PDA

View Full Version : Joe Johnson wants to commit to Bulls?

phlp_bj
06-24-2010, 12:50 PM
There are whispers that impending free agent Joe Johnson wants to commit to the Bulls early, according to the Chicago Tribune.
Along with Chris Bosh, JJ looks like he'll be one of the big-name free agents that ends up relocating. However, the Bulls will have to clear some more cap space if they expect to sign Johnson early and still have enough money left over for LeBron James. The Hawks, Heat and possibly Knicks are also expected to show interest in Johnson.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-0624-bits-bulls-chicago--20100623,0,5963539.story

CelticCat
06-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Bulls better not do anything until Lebron figures out where he wants to play!

phlp_bj
06-24-2010, 12:57 PM
I think if we find a way to move Deng or Hinrich tonight, we can sign Johnson first. By having Johnson on board, that gives us a better chance to possibly sign Lebron

DaBUU
06-24-2010, 01:11 PM
I think if we find a way to move Deng or Hinrich tonight, we can sign Johnson first. By having Johnson on board, that gives us a better chance to possibly sign Lebron

Rose-James-Bosh >>>>>>>Rose-JJ-James

really dont want JJ either way

magichatnumber9
06-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Joe Johnson to the Bulls.. I like it.. Him and Rose will pair up nice, nah i mean

NJrockPD
06-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Joe would be a great compliment to rose, but bosh would be better if we signed lebron.

jaded01
06-24-2010, 01:21 PM
if he takes 10 mil-ish per... absolutely. if he wants a max contract... wait in line.

FatalHussien
06-24-2010, 01:25 PM
Bulls should aim to move Deng and Kirk tonight.

Extend an offer to JJ on July 1.

Then the Bulls can go after Bosh, James, Boozer, etc.

mikantsass
06-24-2010, 01:27 PM
JJ is a good fit in Chitown because he can play off of the ball. Obviously the Bulls fans want Lebron, but JJ is a better fit for the team that they have.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-24-2010, 01:30 PM
If he wants a max, he'll need to wait in line. He's got to be at best 4th on the bulls list.

JordanPippen
06-24-2010, 01:32 PM
considering age alone... i'd take bosh and lebron over him.

JordansBulls
06-24-2010, 01:33 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-0624-bits-bulls-chicago--20100623,0,5963539.story

I'm ok with this if we get Bosh or Lebron first.

_Supreme_
06-24-2010, 01:36 PM
I stopped reading when I read "There are whispers" and "chicagotribune.com"...

PSD will be spammed with all kinds of crappy rumours coming from unreliable sources these upcoming weeks. Not good.

mudvayne387
06-24-2010, 01:37 PM
Sorry Bulls fans, its not "Johnson and Lebron" its merely Joe Johnson. But hey, with the addition of Joe Johnson and perhaps another formidable player (Raja Bell,Kurt Thomas) I am sure the Bulls will be a solid 6 to 7 seed next year.

AddiX
06-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Love JJ's game, but his age doesnt help his case.

AllTimeBest
06-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Translation: I want to be paid as much as I can early before anyone else signs and takes away teams that may be interested in me.

Kakaroach
06-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Joe Johnson and a Derrick Rose back-court would be deadly, but I don't think the Bulls would sign him unless they moved Deng/Hinrich so they had the cap space to still sign LeBron/Bosh.

AllTimeBest
06-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Unless they feel that Lebron is going somewhere else and they want to grab Johnson before he goes somewhere else also.

Don't be surprised if teams that have been linked to Lebron go out and grab someone like Johnson or Amare or Boozer before they sign, and Lebron signs somewhere else and then they are stuck with noone.

WatWoudJordanDo
06-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Sorry Bulls fans, its not "Johnson and Lebron" its merely Joe Johnson. But hey, with the addition of Joe Johnson and perhaps another formidable player (Raja Bell,Kurt Thomas) I am sure the Bulls will be a solid 6 to 7 seed next year.

we would be that with or without any FA this year...people seem to forget that the bulls were going back in forth for the 5th seed with TOR in march before noah went down and we lost 10 straight. and we still managed to come back and get the 8th seed.

as far as johnson, like its been said, if hes willing to take a nonmax then sure as long as we still have room for a max for either lebron or bosh. if not then he cant wait and see if we complete our salary dumps or not and if 1 of lebron or bosh say no

kozelkid
06-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Keep this ****er away from the Bulls at all costs. I want nothing to do with this inconsistent and soon likely overpaid player.
Him and Rose are not a good fit contrary to what people think. He's a ball handling 2. That's one of the MAIN reasons he is going to get paid a lot. Bulls do not need that. As a shooter, he's good, but not great. For 15mil, I'd easily pass and sign a Morrow and Reddick instead and use this money elsewhere.

NYtilIdie
06-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Would be smart move for CHI. He could be what BG was to you guys in 08 except with better shooting and finishing around the rim and better D.

Burkey3472
06-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Not a bad move unless it costs them a shot at another big FA.

Lakersho
06-24-2010, 01:58 PM
considering age alone... i'd take bosh and lebron over him.

the age isnt all that bad , it's the fact that he's real streaky, dont get me wrong he's a hell of a player but at what price? he seems to want big money, and i know some may disagree but he's not worth " BIG MONEY ", if you watched the hawks in the playoffs you to would see. he's good but not big money good...

Lakersho
06-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Keep this ****er away from the Bulls at all costs. I want nothing to do with this inconsistent and soon likely overpaid player.
Him and Rose are not a good fit contrary to what people think. He's a ball handling 2. That's one of the MAIN reasons he is going to get paid a lot. Bulls do not need that. As a shooter, he's good, but not great. For 15mil, I'd easily pass and sign a Morrow and Reddick instead and use this money elsewhere.

thankyou , my point spot on...

nikeking711
06-24-2010, 02:02 PM
I think Joe Johnson will end up in Chicago.

footballer2369
06-24-2010, 02:09 PM
Of course...whispers...heard by a Chicago reporter...Shocking..

And Lebron is in Chicago buying a home as we speak...

kozelkid
06-24-2010, 02:10 PM
I think Joe Johnson will end up in Chicago.

I think he'll end up in Miami with either Boozer, Bosh or Amare.

AllTimeBest
06-24-2010, 02:12 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Johnson and Boozer in Miami. Johnson is not going to Miami with Wade. Wade and Amare in Miami

Sadds The Gr8
06-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Rose-James-Bosh >>>>>>>Rose-JJ-James

really dont want JJ either way

too bad none of those are happening...

zambo4president
06-24-2010, 02:16 PM
JJ is exactly what we need:clap: Need a 2 Guard and a scorer who can take over, He is definitely both.

HouRealCoach
06-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Noah
Bosh
*Lottery Pick*
Wade
Rose...

JJ wont be playing for the bulls

Sadds The Gr8
06-24-2010, 02:19 PM
If the Bulls were smart, they'd say screw JJ, sign Boozer or Stat to play with Noah, and use the rest of the cap space on role/bench players.

kozelkid
06-24-2010, 02:24 PM
If the Bulls were smart, they'd say screw JJ, sign Boozer or Stat to play with Noah, and use the rest of the cap space on role/bench players.

That's not smart.
And if they are smart, they gamble on Lebron seeing as they are considered one of the frontrunners.

kozelkid
06-24-2010, 02:25 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Johnson and Boozer in Miami. Johnson is not going to Miami with Wade. Wade and Amare in Miami

Miami has the cap to get JJ and Boozer/Amare AND Wade. Assuming JJ and/or Boozer/Amare don't take max.

OG "Dee" LOCc
06-24-2010, 02:26 PM
LOL they can have him

thekmp211
06-24-2010, 02:29 PM
i think the bulls should do everything they can to get carlos boozer

D1JM
06-24-2010, 02:32 PM
dont really want jj. I'll rather have paul george or henry. Even anderson

JordansBulls
06-24-2010, 02:36 PM
Joe Johnson and a Derrick Rose back-court would be deadly, but I don't think the Bulls would sign him unless they moved Deng/Hinrich so they had the cap space to still sign LeBron/Bosh.

The only way we go for him first is if we move either Deng or Hinrich for him.

Sadds The Gr8
06-24-2010, 02:37 PM
That's not smart.
And if they are smart, they gamble on Lebron seeing as they are considered one of the frontrunners.

and end up with no money for good role players....ok.

kozelkid
06-24-2010, 02:40 PM
and end up with no money for good role players....ok.

Here's a newsflash, you add Lebron to this team, they become a contender in most eyes. That means veteran ring chasers will come at discount. Hell, I'd even give up a season if ti means having Lebron and Rose for the next 5 years at least.
Not to mention Bulls are expected to shed more salary with either Kirk and/or Deng.
And we'd have 5 mil anyway.

Madness23
06-24-2010, 02:48 PM
he wants the money while it is there LOL

can anyone tell me whats the difference between the hawks and the bulls rosters ?

Sadds The Gr8
06-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Here's a newsflash, you add Lebron to this team, they become a contender in most eyes. That means veteran ring chasers will come at discount. Hell, I'd even give up a season if ti means having Lebron and Rose for the next 5 years at least.
Not to mention Bulls are expected to shed more salary with either Kirk and/or Deng.
And we'd have 5 mil anyway.

lol...ok this Lebron to Chicago is really beginning to annoy the crap outta me. I will sig bet the 1st Bulls fan to reply to this, that Lebron won't go to Chicago. If you win, I use a Lebron sig with a Bulls jersey, and I put "(whoever bets me) is greater than Saddler the Gr8" Until the season starts. If i win, u put a Raptors logo in your sig, and write "Toronto Raptors -- North America's team", until the season starts.

kozelkid
06-24-2010, 02:53 PM
lol...ok this Lebron to Chicago is really beginning to annoy the crap outta me. I will sig bet the 1st Bulls fan to reply to this, that Lebron won't go to Chicago. If you win, I use a Lebron sig with a Bulls jersey, and I put "(whoever bets me) is greater than Saddler the Gr8" Until the season starts. If i win, u put a Raptors logo in your sig, and write "Toronto Raptors -- North America's team", until the season starts.

Sorry, don't do sig bets.
I also don't recall saying that it was guarantee just merely one of the frontrunners and most media sources appear to agree and logic dictates it as well.
Also if it annoys the crap out of you, then don't post in those threads. Not very difficult.

Chronz
06-24-2010, 02:58 PM
JJ and Rose seem like a good pairing. Also if you get JJ you dont need to move Deng the way you would if you got Bron.

Sadds The Gr8
06-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Sorry, don't do sig bets.
I also don't recall saying that it was guarantee just merely one of the frontrunners and most media sources appear to agree and logic dictates it as well.
Also if it annoys the crap out of you, then don't post in those threads. Not very difficult.

I don't mind if you guys want it to happen, but oyu guys act as if he's 100% going there and that it will immediately work. And the sig bet wasn't just offered to you, it was offered to anyone who thinks Lebron will go to Chicago.

kozelkid
06-24-2010, 03:02 PM
I don't mind if you guys want it to happen, but oyu guys act as if he's 100% going there and that it will immediately work. And the sig bet wasn't just offered to you, it was offered to anyone who thinks Lebron will go to Chicago.

I don't think most Bulls fans think that. And there is something wrong about being excited?
As if Knicks fans don't act the same or any other fans of teams that are in the running.
Regardless this is off topic and has nothing to do with this thread.

*Silver&Black*
06-24-2010, 03:04 PM
can anyone tell me whats the difference between the hawks and the bulls rosters ?

1 was top 3 in East last year (pretty much 3 all-stars and 6th man of the year), while the other have a great PG. JJ should stay a Hawk. Hawks will love to give him Max. The teams thinking they can get JJ without Max is stupid. He wants the money.

People are not giving any hope to the Hawks. All you sucky teams are thinking you all are getting Lebron Bosh and JJ need to wake up. There is no way everyone is getting Lebron. I think JJ and Lebron should stay on their good teams (Cavs and Hawks) and not waste time on the teams hoping for players. Hawks just need a rotatonal center and PG and the Cavs will do anything for Lebron. Everybody else thinks they can score 3 max players and crap like it's a video game by dumping everybody.

Sadds The Gr8
06-24-2010, 03:08 PM
I don't think most Bulls fans think that. And there is something wrong about being excited?
As if Knicks fans don't act the same or any other fans of teams that are in the running.
Regardless this is off topic and has nothing to do with this thread.

well most Bulls fans I see are sayin that he's goin for sure. And like I said, I don't mind if someone wants it to happen, and is excited, but saying LBJ is DEFINATELY going there is pretty ridiculous. And I don't see Knicks fans sayin that LBJ is goin to NY for sure...

Wade_County
06-24-2010, 03:09 PM
JJ to the bulls = Lebron to the cavs/heat/NY IMO

kozelkid
06-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Anyway, like I said, this is a bad idea. Unless JJ is willing to be paid 13mil a year (obviously won't) I hope we don't sign him.

kozelkid
06-24-2010, 03:10 PM
JJ to the bulls = Lebron to the cavs/heat/NY IMO

Even if Bulls are interested, they aren't going to sign JJ first. Our owner said he's going to wait at least til July 8th for Lebron.

Sly Guy
06-24-2010, 03:29 PM
I love bulls' fans. You guys make these boards funny.

IversonIsKrazy
06-24-2010, 03:36 PM
I would only want JJ if we get Amare and keep Deng.
Rose/JJ/Deng/Amare/Noah would be one hell of a line-up with Rose still being #1 option

ldc62
06-24-2010, 04:51 PM
No way will the Bulls commit to him unless Lebron, Wade then Bosh decide.... why give up money for him when they can get wayyy better/younger guys?