PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Deng to Magic for Gortat and Peitrus

Swashcuff
06-24-2010, 02:43 PM
According to a source, the Magic and Bulls have discussed a deal centered upon Luol Deng.

Mickael Pietrus and center Marcin Gortat would come back to Chicago in return.

http://basketball.******.com/src_wiretap_archives/67421/20100624/magic_talk_deng_trade_with_chicago/

http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/4258

I'm pretty surprised the Bulls would be interested in Gortat's contract.

Jenceman
06-24-2010, 02:46 PM
I think it would be a very nice move for Orlando.

North Yorker
06-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Hmmm, maybe they would be willing to give up Noah in a S&T for Bosh if they got Gortat...

Thisisouryear!!
06-24-2010, 02:52 PM
doesn't make much sense for bulls

nickdymez
06-24-2010, 02:54 PM
Deng is in almost every trade rumor.. This is a better trade for the bulls imo.. They get a little bigger in the middle and get the added shooting from the perimeter...

Sadds The Gr8
06-24-2010, 02:54 PM
good move for Orlando

wmudford
06-24-2010, 02:55 PM
This would be huge for chicago. Gives them a shooter and a nice big man. Gortat would be a quality starting defensive center if given the minutes.

Rose/Hinrich
Pietris/James Anderson?
Lebron/Johnson
Noah/Gibson
Gortat/Frye?

Best Defensive team in the league and top 5 in Offense for sure

xabial
06-24-2010, 02:56 PM
eh trade. helps both teams.

tdunk21
06-24-2010, 02:56 PM
i dont see how this helps orlando coz they are just giving away their depth at C and SG/SF

kozelkid
06-24-2010, 02:57 PM
This would be huge for chicago. Gives them a shooter and a nice big man. Gortat would be a quality starting defensive center if given the minutes.

Rose/Hinrich
Pietris/James Anderson?
Lebron/Johnson
Noah/Gibson
Gortat/Frye?

My thoughts exactly.
Also it puts Bulls in a more flexible position financially. We'd have 2 smaller contracts instead of one big one.

Rivera
http://basketball.******.com/src_wiretap_archives/67421/20100624/magic_talk_deng_trade_with_chicago/

good move for orlando

i have a question for anyone who has an answer i bolded the link and this is not the first time ive seen this link used and be ****** out

im new to PSD so why does that speific website always get bleeped out????

heattiltheend94
Love this trade for Orlando, put Deng as Starting PF, and move Lewis as an unconventional
SF. Then if possible, resign Barnes as their sixth man.

kozelkid
i dont see how this helps orlando coz they are just giving away their depth at C and SG/SF

They also desperately need more scoring though.

abe_froman
06-24-2010, 02:58 PM
doesn't make much sense for bulls

why not? they get a good center and a sg(a spot that needs filling)

Sadds The Gr8

Gortat hardly plays anyways. Why pay alot of $$$ for a backup C who plays behind the best C in the league? And Deng is just a better player than Pietrus.

Tulanehockey
Rose/Hinrich
Joe Johnson??/Hinrich??
Pietrus/James Johnson
Taj/??
Noah/Gortat

nickdymez
I dont see deng as a solid starting pf... i like him at sf...

nikeking711
06-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Peitrus and Gortat's salaries together are 11.7 mil so this wouldn't be a salary cap move and it would limit the Bulls to one max.

Lo Porto
06-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Gortat and Pietrus for Deng. Then Gortat to Utah for Harpring's trade exception and the Memphis 1st Utah got in the Ronnie Brewer deal. Final result:

- Chicago adds Pietrus and the future Memphis 1st and save $6 million for free agency
- Orlando gets Deng
- Utah gets Gortat

Lakeshow86
06-24-2010, 03:00 PM
no way. Deng is a proven All star calibur player and your going to trade him for 2 bench players? Bulls can do better than that

MagicBucsSox
06-24-2010, 03:00 PM
this is old news, its already shot down by both sides

kozelkid
06-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Peitrus and Gortat's salaries together are 11.7 mil so this wouldn't be a salary cap move and it would limit the Bulls to one max.

Not at all true.
(A) It means Bulls have more role players so they can get a max and not worry about having a limited amount for like 4 role players.
(B) As for the limited one max, it makes them more financially flexible with 2 smaller contracts.

drew_ellis_23
Good trade for both sides if it goes down.

DamnGoat
This was reported yesterday IIRC and I think it died down. If the Bulls are looking to clear Deng's contract then this doesn't many any sense at all, so I don't think it's very likely.

abe_froman
06-24-2010, 03:02 PM
:laugh: at everyone *****ing that deng is horrible and no one would want him and now he's too good to give up.you guys are seriously priceless..predictable,but priceless none the less

FOBolous
06-24-2010, 03:03 PM
makes sense for Chicago but i don't see how it makes sense for Orlando with Redick, Carter, and Reshard Lewis on their team?

tdunk21
06-24-2010, 03:04 PM
:laugh: at everyone *****ing that deng is horrible and no one would want him and now he's too good to give up.you guys are seriously priceless..predictable,but priceless none the less

nothing wrong in everyone expressing their opinions...i see only one person *****ing and calling people names in this thread....lol

ManRam
06-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Did this rumor come from the Magic forum here on PSD?

I'm not sure if I believe these rumors...the sources are questionable at best. I think it works well for both teams. I know I for one am probably the Magic fan here who most would want to see this happen.

Chicago gets a very solid center who can start for 50% of the teams in the league, and guy who can shoot the three and defend (they were terrible from three point land last year). It makes some sense, but for some reason, I just don't think Chicago would do it.

B.JenningsMVP
06-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Nice for both squads.. Thinking Lebron would go to the Bulls to take the SF position away from Deng anyway lol

MagicBucsSox
06-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Deng to Orlando talk legit, but unlikely
Posted by mikemcgraw on Thu, 06/24/2010 - 04:03
Bulls general manager Gar Forman talked Wednesday about having plenty of options on the table right now.

One rumor that does have some legs is Luol Deng to Orlando for forward Mickael Pietrus and center Marcin Gortat. It has been discussed, according to a source, but talks have not gotten serious and there is no proof the Bulls are inclined to make such a move.

This deal would save the Bulls about $22 million in future salaries, but it wouldn’t give them any more cap space to add a second free agent this summer. In fact, it would erase about $300,000 in cap space, which probably makes this move unlikely.

Like Deng, Gortat is signed through 2014. He’s due $28 million over the next four years after Orlando matched a generous offer sheet from Dallas a year ago. He averaged 3.6 points and 4.3 rebounds last season backing up Dwight Howard. Pietrus (8.7 points last season) is signed for two more years at about $15 million.

Orlando seemed to be disappointed in Vince Carter (big surprise) and is looking for another reliable scorer. The Bulls wouldn’t mind moving Deng this summer to add a second free agent, but they’re not likely to trade him for two reserves and no cap relief.

kozelkid
06-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Did this rumor come from the Magic forum here on PSD?

I'm not sure if I believe these rumors...the sources are questionable at best. I think it works well for both teams. I know I for one am probably the Magic fan here who most would want to see this happen.

So do I and I usually don't say that about trades.

Kakaroach
Apparently its a legit rumor, but highly unlikely if you actually read the article.

nikeking711
Not at all true.
(A) It means Bulls have more role players so they can get a max and not worry about having a limited amount for like 4 role players.
(B) As for the limited one max, it makes them more financially flexible with 2 smaller contracts.

Peitrus: 5.3 mil

Gortat: 6.4 mil

mudvayne387

Rose/Hinrich
Pietris/James Anderson?
Lebron/Johnson
Noah/Gibson
Gortat/Frye?

HAHAHAHAHAH

boolish
not likely with Lewis at SF. Deng is no PF...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
orlando is desperate like last year

kozelkid
06-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Peitrus: 5.3 mil

Gortat: 6.4 mil

Try reading the post first.

North Yorker
06-24-2010, 03:15 PM
If Chicago does this trade and gets one of JJ or LeBron for the max, then this opens them up to trade Noah in a S&T, since it looks like Bosh might wait for LeBron to make the 1st move in FA.

Toronto and Bosh want a S&T, but TO will only do it if they can get a decent package in return. They wont accept a Bosh for Deng/Hinrich etc. They would however accept a Bosh for Noah and TPE.

Chicago looks like

Rose
LeBron
Bosh
Gortat

while TO rebuilds with a Bargs/Noah frontcourt. This could be the motivation for Chicago, b/c as of now they wont part with Noah in a Bosh deal.

awmathewsjr
06-24-2010, 03:20 PM
Hmmm, maybe they would be willing to give up Noah in a S&T for Bosh if they got Gortat...

Why would they give up a player like Noah in a S&T

akagiredsuns
06-24-2010, 03:23 PM

:facepalm: When will people learn that Noah & Rose are UNTOUCHABLE? If they trade Deng it's for cap space. Besides this deal was already rumored 2 days ago and the Bulls have already rejected it. Moderator please close thread as there is no truth to this story. Give up Noah ---> :facepalm:

awmathewsjr
06-24-2010, 03:23 PM
Dnt like the move for Orlando. They need a true PF, not another PF/SF Tweener

ManRam
06-24-2010, 03:24 PM
orlando is desperate like last year

Explain to me how inquiring about this trade is "desperate".

We clearly need to improve our team, and we're trying to do so. Is that "desperate". No. I think it's just "sane".

We need a roster upgrade. That's a given. Everyone knows it. This would do just that. Trade 2 bench players for a starter. I like it.

thekmp211
06-24-2010, 03:25 PM
:facepalm: When will people learn that Noah & Rose are UNTOUCHABLE? If they trade Deng it's for cap space. Besides this deal was already rumored 2 days ago and the Bulls have already rejected it. Moderator please close thread as there is no truth to this story. Give up Noah ---> :facepalm:

relax.

North Yorker
06-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Why would they give up a player like Noah in a S&T

Because I believe as of now they can only sign one max FA outright (JJ or LeBron). Bosh is gonna wait and see what LeBron does.

If they wanna get Bosh, then they are gonna have to do a S&T with TO, b/c Bosh wants the extra yr and $30M and plus they wouldnt be able to sign him outright if they already signed one max player.

TO will only do a S&T if it will help them, and a Noah + TPE would be a good deal and quicken their rebuild. Toronto wont take anything less in a S&T from Chic.

North Yorker
06-24-2010, 03:30 PM

So you wouldnt give up Noah if it meant Bosh??lol.

I only brought this up b/c of this rumor, and if they got Gortat then I dont see how Noah would be untouchable. A Gortat-Bosh duo is better than a Noah-Taj duo.

KB24PG16
06-24-2010, 03:33 PM
i like the move for chicago if this happens all they need to do is lower in one big FA not 2 or 3 like miami and new york. chicago already has a team sort of they need that one star to become contenders if this trade goes down

Kakaroach
06-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Yeah Orlando isn't desperate for trying to make this move their trying to improve their team like most playoff contenders.

But this would mean that they prolly won't re-sign one of JJ Redick or Matt Barnes correct?

The Jokemaker
06-24-2010, 03:36 PM
I think here's the ultimate take home message of this rumor. The Bulls, and especially with Deng, are trying to make a trade with any and everybody. First the clips, then the magic, then the pacers...

D1JM
06-24-2010, 03:37 PM

more like a sign and trade to temp toronto. That way they get their euro player and center to move bargani to pf

ManRam
06-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Yeah Orlando isn't desperate for trying to make this move their trying to improve their team like most playoff contenders.

But this would mean that they prolly won't re-sign one of JJ Redick or Matt Barnes correct?

Yeah. I think getting both back regardless isn't going to happen. We have JJ's bird rights, and I think he's the one we want more...but Barnes will come out of our MLE, and we're probably going to have to prioritize that money for a big man, especially if we lose Gortat. Even if we don't trade Marcin, back up PG is a bigger need than back up SG/SF.

Barnes has never gotten even a average size deal. A bunch of 1-2 year deals worth a couple million. He is going to go where the money is, and I don't blame him 1%. He actually has every right to be greedy. If he do stay for less money, than he is a saint.

D1JM

if this is true, i think its the shakeup that howard wanted. Gortat can be a starter somewhere else and it can also ensure the bulls if they miss out on a pf to just move noah to that position.

sNaKeS

JJ is a restricted free agent and it doesn't matter if they are well over the luxury tax, they can match any offer made by another team to keep him in orlando so I don't see him going anywhere especially with how he played in the playoffs for the magic. Barnes they're not sure about, there are a few things we know about him. He wants to get paid hence the reason he opted out of his contract, he still wants to play for orlando, also orlando may be looking at getting a true power forward and move Rashard over to the SF position.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-24-2010, 03:40 PM
Explain to me how inquiring about this trade is "desperate".

We clearly need to improve our team, and we're trying to do so. Is that "desperate". No. I think it's just "sane".

We need a roster upgrade. That's a given. Everyone knows it. This would do just that. Trade 2 bench players for a starter. I like it.

They should have signed Hedo, seriously no joke he is a better fit than carter, and no your team tries to trade vince cause he's old and injury prone.Best option would have been keeping hedo and let jameer regain his health and let dwight to develop his offensive game.

If Orlando would have done that then we would have seen another LA vs orlando finals.

And if gunman Gilbert comes to down...oh boy:facepalm:...no touches to dwight

North Yorker
06-24-2010, 03:42 PM
more like a sign and trade to temp toronto. That way they get their euro player and center to move bargani to pf

If thats the case then why wouldnt TO just do that deal with Orlando:rolleyes:

D1JM
06-24-2010, 03:44 PM
If thats the case then why wouldnt TO just do that deal with Orlando:rolleyes:

who can toronto give that will improve the magic?

North Yorker
06-24-2010, 03:45 PM
who can toronto give that will improve the magic?

BOSH.

duh

D1JM
06-24-2010, 03:47 PM
BOSH.

duh

never thought of that :eyebrow:

awmathewsjr
06-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Because I believe as of now they can only sign one max FA outright (JJ or LeBron). Bosh is gonna wait and see what LeBron does.

If they wanna get Bosh, then they are gonna have to do a S&T with TO, b/c Bosh wants the extra yr and $30M and plus they wouldnt be able to sign him outright if they already signed one max player.

TO will only do a S&T if it will help them, and a Noah + TPE would be a good deal and quicken their rebuild. Toronto wont take anything less in a S&T from Chic.

You might wanna do your research on S&Ts. The signing team doesn't have that kind of leverage in the deal to pull the other teams core players. It doesn't work like that. Toronto probably wouldn't even get a player(draft pick), and if they did it would be nothing like you're thinking.

Ragun
06-24-2010, 04:50 PM
good trade for both IMO

HouRealCoach
06-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Developing a pretty solid team... These are the kind of players that help in the playoffs

Kyben36
06-24-2010, 05:14 PM
this move may be a pre cursur to a Carter for Arenas deal.

XJW18
06-24-2010, 05:20 PM
I think that would be a pretty good move for Chicago.
Id pull the trigger.

akagiredsuns
06-24-2010, 05:34 PM
relax.

Relax about what? All I said was Noah is untouchable. They are not going to trade him not even for Bosh. And anyway it's irrelevant cus Hinrich is going to the Wizards. So the Bulls have freed up cap space for 2 maxes. Don't be so sensitive. :rolleyes:

dtmagnet
06-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Why would Orlando want Deng?

The Raven
06-24-2010, 05:36 PM
in my opiinion, the deal is better for the bulls then it is for the Magic

boolish
06-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Why would Orlando want Deng?

he can guard bron...well about as well as anybody can.

akagiredsuns
06-24-2010, 05:41 PM
So you wouldnt give up Noah if it meant Bosh??lol.

I only brought this up b/c of this rumor, and if they got Gortat then I dont see how Noah would be untouchable. A Gortat-Bosh duo is better than a Noah-Taj duo.

:laugh2: on the bold. You obviously did not watch Noah this year, and what a huge impact he was for us. He has been a beast since the '09 Celtics playoff series. And last year he even started creating a short/mid-range jumper and nearly made the All-Star game as a reserve. Gortat is a bench guy. Noah is a starter. Noah & Bosh would be light years better than Gortat. Orlando was stupid to match Dallas offer. Gortat is overpaid and the Magic fell for the Mavericks offer sheet like idiots. Taj is a ROOKIE by the way, but even he had some moments. To even put him in this conversation does not make sense. This is all moot anyways cus we can sign Lebron & Bosh without a S&T cus we dealt Hinrich. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

kozelkid
06-24-2010, 06:08 PM
:laugh2: on the bold. You obviously did not watch Noah this year, and what a huge impact he was for us. He has been a beast since the '09 Celtics playoff series. And last year he even started creating a short/mid-range jumper and nearly made the All-Star game as a reserve. Gortat is a bench guy. Noah is a starter. Noah & Bosh would be light years better than Gortat. Orlando was stupid to match Dallas offer. Gortat is overpaid and the Magic fell for the Mavericks offer sheet like idiots. Taj is a ROOKIE by the way, but even he had some moments. To even put him in this conversation does not make sense. This is all moot anyways cus we can sign Lebron & Bosh without a S&T cus we dealt Hinrich. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Ya, you are completely wrong. I'll leave it at that.

CowboysKB24
06-24-2010, 06:58 PM
I think Orlando needs to get rid of Lewis and Carter (I love Carter and he should go to the Lakers, I WISH). But really, they aren't worth what they are getting paid for. They have Jameer and Dwight as there pieces, and should focus more on getting Howard most touches. I'd like to see them land Deng and some how get rid of Lewis and Carter some how some way. They won't win with the current team they have now.