PDA

View Full Version : Raptors and Blazers talking deal

AI4MVP
06-24-2010, 12:23 AM
According the ESPNs bottomline the Blazers and Raps are in serious discussions about the Raptors receiving Rudy Fernandez and the 22nd pick in the draft in exchange for the 13th pick..

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/2010/06/blazers_discussing_deal_that_w.html

LTBaByyy
06-24-2010, 12:24 AM
WHAT happened to derozan?!?!?! hahaha
I guess they gave up on him and rudy is their new future

D Roses Bulls
06-24-2010, 12:25 AM
Derozan like i told most raps fans was overrated

29$JerZ
06-24-2010, 12:27 AM
Actually I think Toronto would use Rudy as a SF, Derozan is a solid player. Since Toronto isn't much of a defensive team it would work.

KB24PG16
06-24-2010, 12:28 AM
ive always liked rudy

SugeKnight
06-24-2010, 12:29 AM
Rudy proved we was not a starter when he disappeared in the playoffs when Roy was injured

DaoudS
:facepalm: at responses and a bigger :facepalm: if this deal goes through.

Glenfidish
rudy is a scrub no thank you.. Its just a rumour like all others.. Colangelo aint that dumb.

Raptor-54
terrible trade for Raptors :facepalm:

Ragun
06-24-2010, 12:30 AM
who said rudy would be a starter?

and pass on this deal.

Rego247
06-24-2010, 12:30 AM

right overate a guy whose 20 yrs old and his first year in the league. how he hell is he overrated? pls explain.

Lakers4ItAll
06-24-2010, 12:33 AM
I think its always a good trade for the team that gets a proven player for a draft pick

Gibby
06-24-2010, 12:34 AM
Rudy aint that much better than the SG/SF the raps have now (weems, derozen, wright, belinelli). he aint that much better for the raps to drop down 9 spots in the draft.

dont do it BC

Glenfidish
06-24-2010, 12:35 AM
I think its always a good trade for the team that gets a proven player for a draft pick

In this case a proven bench warmer! uhh no thank you laker fan :D

D Roses Bulls
06-24-2010, 12:35 AM
right overate a guy whose 20 yrs old and his first year in the league. how he hell is he overrated? pls explain.

the exact definition of overrated is to rate too highly and thats what a lot of people on this site did.because the kid had a vertical some people were acting like he was the next coming of vince carter or something.

DaoudS
06-24-2010, 12:37 AM
the exact definition of overrated is to rate too highly and thats what a lot of people on this site did.because the kid had a vertical some people were acting like he was the next coming of vince carter or something.

Over hyped? Yes. But he certainly has a bright future. Don't turn this into a bash thread.

Glenfidish

So are you saying that after 1 year its not a possibility still? do you forget kobe and jordan didnt take off until later in there careers?:facepalm:

Kakaroach
Yeah I wouldn't like this deal if I were a Raptors fan either. Move down 9 spots for Rudy seems tempting but mid-early first to mid-late first has a pretty big gap.

Gibby
06-24-2010, 12:38 AM

i dont know about overated but i think he is talking how alot of rap fans are so convinced he is going to be a star.

D Roses Bulls
06-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Over hyped? Yes. But he certainly has a bright future. Don't turn this into a bash thread.

yea i probably should of said over hyped, but come on..... you guys on psd take potential too highly now a days.

Gibby
06-24-2010, 12:42 AM
So are you saying that after 1 year its not a possibility still? do you forget kobe and jordan didnt take off until later in there careers?:facepalm:

its a possibility he could be great. but what signs are there after 1 year in the league for rap fans to be so confident. only indication is his raw talent but we ve seen many players with raw talent flop.

D Roses Bulls
06-24-2010, 12:44 AM

Jordan averaged 28 points a game his rookie season. kobe was coming out of high school in a much tougher era in the NBA and only played 15 minutes a game and put up pretty equal numbers with demarr while demarr played 7 more minutes a game. but if you are so confident he will be good, we can put a bet on it.

Gibby
06-24-2010, 12:45 AM
yea i probably should of said over hyped, but come on..... you guys on psd take potential too highly now a days.

i agree with you 100%. i followed the raps throughout the year, so many posters have such high expectations for him.

heathonater
fine with this deal. rudy didnt show very much last year and he began complaining about his role. getting a top 13 pick would be a good deal for rudy.

D Roses Bulls
its a possibility he could be great. but what signs are there after 1 year in the league for rap fans to be so confident. only indication is his raw talent but we ve seen many players with raw talent flop.

thank you....... prime example is tyrus thomas, but i wouldnt say he was a complete bust, but on the border line.

BradyIsTheMan12
06-24-2010, 12:46 AM
fine with this deal. rudy didnt show very much last year and he began complaining about his role. getting a top 13 pick would be a good deal for rudy.

Ditto. Then we can draft Xavier Henry or Avery Bradley which would be good for us. Rudy came in thinking he was entitled to a role in Portland and ended up getting overpassed fairly easily by Batum and others.

DaoudS
06-24-2010, 12:47 AM

Okay, and? What else do fans have to hold on to with a rookie? The same could be said for Bulls, Heat, Nets, Knicks fan holding up free agency on a pedestal that might not ever be reached.

Double edged sword - attacked a fan favorite if a rival won't exactly make people respond positively or with respect.

I am not saying DeRozan will sniff Jordan's, Carter's or Kobe's jock - but he DOES have potential and the work ethic to hopefully reach this potential. And that potential is what excites a fan.

D Roses Bulls
06-24-2010, 12:48 AM
i dont know about overated but i think he is talking how alot of rap fans are so convinced he is going to be a star.

yea i was talking about that cause most rap fans thought this guywas gonna be rookie of the year and average 15-18 ppg

Glenfidish
06-24-2010, 12:50 AM
i agree with you 100%. i followed the raps throughout the year, so many posters have such high expectations for him.

stop kissing culito gibby lol.. Its called having faith in our players! Nothing wrong with that. We believe you dont thats the difference.:facepalm:

Raps18-19 Champ
06-24-2010, 12:50 AM

Some of you guys have Rose as a top 3 PG, sometimes even top 2. Now that is over rated.

mavwar53
06-24-2010, 12:52 AM
rudy is best being the 2nd man off the bench.

Glenfidish
06-24-2010, 12:52 AM
Jordan averaged 28 points a game his rookie season. kobe was coming out of high school in a much tougher era in the NBA and only played 15 minutes a game and put up pretty equal numbers with demarr while demarr played 7 more minutes a game. but if you are so confident he will be good, we can put a bet on it.

Derozan started and may have averaged more minutes but he rarely got the rock as fifth option on the team that has bosh,turk,andrea,jose and jack ahead of him.. If you watched down the stretch after bosh got hurt he was able to get more touches and showed what he was capable of 20+ points a game..

E-Man117
06-24-2010, 12:53 AM
i like rudy, a rudy bellinelli swap would be fine with me, id rather have rudys hustle plays over marcos "belli-ball". but with their being SOME depth in this years draft, id still take whoever falls 13 over a rotational guy who may be a good player, but doesnt address any needs the Raps have. Good player, bad deal. BC should have bigger fish to fry than Rudy Fernandez (PS- my psychic sense it telling me Rubio to Raps this year).

D Roses Bulls
06-24-2010, 12:53 AM
Okay, and? What else do fans have to hold on to with a rookie? The same could be said for Bulls, Heat, Nets, Knicks fan holding up free agency on a pedestal that might not ever be reached.

Double edged sword - attacked a fan favorite if a rival won't exactly make people respond positively or with respect.

I am not saying DeRozan will sniff Jordan's, Carter's or Kobe's jock - but he DOES have potential and the work ethic to hopefully reach this potential. And that potential is what excites a fan.

potential is overrated. kwame brown had potential. everyone that gets drafted has potential. all i said was this guy was overrated or i should of said over hyped. he didnt do anything really impressive his rookie year that made me go WOW!!! he might be something in 3 years or so. he can dunk, ill give him that, but i just didnt see any flashes that made me go wow. i am just giving my own opinion. even if i gave demarr his props, some people would still respond negatively. its psd........ i mean people love to argue on here. he just didnt do anything that stands out in my mind. rookie or not, all rookies show some flashes everyone once in a while of how great they could be.i dont remember him showing me anything really.

E-Man117
06-24-2010, 12:56 AM
and i wouldnt say Derozan has proven himself as a 20+point scorer consistantly YET. dont get me wrong im a huge Derozan fan, i do believe he will get there, im just saying last year he did not prove that he could score 20+ consistantly, for the reasons you mentioned above (5th option, etc etc).

D Roses Bulls
06-24-2010, 12:56 AM
Derozan started and may have averaged more minutes but he rarely got the rock as fifth option on the team that has bosh,turk,andrea,jose and jack ahead of him.. If you watched down the stretch after bosh got hurt he was able to get more touches and showed what he was capable of 20+ points a game..

as a bullsfan i was watching down the stretch. remember bulls and raptors were fighting for the playoff spot. he had one 20 pt game on that stretch. jannero pargo also had multiple 20 point games earlier in his career and how did that work out? if derozen was that good, he wouldnt of been a fifth option rookie or not.

Glenfidish
06-24-2010, 12:58 AM
and i wouldnt say Derozan has proven himself as a 20+point scorer consistantly YET. dont get me wrong im a huge Derozan fan, i do believe he will get there, im just saying last year he did not prove that he could score 20+ consistantly, for the reasons you mentioned above (5th option, etc etc).

that was my point because of fifth option.. That eventually will change as he takes on a bigger role this year.. last ten to fifteen games of the season he went on fire and showed some spectacular things.

29$JerZ
06-24-2010, 12:59 AM
as a bullsfan i was watching down the stretch. remember bulls and raptors were fighting for the playoff spot. he had one 20 pt game one that stretch. jannero pargo also had multiple 20 point games earlier in his career and how did that work out? if derozen was that good, he wouldnt of been a fifth option.

That's a very narrow minded way to analyze someone

Every team has a different situation so you can't say he isn't going to be a very good player because as of now he isn't a top option.

Does Rondo become the player we know now if New Jersey or New York take him instead of Balkman and Williams?

Raps18-19 Champ
06-24-2010, 12:59 AM
as a bullsfan i was watching down the stretch. remember bulls and raptors were fighting for the playoff spot. he had one 20 pt game on that stretch. jannero pargo also had multiple 20 point games earlier in his career and how did that work out? if derozen was that good, he wouldnt of been a fifth option.

Are you kidding me?

Kobe wasn't doing much his rookie season. Look how that turned out.

Raps fans brag about his potential. We all knew it wasn't coming right away though.

Glenfidish
06-24-2010, 01:01 AM
as a bullsfan i was watching down the stretch. remember bulls and raptors were fighting for the playoff spot. he had one 20 pt game on that stretch. jannero pargo also had multiple 20 point games earlier in his career and how did that work out? if derozen was that good, he wouldnt of been a fifth option rookie or not.

Derozan as we speak is a project in the making. An athletic explosive talented young kid who still has to mature and get stronger. Pargo doesnt even have 1/3 of derozans natural ability's.. Thats apples and oranges comparison.. And derozan was good, but bosh/turk and andrea are great!

D Roses Bulls
06-24-2010, 01:02 AM
Are you kidding me?

Kobe wasn't doing much his rookie season. Look how that turned out.

Raps fans brag about his potential. We all knew it wasn't coming right away though.

kobe wasnt starting, kobe only played 15 minutes a game behind a all star at the time in eddie jones and im sorry man, but a lot of raptors fans thought it was coming in a certain extent with phrases like demarr is going to be rookie of the year or hes going to average 18 points a game and so on and so on. im not saying you, but i remember seeing it. i remember seeing all the demarr sigs and stuff like that.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-24-2010, 01:04 AM
kobe wasnt starting, kobe only played 15 minutes a game behind a all star at the time in eddie jones and im sorry man, but a lot of raptors fans thought it was coming in a certain extent with phrases like demarr is going to be rookie of the year or hes going to average 18 points a game and so on and so on. im not saying you, but i remember seeing it. i remember seeing all the demarr sigs and stuff like that.

We were excited cuz we were POTENTIALLY getting a guy who could be great in the future.

Joakim Noah was crap in his rookie season but all you Bulls fans are on him. Hell he isn't even that special to be honest. He's already 25 and he's not going to improve that much in the next year or 2.

raps14
06-24-2010, 01:05 AM

As a rookie he almost put up as many points as Noah...lol

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap::clap:

Hellcrooner
06-24-2010, 01:05 AM
people have no ****ing clue what rudy is

Thanl ks a lot Nate Mcburguer youve ruined his reputation.

BradyIsTheMan12
06-24-2010, 01:06 AM
people have no ****ing clue what rudy is

Thanl ks a lot Nate Mcburguer youve ruined his reputation.

How'd Sergio turn out after he left?

Glenfidish
06-24-2010, 01:07 AM

realistically speaking it could have happened if bosh,jose,jack,andrea and turk passed him the rock.. It became more of a play more defense and forget about you on the offense. Coach wanted him to get the feel of the game and stay in games more importantly to get that experience. If the rock came towards his way it was a bonus.. That will change this year i guarantee you

Gibby
06-24-2010, 01:09 AM
stop kissing culito gibby lol.. Its called having faith in our players! Nothing wrong with that. We believe you dont thats the difference.:facepalm:

im excited for the kid and hope turns out to be good. Im just saying its not a sure thing.

"Its called having in faith in our players!"

i am sure you have faith in Patrick O'Bryant will turn into a superstar since he our player.

this thread turn into arguement about derozen. were using facts and our knowledge to argue this. The whole deal about having faith is BS. you just brought that in because i didnt agree with you.

as a raptor fan, i will cheer for the raptors and the raptor players. but not make stupid claims even when i dont believe them.

D Roses Bulls
06-24-2010, 01:10 AM
Derozan as we speak is a project in the making. An athletic explosive talented young kid who still has to mature and get stronger. Pargo doesnt even have 1/3 of derozans natural ability's.. Thats apples and oranges comparison.. And derozan was good, but bosh/turk and andrea are great!

look..... he is a project. he is still very young and very raw, and yes you are right its like comparing apples and oranges, but you brought up the 20 pt game stat and i was trying to tell you how that stat means absolutely nothing. like i said, the guys in the league who usually turn out to be good/great show flashes of it, sometimes even the busts show flashes of great they could be and turn out to be nothing, but i dont ever remember one flash of greatness from him besides in college and in college you cant really judge because they are playing against guys smaller, not as strong, and ect. I have my opinion and you have yours. i know im not a NBA scout or even a college scout, but im pretty good and pretty accurate with this kind of stuff. if someone wants to prove me wrong, just bet with me. not saying you in particular, but im sure im going to be on psd for a good while. so just make a sig bet with me or something. if im wrong, ill admit im wrong, but im pretty confident. for now though, its kind of pointless to argue or go back and fourth about this. its my opinion, just prove me wrong.

Gibby
06-24-2010, 01:13 AM
realistically speaking it could have happened if bosh,jose,jack,andrea and turk passed him the rock.. It became more of a play more defense and forget about you on the offense. Coach wanted him to get the feel of the game and stay in games more importantly to get that experience. If the rock came towards his way it was a bonus.. That will change this year i guarantee you

the arguement he will be better if he got more touches is crap. things will get tougher if becomes a focal point. i dont think he was ready to handle more touches.

abe_froman
06-24-2010, 01:14 AM
good deal for portland,but do the raps need another 2??

Hellcrooner
06-24-2010, 01:15 AM
How'd Sergio turn out after he left?

try to hcheck my toughs on serigo on psd.

Never believed in him.
An dafe 3 years of mind starving benching of course he was damaged goods.

Rudy is another history has skilss sergi onever had and its probably still in time to recover from Mcburgers racist torture.

vash9
Rudy Fernandez..is a straight up beast...

Glenfidish
im excited for the kid and hope turns out to be good. Im just saying its not a sure thing.

"Its called having in faith in our players!"

i am sure you have faith in Patrick O'Bryant will turn into a superstar since he our player.

this thread turn into arguement about derozen. were using facts and our knowledge to argue this. The whole deal about having faith is BS. you just brought that in because i didnt agree with you.

as a raptor fan, i will cheer for the raptors and the raptor players. but not make stupid claims even when i dont believe them.

i dont think believing that derozan can become a star in this league is stupid by anymeans. Having faith or belief or confidence in yourself to be the best you can be is a natural gift of god. I have faith obryant can bounce back and contribute in some way or shape. But i also have faith and belief that Derozan will kick *** and prove all doubters (the same ones who did not want him drafted as a raptor) that he will become a "FORCE".. I will bet anything on that!;)

D Roses Bulls
06-24-2010, 01:16 AM
We were excited cuz we were POTENTIALLY getting a guy who could be great in the future.

Joakim Noah was crap in his rookie season but all you Bulls fans are on him. Hell he isn't even that special to be honest. He's already 25 and he's not going to improve that much in the next year or 2.

joakim was in a different situation at the time his rookie year. the team was in shambles, he was being suspended for stupid things like the players took a team vote to suspend him cause he spoke out on players who werent practicing hard and such. but joakim did show he could be a good defensive player his rookie year and a good passer. he also won 2 championships in college and took a step back on his offense to defer to horford more because he knew he was the defensive anchor of the team. noah is a team player and if you go back in my earlier threads, i had arguments with bulls fans saying i was crazy that i thought noah would be good one day and if he didnt get injured before the all star break he would of been voted in the game. you saw the flashes his rookie season and if you actually watched him in college, you knew he could score when he was deferred to. look what he did in the playoff series vs the cavs. like i said, someone prove me wrong. until then im done going back and fourth.

Gibby
06-24-2010, 01:18 AM
good deal for portland,but do the raps need another 2??

they need a good 2. the raps do have alot of 2/3 but rudy is not significantly better than them.

D Roses Bulls
06-24-2010, 01:18 AM

oh and your lucky you said this before the season started or you would of broke our bet. so get your shots in now about the bulls cause once the season starts i dont wanna hear anything negative about the bulls or the players ;)

Glenfidish
06-24-2010, 01:21 AM
:D
the arguement he will be better if he got more touches is crap. things will get tougher if becomes a focal point. i dont think he was ready to handle more touches.

You dont need to use them kinda words to get a point across.. We can debate without throwing in nasty words. You have been in here long enough to know that.. Are you not a moderator? have some class and show respect so respect can be given back to you. Dont abuse your power:mad:

I think the sky is the limit as for more touches. We will never know cause he didnt get it.. As far as myself, the more i get the better i play.

Hellcrooner
id much rather se ehim traded to Ny or chicago he doe snot need another fight to gain his minutes and touches with some overated flashy balhoging atheltic american dude

and NO im NOT talking bout ROY.

Raps18-19 Champ
joakim was in a different situation at the time his rookie year. the team was in shambles, he was being suspended for stupid things like the players took a team vote to suspend him cause he spoke out on players who werent practicing hard and such. but joakim did show he could be a good defensive player his rookie year and a good passer. he also won 2 championships in college and took a step back on his offense to defer to horford more because he knew he was the defensive anchor the team. noah is a team player and if you go back in my earlier threads, i had arguments with bulls fans saying i was crazy that i thought noah would be good one day and if he didnt get injured before the all star break he would of been voted in the game. you saw the flashes his rookie season and if you actually watched him in college, you knew he could score when he was deferred to. look what he did in the playoff series vs the cavs. like i said, someone prove me wrong. until then im done going back and fourth.

Derozan is in a situation where he's 5th or 6th on offense. Derozan also puts in effort to become better even coming to T-dot earlier this week so he can work on his game. Derozan also showed he takes pride in defense and is capable of scoring 9 PPG. Derozan is also a team player who actually passed more than he should have to get other team mates involved.

So I can make great statements about Derozan too. And all of that was true. So I really don't get what you are talking about. If you were high on Noah in his rookie season but not on Derozan when he has greater potential and had a better rookie season, I don't know how you thinking.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-24-2010, 01:22 AM
oh and your lucky you said this before the season started or you would of broke our bet. so get your shots in now about the bulls cause once the season starts i dont wanna hear anything negative about the bulls or the players ;)

Don't worry. When LBJ comes there, I'd be on my knees for real.

D Roses Bulls
06-24-2010, 01:27 AM
Derozan is in a situation where he's 5th or 6th on offense. Derozan also puts in effort to become better even coming to T-dot earlier this week so he can work on his game. Derozan also showed he takes pride in defense and is capable of scoring 9 PPG. Derozan is also a team player who actually passed more than he should have to get other team mates involved.

So I can make great statements about Derozan too. And all of that was true. So I really don't get what you are talking about. If you were high on Noah in his rookie season but not on Derozan when he has greater potential and had a better rookie season, I don't know how you thinking.

ok i will answer this last thing and then im stopping. i was high on noah cause i am a huge gator fan, i watch noah so i knew what he could become. noah wasnt expected to come into the league putting up monster numbers in points, but did in the cavs series. noah isnt suppose to be a scorer in many peoples eyes, but was in the playoffs and when he was healthy this season. demarr is suppose to be this good scorer and if he was such a good scorer he wouldnt of been a 5th option. they would of found a way to get him the ball then. like roses rookie season ok. the first option was gordon, but when rose proved he could score, they were getting him the ball more and more and he moved up on the team. all im saying is you guys way over hyped him. sorry if im ruining your guys fantasies about his potential, but i just dont see it. like i said, i could be wrong, but im betting im not gonna be wrong. anyways though man im done talkin about this.we'll just watch and see. i hope he does well, but IMO i dont think hes going to be cracked up to be what you guys are hoping he will be.

ldc62
06-24-2010, 01:27 AM

How bout you say this after he plays 2 more years.... Hes a hard worker and actually puts in his minutes. If that makes him overrated then I'd take that.

Stunner
06-24-2010, 01:29 AM
Once again BC stack with overseas flair smh when is he gonna learn dumb deal for the Raptors if this happens Should focus on getting better on Defense and let Demar become their 2 guard. Rudy cant play the 3. Should go for a center with the 13 pick since Bosh is leaving and move Bargs to the PF.

ldc62
06-24-2010, 01:29 AM
I rather draft Xavier Henry than have Rudy.... BC better not make this trade. Or just draft Whiteside. I'm getting sick of these moves (though I was happy when we got Marco).

Raps18-19 Champ
06-24-2010, 01:30 AM
ok i will answer this last thing and then im stopping. i was high on noah cause i am a huge gator fan, i watch noah so i knew what he could become. noah wasnt expected to come into the league putting up monster numbers in points, but did in the cavs series. noah isnt suppose to be a scorer in many peoples eyes, but was in the playoffs and when he was healthy this season. demarr is suppose to be this good scorer and if he was such a good scorer he wouldnt of been a 5th option. they would of found a way to get him the ball then. like roses rookie season ok. the first option was gordon, but when rose proved he could score, they were getting him the ball more and more and he moved up on the team. all im saying is you guys way over hyped him. sorry if im ruining your guys fantasies about his potential, but i just dont see it. like i said, i could be wrong, but im betting im not gonna be wrong. anyways though man im done talkin about this.we'll just watch and see. i hope he does well, but IMO i dont think hes going to be cracked up to be what you guys are hoping he will be.

Rose is more NBA ready though.

Derozan is strictly Raw. Expects say he needed the other year of college before going in the NBA. The fact that he last in the NBA that good in his rookie season suprised me.

ldc62
06-24-2010, 01:31 AM
BC needs to remember the Raps are not the Suns. He can't just plug in 3 pt shooters and expect someone like Nash to be able to take over...

Hellcrooner
06-24-2010, 01:32 AM
BTW IM sick of spaiards aways falling in the same ttwo nflashy no history tams of memphis and toronto.

D Roses Bulls
06-24-2010, 01:33 AM
Don't worry. When LBJ comes there, I'd be on my knees for real.

if he does, come over to our side. it will be so much better and we could use some more cool people rooting for the bulls :)

BradyIsTheMan12
06-24-2010, 01:33 AM
BTW IM sick of spaiards aways falling in the same ttwo nflashy no history tams of memphis and toronto.

Who cares.

Hellcrooner
06-24-2010, 01:35 AM
btw something raptors should know.

RUdy wa sin conversations to go back to spain.

he wats to be a starter he was even ready to simply leave VBlazers and send them to hell and go back WITH OR WIZTHOUTH permision.

SO raptors shoudl talk to him because if they plan to have him back up rderozan he will do what he intended and they woudl ahve traded the pck o NOTHING:

Raps18-19 Champ
06-24-2010, 01:37 AM
BTW, **** this trade.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-24-2010, 01:38 AM
if he does, come over to our side. it will be so much better and we could use some more cool people rooting for the bulls :)

Not if but WHEN.

ink
06-24-2010, 01:39 AM

I agree, he is really over-rated by our forum, but I don't want Fernandez as the starter.

ldc62
06-24-2010, 01:40 AM

Yeah because LA wants a team full of Spaniards?

Kakaroach
06-24-2010, 01:40 AM
It would seem pretty crowded with DeRozan+Weems+Wright+Belinelli+Fernandez as the wing players. But I'm sure BC would move more than one if this deal would to go through.

ldc62
06-24-2010, 01:42 AM

I rather see Bosh in Chicago than Lebrick...

ink
06-24-2010, 01:43 AM
It would seem pretty crowded with DeRozan+Weems+Wright+Belinelli+Fernandez as the wing players. But I'm sure BC would move more than one if this deal would to go through.

Wright is a FA, but your point is well taken. IMO none of those players are really starters either, so the Raptors would have 4 backups again in the two wing positions. Great.

And last year Belinelli couldn't even shoot consistently enough to make it as the 9th man.

D Roses Bulls
06-24-2010, 01:44 AM
I rather see Bosh in Chicago than Lebrick...

I'd rather see both of them in Chicago :)

Sadds The Gr8
06-24-2010, 01:46 AM

Rose was the #1 pick and was supposed to get touches on a team that didnt have much talent and wasnt supposed to contend for a playoff spot. And plus, you only mentioned Gordon being ahead of Rose....thats only one guy compared to Demar's 5 being ahead of him. And Demar was a #9 pick that just came into a team expected to compete in the east and make a decent playoff run and his job was just to contribute to a little of the scoring. There was clearly 5 guys ahead of Derozan, compared to one ahead of Rose.

It's so hilarious how people claim to know alot about ball, then call people busts after one season.

On-topic: I hope this trade doesn't go down....we already have enough wing players. We should be after a big or a PG.

D Roses Bulls
06-24-2010, 01:53 AM
Rose was the #1 pick and was supposed to get touches on a team that didnt have much talent and wasnt supposed to contend for a playoff spot. And plus, you only mentioned Gordon being ahead of Rose....thats only one guy compared to Demar's 5 being ahead of him. And Demar was a #9 pick that just came into a team expected to compete in the east and make a decent playoff run and his job was just to contribute to a little of the scoring. There was clearly 5 guys ahead of Derozan, compared to one ahead of Rose.

It's so hilarious how people claim to know alot about ball, then call people busts after one season.

On-topic: I hope this trade doesn't go down....we already have enough wing players. We should be after a big or a PG.

i never called him a bust. i said he was overrated or over hyped on here. second demarr was the number 9 pick. if you are a lottery pick you are expected to have an impact on your team right away. thats the general idea. i didnt think i had to name otherscause i figured you were smart enough to know who was on the bulls roster but since you want me to name them lets see...... gordon, hinrich, deng (till he got hurt), hughes, noccioni, oh and yes salmons (when he was traded over) miller (when he was traded over) so yea on most teams, you have to earn your playing time and you have to prove you can score to move up on the depth chart like that. so either way 4-5 guys that started out ahead of rose. they just didnt give him the ball and say do your thing, he earned it. anyways though im done, im not going to let you turn me into a troll., i just had to respond to that.

Sadds The Gr8
06-24-2010, 02:01 AM
i never called him a bust. i said he was overrated or over hyped on here. second demarr was the number 9 pick. if you are a lottery pick you are expected to have an impact on your team right away. thats the general idea. i didnt think i had to name otherscause i figured you were smart enough to know who was on the bulls roster but since you want me to name them lets see...... gordon, hinrich, deng (till he got hurt), hughes, noccioni, oh and yes salmons (when he was traded over) miller (when he was traded over) so yea on most teams, you have to earn your playing time and you have to prove you can score to move up on the depth chart like that. so either way 4-5 guys that started out ahead of rose. they just didnt give him the ball and say do your thing, he earned it. anyways though im done, im not going to let you turn me into a troll., i just had to respond to that.

well you're trying to talk like he's going to be a bust. And like I said before...Rose was a #1 pick. Rose did start from day 1 and he is the starting PG, of course they gave him the ball and let him do his thing. And I like how you tried to squeeze Salmons in when he came midseason, and didn't mention Deng's injury, to make Rose look further down on the "pecking order". And like I said before, the Raptors last season were supposed to be a playoff threat, so obviously it'd be harder to earn ranks on a team like that, than a team that wasn't expected to make the playoffs the season before this one. Yea u said he's overrated...let's see you say it in the next couple seasons...w/ the raptors or w/o.

D Roses Bulls
06-24-2010, 02:13 AM
well you're trying to talk like he's going to be a bust. And like I said before...Rose was a #1 pick. Rose did start from day 1 and he is the starting PG, of course they gave him the ball and let him do his thing. And I like how you tried to squeeze Salmons in when he came midseason, and didn't mention Deng's injury, to make Rose look further down on the "pecking order". And like I said before, the Raptors last season were supposed to be a playoff threat, so obviously it'd be harder to earn ranks on a team like that, than a team that wasn't expected to make the playoffs the season before this one. Yea u said he's overrated...let's see you say it in the next couple seasons...w/ the raptors or w/o.

man this dude is goin to turn me into a troll. if your a lottery pick, hell if your in the top 10 pick, your suppose to be an impact player. it doesnt matter where you are picked. i mean some people thought beasley was better, 8 people passed on paul pierce for godsacks and 12 on kobe bryant. position in the draft doesnt have anything to do with it. darko didnt get a lot of playing time for being the number 2 pick of the pistons nodid he?and i through in salmons cause hughes and noccioni got traded so he took their places. i dont get what you dont understand about that. and like i said i could be wrong, but i dont think im going to be. if you are so confident then just bet me. untill then this conversation is OFFICIALLY DONE!!!

Rego247
06-24-2010, 02:15 AM

woow. let me ask u something wasnt noah drafted 9th? did he have an impact right away im sure he made the all star team with his blistering 6 ppg and 5 boards pg. let me ask u something was he not overhyped, coming out of florida? did he make the rookie sophmore game? no. same with derozan.

no offense but ur whole argument that lottery picks are suppose to come in and contribute is a little flawed. when the guy u have on the bulls roster, shows what u can accomplish with sheer hard work and determination. u would sometimes like lottery picks to contribute right away, does it always happen? no. even when he got drafted DD ppl said u had to wait on him.

bottomline to say this kid is overrated, after one year in the league, given his age, and skillset. is dismissive to say the least. thats my piece, i guess we agree to disagree.

D Roses Bulls
06-24-2010, 02:23 AM
woow. let me ask u something wasnt noah drafted 9th? did he have an impact right away im sure he made the all star team with his blistering 6 ppg and 5 boards pg. let me ask u something was he not overhyped, coming out of florida? did he make the rookie sophmore game? no. same with derozan.

no offense but ur whole argument that lottery picks are suppose to come in and contribute is flawed. when the guy u have on the bulls roster, shows what u can accomplish with sheer hard work and determination. u would sometimes like lottery picks to contribute right away, does it always happen? no. even when he got drafted DD ppl said u had to wait on him.

bottomline to say this kid is overrated, after one year in the league, given his age, and skillset. is dismissive to say the least. thats my piece, i guess we agree to disagree.

overrated to what? most raps fans were making him out to be? hell yes!!!!!im going by what they say, go back and read the posts. second,go back and read what i said noahs circumstances were. noah wasnt starting, noahwas being suspended left and right, oh and noah wasn't expected to score.so like i said, most people had different expectations for him. he was never being over hyped. most bulls fans except me and a few others hated him up till the boston series. please go back and read so i dont have to repeat myself.noahs and demarrs situations are completely different and im talkin about what raptors fans expectations of him were, not the general persons expectations.

Sadds The Gr8
06-24-2010, 02:25 AM
man this dude is goin to turn me into a troll. if your a lottery pick, hell if your in the top 10 pick, your suppose to be an impact player. it doesnt matter where you are picked. i mean some people thought beasley was better, 8 people passed on paul pierce for godsacks and 12 on kobe bryant. position in the draft doesnt have anything to do with it. darko didnt get a lot of playing time for being the number 2 pick of the pistons nodid he?and i through in salmons cause hughes and noccioni got traded so he took their places. i dont get what you dont understand about that. and like i said i could be wrong, but i dont think im going to be. if you are so confident then just bet me. untill then this conversation is OFFICIALLY DONE!!!

So you're saying a #9 or 10 MUST to produce as much as a #1 overall?:facepalm:

And the Darko situation only helps my argument. Darko had Rasheed, Rip, Prince, and Billups ahead of him on the offense. I'm not saying Darko would've been great or even good, but he had 4 freakin all-stars ahead of him. You just think that players, or ROOKIES, can just come on a team and demand touches on a team but it dont work like that...Rose had a great opportunity to take the ball and immediately become the face of Chicago, where as Demar came into a stacked offensive team and had trouble getting the ball alot. I dont understand why you have a hard time realizing that. IT'S HARDER TO GET MORE LOOKS WHEN YOU HAVE MORE TALENT ON YOUR TEAM. But yea we'll really see how good Demar is in the next few seasons with Bosh supposedly gone.

D Roses Bulls
06-24-2010, 02:30 AM
So you're saying a #9 or 10 MUST to produce as much as a #1 overall?:facepalm:

And the Darko situation only helps my argument. Darko had Rasheed, Rip, Prince, and Billups ahead of him on the offense. I'm not saying Darko would've been great or even good, but he had 4 freakin all-stars ahead of him. You just think that players, or ROOKIES, can just come on a team and demand touches on a team but it dont work like that...Rose had a great opportunity to take the ball and immediately become the face of Chicago, where as Demar came into a stacked offensive team and had trouble getting the ball alot. I dont understand why you have a hard time realizing that. IT'S HARDER TO GET MORE LOOKS WHEN YOU HAVE MORE TALENT ON YOUR TEAM. But yea we'll really see how good Demar is in the next few seasons with Bosh supposedly gone.

and the raps on paper looked like a top 4 team earlier in the year so i dont know what you are talking about and its like the bulls didnt have talent on their team and i never said a9 or 10 has to, isaid its possible. look at tyreke evans this year. he asnt number 1 and rookie of the year. look at when duncan was drafted and they won the championship that year. but like i said if im proven wrong, ill admit it, but i ish someone would make a bet with me. i hear all this talk about how im wrong or my theory is wrong, but no one wants to bet me. also, go back to my older predictions on players and such, im right quite a damn bit. so if you guys dont like it, bet me, stop talking and bet.

Sadds The Gr8
06-24-2010, 02:36 AM
and the raps on paper looked like a top 4 team earlier in the year so i dont know what you are talking about and its like the bulls didnt have talent on their team and i never said a9 or 10 has to, isaid its possible. look at tyreke evans this year. he asnt number 1 and rookie of the year. look at when duncan was drafted and they won the championship that year. but like i said if im proven wrong, ill admit it, but i ish someone would make a bet with me. i hear all this talk about how im wrong or my theory is wrong, but no one wants to bet me. also, go back to my older predictions on players and such, im right quite a damn bit. so if you guys dont like it, bet me, stop talking and bet.

LOL you're just helping my argument. I know the raps looked like a top 4 team, that's why DEMAR DIDNT GET ALOT OF TOUCHES! And Tyreke, who was in a totally different situation, with a horrible team, was able to do what Rose did, took the ball into his own hands, and became the face/future of the franchise. Thanks for defending my point though...makes this argument real easy.

D Roses Bulls
06-24-2010, 04:58 AM
LOL you're just helping my argument. I know the raps looked like a top 4 team, that's why DEMAR DIDNT GET ALOT OF TOUCHES! And Tyreke, who was in a totally different situation, with a horrible team, was able to do what Rose did, took the ball into his own hands, and became the face/future of the franchise. Thanks for defending my point though...makes this argument real easy.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: you are obviously not getting it. oh kids these days.

NYKstateOFmind
06-24-2010, 05:21 AM
terrible trade for raptors :facepalm:

x2

magichatnumber9
06-24-2010, 05:29 AM
Its ok raptors fans Boston will be sure to make similar moves that will **** our franchise up.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-24-2010, 06:48 AM
raptors owned if they accept that:facepalm:

magichatnumber9
06-24-2010, 07:41 AM
raptors owned if they accept that:facepalm:I agree

JasonJohnHorn
06-24-2010, 07:43 AM
Shouldnt the Raptors be trying to dump Turkaglu on the Trailblazers? That is the team they stole him away from during free agency.

Come on, Hedu for Oden straight up ;-)

ragee
06-24-2010, 08:04 AM
please don't let this happen Pritch!

pebloemer
06-24-2010, 08:11 AM
I'd prefer Batum....

Icebox922
06-24-2010, 08:21 AM

youre comparing JORDAN AND KOBE TO DEROZAN :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: that says it all right there... how often can a player like JORDAN AND KOBE come out of a draft?

You know nothing about basketball ... beg you stop posting .. youre embrassing yourself!

D Roses Bulls
06-24-2010, 08:24 AM
youre comparing JORDAN AND KOBE TO DEROZAN :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: that says it all right there... how often can a player like JORDAN AND KOBE come out of a draft?

You know nothing about basketball ... beg you stop posting .. youre embrassing yourself!

no you just embarrassed yourself....... you obviously didnt read the post before about the guy talking about jordan and kobe didnt do nothing their rookie year. seriously psd please put an age limit on this site or at least make a psd for adults. i mean seriously posts like this are embarrassing and if you wanna question my intelligence, look at my record.

ragee
06-24-2010, 08:43 AM
I'd prefer Batum....

Hell no dude! That's a total rip off!

mike_noodles
06-24-2010, 08:48 AM
I think this would be an awesome trade for the Raps.

To you people that don't know what you're talking about Demarr is a great player, just didn't get enough touches last year, let's not forget he was only 19 in his rookie year and the 5th option on offense when he was on the floor. Weems is another nice wing player, maybe not a starter, but a solid contributor off the bench. That would give us three solid wing players.

Just gotta find a taker for Turk now.

Hellcrooner
06-24-2010, 08:48 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/petrodr01.html

take a look at what happened the last time Portland dealt a complaining euro unhappy bout his touches and minutes and planning to go back to europe hat was "undrperforming" and beeing just a "****** benchmen" for an nba superstar.

91-92.

pebloemer
06-24-2010, 08:53 AM
Hell no dude! That's a total rip off!

I didn't say Portland would accept.

mike_noodles
06-24-2010, 08:56 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/petrodr01.html

take a look at what happened the last time Portland dealt a complaining euro unhappy bout his touches and minutes and planning to go back to europe hat was "undrperforming" and beeing just a "****** benchmen" for an nba superstar.

91-92.

#1. That's a poor comparison.

#2. Petrovic was considered as one best european players ever at the time.

Mile High Champ
06-24-2010, 08:56 AM
Here’s one of the things about rumours and leaks and stuff that gets out in the day or two leading up to the draft.

Most of it’s true – but only at some level. There was one making the rounds last night about the No. 13 pick to Portland for No. 22 and Rudy Fernandez. Got wind of the report too late to check with the people I check with to find out its truthfulness.

But here’s the thing. In about five minutes this morning, I was able to deduce from sources that No. 22 and Rudy are being shopped all over the league – Portland wants to move up – and, yes, Toronto is one of a handful of teams the Blazers have checked with.

It’s not Raptors-specific, it’s not just Houston and them, which is also out there on the internets. It’s a handful of teams being asked about the possibility and it doesn’t mean anything’s close to being done.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

It appears every team has been offered a deal like this one. No way this deal happens between these two teams but Portland does want to make a deal somehow.

Hellcrooner
06-24-2010, 09:01 AM
#1. That's a poor comparison.

#2. Petrovic was considered as one best european players ever at the time.

AT THE TIME thats the key.

Petrovic was one of the best euros at a time when Uwe blab was some kind of euro average representation in the league.

Rudy is one of the best europeans in a time when europeans gets seaosn mvps ( dirk=) finals mvps Parkers ( almost gasol) win rings ( gasol, Parker) as second options etc etc etc.

Not to mention heis more athletic Petrovic ever was and less of a ball hog.

As i said put him where he can start play 30 mpg and have 12-15 touches a game as a third option and 10 to 20 ppg with 5 assits will happen.

MaHaRaJaH
06-24-2010, 09:03 AM
So is D Rose.

Simpletons.

ragee
06-24-2010, 09:44 AM
AT THE TIME thats the key.

Petrovic was one of the best euros at a time when Uwe blab was some kind of euro average representation in the league.

Rudy is one of the best europeans in a time when europeans gets seaosn mvps ( dirk=) finals mvps Parkers ( almost gasol) win rings ( gasol, Parker) as second options etc etc etc.

Not to mention heis more athletic Petrovic ever was and less of a ball hog.

As i said put him where he can start play 30 mpg and have 12-15 touches a game as a third option and 10 to 20 ppg with 5 assits will happen.

Crooner, you've seen in the Blazers forum... You know I am high on Rudy as you are... I was one of the Blazer fans who was lobbing for Rudy to get the starting PG position... Rudy is still one of my favorite Blazer and I still hope that he can be the player you expect him to be but can you seriously compare him to Petrovic? You always complain about him not getting mins... You always say Nate does not give him a chance... Roy got injured early this season and he started for several games... What happened? He played poorly and lost the starting spot to Bayless who took capitalized on the opportunity unlike Rudy... Roy got injured again before the playoffs... Again, Nate gave Rudy a chance... The Blazers were in desperate need of scoring... The Suns decided to guard Rudy with probably the worst defender in the league... What happened?

Don't get me wrong... I am not hating on Rudy... I am just stating facts... I think he needs a couple more years...

Hellcrooner
06-24-2010, 09:47 AM
Crooner, you've seen in the Blazers forum... You know I am high on Rudy as you are... I was one of the Blazer fans who was lobbing for Rudy to get the starting PG position... Rudy is still one of my favorites Blazer and I still hope that he can be the player you expect him to be but can you seriously compare him to Petrovic? You always complain about him not getting mins... You always say Nate does not give him a chance... Roy got injured early this season and he started for several games... What happened? He played poorly and lost the starting spot to Bayless who took capitalized on the opportunity unlike Rudy... Roy got injured again before the playoffs... Again, Nate gave Rudy a chance... The Blazers were in desperate need of scoring... The Suns decided to guard Rudy with probably the worst defender in the league... What happened?

Don't get me wrong... I am not hating on Rudy... I am just stating facts... I think he needs a couple more years...

problem is he got minutes those games but he dind get included in the offensive system.

and you knwo as well as i know that mcmillan has not used him properly.

he has tid to turn him into spot up three point shooter missing all what he provide from handling the ball starting the offense and driving in.

if he gets to ta team that allows him to play to what he can do he has Manu like upsiude.

TrevorE
06-24-2010, 10:06 AM

Did you even watch a raptors game last year? I guess Kobe was overrated when he only scored 7.6 pts/g in his rookie season....use your head before you speak thanks.

ragee
06-24-2010, 10:07 AM
problem is he got minutes those games but he dind get included in the offensive system.

and you knwo as well as i know that mcmillan has not used him properly.

he has tid to turn him into spot up three point shooter missing all what he provide from handling the ball starting the offense and driving in.

if he gets to ta team that allows him to play to what he can do he has Manu like upsiude.

I think Nate is not the only one who should be blamed on that one... Rudy is as much responsible as Nate (if not more) on him not being a factor... If he really is as great as you say he is, he'll be able to capitalize on whatever opportunity that is given to him...

On him not being included on the offensive system, I don't think that's true at all... There was no offense! The Blazers were desperate... He was being guarded by STEVE NASH! He's not ready yet... Even he knew that... He was the one who said he was not Brandon Roy... If the reason for him not scoring was he was not being used right or he was not getting touches, he wouldn't have said that...

Sadds The Gr8
06-24-2010, 11:03 AM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: you are obviously not getting it. oh kids these days.
LOL....you're the one that's helping MY argument with your replies....you're contradicting yourself....you're the one who doesnt get ****, so you resort to facepalming :laugh2:

Did you even watch a raptors game last year? I guess Kobe was overrated when he only scored 7.6 pts/g in his rookie season....use your head before you speak thanks.

I been sayin the same thing...Don't even listen to him he's damn arrogant and cant even support his own arguments...someone who criticizes players and says they will be busts after 1 year don't know crap about ball.