PDA

View Full Version : Chad Ford: Wolves Determined to Move Jefferson

td0tsfinest
06-23-2010, 09:50 PM
However, the most consistent thing I'm hearing is that the team appears to be determined to move Al Jefferson. According to sources the Wolves have offered him to Detroit for Tayshaun Prince this week and have also contacted the Pacers about their interest in Jefferson for Troy Murphy's expiring contract.

However, the latest thing I'm hearing out of Minnesota may have the most legs. Sources have told me that the Wolves and Grizzlies have been discussing a swap that would send Jefferson to the Grizzlies for Zach Randolph. The deal would allow the Wolves to save a lot of money over time. Randolph has one year, $17.6 million left on his contract. Jefferson has three years, $42 million left.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/17014/wolves-burning-up-the-phones

thenetslegend
06-23-2010, 09:51 PM
i would take rubio and jefferson, but who would want this guy alone?

Wisdom Listens
06-23-2010, 09:57 PM

The Pistons?

netsgiantsyanks
06-23-2010, 09:57 PM
tayshaun prince for al jefferson??? thats a terrible deal for the t-wolves

Raps18-19 Champ
06-23-2010, 09:58 PM
I offer you Bargnani, Evans and Banks for Jefferson.

Ragun

raptors...

iggypop123
wow. they would seriously just waive randolph. i guess they are determined to have love as their only pf

thenetslegend
jefferson is a 3rd option for a team. i personally think kevin love is better

xabial
06-23-2010, 09:59 PM
The Pistons?

I feel bad for the pistons. Management is trying their hardest to win and spent 90M+ last season on Gordon and Charlie last season yet hey still underachieved. Hopefully things turn around for them, but their hooked on so many long contracts for years to come. I hope they dont trade for Big Al, they dont need another one :mad:

GSW Hoops
06-23-2010, 09:59 PM
Why are bad franchises so eager to swap good players?

jimbobjarree
06-23-2010, 10:00 PM
I honestly dont know why the Jazz havnt jumped on this, offered ak (expiring)+9 and had this all tied up by now :sigh:

Wisdom Listens
06-23-2010, 10:01 PM
I feel bad for the pistons. Management is trying their hardest to win and spent 90M+ last season on Gordon and Charlie last season yet hey still underachieved. Hopefully things turn around for them, but their hooked on so many long contracts for years to come. I hope they dont trade for Big Al, they dont need another one :mad:

But what they do need is a big.

Hawkeye15
06-23-2010, 10:12 PM
The Wolves are not giving him away. Please. This is a 22-11 player who is 25, coming off a year where he started fighting back from injury, and then dealt with inconsistent playing time as the Wolves developed their players. Jefferson is a 22-11 post scorer, who need defense to mask him. He is a top 3 offensive post scorer in the NBA, easily.
You can crap on him all you want, Kahn may be shopping him, it doesn't mean he will get rid of him to get rid of him. Jefferson may not fit the future scheme of the Wolves, and Love may be at his heals ready to take over the starting PF position, but cmon dudes, he is worth a very good amount.

Hawkeye15
06-23-2010, 10:12 PM
The Wolves are not giving him away. Please. This is a 22-11 player who is 25, coming off a year where he started fighting back from injury, and then dealt with inconsistent playing time as the Wolves developed their players. Jefferson is a 22-11 post scorer, who need defense to mask him. He is a top 3 offensive post scorer in the NBA, easily.
You can crap on him all you want, Kahn may be shopping him, it doesn't mean he will get rid of him to get rid of him. Jefferson may not fit the future scheme of the Wolves, and Love may be at his heals ready to take over the starting PF position, but cmon dudes, he is worth a very good amount.

DR. Pepper
06-23-2010, 10:14 PM
i think the celtics should jump on this... Rondo/Perkins/Jefferson/baby would give them a good group of young players

JordansBulls
06-23-2010, 10:16 PM
I'd trade Deng for him and sign Lebron.

hotpotato1092
06-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Chandler/Curry/Douglas for Jefferson/Rubio. Please Donnie, I don't ask for much.

netsgiantsyanks
06-23-2010, 10:17 PM
if anything, the pistons can ship prince and ben gordon and some one else for al jefferson

PurpleJesus
06-23-2010, 10:18 PM
Chandler/Curry/Douglas for Jefferson/Rubio. Please Donnie, I don't ask for much.

but you ask for to much

TheAkronHammer
06-23-2010, 10:18 PM
Eddie Curry (11m expiring) + Wilson Chandler PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

netsgiantsyanks
06-23-2010, 10:20 PM
i think the celtics should jump on this... Rondo/Perkins/Jefferson/baby would give them a good group of young players

if the celtics really wanted al jefferson they should of kept him

UnWantedTheory
06-23-2010, 10:20 PM
Hmmm???

Westbrook36
06-23-2010, 10:26 PM
Elton Brand+Thad Young for Al Jefferson might be welcomed in Philadelphia.

ChiSox219
06-23-2010, 10:27 PM

I would't, not unless it was a 3 way for Bosh

Can we call 08-09 Jefferson best year so far?

23.1 PPG on 19.1 FGA

Half the league could do that.

Jefferson's career TS%: .535
2009-2010 league avg TS%: .545

Top three post scorer? Duncan, Boozer, Gasol, Gasol, Bynum, Bogut...

Then you get to Jefferson's defense, which is nearly as bad as Amare's.

Doesn't like to pass the ball either

Phat Pat 94
06-23-2010, 10:31 PM

:laugh: :laugh2: if this deal goes down i'll chop one of my arms off and post the vide. 0% chance... Because, youre giving us an expiring, an average or below average point guard (which happens to be our position of least need) and a talented wing man for one of the best low post scorers in the game and a stud PG in the making. ludicrous trade for minny IMO

topdog
06-23-2010, 10:32 PM
I would't, not unless it was a 3 way for Bosh

Can we call 08-09 Jefferson best year so far?

23.1 PPG on 19.1 FGA

Half the league could do that.Jefferson's career TS%: .535
2009-2010 league avg TS%: .545

Top three post scorer? Duncan, Boozer, Gasol, Gasol, Bynum, Bogut...

Then you get to Jefferson's defense, which is nearly as bad as Amare's.

Doesn't like to pass the ball either

In summer league...

How many guys command a double team in the post?

And who says he doesn't like to pass just because he isn't good at it/McHale did the whole "once you get it in the post don't pass it out" grade school coach thing.

Johann
06-23-2010, 10:34 PM
:laugh: :laugh2: if this deal goes down i'll chop one of my arms off and post the vide. 0% chance... Because, youre giving us an expiring, an average or below average point guard (which happens to be our position of least need) and a talented wing man for one of the best low post scorers in the game and a stud PG in the making. ludicrous trade for minny IMO

not gonna lie...id watch it :rolleyes:

ChiSox219
06-23-2010, 10:38 PM
In summer league...

Half the league could score 22 given 19 shots a night...during the NBA regular season.

How many guys command a double team in the post? .

Some, no one is saying Jefferson does everything poorly.

And who says he doesn't like to pass just because he isn't good at it/McHale did the whole "once you get it in the post don't pass it out" grade school coach thing.

You say tomato...

fadedmario
06-23-2010, 10:38 PM
Rumors going around Michigan have Detroit and Minnesota discussing some sort of trade that involves draft picks.

AI4MVP
06-23-2010, 10:39 PM

do u even watch basketball ever??? chandler curry and douglas isnt even worth rubio alone, nevermind throughing in a 20/10 guy.

PurpleJesus
06-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Half the league could score 22 given 19 shots a night...during the NBA regular season.

Well over half the guys in the league are not capable of shooting it 19 times a game. Only the people who are capable of scoring 20+ every night are allowed to shoot that much.

X12Celtics3
06-23-2010, 10:42 PM
I miss Al Jefferson in Boston :(

thedfactor
06-23-2010, 10:46 PM
Dallas should be on this. We'll give Butler, Barea or Najera and our 2nd rd pick

AddiX
06-23-2010, 10:47 PM
I think Minny just enjoys drafting players. I don't think there is really any real game plan. They just like draft picks.

ChiSox219
06-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Well over half the guys in the league are not capable of shooting it 19 times a game. Only the people who are capable of scoring 20+ every night are allowed to shoot that much.

Shooting 20+ a night is almost always a losing line.

Those who could do it and do it in an efficient manner, those guys are rare.

The rest should shoot less, pass more, and play more defense.

Jefferson is inefficient, had a major surgery, and is overpaid. He simply plays losing basketball.

Reminds me of Monta Ellis, yeah the guy scored 25.5 a night with 5.3 assists but he also took 22 shots and turned the ball over 3.8 times per game.

For me, it's not even close, Love is the better player now and in the future.

PurpleJesus
06-23-2010, 10:49 PM
I think Minny just enjoys drafting players. I don't think there is really any real game plan. They just like draft picks.

thats why in this mentioned deal they would be getting rid of two picks #16, and #23 to get one pick #7? they would lose a pick because they like picks so much?

I think new york likes to shed cap space just so they can put all their chips into one basket

29$JerZ
06-23-2010, 10:50 PM
I think Chicago would be a target for AL, I think Deng is about the only other contract not named Bulter/Granger that Minny would take for AL that's a high paid SF

STAT32
06-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Phoenix is in need of a PF...

PurpleJesus
06-23-2010, 11:00 PM
I think Chicago would be a target for AL, I think Deng is about the only other contract not named Bulter/Granger that Minny would take for AL that's a high paid SF

Tayshaun Prince has come up in rumors also although Kahn has said he hasnt talked to detroit. Grangers salary is also similar, although the wolves would have to throw in more for Indy to accept a deal revolving around Jefferson and Granger

ChiSox219
06-23-2010, 11:01 PM
Tayshaun Prince has come up in rumors also although Kahn has said he hasnt talked to detroit. Grangers salary is also similar, although the wolves would have to throw in more for Indy to accept a deal revolving around Jefferson and Granger

Would you guys do Rubio/Jefferson for Granger?

AI4MVP
06-23-2010, 11:02 PM
i hope phx gets him and lets that joke of a max player amare go

Corey
06-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Al Jefferson is the most skilled offensive big man in the league not named Pau.

PurpleJesus
06-23-2010, 11:05 PM
Would you guys do Rubio/Jefferson for Granger?

as a fan, I would say no. I cant speak for the front office, but my fandom lets me know what is going on with them. The front office is obsessed with Ricky. They fully believe he is going to be a wolf after this season (when he no longer has a buyout), Ricky has said himself that Minnesota continues to be his preferred place to play, and the wolves office believes that he can be a player to build around...so I dont think Rubio/Jefferson for Granger would happen

hotpotato1092
06-23-2010, 11:09 PM
do u even watch basketball ever??? chandler curry and douglas isnt even worth rubio alone, nevermind throughing in a 20/10 guy.

A guy can dream can't he?

Raps18-19 Champ
06-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Bargnani, Turkoglu, Calderon Evans(expiring) and Banks(expiring) along with the 13th for Jefferson, Rubio and Brewer

C-Jefferson, (MLE)
PF-Bosh, Amir
SF-Brewer, Wright
SG-Derozan, Weems
PG-Rubio, Jack

Wisdom Listens
06-23-2010, 11:14 PM
Bargnani, Turkoglu, Calderon Evans(expiring) and Banks(expiring) along with the 13th for Jefferson, Rubio and Brewer

C-Jefferson, (MLE)
PF-Bosh, Amir
SF-Brewer, Wright
SG-Derozan, Weems
PG-Rubio, Jack

:facepalm:

PurpleJesus
06-23-2010, 11:16 PM

C-Jefferson, (MLE)
PF-Bosh, Amir
SF-Brewer, Wright
SG-Derozan, Weems
PG-Rubio, Jack

That trade could probably happen if you replaced Rubio with Flynn. Gathering information from interviews with Kahn (GM) and Rambis (HC), Rubio appears to be the only untouchable player for the wolves. They seem fully commited to building a team around him when he comes next year (no more buyout)

Raps18-19 Champ
06-23-2010, 11:17 PM
Then replace Rubio with Flynn.

PurpleJesus
06-23-2010, 11:19 PM

come on wisdom, thats an unnecessary facepalm. The deal is actually decent if you take Rubio out and replace him with flynn. Some people arent fully aware of the rubio situation. Hedo and 13 were already rumored for Brewer and 23...so that deal happens, but we still get to hold on to the 23...Bargnani is a very nice player, and we shed some cap as well.

Wisdom Listens
06-23-2010, 11:19 PM
come on wisdom, thats an unnecessary facepalm. The deal is actually decent if you take Rubio out and replace him with flynn. Some people arent fully aware of the rubio situation. Hedo and 13 were already rumored for Brewer and 23...so that deal happens, but we still get to hold on to the 23...Bargnani is a very nice player, and we shed some cap as well.

lol

PurpleJesus
06-23-2010, 11:21 PM

lol

i disagree

danielleighgill
06-23-2010, 11:21 PM

ChiSox219
06-23-2010, 11:22 PM

Now that's an appropriate facepalm

Wisdom Listens
06-23-2010, 11:23 PM
i disagree

Good post.

PurpleJesus
06-23-2010, 11:24 PM
Good post.

thank you

black1605
06-23-2010, 11:24 PM
i wish we had the pieced to bring Al into charlotte

Wisdom Listens
06-23-2010, 11:25 PM
I just don't see how that trade in any way makes us a better team at this point PJ, that is all. And I am merely disagreeing in the only way I know how after being on PSD for 8 straight hours.

PurpleJesus
06-23-2010, 11:25 PM

nice sig

Wisdom Listens
06-23-2010, 11:27 PM

Meh, if he's wrong it's not by much.

ChiSox219
06-23-2010, 11:30 PM
Meh, if he's wrong it's not by much.

I think he's wrong by a lot.

I have already outlined my argument in this thread.

The Jokemaker
06-23-2010, 11:32 PM

So wait, I remember in another thread you cutting the man down saying you'd rather have Love and saying Jefferson's line is 17-9. Be consistent.

soxnfins
06-23-2010, 11:34 PM
Give Jefferson to the Bucks. Kthx.

Wisdom Listens
06-23-2010, 11:35 PM
I think he's wrong by a lot.

I have already outlined my argument in this thread.

We're speaking of offense here, and that is pretty much all Jefferson does. He scores the basketball. In terms of pure offense, I don't see any big man in the game who is "a lot" more skilled than Al Jefferson.

shep33
06-23-2010, 11:38 PM
Why don't they move him to the Warriors for Monta? Get Cousins in the draft maybe, and they'd have a decent lineup.

Flynn
Monta
Brewer
Love
Cousins

Wisdom Listens
06-23-2010, 11:40 PM
Why don't they move him to the Warriors for Monta? Get Cousins in the draft maybe, and they'd have a decent lineup.

Flynn
Monta
Brewer
Love
Cousins

The Wolves don't want Monta. Too much baggage.

td0tsfinest
06-23-2010, 11:42 PM

I don't know about that. Dirk and Bosh are pretty skilled offensive big men.

ChiSox219
06-23-2010, 11:46 PM
We're speaking of offense here, and that is pretty much all Jefferson does. He scores the basketball. In terms of pure offense, I don't see any big man in the game who is "a lot" more skilled than Al Jefferson.

If we are talking most skilled:

Odom
Nene
M.Gasol
Boozer
Bynum
Bosh
Nowitzki
Duncan

and there's several more that I'm missing

BTW, there's more to offensive basketball that shooting a lot and scoring inefficiently.

The Jokemaker
06-23-2010, 11:48 PM

Odom
Nene
M.Gasol
Boozer
Bynum
Bosh
Nowitzki
Duncan

Stoudemire and Yao.

black1605
06-23-2010, 11:48 PM

Odom
Nene
M.Gasol
Boozer
Bynum
Bosh
Nowitzki
Duncan

duncan, dirk, bosh, and MAYBE odom are more skilled...the rest arent

ChiSox219
06-23-2010, 11:49 PM
duncan, dirk, bosh, and MAYBE odom are more skilled...the rest arent

Boozer is a better hi and low post scorer and a much better passer, I'm not going to go through the rest, you are wrong.

black1605
06-23-2010, 11:50 PM
Boozer is a better hi and low post scorer and a much better passer, I'm not going to go through the rest, you are wrong.

i overlooked boozer

nene, m. gasol, and bynum are not as skilled

PapelbonLester
06-23-2010, 11:51 PM

Odom
Nene
M.Gasol
Boozer
Bynum
Bosh
Nowitzki
Duncan

BTW, there's more to offensive basketball that shooting a lot and scoring inefficiently.

Mark Gasol? Bynum? NOOOOOOOOOOOO Id say

Garnett
Duncan
Pau Gasol
Dirk
Bosh
Josh Smith
then
Jefferson
Boozer
Odom

Wisdom Listens
06-23-2010, 11:54 PM

Odom
Nene
M.Gasol
Boozer
Bynum
Bosh
Nowitzki
Duncan

All this list proves is that you severely underrate Jefferson. To say players like Odom or Nene are more offensively skilled than big Al is pretty ridiculous, and while there may be players on this list who are more skilled offensively, I don't see one player at this point who is that by a wide margin.

I'll let Corey take this the rest of the way, if he wants. I'm off to bedski.

ChiSox219
06-23-2010, 11:56 PM
i overlooked boozer

nene, m. gasol, and bynum are not as skilled

Nene is as effective down low, better mid range game, better passer.

Gasol is very young but already has an advanced low post game with an array of moves. If he isn't already more skilled, he will be by next year.

Bynum is a beast and I hate the Lakers. He may not ever be health but that doesn't mean he isn't incredibly skilled, especially for someone so young.

If you want to check how these guys score and from where they do it on the court, feel free to prove me wrong as the numbers are available here:

http://www.hoopdata.com/shotstats.aspx?team=%25&type=pg&posi=%25&yr=2010&gp=40&mins=25

ChiSox219
06-23-2010, 11:57 PM
All this list proves is that you severely underrate Jefferson. To say players like Odom or Nene are more offensively skilled than big Al is pretty ridiculous, and while there may be players on this list who are more skilled offensively, I don't see one player at this point who is that by a wide margin.

Doesn't surprise me, Nene and Odom are two of the most underrated bigs in the league.

Jefferson, because of his misleading traditional stat line, is one of the most overrated.

black1605
06-23-2010, 11:58 PM
be a stat nerd all you want, i bet you most of PSD would take jefferson over m. gasol, nene, and bynum....no need to prove each other wrong...it is a matter of opinion

ChiSox219
06-23-2010, 11:59 PM
be a stat nerd all you want, i bet you most of PSD would take jefferson over m. gasol, nene, and bynum....no need to prove each other wrong...it is a matter of opinion

That's how I know I am right. :)

black1605
maybe you have a point

fadedmario

I think we are going to make some kind of deal with your team. There's a buzz around that their is a proposed offer of some sort between Pistons and Wolves. They were talking about it tonight on Detroit stations. There has to be something to it.

Wisdom Listens
06-24-2010, 12:00 AM
Doesn't surprise me, Nene and Odom are two of the most underrated bigs in the league.

Jefferson, because of his misleading traditional stat line, is one of the most overrated.

Jefferson demands a double team almost every trip to the post. If you could say the same for Nene and Odom, you might have an argument.....

LTBaByyy
06-24-2010, 12:02 AM

Ummmm he was 17 and 9 last year?

ChiSox219
06-24-2010, 12:05 AM
Jefferson demands a double team almost every trip to the post. If you could say the same for Nene and Odom, you might have an argument.....

You can't double Odom or Nene because they'll kill you with their passing abilities. Same goes for Boozer, but teams try anyway.

LTBaByyy
06-24-2010, 12:08 AM

Odom
Nene
M.Gasol
Boozer
Bynum
Bosh
Nowitzki
Duncan

Lets not forget Zach Randolph, not at the top of the list but should be on it b4 jefferson if were talking about just skills, he was an all star last year!!! and it def wasn't bc athleticism or dunks haha

DE9394
Boozer is one of best passing bigs in the game

S-Dot
Does San Antonio have enough to offer for him. I feel he would be a great fit if they can get him without giving up Ginobli, Duncan, or Parker. Maybe Richard Jefferson with some of their young talent and some picks possibly?

ldc62
06-24-2010, 12:10 AM
Al Jefferson is a top 5 center.... why trade him?

ragee
06-24-2010, 12:24 AM
Jefferson and Gasol would be a duo to be reckoned with in the frontcourt! I would love it if the Wolves and the Grizzlies can come up with an agreement!

central2003
06-24-2010, 12:45 AM
I don't think the wolves will do it.. they would try to make the Jefferson, Love , and Favors trio to work at least for 1 season.

bosoxlover12
06-24-2010, 12:51 AM
wow looking back, what a terrible trade in 2007.

KG for Jefferson, Gomes, Green, Ratliff, Telfair, Cash, 2009 MIN 1st (given to BOS in Ricky Davis Trade) 2009 BOS 1st

Gomes, Green, Ratliff, Telfair have done nothing. Jefferson is being traded. The Celtics 2009 pick was for Wayne Ellington. An the Minnesota re-acquired pick was for, the infamous, RICKY RUBIO!

so, the $500,000 cash for KG? thats pretty much that ^

DaveDevries
06-24-2010, 02:03 AM
wow looking back, what a terrible trade in 2007.

KG for Jefferson, Gomes, Green, Ratliff, Telfair, Cash, 2009 MIN 1st (given to BOS in Ricky Davis Trade) 2009 BOS 1st

Gomes, Green, Ratliff, Telfair have done nothing. Jefferson is being traded. The Celtics 2009 pick was for Wayne Ellington. An the Minnesota re-acquired pick was for, the infamous, RICKY RUBIO!

so, the $500,000 cash for KG? thats pretty much that ^

Pretty ignorant way to look at it dont ya think? Gomes is a role player nothing more nothing less, but I wouldn't say hes done "nothing". You have no idea what Jefferson will haul in in a trade, so makes no sense to critique that yet. Gomes/Jefferson/Rubio/Ellington and cash isn't a bad haul for a guy we needed to traded.

Mavrix
06-24-2010, 02:07 AM
Mavs need to jump on this

iggypop123
06-24-2010, 02:08 AM

i would only take him over nene.

kylem4711
06-24-2010, 02:23 AM
Elton Brand+Thad Young for Al Jefferson might be welcomed in Philadelphia.

eww. no one wants brand

xwashableclothx
06-24-2010, 02:52 AM
Michael Redds 80% insured expiring, maybe throw in Mbah a Moute to. They would make maybe 6m more then Jefferson this season but they both expire and the Twolves have the room for it this season to get rid of Jefferson long term

Bucks:
Jennings
CDR
Maggette/Delfino
Jefferson/Ilyasova
Bogut
draft picks for SG and to fill

Twolves:
Flynn/Sessions
Redd/Ellington
Brewer/Gomes
Love/Mbah a Moute
Hollins
then draft picks for C and to fill

DaveDevries
06-24-2010, 02:55 AM
Twolves want value. Not expiring garbage.

xwashableclothx
06-24-2010, 03:00 AM
Twolves want value. Not expiring garbage.

Then why did they offer Jefferson for Tayshaun Prince? :facepalm:

Skylander14
06-24-2010, 03:23 AM
those where just the players involved. Idiot

boeknows
06-24-2010, 03:45 AM
Then why did they offer Jefferson for Tayshaun Prince? :facepalm:

As far as i know the 7th pick was also coming to the Wolves in that deal.

SMH!
06-24-2010, 04:11 AM
76ers jump on it!

ragee
06-24-2010, 08:20 AM
Mavs need to jump on this

What do you think would be appealing to the Wolves? Is Erika's expiring contract enough to entice them?

S-Dot
06-24-2010, 08:33 AM

They would probably have to give up a pick or two along with Deng, but this would defintely entice LeBron. I think San Antonio and Utah would be a nice fit for Al Jeff also if they had enough to offer for him.

pebloemer
06-24-2010, 08:48 AM

I would love that deal as a Raptor's fan. I am a little uncertain why the Twolves would want Calderon and Turk's contracts, but if Jose helps bring Rubio over and mentor him it makes some sense. The pick probably helps a bit too.

Hawkeye15
06-24-2010, 08:53 AM
Jefferson is not being moved just to be moved guys.

S-Dot
06-24-2010, 08:57 AM
Jefferson is not being moved just to be moved guys.

You seem like a pretty good T-Wolves fan. What type of players or picks do you think the T-Wolves will accept for him?

thekmp211
06-24-2010, 09:05 AM
high pick and a big expiring contract for starters.

if they acquire a player it damn well better be a center.

Spencesc11
06-24-2010, 09:07 AM
The Piston need to get this deal done. We need a low post threat!!!! So I say trade T. Prince and A. Daye which gives the T-Wolves some value other then the expiring contract. Then draft Ed Davis with the 7th pick and we have solid bigs for the first time in years.

New Lineup
Stuckey/Bynum
Hamilton/Gordon
Jerekbo/Summers
Villanueva/Davis/Maxiell
Jefferson/B. Wallace

bostncelts34
06-24-2010, 09:29 AM
is love to have big AL back.

19th pick,glen davis,rasheed for money purposes,future pick for big AL

drobe86
06-24-2010, 01:44 PM
ill gladly take big al jefferson for the dust chip+Barea

HouRealCoach
06-24-2010, 02:08 PM

Didnt they have them already?

Tennessee Mav
06-24-2010, 02:09 PM
ill gladly take big al jefferson for the dust chip+Barea

I would rather move Caron Butler and and DeShawn Stevenson for Al Jefferson, and use the Dust Chip, Barea, and S&T Haywood for Joe Johnson.

WSU Tony
06-24-2010, 02:39 PM
You seem like a pretty good T-Wolves fan. What type of players or picks do you think the T-Wolves will accept for him?

Prince and 7 for Jefferson.

Young2Kinsler
06-24-2010, 02:42 PM
Dallas could offer them alot of financial flexibility, and AL is the type of player we need. I hope Dallas is one of those teams on the phone, but I doubt we are.

Young2Kinsler
06-24-2010, 02:44 PM
I would rather move Caron Butler and and DeShawn Stevenson for Al Jefferson, and use the Dust Chip, Barea, and S&T Haywood for Joe Johnson.

At this point, I don't know how likely Joe Johnson is, so we can't hold onto the DUST chip until it's too late. I'd be happy to land Jefferson for the DUST, he is the C this team has needed. He's not great defensively, but is a great low post offensive threat.