PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Bulls deal?

Stunner
06-23-2010, 09:36 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/17035/why-deng-to-clips-in-swap-of-picks-would-be-good-fit

Jonathan2323
06-23-2010, 09:38 PM
There is no reason for the Clippers to do that deal. It makes no sense for them.

CelticCat
06-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Great deal IMO. Maybe Bulls could draft Patrick Patterson at #8

Stunner
06-23-2010, 09:40 PM

Or Paul George!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tangent12
If this is true...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmUZGdi7Ty4

Jonathan2323

For the Bulls

AI4MVP
i dont think the clippers would do that when they can just take aminu

GSW Hoops
I love pre-draft articles that have absolutely no connection to reality, not even rumors. Just a dude thinking out loud...

gocubs2118
06-23-2010, 09:41 PM
There is no reason for the Clippers to do that deal. It makes no sense for them.

Except to upgrade at their weakest position? But ya, other than that it makes no sense.

CelticCat
06-23-2010, 09:41 PM
Patterson on the Bulls would be great considering I'am a diehard Ky fan and Patterson is my favorite player. I'd love to see him to go a franchise team.

Jonathan2323
06-23-2010, 09:42 PM
Except to upgrade at their weakest position? But ya, other than that it makes no sense.

:rolleyes:

pistonsfanomg
06-23-2010, 09:42 PM
Why would the Clippers do that? LOL

But ya tomorrow will be fun

Derick713
06-23-2010, 09:45 PM
The Heat would be in trouble if the Bulls made that move.

THE FUTURE OF THE EAST-

Dwayne Wade
Joe Johnson
Amare Stoudemire

VS

Derrick Rose/
LeBron James/
Chris Bosh/
Joakim Noah/

Derick713
06-23-2010, 09:47 PM
I could see the Clippers making this move. No elite Free Agent wants to play for the Clippers. Luol Deng is better than any SF the Clippers can get in the Draft. Deng could help cover for Gordon's size on the perimeter.

Baron Davis/
Eric Gordon/
Luol Deng/
Blake Griffen/
Chris Kaman/

D Roses Bulls
06-23-2010, 09:50 PM
If this happen, this would be a dream scenario for the bulls

ElFuturoDeESPN
06-23-2010, 09:52 PM
I'm sorry, but can't there be a rumors sticky for crap like this?

JasonJohnHorn
06-23-2010, 09:53 PM
I think Deng for the pick straight up would be fair enough. The Bulls should push to retain their 17th pick if they are giving up a proven NBA vet than can produce and start for a playoff calibre team. That is more than most teams can fairly hope for with a number 8 pick.

That said, I really think the Clippers also need a shooting guard. Gordon is too small to defend the bigger SG in the league and would be a great guy coming off the bench to spot Davis at PG and whoever is playing SG for the team, but to have him playing at SG for most of the game is going to hurt the team when they face teams with longer/taller guards that will in turn either be able to post up on Gordon, or create space more easily than they would with a guard their own size. I like Gordon, but he's a tweener and would be best utilized coming off the bench like Ben Gordon (though the two have different styles of play).

The[chi][town]
06-23-2010, 09:54 PM
i would most definately **** myself if this happened

D Roses Bulls
06-23-2010, 10:00 PM
come on Bulls, pull this off. we need the cap space

abe_froman
06-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Why would the Clippers do that? LOL

But ya tomorrow will be fun

deng is a good player,plays a position that they have a need at

not saying it'll happen,but would make sense

Eagles4Lyfe
06-23-2010, 10:02 PM
why not just take turk and a higher pick from the raptors:(

tangent12
06-23-2010, 10:04 PM
There's no doubt the trade makes sense. The Bulls have shown in the past they are hesitant to trade certain players. The chances have been there but the bulls have been hesitant to pull the trigger on some trades.

This is the perfect chance for teams to take advantage of the off season situation and get Chicago to trade some of the players they wouldn't have traded in any other kind of scenario. That's why it makes sense, not to mention Deng is a solid player.

And to add to that, there's no certainty you'll get a solid player at #8. It's safer for the Clippers to get a player like Deng for the pick.

abe_froman
06-23-2010, 10:05 PM
I think Deng for the pick straight up would be fair enough. The Bulls should push to retain their 17th pick if they are giving up a proven NBA vet than can produce and start for a playoff calibre team. That is more than most teams can fairly hope for with a number 8 pick.

That said, I really think the Clippers also need a shooting guard. Gordon is too small to defend the bigger SG in the league and would be a great guy coming off the bench to spot Davis at PG and whoever is playing SG for the team, but to have him playing at SG for most of the game is going to hurt the team when they face teams with longer/taller guards that will in turn either be able to post up on Gordon, or create space more easily than they would with a guard their own size. I like Gordon, but he's a tweener and would be best utilized coming off the bench like Ben Gordon (though the two have different styles of play).
i would want to keep the 17 as well,doing both is too much

ChiSox219
06-23-2010, 10:05 PM

Do you have to ask?

dnewguy
06-23-2010, 10:08 PM
The Bulls would probably be charged for rape if they pull this off, they get rid of solid but unreliable Deng for cap space, setting them up for a possible Lebron addition plus another star player, lets say Bosh or Joe.

arkanian215
06-23-2010, 10:09 PM
I've been told that Chris Broussard doesn't have a real source.

Stunner
06-23-2010, 10:13 PM
with so much rumor going around with CP3, collison, even paul pierce as of late, I am not surprised there is yet another thread about... this. but this one actually is sensible. if we already have an answer from lebron since DTS won't sell ****, ever, this plan B is very much the homerun for both teams. you guys shed contract to add bosh or amare next to lebron via FA, and we get to add a 24 year old stud SF who can shoot and create for his own without losing any of the remaining 5 contracts. also, it gives olshey another opportunity to draft his team guy later in draft to save himself from criticism for reaching with the 8th pick or risk drafting a guy he didn't want with a bust potential. i can easily see this trade happen on draft day, and us end up getting a guy like henry or avery to add depth to our back court if babbitt and harward are gone.

PS- although, if there is any merit at all in CP3 rumor, that is the one we cannot afford to miss!!!

x2

ChiSox219
06-23-2010, 10:17 PM
The Bulls would probably be charged for rape if they pull this off, they get rid of solid but unreliable Deng for cap space, setting them up for a possible Lebron addition plus another star player, lets say Bosh or Joe.

Deng was 12th in MPG and 42nd in Minutes Played, wouldn't call that unreliable especailly when he put up 17.6/7.3 nightly.

The[chi][town]
06-23-2010, 10:18 PM
I've been told that Chris Broussard doesn't have a real source.

ive been told you have even less sources than chris broussard

29$JerZ
06-23-2010, 10:19 PM
I don't see why in the world L.A would commit around 10 million for Deng and trade down when they could just use Blake at the 3 or draft Aminu.

D Roses Bulls
06-23-2010, 10:20 PM
[town];13770561']ive been told you have even less sources than chris broussard

lmao......

arkanian215
06-23-2010, 10:21 PM
[town];13770561']ive been told you have even less sources than chris broussard

Which is twice as many as Woj.

RC3
06-23-2010, 10:23 PM
chris broussard is at it again. I hope all of these ESPN people are out.

tangent12
06-23-2010, 10:25 PM
chris broussard is at it again. I hope all of these ESPN people are out.

I bet if they'd be reporting rumors about New York and LeBron you'd say otherwise. Stop acting when things do not go according to your agenda.

camador22
06-23-2010, 10:25 PM
I've lost all respect for Chris Broussard. All of a sudden the Clippers have given up all hope on landing ANY free agent. Now their only hope is to take back a horrible contract with an injury prone player and not even try to land a FA :eyebrow:. Plus why not add the 10th pick for the 17th pick while we're at it. This senario is the type that would make the Gasol trade look like a pretty fair deal. Journalist should hold back on commenting in teams that they are fans of. It seem clear at this point that Broussard is a Bulls fan making outrages senarios.

Lakers4ItAll
06-23-2010, 10:26 PM
Bulls need to do whatever it takes to get rid of Deng. He is way overrated and is paid too much $$$.

D Roses Bulls
06-23-2010, 10:27 PM
I've lost all respect for Chris Broussard. All of a sudden the Clippers have given up all hope on landing ANY free agent. Now their only hope is to take back a horrible contract with an injury prone player and not even try to land a FA :eyebrow:. Plus why not add the 10th pick for the 17th pick while we're at it. This senario is the type that would make the Gasol trade look like a pretty fair deal. Journalist should hold back on commenting in teams that they are fans of. It seem clear at this point that Broussard is a Bulls fan making outrages senarios.

no broussard is a knicks fan and a lebron fan. he still believes lebron is going to the bulls so maybe thats why he has been talkin bout the bulls more.

fin_frenzy_84
06-23-2010, 10:31 PM
Knicks fans!!!! Look out!!! ESPN is out to get you!!!!

jeter 2
06-23-2010, 10:32 PM
I cannot see why the Clippers would give up their cap space, when they have been selling it to their fans. Does Luol Deng make them playoff contenders? I do not think so. It does not make sense to me why the Clippers would not give it a run to get a marquee free agent. Also if they cannot get marque free agents. Their cap space gives them options. They have a couple of trade-able assets. There is no point for the Clippers to surrender their cap space before July 1st.

beasted86
06-23-2010, 10:32 PM
I don't think this will happen.

1) It's impossible until July 1st when the Clippers get under the cap.... so disregard the whole draft picks exchange if it's even going to happen.

2) Either way this would have to be after LAC shops around their cap space they've hoarded the past season. Recall that they salary dumped Thornton just so they could get the space to offer a max contract. I don't see them taking on Deng just like that. They might as well had just kept Thornton on his rookie salary and sign a less than max player than take back Deng. Rudy Gay + Thornton + 8th > Deng + 17th + $3M cap space

3) Chris Broussard is not credible. His sources are BULL*****

tangent12
06-23-2010, 10:33 PM
Knicks fans!!!! Look out!!! ESPN is out to get you!!!!

Your signature will happen once again in the form of July 1st..

shep33
06-23-2010, 10:33 PM
In the past 24 hours I've never heard so many terrible trade rumors that make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

uptownfan
06-23-2010, 10:35 PM
I bet if they'd be reporting rumors about New York and LeBron you'd say otherwise. Stop acting when things do not go according to your agenda.
This is what I've said all along

fin_frenzy_84
06-23-2010, 10:35 PM
Honestly why do Heat and Knicks fans dont like th idea? Scared?

oak2455
06-23-2010, 10:36 PM
because this is another bullshiiiiiit thread that will not happen makes no sense whats so ever for the Clippers.... but for the Bulls it makes sense but this isnt happening:)

uptownfan
06-23-2010, 10:36 PM
Cute hyperbole, bud.

uptownfan
06-23-2010, 10:37 PM
Can I just ask why everyone who isn't a Bulls fan is hating on Deng? Maybe he is slightly overpaid, but you guys are acting like he is the Jamarcus Russell of the NBA for crying out loud. The guy is a solid player.

29$JerZ
06-23-2010, 10:39 PM
Can I just ask why everyone who isn't a Bulls fan is hating on Deng? Maybe he is slightly overpaid, but you guys are acting like he is the Jamarcus Russell of the NBA for crying out loud. The guy is a solid player.

I think only a few "hate" him for whatever reason. Overall I think the general opinion of Deng is he is a solid SF who isn't worth what his contract pays; also an injury risk each year.

camador22
06-23-2010, 10:41 PM

Definition of a fan :facepalm: Maybe

uptownfan
06-23-2010, 10:41 PM
I think only a few "hate" him for whatever reason. Overall I think the general opinion of Deng is he is a solid SF who isn't worth what his contract pays; also an injury risk each year.

Fair enough

ChiSox219
06-23-2010, 10:43 PM

He isn't overpaid. If PSDers took the time to look at the SF position and what is being paid for a player of similar production, you'll see Deng's pay is exactly what it should be.

uptownfan
06-23-2010, 10:43 PM
Definition of a fan :facepalm:
I'm acknowledging the fact that he is overpaid. I'm not being in denial about it. But the guy hasn't been a bum since he got his contract. Without Deng last season, the Bulls don't make the playoffs, and there's no doubt that he would be a solid edition to almost any team out there

Shammyguy3
06-23-2010, 10:44 PM
He isn't overpaid. If PSDers took the time to look at the SF position and what is being paid for a player of similar production, you'll see Deng's pay is exactly what it should be.

Thank you for finally pointing this out, but i doubt anyone will listen to it except for Bulls fans.

uptownfan
06-23-2010, 10:45 PM

Meh, he is a little bit, but it's not one of those deals that you dwell on by any means. Deng has been good for us, though

uptownfan
06-23-2010, 10:46 PM
And the only reason I say that Deng is a little overpaid is because I believe the Bulls could have offered Deng a lot less and he still would have accepted.

beasted86
06-23-2010, 10:46 PM
I'd honestly find this scenario a lot more realistic if it was actually posted after July 1st when it could actually happen under CBA rules.

Chris Broussard has clarified his lack of reliable sources.

29$JerZ
06-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Meh, he is a little bit, but it's not one of those deals that you dwell on by any means. Deng has been good for us, though

He is a good SF

I think people are tired of seeing constant Deng can be traded for mere CAP to allow Chicago to have more Cap blah blah blah

He is overpaid like you said but it isn't as bad as Lewis in Orlando or Gilbert in Washington.

I think it may be because whenever their is a rumor with his name in it the opposing team already has a SF and CAP :shrug:

knickerbockerny
06-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Chris Broussard strikes again with his bogus articles, sources and inside information. Where did ESPN find this guy at?

ChiSox219
06-23-2010, 10:53 PM
Thank you for finally pointing this out, but i doubt anyone will listen to it except for Bulls fans.

I hear that, people just don't put in the time and then look ignorant when they make incorrect statements.

camador22
06-23-2010, 10:53 PM
Chris Broussard strikes again with his bogus articles, sources and inside information. Where did ESPN find this guy at?

At the United Center screaming at Lebron to go to the Bulls

fin_frenzy_84
06-23-2010, 10:58 PM
Its funny how Knicks fans thinks ESPN is after them...Its also funny how Knicks fans think they are the best spot for free agents. Its also funny how knicks fans think there franchise is so great. Its also funny how they just know the Bulls are not gonna make trades or pick up anyone to help them but they think they can prob trade for Parker or CP3 and Okafor and sign Bosh and Bron...
Enough said.

Now I dont believe the trade to be real with you guys. I believe its more speculation.

HookerFighter
06-23-2010, 10:58 PM
It kind of makes sense, if the Bulls free up MORE cap space they could possible sign Lebron another free agent like Dirk or Ray Allen etc.....

I pooped my diaper in the 90's, my mah wasn't even there to touch my nips.

sean17c
06-23-2010, 10:59 PM
i think with deng the clippers could make the playoffs in the west.

he brings good defense and is a consistent shooter.

hugepatsfan
06-23-2010, 10:59 PM
I think LAC would be better off taking a SF at #8. I love Deng as a player, but it's not like they would compete for a title even with him. They would be a 7-8 seed at best even w/ Deng. I would rather take a SF at 8 and maintain the cap space for future moves.

fin_frenzy_84
06-23-2010, 11:05 PM
I think LAC would be better off taking a SF at #8. I love Deng as a player, but it's not like they would compete for a title even with him. They would be a 7-8 seed at best even w/ Deng. I would rather take a SF at 8 and maintain the cap space for future moves.

Clippers wont be able to compete for a title for awhile lol IMO now playoffs is a different story.

beasted86
06-23-2010, 11:05 PM

Contract size isn't the same to all teams.

Deng could get payed $12M to play for the Lakers and he is worth it. He'd be their 6th best player. Deng can't be paid $12M on the Bulls and plenty of other teams though.

At $12M on the Bulls even if they sign a max player... he is still their 2nd highest paid player and eating up roughly 20% of your cap space on a team trying to maximize it's assets because they are limited to a $56M cap.

Similarly Deng getting $12M on the Clippers is insane. He'd be their 2nd highest payed player, but he has "4th best player" impact on their winning.

avrpatsfan
06-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Rose
Hinrich
James
Bosh
Noah
6th Man: Taj Gibson

That's a very good lineup.

The Jokemaker
06-23-2010, 11:09 PM
This just in: Clips agree to take back all the Bulls contracts they dont wan't freeing them up with more money than any team so they can get three max free agents and swap out that new coach for Phil Jackson.

ChiSox219
06-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Contract size isn't the same to all teams.

Deng could get payed $12M to play for the Lakers and he is worth it. He'd be their 6th best player. Deng can't be paid $12M on the Bulls and plenty of other teams though.

At $12M on the Bulls even if they sign a max player... he is still their 2nd highest paid player and eating up roughly 20% of your cap space on a team trying to maximize it's assets because they are limited to a $56M cap.

Similarly Deng getting $12M on the Clippers is insane. He'd be their 2nd highest payed player, but he has "4th best player" impact on their winning.

The only player on the Clippers better than Deng, might be Blake Griffin.

This is the NBA, guys get paid based on what they can do and if look at SFs with similar production to Deng, you will get a salary of $10+ million on average.

If Deng is overpaid, what do you call Chris Kaman?

RocketsRule
06-23-2010, 11:11 PM
I haven't gotten confirmation on this from a team official

Stopped reading after this.

Cracka2HI!
06-23-2010, 11:13 PM
There is no way it takes a pick swap to get Deng if the Bulls sign LeBron. They would trade Deng's salary for nothing to try to add Bosh as well. If the Bulls don't land LeBron would trading Deng for the 8th pick even improve them? I don't think Brousard thought this one out very well.

Cracka2HI!
06-23-2010, 11:14 PM

This is the NBA, guys get paid based on what they can do and if look at SFs with similar production to Deng, you will get a salary of $10+ million on average.

An All-Star Center!

hugepatsfan
06-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Clippers wont be able to compete for a title for awhile lol IMO now playoffs is a different story.

But they could compete for a playoff spot if they took the Wake Forest Sf at #9. That would give them a potnetialy very good SF and cap flexibility. The Clippers have one hole in their lineup - SF. I like Deng as a player. But he should be a role player on a championship team. I don't think he's a guy that a lesser team should take.

fin_frenzy_84
06-23-2010, 11:21 PM
But they could compete for a playoff spot if they took the Wake Forest Sf at #9. That would give them a potnetialy very good SF and cap flexibility. The Clippers have one hole in their lineup - SF. I like Deng as a player. But he should be a role player on a championship team. I don't think he's a guy that a lesser team should take.

I agree about cap but Wake Forest SF is unproven. Deng is proven to be solid.

beasted86
06-23-2010, 11:23 PM

An All-Star Center!

:clap:

Aside from this, no disrespect to Deng, he's a solid player and all... but Thornton averaged 17 PPG, 5 REB and the Clippers went straight to the lottery. How does Deng improve them enough to grab a playoff spot that warrants giving up the 8th overall pick?

The Clippers have a cheap owner who is rumored to be looking to sell the team. Why take on Deng's $12M contract only to miss the playoffs anyway? Why not draft a $2M rookie and miss those same playoffs?

Lakers4ItAll
06-23-2010, 11:27 PM

Deng is garbage. The Bulls thought this guy was going to be #1 or #2 option and at best he has proven to be a #3 guy on a team. Not to mention his back being messed up. He should have been traded long ago for either KG Gasol Kobe or whoever else when teams wanted him, but no the stupid *** Bulls thought he was better than he is. IMO Deng isn't worthy of a starting spot on a good team but would be a great bench player

The Jokemaker
06-23-2010, 11:29 PM
I agree about cap but Wake Forest SF is unproven. Deng is proven to be solid.

You don't pay 12 millioin a year for solid. That's why no one else wants the guy.

ChiSox219
06-23-2010, 11:37 PM
An All-Star Center!

Not that he even deserved to be an injury sub, but that's another argument.

:clap:

Aside from this, no disrespect to Deng, he's a solid player and all... but Thornton averaged 17 PPG, 5 REB and the Clippers went straight to the lottery. How does Deng improve them enough to grab a playoff spot that warrants giving up the 8th overall pick?

The Clippers have a cheap owner who is rumored to be looking to sell the team. Why take on Deng's $12M contract only to miss the playoffs anyway? Why not draft a $2M rookie and miss those same playoffs?

Please don't mention Thornton and Deng in the same sentence. One is a selfish, inefficient player that plays no defense, while the other is the exact opposite.

I'm not saying LA should do this deal and unless the Bulls are guaranteed Lebron, I don't we should do this deal either. I'm just trying to illustrate Deng's value because few people, even Bulls fans that watch him weekly, don't see it.

Chicagofaithful
06-23-2010, 11:41 PM
wow that works pretty well for both teams...

effen5
06-23-2010, 11:42 PM
Deng is garbage. The Bulls thought this guy was going to be #1 or #2 option and at best he has proven to be a #3 guy on a team. Not to mention his back being messed up. He should have been traded long ago for either KG Gasol Kobe or whoever else when teams wanted him, but no the stupid *** Bulls thought he was better than he is. IMO Deng isn't worthy of a starting spot on a good team but would be a great bench player

Everything you have said is completely false....:clap:

JordansBulls
06-23-2010, 11:45 PM
17.6 ppg and 7.3 rpg is garbage on 47% FG.
Those are pretty much Pippen's numbers on the Bulls in 1991.

Cracka2HI!
06-23-2010, 11:45 PM
Not that he even deserved to be an injury sub, but that's another argument.

Please don't mention Thornton and Deng in the same sentence. One is a selfish, inefficient player that plays no defense, while the other is the exact opposite.

I'm not saying LA should do this deal and unless the Bulls are guaranteed Lebron, I don't we should do this deal either. I'm just trying to illustrate Deng's value because few people, even Bulls fans that watch him weekly, don't see it.

Most Clipper fans actually don't think Kaman deserved to go either. However he was just a notch below. Ironically Z-Bo is the guy who should have gone over him. Man if we didn't trade him for nothing! I agree with you about Thornton. He is garbage. I want Deng on the Clippers actually, but only if we get him for nothing. I do think Kaman is more valueable and a much bigger presence offensively then Deng but Deng would be a great fit on the Clippers! Neither player is overpaid IMO but Kaman at $10 million is a much better bargain than Deng who plays SF at $12 million.

Lakers4ItAll
06-23-2010, 11:48 PM
17.6 ppg and 7.3 rpg is garbage on 47% FG.
Those are pretty much Pippen's numbers on the Bulls in 1991.

#'s don't mean ****, TMac avrg 30+ Ppg one season on the worst team in the league.

Like I stated Deng doesn't deserve to start on a good team, he would be a great bench player tho

And you are ****ing nutts if you are compairing Deng to Pippen

DeShaun Brown
06-23-2010, 11:49 PM

Because Turk sucks and he's 6 years older than Deng.

fin_frenzy_84
06-23-2010, 11:53 PM
#'s don't mean ****, TMac avrg 30+ Ppg one season on the worst team in the league.

Like I stated Deng doesn't deserve to start on a good team, he would be a great bench player tho

You are ****ing nutts that you think Deng dont deserve to start on a good team... I can gurantee he can come on the Lakers and take Artest sorry *** job.

dnewguy
06-23-2010, 11:57 PM
Deng is just one of those guys with a good stat line but his presence doesn't make a team any better or worse.......just like Shawn Marion.

D1JM
06-23-2010, 11:57 PM
You are ****ing nutts that you think Deng dont deserve to start on a good team... I can gurantee he can come on the Lakers and take Artest sorry *** job.

hahahahah deng is way better than artest. The guy can shoot and play defense. Deng is barely 25 too. He still has to enter his prime

Chicagofaithful
06-23-2010, 11:59 PM

dude no one is going to take you seriously if you keep talking like that

please name all the SF's you think are so much better and should start over him.

Lebron
Melo
Gerald Wallace
Caron Butler
Paul Pierce
Granger
Durant

Those are the only ones i think you can absolutely say outright are better than Deng... every other has major flaws or can't be conclusively be determined as "better" than Deng. While i agree he's not the best player in the league, you're an absolute fool if you think hes a bench player in this league... Get real, and you criticized the bulls for thinking too much of him (which we clearly did) well guess what? your beloved Kobe Bryant said he wouldn't come to Chicago unless Deng was going to be there... so it looks like the Lakers and bulls both overrated him... but im sure you knew that :clap:

fin_frenzy_84
06-24-2010, 12:01 AM
hahahahah deng is way better than artest. The guy can shoot and play defense. Deng is barely 25 too. He still has to enter his prime

That is wha im saying. Deng is pretty damn good. He aint worth the money he is getting but it aint asbad as people think. He puts up 17 a game and 7 rebounds a game.(that is good) He is a very solid defender. Only way I really want him to go is if Bron comes but I can live with him here now.

ChiSox219
06-24-2010, 12:01 AM
Deng is just one of those guys with a good stat line but his presence doesn't make a team any better or worse.......just like Shawn Marion.

I can point you to four years worth of data that proves otherwise. Deng does a lot of stuff the average fan doesn't pay attention to, for example, help defense.

D1JM
06-24-2010, 12:02 AM
deng is just underrated. He doesnt have the best contract out there but there is a reason why kobe didnt want to move to bulls if deng was involved.

Lakers4ItAll
06-24-2010, 12:13 AM

Idiots

jaded01
06-24-2010, 12:13 AM
i would want to keep the 17 as well,doing both is too much

they are trying to dump salary... the 17 is worth like $1.2 mill or something. counterproductive. based on pure value deng > anything you get at the 8 spot but this is financially based. if they sign lebron to play sf deng is expendable and conveniently has the largest contract to get rid of.

D1JM
06-24-2010, 12:16 AM
Idiots

thats why the whole stadium would yell noooooo when artest would shoot. I bet everyone that was in that laker stadium was an idiot.

fin_frenzy_84
06-24-2010, 12:17 AM
Idiots
:facepalm:

This is prob wanna of the jokes who were in the riot in L.A.

ChiSox219
06-24-2010, 12:17 AM
thats why the whole stadium would yell noooooo when artest would shoot. I bet everyone that was in that laker stadium was an idiot.

D1, just ignore him, he's not worth your breath.

*Silver&Black*
06-24-2010, 12:18 AM

Nice.:clap:

jaded01
06-24-2010, 12:27 AM
coming from a chicago fan here:
artest is easily the best wing defender in basketball and he had years averaging 20 ppg. his offense kind of sucked with la (true) but that's because they run the triangle which leaves him doing nothing out on the corner waiting to shoot stupid threes. artest is better than deng, but deng would probably fit la's system better.

Lakers4ItAll
06-24-2010, 12:28 AM
So let me get this straight you people think Deng is better than Artest? LOL wow some people have no clue

Team*Chicago
06-24-2010, 12:34 AM
Idiots

That is exactly what a Laker fan is.

kozelkid
06-24-2010, 12:36 AM
So let me get this straight you people think Deng is better than Artest? LOL wow some people have no clue

Fairly easily too. Artest was awful this year. He had a terrific game 7, but for the most part hurt his team more than helped.
Hell make a thread on the NBA comparisons forum if you think it's so ludicrous.

Lakers4ItAll
06-24-2010, 12:38 AM
Fairly easily too. Artest was awful this year. He had a terrific game 7, but for the most part hurt his team more than helped.

So his defense on Durant in the 1st round meant nothing? Artest made more than 1 big shot thru the playoffs also. You guys are all smoking **** if you think Deng is half as good as Artest

D Roses Bulls
why is this turning into a thread about artest? its about trading deng.

fin_frenzy_84

Well I guess your the only one in the forum who does have a clue because as of right now your alone and yet to back up your opinion about Artest being better than Deng.

kozelkid
06-24-2010, 12:41 AM
So his defense on Durant in the 1st round meant nothing? Artest made more than 1 big shot thru the playoffs also. You guys are all smoking **** if you think Deng is half as good as Artest

His unbelievable inefficient offensive production meant something too.
He had a PER of 12. :laugh2:
He's been bad, get over it. Any non-Laker fan could tell you that.
He used to be good. He isn't the same anymore.

kozelkid
06-24-2010, 12:43 AM
D1, just ignore him, he's not worth your breath.

I also see what you mean.

Lakers4ItAll
06-24-2010, 12:43 AM
His unbelievable inefficient offensive production meant something too.
He had a PER of 12. :laugh2:
He's been bad, get over it. Any non-Laker fan could tell you that.
He used to be good. He isn't the same anymore.

Lakers got him for his defense not his offense and he did exactly what they needed him to do.

What has Deng ever done?

kozelkid
06-24-2010, 12:45 AM
Lakers got him for his defense not his offense and he did exactly what they needed him to do.

He hurt them more in the process as well. Probably wouldn't have gone to 7 if they had Ariza.

What has Deng ever done?

Play good defense, be one of the leading rebounding sf's and play efficient offense. A lot more than Artest has done this season

kozelkid
06-24-2010, 12:46 AM
Regardless, my work here is done, I know when I see a lost cause.

fin_frenzy_84
06-24-2010, 12:46 AM
He hurt them more in the process as well. Probably wouldn't have gone to 7 if they had Ariza.

Play good defense, be one of the leading rebounding sf's and play efficient offense. A lot more than Artest has done this season

GOT EM!!!!!! The dude is a homer.

kozelkid
06-24-2010, 12:50 AM
GOT EM!!!!!! The dude is a homer.

Oh well. I mean, sure in the end of the day the signing worked since they won the championship. But for the most part, it was in spite of him, not cause of him.

Kakaroach
06-24-2010, 12:57 AM
I could see this deal going through if the Clippers really believe that they won't get anyone in free agency. Deng is a solid wing player to add to an already talented team, and its not that big of a drop for a player like Luol Deng.

Team*Chicago
06-24-2010, 12:58 AM
Bulls need to do whatever it takes to get rid of Deng. He is way overrated and is paid too much $$$.

I can't believe what I'm about to type but I agree with you(Lakers fan). I'm a Bulls fan and even I don't want Deng anymore.

fin_frenzy_84
06-24-2010, 01:05 AM
I can't believe what I'm about to type but I agree with you(Lakers fan). I'm a Bulls fan and even I don't want Deng anymore.

Oh yeah I can agree about gettng rid of him but really Arest is better than Deng? That is just crazy.

Draco
06-24-2010, 01:07 AM
There is no way it takes a pick swap to get Deng if the Bulls sign LeBron. They would trade Deng's salary for nothing to try to add Bosh as well. If the Bulls don't land LeBron would trading Deng for the 8th pick even improve them? I don't think Brousard thought this one out very well.

He wasn't speculating, he reported what he heard.

Draco
06-24-2010, 01:10 AM
I could see this deal going through if the Clippers really believe that they won't get anyone in free agency. Deng is a solid wing player to add to an already talented team, and its not that big of a drop for a player like Luol Deng.

Who do you think they have a good chance to get that would be better than Deng? Deng wouldn't be a consolation prize because he's solid and fills a position of need.

29$JerZ
06-24-2010, 01:10 AM
He wasn't speculating, he reported what he heard.

I've been told that the Los Angeles Clippers could trade their No. 8 pick to Chicago for Luol Deng and the Bulls' 17th pick. I haven't gotten confirmation on this from a team official, but this trade is feasible because I know the Clippers aren't enamored with any of the guys they can get with the eighth pick.

That's some good hearing, he was told this deal was in the works or talked about but didn't get a confirmation from a team official :p

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-24-2010, 01:12 AM
Its funny how every Bulls fan is trying to justify how "good" Deng is and what are "great" deal this is when deep down inside all of them think hes a waste of money because a) he never even plays and b) he plays mediocre when he does.

90% of PSD that isnt a Bulls homer thinks this deal is ******** on so many different levels. It will restrict thing from doing anything this summer and future ones as well. When they realize he isnt worth a dime like you guys do, they'll wanna dump his *** in a lake rather than finding a trading partner because there wont be any. Just like there wont be any for you guys because this deal aint happening.

Draco
06-24-2010, 01:12 AM
That's some good hearing, he was told this deal was in the works or talked about but didn't get a confirmation from a team official :p

The clip fan I responded to suggested that Chris didn't think this scenario through. It wasn't his scenario. He didn't speculate.

Draco
06-24-2010, 01:14 AM
Its funny how every Bulls fan is trying to justify how "good" Deng is and what are "great" deal this is when deep down inside all of them think hes a waste of money because a) he never even plays and b) he plays mediocre when he does.

90% of PSD that isnt a Bulls homer thinks this deal is ******** on so many different levels. It will restrict thing from doing anything this summer and future ones as well. When they realize he isnt worth a dime like you guys do, they'll wanna dump his *** in a lake rather than finding a trading partner because there wont be any. Just like there wont be any for you guys because this deal aint happening.

Mostly the fans of teams who have a stake in this years free agency. :rolleyes:

ChiSox219
06-24-2010, 01:16 AM

Deng average the 12th most minutes per game in the league, played 42 most minutes, just behind Nash and in front of Monta Ellis. So much for "hardly plays"

Plays mediocre? Sure if you are the typical PSD who doesn't know the game well and thinks Amare is a great player.

I don't want to make this deal unless we are guaranteed Lebron.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-24-2010, 01:19 AM
Mostly the fans of teams who have a stake in this years free agency. :rolleyes:

Oh yea because we are all ******** our pants at the mighty Bulls :ohno:

Please, you people swear your an empire already and the offseason hasnt even begun. The only group of fans talking crap about FA are you guys. I pray to god they dont get anything to see how mighty and powerful you talk then lol

Draco
06-24-2010, 01:21 AM

Please, you people swear your an empire already and the offseason hasnt even begun. The only group of fans talking crap about FA are you guys. I pray to god they dont get anything to see how mighty and powerful you talk then lol

This is for you.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/social.media/06/23/comments.troll/index.html?hpt=Sbin

dbeastly
06-24-2010, 01:22 AM
Honestly why do Heat and Knicks fans dont like th idea? Scared?

It's not so much that us heat fans are scared, more like we are laughing that you guys think this trade will happen. Actually your right if I was the Clippers GM I would jump on this. I mean who wouldn't want to trade their lottery pick for a slow,injury prone,extremely over payed Sf when they can go after say....Rudy Gay/David Lee with that money?

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-24-2010, 01:24 AM
Deng average the 12th most minutes per game in the league, played 42 most minutes, just behind Nash and in front of Monta Ellis. So much for "hardly plays"

Plays mediocre? Sure if you are the typical PSD who doesn't know the game well and thinks Amare is a great player.

The past three seasons the guy has been injured missing a total of 58 games combined. I consider that hardly playing, but of course you Bull fans would think otherwise.

D1JM
06-24-2010, 01:24 AM
It's not so much that us heat fans are scared, more like we are laughing that you guys think this trade will happen. Actually your right if I was the Clippers GM I would jump on this. I mean who wouldn't want to trade their lottery pick for a slow,injury prone,extremely over payed Sf when they can go after say....Rudy Gay/David Lee with that money?

dbeastley come on i thought you were better analyst than this. You are always talking **** about bulls fan but here you have david lee? Why they need david lee when they have griffin? enlighten me

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-24-2010, 01:25 AM
This is for you.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/social.media/06/23/comments.troll/index.html?hpt=Sbin

How exactly am i being a troll?

D1JM
06-24-2010, 01:25 AM
The past three seasons the guy has been injured missing a total of 58 games combined. I consider that hardly playing, but of course you Bull fans would think otherwise.

i wonder how much wade's knee is going to hold out?

dbeastly
06-24-2010, 01:26 AM

I'm not sure if I got this but this sounds awfully a lot like you think Deng is even on the same level as Amare.

Draco

I agree if we're trying to maintain talent on our roster but how might the extra cap space affect 2011 free agency? I don't pay close attention to the numbers. I'm just aware that Noah's contract needs to be addressed soon.

ldc62
Its not like the Clippers are heading into rebuild mode. Not a terrible deal for both teams... but will the Clips still be able to sign a max? If not then its bad.

ChiSox219
This is for you.

Epic :clap:

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-24-2010, 01:27 AM
i wonder how much wade's knee is going to hold out?

And what does that have to do with anything? If you have nothing smart or worth reading to say, dont even say it.

D1JM
06-24-2010, 01:28 AM
And what does that have to do with anything? If you have nothing smart or worth reading to say, dont even say it.

so you are a smart reader too?

ChiSox219
06-24-2010, 01:29 AM
I'm not sure if I got this but this sounds awfully a lot like you think Deng is even on the same level as Amare.

I am very low on Amare, I think he's a net-negative player.

I think there are a lot of players on the same or higher level as Amare.

wmudford
06-24-2010, 01:30 AM
This is for you.

You **** that totally ****** my computer up

29$JerZ
06-24-2010, 01:31 AM
I agree if we're trying to maintain talent on our roster but how might the extra cap space affect 2011 free agency? I don't pay close attention to the numbers. I'm just aware that Noah's contract needs to be addressed soon.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/chicago.htm

Whatever salary you add this summer doesn't change 2011-2012 for you guys.
Only Noah would have to be extended so unless Chicago has a way to dump Hinrich/Deng together or just keep both your better off adding as much talent as you can now since the next season after this one you guys won't be players in CAP wise

dbeastly
06-24-2010, 01:34 AM
dbeastley come on i thought you were better analyst than this. You are always talking **** about bulls fan but here you have david lee? Why they need david lee when they have griffin? enlighten me

Pretty funny that most draft boards even had Griffin at the Sf and believed he could do it if presented the opportunity. He's not awfully slow for that position and I don't care what position you need I don't want Deng even if he's paying to play for me(Ok exaggerated). I didn't even put him there with something in mind, he just fits the description of FA and better than Luol Deng. That's all

D Roses Bulls
06-24-2010, 01:36 AM
Pretty funny that most draft boards even had Griffin at the Sf and believed he could do it if presented the opportunity. He's not awfully slow for that position and I don't care what position you need I don't want Deng even if he's paying to play for me(Ok exaggerated). I didn't even put him there with something in mind, he just fits the description of FA and better than Luol Deng. That's all

I dont remember that. griffin from what i remember has always been projected as a power forward and plays the game like a PF. he would get eaten alive if he was put as a small forward by these quicker guys. he's a pf, not a sf

D1JM
06-24-2010, 01:36 AM

come on man they had him at sf cuz they had camby, kaman and randolph

wmudford
06-24-2010, 01:38 AM
I am very low on Amare, I think he's a net-negative player.

I think there are a lot of players on the same or higher level as Amare.

Suns fan here. x2 amare is a cancer, a waste of money and space. How else do you explain 04-05 when the suns went to wcf without him? You had nash/marion/bell/barbosa and a bunch of crap players. Only one of them are really great players and a guy on Amare's level should have been able to at least get them over the hump. Id take deng on my team before him. At least he rebounds the same rate at the SF position.

ChiSox219
06-24-2010, 01:42 AM
Suns fan here. x2 amare is a cancer, a waste of money and space. How else do you explain 04-05 when the suns went to wcf without him? You had nash/marion/bell/barbosa and a bunch of crap players. Only one of them are really great players and a guy on Amare's level should have been able to at least get them over the hump. Id take deng on my team before him. At least he rebounds the same rate at the SF position.

Glad to hear you share the same opinion but sad that you guys have been stuck with him. I love Nash and really want to see him get the ring he deserves.

D1JM
06-24-2010, 01:44 AM

at least give nash a chance for the finals

fin_frenzy_84
06-24-2010, 02:11 AM

Haha you sir are a hater. We aint saying nothing about empire and saying they will all go to us but I can say I gurantee we will get 1 max. We have a large city and a great one. We have Rose and Noah to play with. We have a new coach who was the defensive coach who knocked out a few of the players in FA teams of the playoffs. He also finished the league 16 times in top 10 defense. History of the Chicago Bulls is great. We also had te best player of all time to play on our court and for us.(Now im guessing you are gonna say who wants to play in MJ Shadow)... Anyways this is why we all know we will get a max free agent. Also IMO the people who deserve Max contracts to me is Wade, Bosh, Lebron and we will get one of them and it wont be Wade lol.

Oh yeah and also one of the teams are new coach help put out is Miami Heat HATER!!!!!

Also your boy D-Wade is acting scared as well trying to tell the FA that our organization is screwed up... hahaha
He knows Chicago is a hotspot for FA and that is why he made up the BS

NYK_kidd77
06-24-2010, 02:15 AM
I think Deng can be moved but i dont know about this deal. I thought it was just something Braussard came up with without checking with the front offices or something like that.

_Supreme_
06-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Why the hell would the Clippers do a deal like this and ruin their chances at Lebron at the same time :eyebrow:

And yes, they do have a shot at Lebron.

Also look at the source. That guy is full of crap like most of the other BSPN's garbage "journalists". This is most likely another bs rumor.

Stunner
06-24-2010, 11:49 AM
My take on Clippers/Bulls Deng rumor - for LAC? July debate not June
about 13 hours ago via TweetDeck Eric Pinus

NYtilIdie
06-24-2010, 01:49 PM
Why the hell would the Clippers do a deal like this and ruin their chances at Lebron at the same time :eyebrow:

And yes, they do have a shot at Lebron.

Also look at the source. That guy is full of crap like most of the other BSPN's garbage "journalists". This is most likely another bs rumor.

I haven't gotten confirmation on this from a team official.
We all should have stopped reading after that. Its just Broussard talking his usual BS and the key word in that link is "BLOG" which means its just someone stating their opinion with no facts. Why in the hell would LAC trade their 8th pick for an overpaid SF who's contract just increases as the years go on and waste cap space on him until 2013?

Wait, so the Clippers want to through away all that cap space that they could possibly throw at Boozer or Amare for Deng and help a possible FA Market threat? That makes perfect sense! What im still trying to figure out is why haven't the Heat or Knicks jumped on this blockbuster deal yet!