PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Trip

ChiTownBearCub
06-23-2010, 11:46 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm coming to Chicago for the first time Aug 16-22 and trying to get in as much as possible. I have some questions and if any of you could help it would be greatly appreciated?

For a Cubs game

Where should I sit? When should I buy ticket? (I was thinking if I waited they would drop in prices if they're struggling which sadly it appears so.) If I try to sit in the bleachers is it first come first serve? And if it is, how early should I get to the game to get a good seat?

I'm staying at a hotel near Soldier field so I think it's kind of far from Wrigley. If I want easy transportation what is the best way to get around. Also where are the good bars/clubs at?

Thank you guys all so much. Add any tourist spots that are cool or anything i'm just trying to have a good time. Sorry for all of the questions. GO CUBS.

cheerio
06-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Buy early, look at stubhub for tickets

Captain Obvious
06-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Buy early, look at stubhub for tickets

No, no, and no. Wait to buy.

I would suggest you talk to Croce, he is the ticket master around here.

hrubes20
06-23-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm not from the Chicago area either, but my family usually makes an annual trip to Chicago for a couple games. Obviously the L train is the easiest and cheapest form of transportation. It will take you right to Wrigley, downtown, etc. Pretty much anywhere you want to go. I am past the bar scene days, but I know there are a few really good bars right around Wrigley. As for food, we have eaten at quite a few decent places, but the one we make a point of going to is Giordano's (sp?). They have some pretty delicious stuffed pizza, if you are into that. I don't remember exactly where it is at, but I think it is about a block or two away from the Sears tower.

ChiTownBearCub
06-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Thank you guys for anything. Keep all ideas coming. And hopefully Croce will come and talk about the tickets. I'm pretty exciting for this trip. Never been to Wrigley before. I'm also going to the Bears preseason game against the Raiders. Should be a good time.

Matchstckman
06-23-2010, 02:19 PM
Stay out of our city!

We don't want no outsiders!

behindmydesk
06-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Wait till after the 1st inning and buy tickets from a scalper, or watch stubhub as it gets closer, with the craptastic season we are having tickets are going cheap. I lost money on the tickets i bought and sold

Take the L it picks up near soldier and goes right by wrigley (it's a train)

croce_99
06-23-2010, 04:48 PM
By the time august 16th arrives, fans will be giving tickets away.

Don't buy them now. Wait until a day or two before the game you select to buy tickets.
August 16th - 20th will cost NOTHING. August 21st/22nd will cost you face value at the most since it's a weekend.
Just let me know how much you're willing to spend per ticket, and where you would like to sit. Do you want a nice view of the game or do you plan on drinking until you pass out at the game? How many people will be there with you? Family....friends...?

Tickets should be the last thing you worry about. They are so easy to get.

Tehjosha
06-23-2010, 05:05 PM
By the time august 16th arrives, fans will be giving tickets away.

Don't buy them now. Wait until a day or two before the game you select to buy tickets.
August 16th - 20th will cost NOTHING. August 21st/22nd will cost you face value at the most since it's a weekend.
Just let me know how much you're willing to spend per ticket, and where you would like to sit. Do you want a nice view of the game or do you plan on drinking until you pass out at the game? How many people will be there with you? Family....friends...?

Tickets should be the last thing you worry about. They are so easy to get.

What kind of ticket advising do you play?

Brad IBCB
06-23-2010, 05:15 PM
If you like a good burger, go to Murphys.

I can't go to Wrigley without stopping there.

Matchstckman
06-23-2010, 06:15 PM
If you like a good burger, go to Murphys.

I can't go to Wrigley without stopping there.

If you want good Nachos go to Goose Island (before it's closed down to make room for a grocery store).

Also, try the Green Line pale ale.

Cub_StuckinSTL
06-23-2010, 06:41 PM
If you want good Nachos go to Goose Island (before it's closed down to make room for a grocery store).

If you're going to Goose Island get their sampler. You get the option of trying 4 of their beers each in 5oz glasses and its pretty reasonably priced. And since when is that going to be a grocery store you mutt theres one right on broadway a couple blocks away

ChiTownBearCub
06-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Another question. Does t he L Train go 24 hours? I'm flying into O'hare and my hotel is closer to soldier field (The Hyatt Regency McCormick Place.) How should I go about getting there? I heard about this L train pass that allows you to ride the trains and busses for 7 days for 28 dollars or something like that.

Cub_StuckinSTL
06-25-2010, 01:39 PM
They dont run 24hours certain lines shut down at different times and I can't recall the specifics sorry. That being said if you're out late at a bar in wrigley it will only cost you about 20 bucks to get back to your hotel in a cab. Not really that bad. Also I know the 3 day passes cost like 14 so it would make sense that the 7 day ones cost 28. I usually bought them for people at money transfer place and they are a great deal if you have 1 round trip a day they're practically paid for.

behindmydesk
06-25-2010, 03:19 PM

are you being sarcastic, or are they going to tear down goose island?