PDA

View Full Version : Boston offering Perkins and pick to move into lottery

spreadeagle
06-24-2010, 09:28 AM
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/06/24/source-boston-offering-perkins-and-pick-in-draft-talks/ Didn't see this coming..

AllTimeBest
06-24-2010, 09:30 AM
Isn't Perkins young? I'm sure they could grab a solid SG/SF with their first round pick currently to add to this older team.

Mile High Champ
06-24-2010, 09:30 AM
No thanks, I don't want a centre who just destroyed his ACL.. I will see how he responds next year before even considering him in any trade.

McPeak92
06-24-2010, 09:32 AM
I hope they do this trade and Perkins continues to be one of the best low presence players in the NBA, and the guy they get is a huge bust and Dwight Howard just ***** on them all day cause they don't have Perk to defend him.

Hellcrooner
06-24-2010, 09:33 AM
Oh god that 7 game win has affected their minds or what?????

they shoudl stick to rondo davis and perk let Pierce walk out with allen and try to move KG for apick like CLippers ( kg contract is better than DENZGS)

this way they get into the FA and coudl land lebron or bosh or stou etc.

bostncelts34
06-24-2010, 09:35 AM
If they do this, they better got a nice young big who can actually jump and rebound.

Hellcrooner
06-24-2010, 09:35 AM
bter yet arent the wolves looking to trade jeferson for a shorter contract?

jeff for Kg.

MagicBucsSox
06-24-2010, 09:40 AM
LMFAO ,MAN no ones gonna trade for that bum are you kidding? especially now he wont be ready til the all star break. he's a bum in every fascit of the word. he has no skills, doesnt even avg 10rbg, cant block like wtf

mark1125
06-24-2010, 09:42 AM
Blown out ACL? Why would someone deal off a lottery pick for someone who just blew out their knee?

J4KOP99
06-24-2010, 09:42 AM
Who the hell do they want in this draft outside the top 4-5 picks? Even some of those guys could suck...

I don't think this draft is worth moving up for, especially when talking about dealing Perkins.(Unless he really messed up his knee in which case nobody will want him.)

X12Celtics3
06-24-2010, 09:43 AM
...I don't want the Celtics to trade Perkins, and I don't see why a team would trade a first round draft pick for a center who will likely miss a good chunk of next season.

mikantsass
06-24-2010, 09:44 AM
We are going to hear the Celtics' name in a lot of rumors over the next month or so. This is what happens when you have an aggressive GM. I would love to trade Perk to get into the lottery but I just dont see it happening.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-24-2010, 09:49 AM
How injured is he?

tbone2171
06-24-2010, 09:52 AM

jeff for Kg.

Why in the world would the Twolves want KG back?

Hawkeye15
06-24-2010, 09:54 AM
Perkins is not even close to being worth a lottery pick. Put him on a bad team, and nobody would know who he is

NYKstateOFmind
06-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Lmao off trying to trade someone who just tore 2 ligaments.

S-Dot
06-24-2010, 10:04 AM
Perkins is not even close to being worth a lottery pick. Put him on a bad team, and nobody would know who he is

hate to say it but i agree. but you can't blame boston for trying to get younger without trading rondo.

Raidaz4Life
06-24-2010, 10:05 AM
Wow I got a good laugh out of that one

unwantedplayer
06-24-2010, 10:08 AM
LMFAO ,MAN no ones gonna trade for that bum are you kidding? especially now he wont be ready til the all star break. he's a bum in every fascit of the word. he has no skills, doesnt even avg 10rbg, cant block like wtf
Are you high?

NickyNick
06-24-2010, 10:09 AM

have you ever watched basketball or are you still sour from the playoffs??? im not saying hes worth a lottery pick but saying perkins cant block is the dumbest thing ive heard in a while.....thats like saying durant cant score

Raoul Duke
06-24-2010, 10:17 AM
Wow. That's a slap in the face to Perk. It's also likely to piss Rondo off.

Unruly Fan
06-24-2010, 10:19 AM
Despite obvious ailments, Toronto should be one of the teams considering this.

MagicBucsSox
06-24-2010, 10:27 AM
have you ever watched basketball or are you still sour from the playoffs??? im not saying hes worth a lottery pick but saying perkins cant block is the dumbest thing ive heard in a while.....thats like saying durant cant score

man he avg ONE block at 7ft. ok 6'4 dwade does that too, im not saying he cant block shots im saying he's not even that good at it, he's not good at anything. he has no skills so get off my sack

spreadeagle
06-24-2010, 10:30 AM
Despite obvious ailments, Toronto should be one of the teams considering this.

#13 pick and weems.... Toronto needs Toughness and Defence more then any other team

Giantwarrior
06-24-2010, 10:31 AM
celtics always have lopsided trades

awmathewsjr
06-24-2010, 10:55 AM
I hope they do this trade and Perkins continues to be one of the best low presence players in the NBA, and the guy they get is a huge bust and Dwight Howard just ***** on them all day cause they don't have Perk to defend him.

I'd call him a solid low presence player, not one of the leagues best. But I do agree this would be a pretty sh**ty move on Boston's end.

awmathewsjr
06-24-2010, 11:00 AM

jeff for Kg.

So basically you're saying they should execute a trade reverse:facepalm:

tonyd3b54
06-24-2010, 11:03 AM
man he avg ONE block at 7ft. ok 6'4 dwade does that too, im not saying he cant block shots im saying he's not even that good at it, he's not good at anything. he has no skills so get off my sack

every team in the league would be all over the celtics ball sack if they want to trade perk... hes the best post defender in the league not named dwight howard... he plays amazing TEAM defense and hes one of the toughest players in the NBA... he is one of the main reasons the celtics still have a the best defense...

also perkins wasnt athletic to begin with so i doubt this injury will hinder his game at all...

beasted86
06-24-2010, 11:07 AM
He morons, Perkins didn't tear his ACL. It annoys me when one misinformed kid blurts out a comment and others just run with it like fact.

He tore his PCL & MCL, far less severe injuries with much lower recovery times. Either way this report seems like BS.

GSRaider
06-24-2010, 11:08 AM
That's cold of Boston

Kakaroach
06-24-2010, 11:11 AM
I'd want the Jazz to do a 9th overall for Perkins+19th overall type of trade but that injury to his ACL and MCL really scare me. I mean Okur is also gonna be out a while as well with that injury.

ZioAx
06-24-2010, 11:34 AM
Some one just posted what he tore, and kids still come in here saying he tore his ACL. lmao

LTBaByyy
06-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Are yall serious?!?!? He's the second best post defender in the whole league!!! What are yall talking about?? He gets injured and yall act like he's sorry he still gets good stats with the talent he plays with!! He's a team player!!! He didn't care about stats he cared about winning!! Like Marc gasol does, if he was on a losing team he would be a beast!!! Especially the eastern conference, this would be the biggest mistake of Boston bc he's only 25!! And he's rondos bestfriend so rondo will be pissed!!!!! And this draft is weak after 5!!!! Anyone is up for grabs in the lottery after 5

m26555
06-24-2010, 11:55 AM
LOL.

He's arguably the best low post defender in the NBA.

HipSlappyJoe
06-24-2010, 11:55 AM

he made dwight howard his *****.

THE_FLASH_21
06-24-2010, 12:04 PM
I wish Utah makes a trade.. they pick in the top 10.. Perkins.. and there 1st this year and next.. Which will be a pick in the late half of the first..

jackdawson
06-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Perkins is one of the best low post defenders in the league (RARE). A #1 pick may turn into a bust. He is a legit bigman. Plain and simple.

bostncelts34
06-24-2010, 12:10 PM

Wow, extremely intelligent post. Yes, Perk is a bum...that's why he is statistically one of the best low post defenders in the game. he was the best post up defender in the NBA Playoffs.

CelticCat
06-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Perkins, Davis, 19th pick, and late second round pick to Sacremento in hopes of landing DeMarcus Cousins at the 5 spot!

Ray_R
06-24-2010, 12:41 PM
dumbest kid ever....

every team in the league would be all over the celtics ball sack if they want to trade perk... hes the best post defender in the league not named dwight howard... he plays amazing TEAM defense and hes one of the toughest players in the NBA... he is one of the main reasons the celtics still have a the best defense...

also perkins wasnt athletic to begin with so i doubt this injury will hinder his game at all...

I think they are and Ithink everyone isgoing to pass on him.

magichatnumber9
06-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Dude grow up

shep33
06-24-2010, 12:58 PM
Perkins is one of my favorite players, he makes any team he's on better, and I don't know if there's any big man in the league that plays better one on one post defense, he's a great help defender, and has that nasty streak you want in a player.

Makes no sense, the Celts should get rid of an older player rather than him. What is he 24?

magichatnumber9
06-24-2010, 12:59 PM
he didn't tear his acl.... Ok just wanted everyone to see that

BouGa
06-24-2010, 01:00 PM
Its amazing the things people are posting in this thread, seems like half of you have zero knowledge of basketball or even have a clue what Perkins actually injured. Perk is a top 3if not the best big guy defender in basketball, he uses his body to perfection when hes bodying up guys. Hes not an offensive player by any means, idk why ppl are trashing on him for that, thats not his game.

Hes a guy who can fill in for any center role in the league for a team who needs it and they don't have to worry about that role for a while, hes still only 25 i believe, his injury isn't near as serious as some of you are making it out to be.

After saying all that, I don't want to move this guy at all, him and Rondo are 2 guys who should be the future of the Celtics and unless we can move into the top 5 which I HIGHLY doubt we shouldn't move him.

R0ckDizzle
06-24-2010, 01:02 PM
JAzz for #9

bigsams50
06-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Perk will be a C next year. You can bank on that

ElMarroAfamado
06-24-2010, 01:23 PM

just like rondo

JasonJohnHorn
06-24-2010, 01:23 PM

jeff for Kg.

lol

I thought there was no trade backs.

AI4MVP
06-24-2010, 01:30 PM
Perkins is ****ing overrated.

Dwight Howard
Shaq
Andrew Bogut
Yao Ming
Brook Lopez
Andrew Bynum
Joakim Noah
Brandon Haywood
Robin Lopez
Al Horford
Nene
Al Jefferson
Emeka Okafor
Greg Oden
Joel Pryzbila
Marcin Gortat
Sam Dalembert
Serge Ibaka
Roy Hibbert
Marc Gasol

those are the centers that i would undebateably take over kendrick perkins. there are alot of other ones that i would consider taking over him or are prolly just as good. in a time where the center position is lagging, hes not even top 20 in his position. if you replace him with any of those players, the celtics do better or just as good

if kendrick perkins wasnt on the celtics, noone would know his name

tdunk21
06-24-2010, 01:32 PM
dude is a tough defender....spurs could use him

J4KOP99
06-24-2010, 01:35 PM
I don't know if perkins deserves as much defensive credit as he gets. The Celtic's team defense is amazing, and yes Perkins is a part of that team but if Perkins played on the Suns or Mavs, I think Dwight or some of these other guys would go off on him. It makes a huge difference when you know after turning the corner, KG, Big Baby or Rasheed are going to be waiting.

hugepatsfan
06-24-2010, 01:36 PM
Blown out ACL? Why would someone deal off a lottery pick for someone who just blew out their knee?

Cuz they would get #19 back too. Perk (if healthy) is worth dropping back a to #19 unless you are picking way up in the draft.

KmB728
06-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Perkins is one of the best defensive big men in the league plain and simple

he is VERY underrated

KmB728
06-24-2010, 01:53 PM

Dwight Howard
Shaq
Andrew Bogut
Yao Ming
Brook Lopez
Andrew Bynum
Joakim Noah
Brandon Haywood
Robin Lopez
Al Horford
Nene
Al Jefferson
Emeka Okafor
Greg Oden
Joel Pryzbila
Marcin Gortat
Sam Dalembert
Serge Ibaka
Roy Hibbert
Marc Gasol

those are the centers that i would undebateably take over kendrick perkins. there are alot of other ones that i would consider taking over him or are prolly just as good. in a time where the center position is lagging, hes not even top 20 in his position. if you replace him with any of those players, the celtics do better or just as good

:laugh:

You would really rather have Oden? dude hasnt even played a full season

All the names in red are worse than Perk

robdog_5
06-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Perkins is the best defensive big man in the league. He doesn't ask for shots, he just plays tough and is a great team player. Anybody who doubts what he does is an absolute basketball moron

Ray_R
06-24-2010, 01:59 PM

People would have Noah better than Perk.

hugepatsfan
06-24-2010, 02:01 PM
People would have Noah better than Perk.

Depends on the team. For the Celtics, Noah wouldn't fit as well as Perk. They need a bigger C that can handle any opposing C one on one. Noah doesn't have the size to do it. I prefer the bigger C, so I would take Perk, but Noah is a fine player and I'd be more than happy to have him on my team.

69centers
06-24-2010, 02:04 PM

Dwight Howard
Shaq
Andrew Bogut
Yao Ming
Brook Lopez
Andrew Bynum
Joakim Noah
Brandon Haywood
Robin Lopez
Al Horford
Nene
Al Jefferson
Emeka Okafor
Greg Oden
Joel Pryzbila
Marcin Gortat
Sam Dalembert
Serge Ibaka
Roy Hibbert
Marc Gasol

Biggest crock of :bs: ever posted on PSD right here.

ccspence8
06-24-2010, 02:05 PM
I don't know what Ainge is thinking...he wanted to trade Rondo then signs him to a 5 yr deal. Now he wants to trade Perk to move up in what looks like a wash of a draft. It doesn't make sense, we should be letting go of Garnett or Pierce before we trade Perk whose under contract for small money...not to mention we have like no bigs on this team. The reason we lost Game 7 is because we have no one besides Perk getting rebounds. You know its a problem when your PG is 2nd on the team in rebounds most of the time. Rasheed is probably going to retire too.

Honestly in the draft we should get either James Anderson or Larry Sanders. Then try to see if anyone will take Garnett. If not, let Pierce hit FA and make a run a D-Wade, Bosh or Johnson. Resign Allen to be the the 6th man.

AI4MVP
06-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Biggest crock of :bs: ever posted on PSD right here.

you know what the worst thing about PSD is? idiots like you that reply to a post with insulting me rather then actually arguing it or giving a reason why im wrong. tell me how what i said is bs? tell me how kendrick perkins is undebatebaly better then any of those players?

hugepatsfan
I don't know what Ainge is thinking...he wanted to trade Rondo then signs him to a 5 yr deal. Now he wants to trade Perk to move up in what looks like a wash of a draft. It doesn't make sense, we should be letting go of Garnett or Pierce before we trade Perk whose under contract for small money...not to mention we have like no bigs on this team. The reason we lost Game 7 is because we have no one besides Perk getting rebounds. You know its a problem when your PG is 2nd on the team in rebounds most of the time. Rasheed is probably going to retire too.

Honestly in the draft we should get either James Anderson or Larry Sanders. Then try to see if anyone will take Garnett. If not, let Pierce hit FA and make a run a D-Wade, Bosh or Johnson. Resign Allen to be the the 6th man.

Maybe he's trying to rebuild. If he can get a good pick for Perk and #19, why not? He probably won't find any takers, so he'll just stay at 19 or move back. No harm in trying though.

thekmp211

Dwight Howard
Shaq
Andrew Bogut
Yao Ming
Brook Lopez
Andrew Bynum
Joakim Noah
Brandon Haywood
Robin Lopez
Al Horford
Nene
Al Jefferson
Emeka Okafor
Greg Oden
Joel Pryzbila
Marcin Gortat
Sam Dalembert
Serge Ibaka
Roy Hibbert
Marc Gasol

not even worth detailing the stupidity here point by point.

on topic, perkins is not going to get traded.

a. he is hurt
b. he is hurt
c. the celtics like him and he is relatively cheap

AI4MVP
06-24-2010, 02:10 PM

Are u ****ing me right now? Explain to me how Perkins is better then Al Horford, Joakim Noah, Marc Gasol, and even Emeka Okafor and Robin Lopez?

Kakaroach
06-24-2010, 02:10 PM
Kendrick Perkins is a very valuable player. He could make such a huge difference on a team like the Jazz. He does all of the dirty work, and its not like the team who is giving the lottery pick is falling out of the first round, they get the #19 pick, which isn't half-bad.

ccspence8
06-24-2010, 02:11 PM
you know what the worst thing about PSD is? idiots like you that reply to a post with insulting me rather then actually arguing it or giving a reason why im wrong. tell me how what i said is bs? tell me how kendrick perkins is undebatebaly better then any of those players?

I know this wasn't directed towards me, but Perkins is probably the 5th best C in the league. To say he isn't even top 10 is ridiculous, nevermind top 20.

Sportfan
06-24-2010, 02:12 PM

robdog_5
06-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Rondo and Perk are the piecs at the 1 an 5 for the next 5 years IMO. Need some players to fill in as Pierce, KG and Ray are past prime. IF we keep them it means 2nd round knockout and bad deals that hamstring Boston for a while. KG might be a good trade piece next year with his expiring deal and he's a crowd pleaser

ccspence8
Maybe he's trying to rebuild. If he can get a good pick for Perk and #19, why not? He probably won't find any takers, so he'll just stay at 19 or move back. No harm in trying though.

Lets say they even got something like the #10 pick, is it really even worth it in this draft? Who the hell would be playing C, ****in Scal. I mean seriously.

We need another scorer and another big man on this team.

hugepatsfan
Kendrick Perkins is a very valuable player. He could make such a huge difference on a team like the Jazz. He does all of the dirty work, and its not like the team who is giving the lottery pick is falling out of the first round, they get the #19 pick, which isn't half-bad.

Would you do 19 and Perk for #9 and trade exception/player (to make salary work)?

Sportfan
06-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Are u ****ing me right now? Explain to me how Perkins is better then Al Horford, Joakim Noah, Marc Gasol, and even Emeka Okafor and Robin Lopez?
he's a better post defender than all of them combined. 101 defensive rating, none of those guys are that good.

hugepatsfan
06-24-2010, 02:15 PM

Horford is better. Gasol is better. Noah is debateable (I like bigger Cs that can man up one on one, but Noah is great at what he does). Lopez isn't even close. Okafor is a similar player, probably a bit better. I don't see his defense enough to know for sure.

x_notorious
06-24-2010, 02:17 PM
I don't understand the hate on Perkins. Granted that he is a Celtic (:p) but he, along with Dwight Howard are the games best low post defenders. I also don't understand this move for the Celtics perspective. Essentially, they are trying to get younger by trading one of the more younger, core players? Any team in the league would welcome Perk with open arms on his defense and scolding face alone.

AI4MVP
06-24-2010, 02:18 PM
I know this wasn't directed towards me, but Perkins is probably the 5th best C in the league. To say he isn't even top 10 is ridiculous, nevermind top 20.

no way in hella perkins is a top 5 center in his league. are u kidding me right now?

Howard, Bogut, Ming, Lopez, Bynum, Noah, Horford, Jefferson. those are just 8 of the guys that an undebateably better then perkins. please tell me if perkins was traded for any of theses guys straight up that u would be upset about it. exactly

hugepatsfan
06-24-2010, 02:18 PM
I don't understand the hate on Perkins. Granted that he is a Celtic (:p) but he, along with Dwight Howard are the games best low post defenders. I also don't understand this move for the Celtics perspective. Essentially, they are trying to get younger by trading one of the more younger, core players? Any team in the league would welcome Perk with open arms on his defense and scolding face alone.

Good. We need more intelligent Laker fans here. Glad to see we have one in you.

hugepatsfan
06-24-2010, 02:19 PM
no way in hella perkins is a top 5 center in his league. are u kidding me right now?

Howard, Bogut, Ming, Lopez, Bynum, Noah, Horford, Jefferson. those are just 8 of the guys that an undebateably better then perkins. please tell me if perkins was traded for any of theses guys straight up that u would be upset about it. exactly

Al isn't a C. And you're right, he isn't top 5. But I would put him around #10.

thekmp211
06-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Dwight Howard -- best center in the league

Shaq -- old, slow and hurt, not better

Andrew Bogut -- former number one pick, good offense, better

Yao Ming -- if healthy, better

Brook Lopez -- best young center in league, better

Andrew Bynum -- inconsistent and injury prone, not better

Joakim Noah -- good defender/rebounder, slightly better

Brandon Haywood -- older, worse version of perk, not better

Robin Lopez -- poor mans noah, not better

Al Horford -- better

Nene -- better

Al Jefferson -- not a center

Emeka Okafor -- sucks, not better

Greg Oden -- hasnt played yet

Joel Pryzbila -- career backup

Marcin Gortat -- backup

Sam Dalembert -- not a good player

Serge Ibaka -- talented but young, not better

Roy Hibbert -- flashes on offense but a foul machine, not better

Marc Gasol -- great young center, better

more than half of these guys do not qualify as upgrades. maybe i would take them in nba 2k10, but not on a real life court.

his game is not flashy but he does dirty work and is probably the best post defender in the league. he has been to two finals as a starter.

is that explanation enough?

hugepatsfan
06-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Tier 1:

Dwight
Bogut
Yao
Brook

Tier 2:

M. Gasol
Bynum

I put Perk in Tier 3:

Perk
Noah

You could make the argument that Shaq is still better and maybe that Noah is too. That wpuld put Perk at #9.

magichatnumber9
06-24-2010, 02:23 PM
I know why there trading Perk but I'm not publicly allowed to say. Sorry

Lakersho
06-24-2010, 02:27 PM

then why post at all ?:eyebrow:

BAMF
06-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Perk's not goin anywhere.

AI4MVP
06-24-2010, 02:30 PM

i could prolly guess. prolly cuz his injury is career altering

KmB728
06-24-2010, 02:31 PM

i would kill myself if we traded perk for noah

tonyd3b54
06-24-2010, 02:34 PM
idiots vastly underrate the things that center is SUPPOSE TO DO!!!! perkins does all of them... he far and away a better defender then all the people ive seen mentioned not named dwight howard... and thats not just 1 on 1 D thats team D too... oh no he doesnt get a lot of blocks? he doesnt need to the guy misses 70 percent of the time wen perk is guarding him...all u do is look at numbers... wat perkins does cannot be shown in statistics but his value if far greater than a number that says 2 bocks per game or 15ppg...

Westbrook36
06-24-2010, 02:36 PM

Blocks mean nothing at all, Josh Smith is one of the best blockers in the League and that doesn't mean he's a good defender. We have a difference from post up defense to weak side help defense, where Perkins would fall into one of the better post up defenders in the NBA.

hugepatsfan
06-24-2010, 02:38 PM
i could prolly guess. prolly cuz his injury is career altering

If BOS dealt Perk w/out taking any salary back, they might be able to keep Pierce AND add JJ. They would have 25 mil in cap space if Pierce opted out and Sheed retired after the Perk deal. JJ gets 16.5 mil (max) and Pierce resigns a long term deal starting at 9.5 mil.

I doubt it, but that does make some sense if Pierce agrees. He did sayt he would takeless if it meant BOS could add a max. Danny also has been a big fan of JJ for a while (he wasn't here when we dealt him to PHX). Our owner also said last year that he wants to give a max out this offseason and that he could make it happen if he wanted to.

ccspence8
06-24-2010, 02:38 PM

Howard is #1 of course. Ming can't stay healthy so it doesn't even matter. Horford & Jefferson are better. Bogut & Noah aren't as good. Bynum & Perk are pretty much a tie. Lopez is probably better.

1. Howard
2. Horford
3. Jefferson
4. Lopez
5. Perkins/Bynum
6. Noah
7. Shaq
8. Nene
9. Okafor
10. Kaman

hugepatsfan
06-24-2010, 02:39 PM

Meh. We would have to change our style of defense though. Cuz Noah ain't bodying Shaq/Dwight or any other big C up like Perk can.

hugepatsfan
06-24-2010, 02:40 PM
Howard is #1 of course. Ming can't stay healthy so it doesn't even matter. Horford & Jefferson are better. Bogut & Noah aren't as good. Bynum & Perk are pretty much a tie. Lopez is probably better.

1. Howard
2. Horford
3. Jefferson
4. Lopez
5. Perkins/Bynum
6. Noah
7. Shaq
8. Nene
9. Okafor
10. Kaman

I thought so too - until the Finals. Bynum really showed me some skill. He is better than Perk.

wildfan7
06-24-2010, 02:43 PM
all i can say is....GROSS

Ray_R
06-24-2010, 02:44 PM

Okay.:rolleyes: Joakim Noah Out rebounded Perkins by 20 rebounds in game splits.

GEO123
06-24-2010, 02:45 PM
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/06/24/source-boston-offering-perkins-and-pick-in-draft-talks/ Didn't see this coming..

Typical BS stuff from Fanhouse. Here's a quote from Danny Ainge in Today's Herald..

“We’re not trying to move up,” said the Celtics president of basketball operations, seemingly putting to rest a prevalent rumor that the team was attempting to package the 19th pick and Kendrick Perkins in an attempt to move into lottery range.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/celtics/

And for those that say Perkins isn't any good? He's the best low post defender on Howard in the game. Plus he rebounds doesn't need the offense ran for him and makes only 4.3 million. Yeah he's a bum! His biggest negative is his injury right now.

hugepatsfan
06-24-2010, 02:46 PM
Okay.:rolleyes: Joakim Noah Out rebounded Perkins by 20 rebounds in game splits.

But Noah doesn't fit our defensive philosophy. What makes us so good on D is that we never double post players. Perk has the size to play this role. Noah doesn't. He is a good team defender, but he doesn't play the one on one low post D our scheme requires.

And I really like what Noah does, just not a fan of the fit in BOS.

Celtic AL
06-24-2010, 02:53 PM
Isn't Perkins young? I'm sure they could grab a solid SG/SF with their first round pick currently to add to this older team.

i would send Perk and the 19th to the State for monta ellis & the 6th Pick

ccspence8
06-24-2010, 03:00 PM
i would send Perk and the 19th to the State for monta ellis & the 6th Pick

He's a known cancer though, no?

Celtic AL
06-24-2010, 03:07 PM

i dont care we need a young Shooting Guard!

plpfctn
06-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Boston treats their players like crap. they've tried to trade everyone on their roster.

ldc62
06-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Danny Ainge has to realize that McHale isn't here to help him out anymore.

ldc62
06-24-2010, 05:08 PM

Sign my team up for this cancer then.

ZioAx
06-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Boston treats their players like crap. they've tried to trade everyone on their roster.

Exploring possible trades is treating players like crap? Laker fan of course.

_KB24_
06-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Perk is no way in hell worth a lottery pick. Heck, even a first rounder for him is pushing it. You put him on any other team besides Boston and we would be asking our selves who is this guy? :shrug:

Corey
06-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Perk is no way in hell worth a lottery pick. Heck, even a first rounder for him is pushing it. You put him on any other team besides Boston and we would be asking our selves who is this guy? :shrug:

Because you've seen him play in a system that asks him to be more than just a defensive leader?

Right, that's what I thought. Assumptions are awfully silly.

magichatnumber9
06-24-2010, 05:29 PM
But Noah doesn't fit our defensive philosophy. What makes us so good on D is that we never double post players. Perk has the size to play this role. Noah doesn't. He is a good team defender, but he doesn't play the one on one low post D our scheme requires.

And I really like what Noah does, just not a fan of the fit in BOS.Tibs made it very clear in his press conference Rose and Noah are going to fit his defensive philosophy no matter what.

dtmagnet
06-24-2010, 05:30 PM
We could use a guy like him in Toronto.

magichatnumber9
06-24-2010, 05:31 PM
Thank You for that compliment. You basically just said every team in the league has no clue what there doing besides the Celtics. Cheers Mate

netsgiantsyanks
06-24-2010, 05:46 PM

jeff for Kg.

thats just a repeat of the trade that SENT kg to the celtics

kblo247
06-24-2010, 05:54 PM
Exploring possible trades is treating players like crap? Laker fan of course.

I'd say pushing them out the door when they got hurt playing for you counts though as that is what they did to both Powe and Perk. They probably would have done it to KG if the deal wasn't so high.

The Raven
06-24-2010, 06:02 PM
Thats pretty messed up considering he played his *** off to get them to game 7. Thats the celtics for ya

unwantedplayer
06-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Lol, many of you guys act like the Celtics are *******s for exploring a trade. This is a business, not an entertainment show. The past is the past, sometimes you have to make moves.

tonyd3b54
06-24-2010, 06:12 PM
I'd say pushing them out the door when they got hurt playing for you counts though as that is what they did to both Powe and Perk. They probably would have done it to KG if the deal wasn't so high.

arent laker fans clamoring for a sign and trade the injured bynum for bosh? o wait i thought the lakers "cared" about their players :rolleyes: ....

bosoxlover12
06-24-2010, 06:42 PM
arent laker fans clamoring for a sign and trade the injured bynum for bosh? o wait i thought the lakers "cared" about their players :rolleyes: ....

:clap:

jdmd3
06-24-2010, 06:52 PM
Perkins' injury must have been really serious. I don't think a healthy Perkins only amounts to a lottery pick this year.

jimbobjarree
06-24-2010, 06:58 PM
shame about his knee or I'd be all over this as a Jazz fan

CowboysKB24
06-24-2010, 07:02 PM
I am a fan of Perkins, but the Celtics might be thinking that their system makes him better than he is??? I don't know. He is a great defensive center and will help out another team. I don't know if the person they land in the draft will end up being better. i think it is a gamble. They should throw Ray Allen in there.

ZioAx
06-24-2010, 07:37 PM

1. The rumors around Perk could be completely untrue

2. He probably isnt even aware of the rumors, he cant be treated like crap when its not affecting him in any way.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
06-24-2010, 07:58 PM
i wonder if they would trade him to milwauakee id love to see him play along side bogut we couild give the 15 pick n redds expiring n maybe luc richard or ersan ilyasova wonder if thats enough any thoughts

Super.
06-25-2010, 12:18 AM

Perkins is the best down-low post defender in the league

KB24PG16
06-25-2010, 12:32 AM
Tier 1:

Dwight
Bogut
Yao
Brook

Tier 2:

M. Gasol
Bynum

I put Perk in Tier 3:

Perk
Noah

You could make the argument that Shaq is still better and maybe that Noah is too. That wpuld put Perk at #9.
i agree with that order but i wouldnt put bogut and brooks in the same light as d12

hugepatsfan
06-25-2010, 12:36 AM
i agree with that order but i wouldnt put bogut and brooks in the same light as d12

True. What I meant by Tier 1 is that those 4 are light years ahead of the rest of the Cs in the NBA.

dodie53
06-25-2010, 01:37 AM
lottery pick for an injured center?
no thanks.

bagwell368
06-25-2010, 08:24 AM
he's a bum in every fascit of the word. he has no skills, doesnt even avg 10rbg, cant block like wtf

what an ignorant statement. he's the best defender in the league against Howard, how is that not a skill? He's the #5 option on a team with 4 HOF starters - and it's true he's not much of a ball handler or shooter outside of 4 feet (but he knows that - that's why he was 2nd in FG shooting this year with a .602%.

Have you heard of defense? He was 6th in blocks last year, 9th this year. His defensive rating was 4th two years ago, and 5th last year.

A 10.1/7.6 this year puts him easily into the top 15 centers. His D moves him up to the #10 range. As for rebounding, if he played 36 minutes a game his yearly totals would be 9.9 both of the last two years.

He's never going to be an all time great, but he's far better then you think.

J4KOP99
06-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Because you've seen him play in a system that asks him to be more than just a defensive leader?

Right, that's what I thought. Assumptions are awfully silly.

Irony at its finest.

You are infering or assuming that Perkins would be better offensively if he were asked to do more on the offensive end. Where are you getting that from?

Perkins is a good defender, that's it. From what everyone knows at this point, he has zero offensive game, so you are the one making the assumptions. Other people are basing these statements off of what actually happens, not what "may" happen if he were in another system. There is no reason to think he would be anything more than what he is now.

Unless you have some inside information or watch him every day during practice, nobody can say he is a solid offensive player. It's not like he is hiding some great post moves until he finds himself on a team like Pheonix or Dallas....

** Waiting for "typical Lakers fan" responses.

Corey
06-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Irony at its finest.

You are infering or assuming that Perkins would be better offensively if he were asked to do more on the offensive end. Where are you getting that from?

Perkins is a good defender, that's it. From what everyone knows at this point, he has zero offensive game, so you are the one making the assumptions. Other people are basing these statements off of what actually happens, not what "may" happen if he were in another system. There is no reason to think he would be anything more than what he is now.

Unless you have some inside information or watch him every day during practice, nobody can say he is a solid offensive player. It's not like he is hiding some great post moves until he finds himself on a team like Pheonix or Dallas....

** Waiting for "typical Lakers fan" responses.
Perkins has solid post moves, and all of his points come off offensive rebounds and put backs. They run next to nothing for him on offense, because of Pierce, Allen, Garnett, and Rondo. He's the fifth option on a team with very good scorers.

So yes, I am saying he would put up bigger numbers if he were actually ASKED to do so.

Corey
06-25-2010, 10:35 AM

They pushed Powe out the door?

His contract was up. Nice try.