PDA

View Full Version : Report: Hornets Not Trading Chris Paul

AllTimeBest
06-24-2010, 11:06 AM
The Hornets are not going to trade Chris Paul, a source tells ESPN's Chad Ford.

CP3 trade rumors have gotten out of control over the last couple of days, cumulating with the man himself saying he'd be open to a trade. Still, we always thought the Hornets to be crazy to trade a top-5 player in the league just because Darren Collison looks like a player. They'd never get equal value. That said, there are plenty of other reports out there that say the Hornets are still willing to trade Paul as part of a salary trim. Stay tuned tonight.

rotoworld

Probably a smart decision. They wouldn't get a good enough deal.

Raidaz4Life
06-24-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm sorry but when its all said and done they have to move one of the two. Its a complete waste having them on the same team.

td0tsfinest
06-24-2010, 11:17 AM
They might not be seeking to trade him but I'm sure they'll listen to some offers. If an offer that comes up is too good to pass, what are they going to do?

JordansBulls
06-24-2010, 11:18 AM
You think "rotoworld" qualifies as a reliable source over ESPN?

The Jokemaker
06-24-2010, 11:25 AM

yeah we have to wait until Jalen rose says anything before its confirmed.

mark1125
06-24-2010, 11:26 AM
Any "source" at this time of the year is questionable. Rumors and chatter is thick so I wouldn't put too much stock in anything said.

YankeeFan28
06-24-2010, 11:26 AM

This is not being reported by rotoworld....

beasted86
06-24-2010, 11:29 AM
I'm sorry but when its all said and done they have to move one of the two. Its a complete waste having them on the same team.

Hornets record with Chris Paul starting: 27-18

Hornets record with Chris Paul injured & Collison starting: 13-24

It doesn't take a genius to figure out if there is going to be some sort of trade, it's going to involve Collison, and not Paul. It's also pretty obvious that Paul + Okafor make a combined $27M, and Paul + Posey a combined $21.5M and it would be near impossible to find a trade partner in those scenarios.

And they are FOR SURE including a bad contract IF they trade Paul.

Samz
06-24-2010, 11:30 AM
yeah we have to wait until Jalen rose says anything before its confirmed.

Jalen Rose is a G dont ever forget it ;p
Don't u remember the fresh fade he had in the barbershop?

Kakaroach
06-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Yeah I really think there was no doubt all along they wouldn't trade CP3, he is just way too valuable to that franchise.

nuggetsyankees
06-24-2010, 11:46 AM
he should go to Denver for Billups and picks straight up

Burkey3472
06-24-2010, 11:49 AM
Not really surprised here. No team is going to come close to what the Hornets want for him so they might as well keep him.

bostncelts34
06-24-2010, 12:14 PM
i dont know why they wouldnt do the NJ trade IMO if THEY ARE trying to trim cap. Harris + #3 pick?

Harris/collison
Wesley johnson?
Peja/posey
West
Okafor

beasted86
06-24-2010, 12:33 PM
i dont know why they wouldnt do the NJ trade IMO if THEY ARE trying to trim cap. Harris + #3 pick?

Harris/collison
Wesley johnson?
Peja/posey
West
Okafor

Because Chris Paul generates 5x as much revenue and wins as Devin Harris. Harris is so good he just led the Nets to 12 wins.

Paul makes $15M and Harris makes $9M + #3 will make $3.5M so the $2.5M initial savings isn't worth the risk. Even if the Nets were willing to take Posey & Petersen, it's still not worth it on the Hornets end. Matter of fact Collison > Harris.

Patrick Swayze
06-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Obviously a smart decision. The Hornets would lose in so many other ways if they got rid of him.

They might not be seeking to trade him but I'm sure they'll listen to some offers. If an offer that comes up is too good to pass, what are they going to do?

I agree, but being a Hornets fan I want to keep both. Unless we can move Collison for a for sure solid starter at SF.

It's just as reliable.

nolafan33
06-24-2010, 02:11 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Hornets moved Collison tonight. All this trade talk on Paul has left Collison kind of in the dark, something could be brewing in the back.