PDA

View Full Version : Report says Boston Celtics could trade Rajon Rondo for Chris Paul?

CelticCat
06-23-2010, 09:15 PM
The guys over at the Bleacher Report take hold of the rumors swirling around New Orleans Hornets (the most ridiculous name in sports this side of the Utah Jazz) point guard Chris Paul. For those that are unaware, Paul is a bit unhappy in New Orleans and would like to be traded to a contender. There were indications this week that any team that might acquire Paul would then vault into the lead of the LeBron James sweepstakes. Apparently, King James would look hard at any team that has Chris Paul as a member. TBR looks at 10 players that could potentially be traded for Paul in a realistic scenario. Of course, Kentuckyís own Rajon Rondo is one of the targets. Says Bleach:

It would be great from the Hornetsí point of view, since they would be swapping elite point guards while saving money. The question would be if the Celtics would accept the trade.

Considering the Cís just made the NBA Finals with Rondo at the helm, I would say thatís doubtful at best.

Iím not sure I agree. There have been some problems between Rondo and his teammates this year and there is a general consensus that Paul is either the #1 or #2 PG in the NBA. Of all the players that could be traded for Paul, Rondo actually makes the most sense for both teams. NO gets their unhappy PG to a team that is a contender and receives a PG that is a top 10 PG, an NBA champion, and hasnít reached his full potential. It also gives the Celtics the inside track on LeBron. With the potential departures of Ray Allen (free agent), Rasheed Wallace (retirement), and Mr. Candace Parker, this would be a strong move for Boston.

TBR goes on to include a trade of Paul for Tayshaun Prince. I think we can all agree that, no matter how much we all love Prince, there is no way you trade Paul for him. That just isnít going to happen, but it would be cool if Tayshaun was traded to the Hornets and Detroit received Paul and then lucked into Boogie in the draft. Would there be a better situation for our beloved center? I also donít trust any NBA GM to make a smart move so maybe this Paul for Prince trade could actually happen.

So, I put it to you, gentle KSR reader: Who ya got? Paul for Rondo? Or would you rather see Motor City rock the Cousins/Paul combo? Or do you have any other bright ideas? Letís hear it in the comments.

GSW Hoops
06-23-2010, 09:20 PM
I'd trade Rondo for Paul in a heartbeat if I were the Celtics. He could be their next-generation centerpiece, something Rondo isn't.

plpfctn
06-23-2010, 09:29 PM
bad move for NO. Paul is a 1000xs better than Rondo.

AI4MVP
06-23-2010, 09:31 PM
after this happens and paul wins a championship, id like to see rondo come back and talk **** to CP3

Raptor-54
Nooo Peaseee!!

CelticCat
bad move for NO. Paul is a 1000xs better than Rondo.

I agree bad move for NO but lets face it NO isnt committed to winning and Paul wants to be on a winning franchise.

ATL_Representa
06-23-2010, 09:32 PM
The hawks have a chance 2 make up for passing up on him by trading for him....They have 2 find a way 2 make this happen...For once atlanta needs 2 step up and take advantage of a superstar pg being available..

If i were the hawks I would offer a package of Al Horford+Jamal Crawford+Jeff Teague+A future 1st round pick..I would even throw in the rights to Josh Childress 2 get it done!!

Make it happen atlanta!!

AI4MVP
06-23-2010, 09:36 PM
has a bleacher report rumor ever been correct

tredigs
06-23-2010, 09:41 PM

Exactly. This is a BLEACHER REPORT.

It has no more validity than some random guy on PSD discussing this as a possible option in some "wish list" thread.

With all the rumors swirling around, people need to wait until AT LEAST a credible sports writer comes out with a "tweet" that says a team is seriously considering one trade or the other due to "multiple league sources".

At this point this is nothing more than some random kids opinion. And the OP didn't even give a link. This needs to be closed.

CelticCat
06-23-2010, 09:43 PM

lol No but its fun to think about the possibilites anyway.

mark1125
06-23-2010, 09:43 PM
The next person who posts a bleacher report as anything other than idle gossip should be banned on the spot. :facepalm:

pistonsfanomg
06-23-2010, 09:44 PM
If this deal happens

I wonder how Rondo will do in New Orleans.

This would be a heartbreaker deal for Hornets fans

Chris Paul is way better than Rondo

Plus why would Hornets swap for a PG? They already have Collison

CelticCat
06-23-2010, 09:45 PM
Rondo would be pretty upset because he probably wants to be a Celtic for his entire career. Being a Laker, or a Celtic are career locations for most elite players.

still1ballin
06-23-2010, 09:46 PM
/thread

JordansBulls
06-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Bleacher report is an opinion website not an actual source.