PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Rookies heading into the 2010 - 2011 seaon

Dev Tha Kid
06-23-2010, 07:46 PM
This thread is based on my opinion, and logical reason. These are the top 5 guys I believe will have an nice impact on the NBA in there rookie year, and for years to come.:cool:

1. Evan Turner: This guy can straight up ball, he has he size and strength to play in the NBA. He is very quick off the dribble, and can finish in the paint. If the draft plays out how it is supposed to be the Sixers will get Turner, except big numbers, and a fearless young man.
Projected Stats: 17.8 ppg, 6.8 reb, 4.5 ast, 1.7 stl, 0.8 blk

2. Blake Griffin: If Blake Griffin can stay healthy watch out for this kid, He can BALL! He was an beast in collage, and I believe he will continue to be a beast in the NBA. Blake will have to work on his shooting, and player smarter on both ends of the court.
Projected Stats: 18.3 ppg, 8.4 reb,1.6 ast, 0.7 stl, 0.9 blk

3. John Wall: Okay, we all know the story of Wall. He is simply amazing, Probably the most hyped played. In my opinion Wall will have an impact on the NBA, but he will have to develop a consistent jump shot, and work together with this team mates for success.
Projected Stats: 15.7 ppg, 4.2 reb, 4.7 ast, 1.5 stl, 0.4 blk

4. DeMarcus Cousins: We all love this kid, but we can often get caught on a players upside. Don't get me wrong, this guy is a great big man, but he tends to lose his composer. He got upset a lot in collage basketball, gave up on the defense end at times. Now on to Cousins upside, he is very physical attacking the basketball, great post moves, and big guy to guard down-low, and he crashes the boards. If Cousins goes to Kings he will help that squad win games, with no true down low presence for the kings, Cousins will fit the role perfect.
Projected Stats: 14.7 ppg, 9.4 reb, 1.1 ast, 0.3 stl, 1.6 blk

5. Greg Monroe: Monroe is the one of the best big man in the whole draft class in my opinion, his face up game is nice. Greg can put the ball on the deck and finish at the basket, he has great handles. But if he wants to be a great big man in this league he will have have to improve his post game, and compete on the defense end of the court. Monroe tends to play in the high post, he will have to extend his arsenal in the low post.
Projected Stats: 12.7 ppg, 7.8 reb, 2.4 ast, 0.6 stl, 1.3 blk

Honorable Mon-mentions Rounding out the bottom 5: Wesley Johnson, Derrick Favors, Ed Davis, Gordon Hayward, Patrick Patterson

Rookie Of the Year

tdunk21
06-23-2010, 07:48 PM
its a bit early to create this thread....

favors

bigsams50
06-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Derrick Favors

Swashcuff
06-23-2010, 08:10 PM
i know its early but i like this discussion

MagicBucsSox
06-23-2010, 08:12 PM
the fight is fixed, john wall will have the balled all game, he has the advantage

MagicBucsSox
06-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Derrick Favors

im not tryna spark nothing with you but i dont see "it'' in this guy like everyone else.

Lloyd Christmas
06-23-2010, 08:14 PM
I voted Griffin. Everyone forgets how unstoppable he was a year ago.

X12Celtics3
06-23-2010, 08:18 PM
John Wall will be the point guard on a team that doesn't have all that many weapons on offense. I voted for him, because as long as he can be a decent scorer in the NBA, he will look good as one of the Wizards top options on offense. However, there will be a lot of pressure on him, and the team around him won't make it easy for him to rack up assists most likely, so if his scoring isn't as good as expected then he might not look that great.

I know absolutely nothing about most players before I see them in the NBA, because I don't follow college sports at all. Wall certainly sounds like a capable scorer based on what I've read, but his jump shot isn't great, I guess...

avrpatsfan
06-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Great first post. Welcome to PSD! I personally think that Turner will have a bigger impact than Evans but that's just me. I say 22 points a game as a rookie.

j-bay
06-23-2010, 08:22 PM
John wallin

Swashcuff
06-23-2010, 08:28 PM
I'm going Evan Turner on this one. I'm still a big Wall critic and quite frankly I don't believe in all the hype. Gonna be a real nice star PG in the league and some day Top 5 but I really don't see him being better than Evan Turner next season.

Dev Tha Kid
06-24-2010, 02:47 PM
I'm going Evan Turner on this one. I'm still a big Wall critic and quite frankly I don't believe in all the hype. Gonna be a real nice star PG in the league and some day Top 5 but I really don't see him being better than Evan Turner next season.

I agree with you, I personally Think Wall will be good but he needs more time to develop his skill set

heatking
06-24-2010, 02:54 PM
I say it will be Blake Griffin, he has 1 or 2 years more of experience than the other guys, and he will immediatly start. As for John Wall he still has Arenas to compete with, and its usually harder for guards to adapt than big man.

I think if blake griffin stays healthy the clippers have a legit chance to be an above .500 team. As for the better pro it will clearly be John Wall. He Can be anything from Drose to Dwade.

xabial
06-24-2010, 02:57 PM
76ers will rebound this year, after making the playoffs the year before. Evan Turner has the better team, the better enviorment, and the better situation. Hes a good player too. Im going to go on a limb and say Evan Turner. But its pretty close Imo

DaBUU
06-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Griffen

Raydogg909
06-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Personally I see Favors as a great player but I think he's going to be worst than Bosh and better than L. Aldridge! Somewhere in that range!!

Throwing a name out there...Xavier Henry lol!!

wildfan7
06-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Favors! I love this kid! He will be 20/10 by his second year!

Klivlend
06-24-2010, 03:20 PM
Blake Griffin. He's had a year to get healthy, mature and study the pro game. After watching and not playing for a year, he has to be the hungriest rookie. He will be a beast this year. Watch out

pebloemer
06-24-2010, 03:24 PM
I voted Griffin. Everyone forgets how unstoppable he was a year ago.

I voted Griffin too. It depends what trade Washington and Philly make, but Turner may have to share the ball a lot with Iggy, Holiday, Brand, L.Will, Speights. Arenas and Wall could have troubles sharing. Trades could change these scenarios, but Griffin is the player with the clearest role at the moment and the best opportunity to showcase IMO.

xabial
06-24-2010, 03:37 PM
I say it will be Blake Griffin, he has 1 or 2 years more of experience than the other guys, and he will immediatly start. As for John Wall he still has Arenas to compete with, and its usually harder for guards to adapt than big man.

I think if blake griffin stays healthy the clippers have a legit chance to be an above .500 team. As for the better pro it will clearly be John Wall. He Can be anything from Drose to Dwade.

uh oh, Shouldnt have said that. Good luck. ;)

ldc62
06-24-2010, 05:18 PM
This thread is based on my opinion, and logical reason. These are the top 5 guys I believe will have an nice impact on the NBA in there rookie year, and for years to come.:cool:

1. Evan Turner: This guy can straight up ball, he has he size and strength to play in the NBA. He is very quick off the dribble, and can finish in the paint. If the draft plays out how it is supposed to be the Sixers will get Turner, except big numbers, and a fearless young man.
Projected Stats: 17.8 ppg, 6.8 reb, 4.5 ast, 1.7 stl, 0.8 blk

2. Blake Griffin: If Blake Griffin can stay healthy watch out for this kid, He can BALL! He was an beast in collage, and I believe he will continue to be a beast in the NBA. Blake will have to work on his shooting, and player smarter on both ends of the court.
Projected Stats: 18.3 ppg, 8.4 reb,1.6 ast, 0.7 stl, 0.9 blk

3. John Wall: Okay, we all know the story of Wall. He is simply amazing, Probably the most hyped played. In my opinion Wall will have an impact on the NBA, but he will have to develop a consistent jump shot, and work together with this team mates for success.
Projected Stats: 15.7 ppg, 4.2 reb, 4.7 ast, 1.5 stl, 0.4 blk

4. DeMarcus Cousins: We all love this kid, but we can often get caught on a players upside. Don't get me wrong, this guy is a great big man, but he tends to lose his composer. He got upset a lot in collage basketball, gave up on the defense end at times. Now on to Cousins upside, he is very physical attacking the basketball, great post moves, and big guy to guard down-low, and he crashes the boards. If Cousins goes to Kings he will help that squad win games, with no true down low presence for the kings, Cousins will fit the role perfect.
Projected Stats: 14.7 ppg, 9.4 reb, 1.1 ast, 0.3 stl, 1.6 blk

5. Greg Monroe: Monroe is the one of the best big man in the whole draft class in my opinion, his face up game is nice. Greg can put the ball on the deck and finish at the basket, he has great handles. But if he wants to be a great big man in this league he will have have to improve his post game, and compete on the defense end of the court. Monroe tends to play in the high post, he will have to extend his arsenal in the low post.
Projected Stats: 12.7 ppg, 7.8 reb, 2.4 ast, 0.6 stl, 1.3 blk

Honorable Mon-mentions Rounding out the bottom 5: Wesley Johnson, Derrick Favors, Ed Davis, Gordon Hayward, Patrick Patterson

Rookie Of the Year

http://rushthecourt.net/mag/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/ETurnerDribble.jpg

Your list sucks. John Wall, Blake Griffin, Evan Turner, Derrick Favors, D. Cousins.

Corey
06-24-2010, 05:31 PM
I adamantly believe that Turner is the best player in this draft.

NYKalltheway
06-24-2010, 05:52 PM
Evan Turner or a surprise one(late 1st rounder maybe)