PDA

View Full Version : Which scenario would you rather happen for you?

jacquewho?
06-23-2010, 03:07 AM
Imagine this.

You are an NBA player. You're team is tied with the other with 10 seconds to go. It has been a long, hard fought out game for you. As your team gets the ball, your teammate PG passes you the ball to shoot and you make the shot that puts you guys ahead with 3 seconds left in the game.

Would you rather:

Have made this shot at an opposing stadium? - You hear the moans and groans of all the other team's fans while you celebrate. If you are having trouble picturing this scenario, think of JRich's 3 in LA during that series that put Phoenix ahead with just a few seconds left and him walking off the court to his teammates with that bad*** look.

OR

Have made this shot at your home stadium? - You relish in the loud screaming and cheers as you are embraced by your teammates.

Kinda a fun topic to talk about...I had this conversation with my friends and I probably would choose the making the shot at an opposing stadium. Shutting everybody up is something I dream of and relishing in my bad***ness of the moment feeling while everyone else is quiet, upset, and pissed off.

abe_froman
06-23-2010, 03:17 AM
home-everyone in the corwad would love me and i could have anything my heart desires in that city that njight

EddieR19
06-23-2010, 03:28 AM
on the road - nothing better then sinking a shot and the entire arena goes dead quiet.

shep33
06-23-2010, 03:30 AM
Away no question. Probably the epitomy of this scenario happend when Kobe hit those jumpers at the end of game 6... just silence after, and heartbreak. Haha hence the Suns' fan reaction at 11 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-EJrMx07K8

iggypop123
06-23-2010, 03:33 AM
well i would rather have a one shot deal not a desperation luck driven shot like richarson. if anything the crowd is deflated but not by the shot but by the home teams lack of rebounding.

iggypop123
06-23-2010, 03:34 AM
Away no question. Probably the epitomy of this scenario happend when Kobe hit those jumpers at the end of game 6... just silence after, and heartbreak. Haha hence the Suns' fan reaction at 11 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-EJrMx07K8

is that a closeted suns fan there in that video? who would cheer in a orange shirt for kobe.

shep33
06-23-2010, 04:03 AM
is that a closeted suns fan there in that video? who would cheer in a orange shirt for kobe.

that's what I thought at first, but his face seems angry more than anything. Haha but I'm pretty sure he's a Suns fan, and I think its an angry reaction.

ChiSox219
06-23-2010, 04:05 AM
I love when you get the angle from the opposite basket and the home team makes the game winner, all the fans rise simultaneously, awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fD1MNjkPFs

kArSoN RyDaH
06-23-2010, 04:08 AM
imagine this.

You are an nba player. You're team is tied with the other with 10 seconds to go. It has been a long, hard fought out game for you. As your team gets the ball, your teammate pg passes you the ball to shoot and you make the shot that puts you guys ahead with 3 seconds left in the game.

Would you rather:

have made this shot at an opposing stadium? - you hear the moans and groans of all the other team's fans while you celebrate. If you are having trouble picturing this scenario, think of jrich's 3 in la during that series that put phoenix ahead with just a few seconds left and him walking off the court to his teammates with that bad*** look.

or

have made this shot at your home stadium? - you relish in the loud screaming and cheers as you are embraced by your teammates.

Kinda a fun topic to talk about...i had this conversation with my friends and i probably would choose the making the shot at an opposing stadium. Shutting everybody up is something i dream of and relishing in my bad***ness of the moment feeling while everyone else is quiet, upset, and pissed off.

but didnt they lost that game? If im not mistaken a man by the name of ron artest had a little something for ya that game. Hahahahahaha

braveniler58
06-23-2010, 04:22 AM
I'd prefer to do it at home. While doing it on the road would be awesome, I'd prefer to have my crowd erupting and taking that scene in, instead of just silence. I'm deaf, so I don't rely on the volume of the crowd; I rely on their level of animation.

B.JenningsMVP
06-23-2010, 04:26 AM
On the road.. Make the fans STFU lol

Bruno
06-23-2010, 04:33 AM
I thought about this before the Lakers/Celtics finals forgetting about the 2-3-2 format, wondering what it would be like if the Lakers beat Boston in Boston. The Lakers weren't going to be beating Boston in five so i dismissed it, but I asked myself the same question.

I think it depends on the player. If i were to use Kobe as an example would I want to see him beating Boston in The Garden, or would I want to see him win it home in front of all the fans, not having done so since his first championship in 2000 (2001, 2002, 2009 all on the road). I think it depends on the player/situation.