. If they can sign any one of the big max guys, (LeBron, Wade, Bosh, JJ, Amare or Boozer, in that order) they will immediately be a contender. They will have money still to add role players.

But Miami will be in big trouble if they miss out on James or Wade.

bbblack40
06-24-2010, 08:18 PM
It'll be cool to watch, but I think that it would ruin the league. They would just dominate and win every year for a long time.

Amare and Wade should team up.
LBJ and Bosh should team up.

That would make the league more interesting and competitive. Next season would have so much excitement going. If LBJ, Bosh, and Wade were on the same, it wouldn't be that exciting of a season. They would just win. If they didn't win that would be pretty embarrassing. It is like LBJ going to the Lakers, it would be stupid.

funny no one has a problem with the lakers stacking up, or the celtics, or the magic, or even the cavs last season, but if the heat do it its bad for the league.

effen5
06-24-2010, 08:31 PM
That is my point exactly. They have solid, quality players (Rose, Noah, Gibson) making rookie scale contracts, they are one piece away. If they can sign any one of the big max guys, (LeBron, Wade, Bosh, JJ, Amare or Boozer, in that order) they will immediately be a contender. They will have money still to add role players.

But Miami will be in big trouble if they miss out on James or Wade.

Wade is definitely going to Miami. Im pretty sure Amare would go there too. Everyone else is totally up in the air.

dodie53
06-24-2010, 10:48 PM
wade + lbj + bosh in miami = east all stars

MiamiWadeCounty
07-24-2010, 10:13 PM
well at least theres a chance they could get all 3. oh wait they already did cuz this post is from a month ago...like reading about the speculation and the sorry saps saying oh it will never happen

Wade>You
07-24-2010, 10:15 PM
Heat fans ftw!

tbron
07-24-2010, 10:50 PM

EPIC FAIL

cows fan you better get use to it. LMFAO

Cromedome
07-24-2010, 10:55 PM

:facepalm:

IrespectNumber3
07-24-2010, 11:19 PM
Can you feel the Heat?

Heater4life
07-24-2010, 11:23 PM
LMAO!!!!!! these throwback threads are awesome.

you can go back and look at the little Haters in there infancy, and as the days passed, they grew. Ive seen you guys utter your first word "rose noah and gibson are beater than wade". Ive seen you throughyour tantrums "we missed out of the big three! f- the heat" I am so proud of you haters :cry:, you have come so far. Your all grown up into full blown ignorant haters now. "the heat wont win anything". ILY guys!!!! :cry:

I cant wait to look at these last months threads next june! :D

Gambeezy
07-24-2010, 11:24 PM
I'm sure there are plenty of old threads like this

shizzle09
07-25-2010, 01:07 AM
LMFAO, this was the best read of the day going back through this.

J_M_B
07-25-2010, 01:13 AM
Damn.. this made A LOT of people look like idiots, me included. I never allowed myself to think that LeBron was coming.

J$mo0th_3o5
07-25-2010, 01:29 AM
Damn.. this made A LOT of people look like idiots, me included. I never allowed myself to think that LeBron was coming.

Yes.We.Did;)

hgtiger32
07-25-2010, 01:29 AM
haha always good to look at past threads...I'm just glad that i don't have to see LeBron in a Bulls, Nets, Knicks, Clippers, etc. uniform in peoples sigs anymore..that was annoying

That Guy Mooque
07-25-2010, 01:31 AM
This thread (as of right now) is back in the top-10 forums on the home page. And as soon as I seen that, I assumed it was CP3 coming to MIA. Just threw up in my mouth a little bit...

SouthSideRookie
07-25-2010, 01:33 AM
You know whats gonna be funnier than this one is when we go back a few years from now and seeing the end result of this Miami "dynasty", only to have witnessed the biggest bust in maybe sports history after all the Miami fans declared multiple championships. Im gonna go as far as to say that we would not be seeing any Heat fans on here after that, can u imagine the Lakers, Magic, Bulls, nevermind, the whole NBA fans just blasting the Heat fans on here

shizzle09
07-25-2010, 01:36 AM
You know whats gonna be funnier than this one is when we go back a few years from now and seeing the end result of this Miami "dynasty", only to have witnessed the biggest bust in maybe sports history after all the Miami fans declared multiple championships. Im gonna go as far as to say that we would not be seeing any Heat fans on here after that, can u imagine the Lakers, Magic, Bulls, nevermind, the whole NBA fans just blasting the Heat fans on here

:facepalm:

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-25-2010, 01:38 AM
This thread (as of right now) is back in the top-10 forums on the home page. And as soon as I seen that, I assumed it was CP3 coming to MIA. Just threw up in my mouth a little bit...

Lol me too. I wasnt thinking CP3, but i thought we were gonna get someone else lol.

robdizzle3
07-25-2010, 01:56 AM

That would be pretty bad and other fans on here wont let some of these guys forget it. I notice a few good Heat fans on here, that actually know what they're talking about, but the guys that are bandwagon fans and arrogant fans, will be blasted. Time will tell.

mrs rose
07-25-2010, 11:27 AM
wow.. someone called it

G-Menfan4lyfe
07-25-2010, 11:58 AM
Man, reading through this thread was great. What was even better was the people saying a Wade, Bron, Bosh trio would ruin the league because they would just win and now the same people say they are overrated and won't win anything. :laugh2: