PDA

View Full Version : When can Greg Oden Officially be the next Sam bowie

nickdymez
06-24-2010, 03:07 PM
I know people are saying give it time, but i don't ever think Oden will recover 100% from the injuries. Meanwhile Kevin Durant is in OKC killing the league. Lead them to a 50 win season in his 3rd season, all star, scoring champion, etc. Just imagine how scary the trailblazers would be with Roy and Durant.

carter15
06-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Give him 2-3 more seasons.

*Silver&Black*
06-24-2010, 03:13 PM
Horford>Oden

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-24-2010, 03:13 PM
when durant wins 6 rings

SugeKnight
06-24-2010, 03:19 PM
When Kevin Durant is officially the next Jordan

thekmp211
06-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Horford>Oden

why?

MacFitz92
06-24-2010, 03:29 PM
When Durant becomes the best player in the game for a decade.

*Silver&Black*
06-24-2010, 03:29 PM
why?

why not?

Al Horford All-stars : 1
Oden All-Stars: 0

And if you said why as in why did I post that, they were from the same draft and have more in common than him and KD, being that both are big men. So..............

Reyes6
06-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Oden needs to step his game up to be Bowie.

Sly Guy
06-24-2010, 03:30 PM
when he changes his name to Sam bowie?

DaBUU
06-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Noah>Oden

*Silver&Black*
06-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Noah>Oden

Yes, now who is better,

Horford or Noah?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
why not?

Al Horford All-stars : 1
Oden All-Stars: 0

And if you said why as in why did I post that, they were from the same draft and have more in common than him and KD, being that both are big men. So..............

lol who cares about all-star appearances:facepalm:

The Jokemaker
Desagna Diop > Oden

*Silver&Black*
06-24-2010, 03:35 PM
lol who cares about all-star appearances:facepalm:

I'm sorry Mr. Laker. I'm sorry. Bynum > all.

But for real, Horford is better than Oden, college titles, all-stars, team is better, etc.

Hurricane H
06-24-2010, 03:36 PM
He will never be Sam Bowie. He won't get off the injury list so basically he won't have a career.

BradyIsTheMan12
06-24-2010, 03:43 PM

But for real, Horford is better than Oden, college titles, all-stars, team is better, etc.

Horford is having a better career than Oden is what you are saying, that stuff doesn't necessarily mean he is a better player. Oden is or will be better than Horford if he stays healthy though.

heathonater
06-24-2010, 03:46 PM
give him a couple more seasons before saying he is sam bowie. a little premature to be saying that considering he's only 22 years old right now.

*Silver&Black*
06-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Oden is or will be better than Horford if he stays healthy though.

IF is a big word. But for right now, I'll take Horford's 15/9 as a 4th or 5th option anyday. Now if/when JJ leaves, Horford should have a even bigger role in the offense. So we will see....

BradyIsTheMan12
06-24-2010, 03:48 PM
IF is a big word. But for right now, I'll take Horford's 15/9 as a 4th or 5th option anyday. Now if/when JJ leaves, Horford should have a even bigger role in the offense. So we will see....

Fair enough. All I am saying is it's stupid to compare Horford with Oden because one has been on the court, the other has not.

JordansBulls
06-24-2010, 03:49 PM
I know people are saying give it time, but i don't ever think Oden will recover 100% from the injuries. Meanwhile Kevin Durant is in OKC killing the league. Lead them to a 50 win season in his 3rd season, all star, scoring champion, etc. Just imagine how scary the trailblazers would be with Roy and Durant.

When Durant wins MVP

*Silver&Black*
06-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Fair enough. All I am saying is it's stupid to compare Horford with Oden because one has been on the court, the other has not.

Fair. It's just like making a thread about Oden being the next Bowie or KD (a SG) is better than a Center.:D

unwantedplayer
06-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Jesus christ people. The guy has been injured. When he isn't injured, he is on the court producing great numbers for the limited minutes he's given. When he is 100%, expect him to be a solid center.

nickdymez
06-24-2010, 04:15 PM
When Durant wins MVP

Third season, number 3 in the voting.. Alls im sayin.. And no one is allowed to win MVP while Lebron is playing... We all know he is the ONLY player allowed to win it

what54!?
06-24-2010, 04:19 PM
I think he already is. durant is rapidly becoming a superstar player in this leauge (if he isn't considered one already) Can't say the same will ever happen for oden

HouRealCoach
06-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Oden>>>>Bowie

Jordan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Durant

There's the answer

valade16
06-24-2010, 04:59 PM

Except Horford isn't better at Oden. He's better at not getting injured, but he's not even close to the same player Oden is.

For starters, Horfords 14.2 pts and 9.9 rbds come from 35 mpg, while Odens 11.1 pts and 8.5 rbds come from 24 mpg. So Horford can only get 3.1 pts and 1.4 rbds more than Oden in 11 minutes a night? That's trash.

Lets look at their Per 48 #'s shall we:

Oden: 22.2 pts, 17 rbds
Horford: 19.5 pts, 13.6 rbds

Horford is a turd compared to Oden, his production in the same minutes is laughably worse.

Not to mention Greg Oden shot 60% from the Field and Horford shot 55%

Or how about their PERs?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fhollinger%2fstatistics

Oden: 8th in league - 23.14
Horford: 31st in league - 19.43

I'd rather have Oden for 41 games than Horford for 82, cuz he's about half as good as Oden...

valade16
06-24-2010, 05:02 PM

I'd take that too, if it ever happened, but Horford has NEVER averaged 15 ppg. It was actually 14, so I don't know if you just didn't know or were trying to taint the stats, either way, look it up first!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Oden>>>>Bowie

Jordan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Durant

There's the answer

Bowie had at least one 15 and 10 season and a season when he averaged 17 ppg

oden's best season is 11 and 8 lmao

redzone11
06-24-2010, 05:08 PM
At worst.... eventually Oden=Darko. Thats if Oden continues to be injury prone or makes no progress.

Oden will never be Sam Bowie because Durant will never be close to Jordan.

rhino17
06-24-2010, 05:08 PM
Except Horford isn't better at Oden. He's better at not getting injured, but he's not even close to the same player Oden is.

For starters, Horfords 14.2 pts and 9.9 rbds come from 35 mpg, while Odens 11.1 pts and 8.5 rbds come from 24 mpg. So Horford can only get 3.1 pts and 1.4 rbds more than Oden in 11 minutes a night? That's trash.

Horford is a turd compared to Oden, his production in the same minutes is laughably worse.

Or how about their PERs?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fhollinger%2fstatistics

I'd rather have Oden for 41 games than Horford for 82, cuz he's about half as good as Oden...

Hollinger stats are meaningless, so throw PER out the window.

Also, more time does not equal more production, Oden can't stay on the court more than 24 minutes because he is completely inept offensively and can't do anything but foul on defense. Horford is way better than Oden at this point

and to answer the original question, he has not even reached Bowie's level yet

ldc62
06-24-2010, 05:09 PM
What are you people talking about.... Bowie was a good center when he was healthy. Bowie>Greg

magichatnumber9
06-24-2010, 05:24 PM
He has a better chance of becoming the next David Bowie

R_O_W_E
06-24-2010, 05:24 PM
What are you people talking about.... Bowie was a good center when he was healthy. Bowie>Greg

Bowie was never healthy, which makes it irrelevant.

Bowie barely finished any season healthy, and after he did it was already too late because the injuries took too much out of him.

Klivlend
06-24-2010, 05:30 PM
Dudes, chill out. He's only 22. Get off his arse. When he has been healthy he has been a solid contributor. If he suffers another major injury this year and the next, bring on the hate. Till then, give the young guy a chance to prove himself, he's got all the potential

R_O_W_E
06-24-2010, 05:35 PM
If it said otherwise would you be arguing against it?:eyebrow:

Also, more time does not equal more production, Oden can't stay on the court more than 24 minutes because he is completely inept offensively and can't do anything but foul on defense. Horford is way better than Oden at this point
Strongly disagree. Time = Production. Point blank. Oden's foul trouble can not be used as a statistical measure because fouls vary from game to game, there are some games in which hes not in foul trouble while there are others where he gets in foul trouble. If Oden consistently stayed in foul trouble his average would be much higher than it was in the minutes he played.

Horford is more skilled offensively than Oden right now. Horford has a variety of offensive moves and he has more range on his shot. However Oden is one of the best low post players in the entire NBA. He finished 4th in FG% and he primarily plays around the basket. Up until the last 2-3 seasons that was Dwight Howard's bread & butter, dunking around the basket and getting putbacks. However Dwight proved that down low due to his size, strength, and athleticism that if he gets less than 5 feet from the basket you should give up because its going in. Oden is in the same boat. The only thing stopping Oden right now in the NBA is his injuries, and trying to avoid getting injured when he plays. The more you play, the more confident you become in your body, and he needs to put together a stretch where he is playing and feeling like hes not going to hurt himself, again.

Horford isn't nearly as much of a threat on defense as Oden, so I'm not even going to expand further than that.

valade16
06-24-2010, 05:37 PM

and to answer the original question, he has not even reached Bowie's level yet

I know more time doesn't always equal more production, a perfect example is Horford. He plays 11 more minutes than Oden and gets hardly anymore production!

Completely inept offensively yet still able to score more per minute when he's on the floor at a higher percentage than Horford.:rolleyes:

Can't do anything but fould on defense? :confused: I know for a fact he can block shots, in fact, he does that WAY better than Horford, who can't even block as many shots in 11 more minutes!

Also explain how the Blazers somehow have vastly better defense (don't bring up Camby, they had way better Defense before him and before Andre Miller).

Sorry, in no way is Horford as good of a basketball player as Oden. Not even close.

R_O_W_E
06-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Dudes, chill out. He's only 22. Get off his arse. When he has been healthy he has been a solid contributor. If he suffers another major injury this year and the next, bring on the hate. Till then, give the young guy a chance to prove himself, he's got all the potential

Not even that. Right now, Oden can start for about 1/3 of the NBA. Its not like hes not good at this stage, the problem is he has to start to produce when it matters in order to keep the gap between Oden & Durant from growing even more.

I'd take Oden in Oakland.

netsgiantsyanks
06-24-2010, 05:39 PM
lol @ the trailblazers history seems to repeat they got clyde drexler in 83 and could of got jordan but they drafted need instead of talent and picked sam bowie they got brandon roy AND lamarcus aldridge in 06 and could of had durant in 07 but instead they drafted need instead of talent and picked greg oden

jordan turned out to be arguably the best basketball player to ever grace a nba court while sam bowie turned out to be a injury prone player and durant is becoming one of the best basketball players of this era while greg oden is a injury prone player that injuies himself every time he sneezes

sep11ie
06-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Umm, June 31st, 2010.

rhino17
06-24-2010, 05:42 PM
^^^^
Oden is not one of the best low post defenders, he is a great shotblocker, he is still a bad on-on-one defender, better than Dwight Howard, but that is not saying much

As for productions, you are wrong. Take Carl Landry for instance. First half of the season in Houston, he averaged 16ppg shooting 55% from the field in 27mpg. 2nd half of the season, he goes to Sacramento, his playing time increases to 38 mpg and is given a starting role on a worse team. Yet, he only averaged 18ppg and shot 52%

And Hollinger is a ******, none of his "Stats" mean anything

rhino17
06-24-2010, 05:44 PM
I know more time doesn't always equal more production, a perfect example is Horford. He plays 11 more minutes than Oden and gets hardly anymore production!

Completely inept offensively yet still able to score more per minute when he's on the floor at a higher percentage than Horford.:rolleyes:

Can't do anything but fould on defense? :confused: I know for a fact he can block shots, in fact, he does that WAY better than Horford, who can't even block as many shots in 11 more minutes!

Also explain how the Blazers somehow have vastly better defense (don't bring up Camby, they had way better Defense before him and before Andre Miller).

Sorry, in no way is Horford as good of a basketball player as Oden. Not even close.

Let me guess, you got held back in special education class right?:eyebrow:

WRONG, next.......

valade16
06-24-2010, 05:52 PM
WRONG, next.......

Wow, how insightful, I feel 10x's smarter for having read your response, you sure proved every single one of my points wrong :rolleyes:

Good job, you found Carl Landry, now look at the HUNDREDS of other players that saw their production increase because of their minutes increasing, I think they have you outnumbered.

next........

R_O_W_E
06-24-2010, 05:53 PM
^^^^
Oden is not one of the best low post defenders, he is a great shotblocker, he is still a bad on-on-one defender, better than Dwight Howard, but that is not saying much
Im sure Horford was stopping Dwight alright in the 1st Round.:eyebrow:

Perkins is the best low post defender in the NBA IMO.

As for productions, you are wrong. Take Carl Landry for instance. First half of the season in Houston, he averaged 16ppg shooting 55% from the field in 27mpg. 2nd half of the season, he goes to Sacramento, his playing time increases to 38 mpg and is given a starting role on a worse team. Yet, he only averaged 18ppg and shot 52%
LMFAO featuring Lil Jon- Shots

Thats basically it. There were more shots available in Houston early last season than there were in Sacramento when he got there. Houston had few legit scoring options, while Sacramento had 1. That works sometimes but also it hurts because you have a bunch of crappy guys in Sacramento who are taking a bunch of bad shots.

And Hollinger is a ******, none of his "Stats" mean anything
I dont like Hollinger either. Nerd basketball stats dont interest me.

valade16
06-24-2010, 06:02 PM

Also, using Carl Landry as an example is a pretty bad way to make your point that increasing minutes doesn't increase production.

Every year he's been in the league he's increased his minutes and because of that his:

shots per game, rebounds per game, assists per game, turnovers per game, steals per game, blocks per game, and fouls per game.

Wierd, every year he's gotten more minutes and his production has increased. Could this be the start of a trend?...:facepalm:

What?
06-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Also, using Carl Landry as an example is a pretty bad way to make your point that increasing minutes doesn't increase production.

Every year he's been in the league he's increased his minutes and because of that his:

shots per game, rebounds per game, assists per game, turnovers per game, steals per game, blocks per game, and fouls per game.

Wierd, every year he's gotten more minutes and his production has increased. Could this be the start of a trend?...:facepalm:

The fact that his stats went up when he got more minutes can also be attributed to the fact that because he was playing better then previous seasons he got better numbers which got him more minutes

Public Enemy #1
06-24-2010, 07:14 PM
Who? lol

valade16
06-24-2010, 07:16 PM
The fact that his stats went up when he got more minutes can also be attributed to the fact that because he was playing better then previous seasons he got better numbers which got him more minutes

But every season? That's a lot of sustained improvement...

What?
06-24-2010, 07:36 PM
But every season? That's a lot of sustained improvement...

More minutes does have a effect on your numbers of course because the more you play the more opportunities that arise but with less play you also are consistently playing at peak performance and can have a better effect in there minutes that's why a team doesn't have there starters out there for 48 minutes a game even though there the best at there position on the team with more minutes comes less per48 I mean Corey Maggette averaged 32 points per 48 while Chris Bosh Averaged 31.9 but does that mean Corey Maggette is a better or equal scorer then Chris Bosh not at all.

CowboysKB24
06-24-2010, 07:39 PM
It was a bad pick. The guy can't stay healthy, which is slowing his development big time. He will be a back up center for his career IMO. I don't see him being a an all-star. Hopefully he can reach a level of 14pts 14RBs and 3BLKs a game. That would be great, but I don't see him a being better than that.

It goes to show, when you have the number one pick you have to go after the best player, not the position you need. It is the same in the NFL. The number one pick should be the best player, not the position needed.

valade16
06-24-2010, 08:43 PM
It was a bad pick. The guy can't stay healthy, which is slowing his development big time. He will be a back up center for his career IMO. I don't see him being a an all-star. Hopefully he can reach a level of 14pts 14RBs and 3BLKs a game. That would be great, but I don't see him a being better than that.

It goes to show, when you have the number one pick you have to go after the best player, not the position you need. It is the same in the NFL. The number one pick should be the best player, not the position needed.

Did everyone decide to wear their hindsight glasses today?

The near consensus opinion prior to the draft was that Greg Oden was the better player/prospect/draft pick.

http://www.nba.com/draft2007/

Look at the poll on the left, 34% of people said Greg Oden would have the most success, 25% said Al Horford, 21% said Durant...

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/19470077/

"Oden and Durant were regarded as the only canít-miss players."

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/256044/greg_oden_vs_kevin_durant_whos_going.html?cat=14

"Well, Oden will almost certainly go to Portland at number one. Oden is the less risky of the two because he has an NBA ready body."

http://nba.suite101.com/article.cfm/blazers_win_2007_nba_draft_lottery

"Here's an early mock draft through the lottery.

1.Portland Trail Blazers select center Greg Oden
2.Seattle Supersonics select forward Kevin Durant"

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45957

"Oden is still the consensus choice based on his talent and potential."

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/284016/nba_draft_2007_why_greg_oden_is_a_better.html?cat= 14

"Oden is a better first pick than Durant."

There were a few people who thought Durant would be better, but most people thought Oden was the better selection.

Let me guess, you started watching basketball last year?:eyebrow:

Daze9900
06-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Desagna Diop > Oden

lol. Can't argue against it till the man can play a few games without getting hurt. At least you know what you're getting with Diop.

cj allen
06-24-2010, 08:53 PM
when he changes his name to Sam bowie?

:D:D Good one!!

Hellcrooner
06-24-2010, 09:38 PM
when h plays 10plus seasons and is able to avrage at least 14 and 9

people have no clue bout bowie.

JasonJohnHorn
06-24-2010, 09:53 PM
I thought he already was?

valade16
06-24-2010, 11:56 PM
when h plays 10plus seasons and is able to avrage at least 14 and 9

people have no clue bout bowie.

except Bowie's career averages are actually 10.9 pts and 7.5 rbds, not 14 and 9...

He only averaged 10 rebounds in one season and he only averaged 15 points twice (16.0 being his high).

He was an Ok big man, but nowhere near what he should've been for the 2nd overall pick ahead of MJ.

MacFitz92
06-25-2010, 12:01 AM
When he gets healthy

blackjack_119
06-25-2010, 12:29 AM
2009-10 Player Efficiency Ratings:
Durant #3 overall
Oden #8 overall
Horford #31 overall
Noah #53 overall

Evolution23
06-25-2010, 12:32 AM
stop hating on oden.. when the guy comes back healthy hes gona kill it for the blazers

PrestigeWldWde
06-25-2010, 12:58 AM
When can Greg Oden Officially be the next Sam bowie?

hmm...how bout when/if Oden officially changes his name to Sam Bowie???:rolleyes:

Give the guy a break. This might be his year to surprise since nothing is really expected from him right now. I think if he stays healthy he would be a very good player in this league. Maybe not deserving of the #1 pick, but he is still extremely young and could have a very solid career before it's all said and done with. If my Bulls get LeBron and another top FA, I wouldn't mind them trading a future 1st for Oden and letting him be the backup to Noah because if we have LeBron and another top FA the pick wouldn't be until the end of the 1st round anyway. Or trade two 2nd rd picks for him? Doesn't matter. I'd like to see him come back strong and produce.

JuliusCaesar
06-25-2010, 01:19 AM
Well, i'm from portland, so that means anything i say here is fact not opinion, and I will settle the argument because im awesome.

1). You can't blame portland for taking oden. He was the consensus #1. 30 out of 30 gm's polled at that time all said they would take oden #1. Factor in he was mr. ohio, and been on the radar since early high school. He was a unique physical specimen that rarely comes along. Not very often you get true centers available, who have the possibility of being dominant (other than taking andruw bogut with the first overall pick of course...lol...But name someone before Dwight Howard. Michael oliwakandi?).

So all of u saying "take the best talent available, not for need, are 110% wrong.

2). No one could have expected durant to be sooo dominant, so fast. I shoudl also qualify myself. I'm a huge durant fan, and am the only person in portland i know that said we should take durant. Becoming a top 10 nba player in 10 years...pretty crazy. u also aren't remembering how small and weak he was. He couldnt' even do the bench press. People questioned if he could create his own shot, and figured he'd be man handled.

3). You have to remember, while oden has been in the nba for 3 years, he's probably played all of 8 total games. It's hard to compare him to other players developmentally, b/c big men develop slower, and oden spends his entire time in a cast. And yes that is a downfall of his. But if oden can ever play 3 full seasons in a row like horford, he'll be significantly more skilled.

4). Al horford has become quite the player. Right now, he is a better NBA* basketball player than oden. Oden is more talented, and has a higher ceiling, and can control games in the way horford cant, but he's always injured or always in foul trouble. If you caught oden while he was healthy for 2 weeks, and took fouls out of the equation, oden would make horford call him daddy.

5). Oden is the dumbest player in the nba. He leads me to drinking on a nightly basis when he plays, b/c he CANNOT stay out of foul trouble. It's incredible. You can blame some of it on lack of experience (he needs to play in games to get his foot work down, b/c it keeps him out of position), but he has so many fouls where someone is beaten and he comes in at the last second and just slaps their hand and they still score. Or they go base line and he bumps them and gets a foul. After 3 years, you should learn not to make stupid fouls. He's always playing in foul trouble, taking away from his effectiveness. If he does't learn not to be an idiot, then he won't ever be anything.

6). Oden releases nude pictures, durant does not. I'm sure that factors in some how....

yuoke
06-25-2010, 01:37 AM
Oden>Thabeet

Lakersho
06-25-2010, 01:37 AM
Oden needs to step his game up to be Bowie.

:injury::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ansy
06-25-2010, 01:53 AM
When he's not relevant enough to have threads made about him anymore is when he'll officially be Sam Bowie..

thekmp211
06-25-2010, 11:22 AM

i meant why did you bring it up, sorry.

horford is a pf anyone masquerading as a center so i dont care either way.

Raoul Duke
06-25-2010, 11:47 AM
1). You can't blame portland for taking oden. He was the consensus #1. 30 out of 30 gm's polled at that time all said they would take oden #1. Factor in he was mr. ohio, and been on the radar since early high school. He was a unique physical specimen that rarely comes along. Not very often you get true centers available, who have the possibility of being dominant (other than taking andruw bogut with the first overall pick of course...lol...But name someone before Dwight Howard. Michael oliwakandi?).

So all of u saying "take the best talent available, not for need, are 110% wrong.

2). No one could have expected durant to be sooo dominant, so fast. I shoudl also qualify myself. I'm a huge durant fan, and am the only person in portland i know that said we should take durant. Becoming a top 10 nba player in 10 years...pretty crazy. u also aren't remembering how small and weak he was. He couldnt' even do the bench press. People questioned if he could create his own shot, and figured he'd be man handled.

3). You have to remember, while oden has been in the nba for 3 years, he's probably played all of 8 total games. It's hard to compare him to other players developmentally, b/c big men develop slower, and oden spends his entire time in a cast. And yes that is a downfall of his. But if oden can ever play 3 full seasons in a row like horford, he'll be significantly more skilled.

4). Al horford has become quite the player. Right now, he is a better NBA* basketball player than oden. Oden is more talented, and has a higher ceiling, and can control games in the way horford cant, but he's always injured or always in foul trouble. If you caught oden while he was healthy for 2 weeks, and took fouls out of the equation, oden would make horford call him daddy.

5). Oden is the dumbest player in the nba. He leads me to drinking on a nightly basis when he plays, b/c he CANNOT stay out of foul trouble. It's incredible. You can blame some of it on lack of experience (he needs to play in games to get his foot work down, b/c it keeps him out of position), but he has so many fouls where someone is beaten and he comes in at the last second and just slaps their hand and they still score. Or they go base line and he bumps them and gets a foul. After 3 years, you should learn not to make stupid fouls. He's always playing in foul trouble, taking away from his effectiveness. If he does't learn not to be an idiot, then he won't ever be anything.

6). Oden releases nude pictures, durant does not. I'm sure that factors in some how....

Great post, and I pretty much agree with everything you said. You can't blame Portland for taking Oden. It's fine to say you see the mistake now, because hindsight 20/20, but any intelligent basketball person would have taken Oden number one.

cmellofan15
06-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Nick Collison > Greg Oden

nickdymez
06-25-2010, 11:57 PM
DJ Mbenga > Greg Oden

LakersSaintsLSU
06-26-2010, 12:07 AM

uhhh let me guess....when kevin durant wins 6 titles?

dre1990
06-26-2010, 12:19 AM
when Durant becomes the best player ever, and Oden plays's like an average role player for 10 years

THE MTL
06-26-2010, 04:28 AM
Oden has to play up to Sam Bowie.

Bowie played 76 games, then 38 games, then missed a season.
He averaged 10ppg 8.6rpg 2.7blks

Oden missed first season, then 61 games, then 21 games.
Oden averaged 8.9ppg 7.0rpg 1.1blks

Anyway, he'll be Bowie when he gets another major injury and Durant must win a championship/MVP.

The Raven
06-26-2010, 06:11 AM
He seems down that path already. If he has another terrible injury next season, well then there u have it

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-26-2010, 07:22 AM
Did everyone decide to wear their hindsight glasses today?

The near consensus opinion prior to the draft was that Greg Oden was the better player/prospect/draft pick.

http://www.nba.com/draft2007/

Look at the poll on the left, 34% of people said Greg Oden would have the most success, 25% said Al Horford, 21% said Durant...

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/19470077/

"Oden and Durant were regarded as the only canít-miss players."

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/256044/greg_oden_vs_kevin_durant_whos_going.html?cat=14

"Well, Oden will almost certainly go to Portland at number one. Oden is the less risky of the two because he has an NBA ready body."

http://nba.suite101.com/article.cfm/blazers_win_2007_nba_draft_lottery

"Here's an early mock draft through the lottery.

1.Portland Trail Blazers select center Greg Oden
2.Seattle Supersonics select forward Kevin Durant"

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45957

"Oden is still the consensus choice based on his talent and potential."

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/284016/nba_draft_2007_why_greg_oden_is_a_better.html?cat= 14

"Oden is a better first pick than Durant."

There were a few people who thought Durant would be better, but most people thought Oden was the better selection.

Let me guess, you started watching basketball last year?:eyebrow:

But they were wrong like you haha:laugh:

magichatnumber9
06-26-2010, 07:44 AM
Durant is a very lucky young man

rufo4100
06-26-2010, 09:25 AM
Oden has played good when healthy. Gotta remember that. Give him a chance to be healthy...he has had terrible luck.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Oden has played good when healthy. Gotta remember that. Give him a chance to be healthy...he has had terrible luck.

no

xxseven72ducexx
06-26-2010, 11:28 AM
never, greg oden is not gonna be the next sam bowie, he's gonna make you shut your mouth this season when he breaks out and averages a double double

Vidball
06-26-2010, 11:30 AM
never, greg oden is not gonna be the next sam bowie, he's gonna make you shut your mouth this season when he breaks out and averages a double double

For the first 7 games of the season before his knee crumbles?

drobe86
06-26-2010, 11:52 AM
Oden already is Sam Bowie. What a bum lol!! And to think some idiot took him over Kevin Durant? I have no idea how that guy is a GM in an NBA capacity. Hell there's 1st graders who knew Durant would be better than Oden.

PapelbonLester
06-26-2010, 11:58 AM
haha oden is such a waste. He was scouted as much as Lebron out of high school and look at him now. Id rather watch Scalenbrine or however its spelt then him lol.

Raoul Duke
06-26-2010, 12:03 PM
But they were wrong like you haha:laugh:

If you can unearth a quote of yours showing you knew Durant was the better pick, then pull it up and show us. Otherwise, put a sock in it and stop emoting your dumb laugh.

You only get to chastise people for being wrong if you knew better all along.

drobe86
06-26-2010, 12:05 PM

Or how about their PERs?

Thats pretty dumb statement because Oden is garbage. IDk about all your statistics that make this lean in your favor. The truth is Greg Oden has played 82 games in 3 years. He's a bum. He might as well retire, and he's not as good as Al Horford. Because Al actually plays. For 2 he's not as good as Al because Al actually has an IQ you know he's smart. Oden makes some of the dumbest fouls. And Al would own Oden on the court. Because Al has something that Oden doesn't and will never have. And that's toughness my friend.....

ragee
06-26-2010, 12:08 PM
Oden already is Sam Bowie. What a bum lol!! And to think some idiot took him over Kevin Durant? I have no idea how that guy is a GM in an NBA capacity. Hell there's 1st graders who knew Durant would be better than Oden.

Oh really? Coz most of the GMs has Oden as their first pick...

drobe86
06-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Oh really? Coz most of the GMs has Oden as their first pick...

Right, and you see how that turned out.....

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-26-2010, 12:25 PM
If you can unearth a quote of yours showing you knew Durant was the better pick, then pull it up and show us. Otherwise, put a sock in it and stop emoting your dumb laugh.

You only get to chastise people for being wrong if you knew better all along.

Of course he was a better because he has more potential than Oden!

Too bad Portland GM didn't draft by potential!

Red Hot Rolllin
06-26-2010, 12:26 PM
Oden is going to make you eat your words if he wears his knee pads. Teams that control the paint win the big games.

BradyIsTheMan12
06-26-2010, 02:10 PM
I can tell most of the posters on here have short-term memory issues. Acting as if our GM was an idiot for drafting Oden over Durant at the time....Ugh

nickdymez
06-26-2010, 02:11 PM
I can tell most of the posters on here have short-term memory issues. Acting as if our GM was an idiot for drafting Oden over Durant at the time....Ugh

I dont have short term memory at all... Oden was HURT IN COLLEGE!!!!!! He had to learn to shoot with his off hand... He was injury prone from day one... Meanwhile, Durant was in college beastin and still is.....

nickdymez
06-26-2010, 02:14 PM

How you figure that?

Bryrob58
06-26-2010, 02:53 PM

:punish

You sir, need to go dig a hole and live in it. Pritchard is an excellent GM, even though he just got the axe for no reason. Everyone though Oden would become one of, if not the best, center in the league for the next 15 years, and injuries have derailed his career. He still puts up good numbers for the PT he gets. He was the consensus 1st pick by the majority of NBA GMs. Please leave this forum and come back once your head is out of your ***.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-26-2010, 02:59 PM
:punish

You sir, need to go dig a hole and live in it. Pritchard is an excellent GM, even though he just got the axe for no reason. Everyone though Oden would become one of, if not the best, center in the league for the next 15 years, and injuries have derailed his career. He still puts up good numbers for the PT he gets. He was the consensus 1st pick by the majority of NBA GMs. Please leave this forum and come back once your head is out of your ***.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???????:speechless::speechless:

LakersSaintsLSU
06-26-2010, 05:08 PM

You mean our 16th?....hey if it makes u feel better not to count the other 5 then go for it!!!!!!....LMAO

97NYer
06-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Oden is a better player than Horford. Horford is more effective than Oden. Oden got screwed over with these injuries...

ragee
06-26-2010, 10:04 PM
Right, and you see how that turned out.....

Oden was the best choice during that time... It is not the Blazer's fault like you're pointing out... And there is still time for Oden to prove himself...

The Raven
06-27-2010, 07:17 AM
And to think Portland could of taken Durant... wow