PDA

View Full Version : Randy LaJoie Indefinitely Suspended By NASCAR and ESPN

Nascar-NJDevils
06-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Former Nationwide Series champion Randy LaJoie has been suspended indefinitely by NASCAR for failing a drug test.

According to a NASCAR press release, LaJoie was tested on June 11 while under NASCAR license to work for the Joe Gibbs Racing No. 18 Nationwide Series team.

LaJoie revealed Tuesday afternoon during an interview on Sirius NASCAR Radio that he tested positive for marijuana use. LaJoie said he would also be suspended by Bristol based ESPN. LaJoie works for the network as an analyst.

"Guilty as charged," LaJoie said during an interview with Sirius NASCAR Radio host Dave Moody. "It was a stupid thing. It was an isolated incident."

". . . It just sucks. At the end of the day, you can't fix stupid. God that's got to be the dumbest thing I've ever done in my life. But I've got to turn this negative into a positive. If I can help people out there I'm going to help people."

LaJoie revealed during the interview on Sirius that he used marijuana following the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway in Concord, N.C. on May 30.

"I'm not Cheech and Chong," LaJoie said. "It was an isolated incident. Guilty? Yes. Did I do it? Yes. Why? I don't know. It was one those moments.

". . . I've been donating time for years at the Speedway giving rides on golf carts, hauling people around. ... It was after the 600 in a campground and it was a pretty good party going on. Jeez, I wish I would have took the wrong. I wish I didn't pick up that group that I picked up. But at the end of the day, they didn't hold a gun to my head either. It's all me."

http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/2010/06/pinched-randy-lajoie-fails-nas.html