PDA

View Full Version : Bucks Acquire Corey Maggette

GoatMilk
06-22-2010, 05:28 PM
The Bucks completed a trade late Tuesday afternoon to acquire forward Corey Maggette from the Golden State Warriors in exchange for guard Charlie Bell and center Dan Gadzuric, according to basketball sources.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/96920999.html

good job Warriors

Ragun
06-22-2010, 05:29 PM
i like it for the bucks.

abe_froman
06-22-2010, 05:29 PM
so salmons gone??

GoatMilk
06-22-2010, 05:31 PM
so salmons gone??

yeah, i think he's going to opt out
Bucks realize this, and jumped quickly

xbrackattackx
06-22-2010, 05:31 PM
Bucks will have some scoring now.

RocketsRule
06-22-2010, 05:33 PM
so salmons gone??

Not necessarily.

PG: Brandon Jennings
SG: John Salmons
SF: Corey Maggette
PF: Ersan Ilyosova
C: Andrew Bogut

That's a pretty damn good team.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-22-2010, 05:34 PM
The Warriors can triple suck me.

If they wanted expiring, I would have offered Marcus Banks and Reggie Evans.

abe_froman
06-22-2010, 05:36 PM
Not necessarily.

true,but their styles are pretty similar and they still have redd who will opt in

mgsports
06-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Yes but those players are on the Raptors.
Good Trade.
Beat others Teams that wanted him.

DE9394
06-22-2010, 05:38 PM
i think this just means they want to draft Aminu

Jonathan2323
06-22-2010, 05:38 PM
Not necessarily.

John Salmons is opting out of his contract and unlikely to return there.

Tony_Starks
06-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Very nice move by the Bucks. Salmons already told them he's opting out but I would try to re-sign him too. Start one and bring the other off the bench for a scoring boost.

Lo Porto
06-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Impressive trade by the Warriors. So I guess this means that Biedrins is on the block?

$KnicksAndKobe$
06-22-2010, 05:42 PM
Another RJ situation?

mgsports
06-22-2010, 05:43 PM
To the Magic play Starting PF.

iFYouSeekAmy
06-22-2010, 05:44 PM
Finally! We've been waiting to unload Mag's awful contract.

Now Warriors get a center and ANOTHER 6'3 SG.

xabial
06-22-2010, 05:45 PM
was this a salarry dump by GS? or did they get equal talent for the proven scorer Corey Maggette.

Jays Claw
06-22-2010, 05:51 PM
I like it for the Bucks.

They get a scoring wing in Corey Maggette to compliment Andrew Bogut and Brandon Jennings. He'll definetly help out with their stagnant offense.

The only thing I'm confused with is that they picked up a defensive liability. I hope Scott Skiles can teach him some proper defense.

Robbw241
06-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Maggettes contract :puke:

drama1386
06-22-2010, 05:56 PM
I like it for the Bucks.

They get a scoring wing in Corey Maggette to compliment Andrew Bogut and Brandon Jennings. He'll definetly help out with their stagnant offense.

The only thing I'm confused with is that they picked up a defensive liability. I hope Scott Skiles can teach him some proper defense.

skiles will be able to teach him defense. and if he's not willing to learn, he'll bench his *****!

anyways, i really like it for my bucks. we get a very good scoring wing who will GET TO THE FREE THROW LINE. and we got rid of 2 scrubs. man, john hammond is trying to repeat as GM of the year!

Jays Claw
Was this a salary dump by Golden State?

Absolutely!

Did they get equal talent for the proven scorer Corey Maggette is?

Of course not.

The Warriors picked up a package of Charlie Bell and Dan Gadzuric. In my opinion, that ain't even close to the value of Corey Maggette. This was just a pure salary dump.

Kakaroach
Maggete's contract is indeed ugly but he is a huge upgrade over Bell and this is insurance if Salmons leaves.

ldc62
06-22-2010, 05:59 PM
The Warriors can triple suck me.

If they wanted expiring, I would have offered Marcus Banks and Reggie Evans.

I don't think BC is interested... especially when we still have Hedo's garbage contract.

I like this trade for both teams.

iFYouSeekAmy
06-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Uggh. Larry Ellison, buy the team already and fire the dumbass GM Larry Riley for doing ANOTHER Jamal Crawford trade.

What is he gonna do with the future expirings? Waive them?
I'd rather keep Maggette and his awful contract than this.
Please, Larry Ellison, buy the team and fire the FO.

Jenceman
06-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Good move for the Bucks. They pick up a very efficient scorer, something they really lacked last season, and if Skiles can't get Maggette to play defense, no one can.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-22-2010, 06:02 PM
I don't think BC is interested... especially when we still have Hedo's garbage contract.

I like this trade for both teams.

Still.

They can triple suck me.

tangent12
06-22-2010, 06:02 PM
Great pickup for the Bucks! Hope it works out for them.

Lo Porto
06-22-2010, 06:03 PM
GS can't be done dealing. If you play for GS and your contract is not expiring, look to be offered around the league soon. That goes for you Biedrins, Ellis and Turiaf. I bet the team is having an issue being sold because of the terrible contracts a new owner doesn't want. My prediction:

- Ellis gets dumped to the Knicks if NY can't sign a big free agent
- Turiaf gets dumped to Utah for a trade exception
- Biedrins is the lone survivor because he'll be the hardest to move

mikeman0000
06-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Bucks will be a very nice team this year

gbpackers12
06-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Like this for the Bucks. Their team is starting to look pretty solid.

Kakaroach
06-22-2010, 06:07 PM
Is there a chance the Bucks can still re-sign Salmons as well? Not sure of their cap situation after this deal. A Salmons+Maggete wing tandem would be scary.

$KnicksAndKobe$
06-22-2010, 06:08 PM
Now all the Bucks need is a good bench

xbrackattackx
06-22-2010, 06:08 PM
GS can't be done dealing. If you play for GS and your contract is not expiring, look to be offered around the league soon. That goes for you Biedrins, Ellis and Turiaf. I bet the team is having an issue being sold because of the terrible contracts a new owner doesn't want. My prediction:

Turiaf would be perfect for the Laker's bench, Wish they would trade some expiring contracts to the Warriors for Him.

RollinDeep
06-22-2010, 06:09 PM
I like this move for the bucks, even though maggette has an ugly contract.

The Jokemaker
06-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Maggette is a great scorer and will be an asset to the Bucks. I like the move for the Warriors too, get Charlie Bell who is a decent player and Dan Gadzuric who is another big man for the team.

xwashableclothx
06-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Well this means Salmons is as good as gone. Like it for this year as it takes 2 useless players and gives the Bucks a starteing SF who gets to the line alot which no one on the team did last year.

Hopefully the Bucks get a good SG to drop down like Xavier Henry, then if Redd can come back n contribute a little that would be a nice tandem at SG.

PG- Jennings, Ridnour?(f/a)
SG- Redd. Henry or someone else at 15th pick
SF- Maggette. Delfino
PF- Mbah a Moute, Ilyasova
C- Bogut, Kurt Thomas?(fa)

Lo Porto
06-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Is there a chance the Bucks can still re-sign Salmons as well? Not sure of their cap situation after this deal. A Salmons+Maggete wing tandem would be scary.

The Bucks actually save over $1.5 million with this trade and they are still working to bring back Salmons. The Bucks could be putting together a pretty good roster if they can keep Salmons and bring Redd back healthy...

zambo4president
06-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Very smart for both teams IMO

drama1386
06-22-2010, 06:19 PM
the bucks also get the warriors 2nd round pick as well according to chad ford...
so now the bucks have the 15, 37, 44 & 47 picks in the draft.

xbrackattackx
06-22-2010, 06:20 PM
I kinda hope Salmons resigns with them.

Jays Claw
06-22-2010, 06:22 PM
A John Salmons and Corey Maggete wing tandem would be scary.

There won't be any chemistry between them.

plpfctn
06-22-2010, 06:23 PM
nice move by the bucks. but keeping salmons should be priority number one.

xbrackattackx
06-22-2010, 06:23 PM
There won't be any chemistry between them.

I was sitting here wondering if they would have good chemistry.

Thanks.

DE9394
06-22-2010, 06:27 PM
Curry, Ellis, Aminu, Randolph, Biedris?

tdunk21
06-22-2010, 06:28 PM
way to get rid of a ****** contract

topdog
06-22-2010, 06:29 PM
skiles will be able to teach him defense. and if he's not willing to learn, he'll bench his *****!

Yeah because that's exactly where you want a 10 million dollar player to be...

I'm not sure yet how to rate this for the Bucks - Magguette has always been a scorer but not much else (defender, winner, ect...) The Dubs did a great job getting rid of one of their numerous contract mistakes. Their brilliant Baron Davis Revenge Signing:p

RocketsRule
06-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Did I miss something? Why does everyone say that Salmons is as good as gone? He's coming off his best season ever, why wouldn't Milwaukee want to retain him?

I was thinking Redd would be the next one to leave.

goldenstater
06-22-2010, 06:32 PM
i would have loved to keep Corey if it were not for that stupid stupid contract( which is not his fault of course). dude works hard, can score, get to the foul line with the best of them, and is a very classy guy off the court. but getting an expiring contract helps big time atleast until we spend it on another stupid contract i think adonal foyle is a free agent again, actually now we can go and get lebron;) ..... just a joke, everyone relax! bucks did get a good player though but he will not play a lick of D bucks fans so don't get your hopes up, he gives up more slap foul and1's than anyone i have every seen, trust me im a Warriors fan i see nothing but crap defense.

robbnen#31
06-22-2010, 06:33 PM

The team isn't having much of an issue being sold. As of now it's down to three or four groups, with Larry Ellison having a significant edge.

Turiaf would be perfect for the Laker's bench, Wish they would trade some expiring contracts to the Warriors for Him.

I really doubt the Warriors have any interest in trading Turiaf.

robbnen#31
double post my bad

goldenstater
Yeah because that's exactly where you want a 10 million dollar player to be...

I'm not sure yet how to rate this for the Bucks - Magguette has always been a scorer but not much else (defender, winner, ect...) The Dubs did a great job getting rid of one of their numerous contract mistakes. Their brilliant Baron Davis Revenge Signing:p

so true:facepalm:

xbrackattackx
06-22-2010, 06:36 PM
I really doubt the Warriors have any interest in trading Turiaf.

Lemme just dream for a minute. God he is such a hustle/Do the stuff you need guy.

xwashableclothx
06-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Did I miss something? Why does everyone say that Salmons is as good as gone? He's coming off his best season ever, why wouldn't Milwaukee want to retain him?

I was thinking Redd would be the next one to leave.

Of course the Bucks want him back, but with teams haveing cap room someone willl overpay. Bucks offered him I beleive a 4 yr 32 million. Somone will be dumb and offer him 4 yrs 40 million.

Milwaukee definatley isn't done makeing moves, I expect at least 1 or 2 more trades before or during the draft. But with Maggettte here I really don't see Salmons comeing back takeing less money and knowing he wont be getting as many touches as last season.

Say he did come back though n Redd could come back and even score like 12 a game off the bench, Bucks could be very scary.

Brew Crew
06-22-2010, 06:47 PM
Redd is getting the TMac treatment this season no doubt in my mind. He will be traded as soon as he can be. The front office, Scott Skiles would be dumb as hell to give Redd anything more then 10 minutes a game once he'd come back....if he came back....whiiiiich he isn't. Believe me. No way we **** up chemistry.

LTBaByyy
06-22-2010, 06:55 PM
GOOD FOR THE WARRIORS?!?!?!?
haha you couldve got better expiring deals out there

good for the bucks!!! all they needed was scoring! they already have the toughness
plus bogut was out last playoffs, and michael redd!! i cant wait to see this team play next year

LTBaByyy
06-22-2010, 06:59 PM
He NEEDS to play SF for the bucks!!!!!
When he plays SF he's actually very good scorer and rebounder!

footballer2369
06-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Nice move milwaukee....

And there was a Heat fan talking about trading young guys and picks for him... :sigh:

ElMarroAfamado
06-22-2010, 07:01 PM
poor bucks...i feel bad for them
Corey Maggette really sucks and is the type of player fans give credit to because of his PPG....and because he looks "cool" and like if he could be "Good" haha
i have hated him since he was with the clippers
for anyone that knows him as a player

*he cant shoot but does lie if he is Larry Bird (mid range or 3s)
*all he tries to do is get to the paint and draw fouls, and when he doesnt draw a foul and they dont call it he flails his arms in the air and turns it over..
*he cant handle the ball
*he cant pass
*he has a low bball iq

anyone want to add on?

CaptainStu5
06-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Magette plus pick #44 for Gadzuric and Bell? Good trade for the Bucks. Not a bad trade for the Warriors.

mgsports
06-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Can Trade Redd for Arenas.

Marques24kobe
06-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Great move for the Bucks. This pretty much solidifies that Redd is as good as gone. Magette can more then make up for Redd because he really hasnt contributed in 2+ years not to mention he has never played defense either. This is Redds replacement just cheaper.

Now the Bucks can shop Redds expiring $16 million+ contract. They could be a scary team in the East.

Bring Ray Allen back!

Gators123
06-22-2010, 07:19 PM
Good move by the bucks

Niro
06-22-2010, 07:32 PM
riley posted on his twitter that he did that trade to free up playing time.

randolph and wright are looking to have increased roles

(****ing hope so)

Kakaroach
06-22-2010, 07:37 PM
The Bucks actually save over $1.5 million with this trade and they are still working to bring back Salmons. The Bucks could be putting together a pretty good roster if they can keep Salmons and bring Redd back healthy... Ahh I see, I think they will bring back Salmons there.

There won't be any chemistry between them.I'm sure they could develop good chemistry. Neither is really a me-first type player.

RadiantShot
06-22-2010, 07:49 PM
VERY good deal for Milwaukee.
Jennings, Maggette, and Bogut should do well next season.

shep33
06-22-2010, 08:04 PM
I like this for the Deer, gives them someone else who is a pretty efficient scorer. Maggette gets to the line a lot.

LTBaByyy
06-22-2010, 08:12 PM
poor bucks...i feel bad for them
Corey Maggette really sucks and is the type of player fans give credit to because of his PPG....and because he looks "cool" and like if he could be "Good" haha
i have hated him since he was with the clippers
for anyone that knows him as a player

*he cant shoot but does lie if he is Larry Bird (mid range or 3s)
*all he tries to do is get to the paint and draw fouls, and when he doesnt draw a foul and they dont call it he flails his arms in the air and turns it over..
*he cant handle the ball
*he cant pass
*he has a low bball iq

anyone want to add on?

Bc he looks "cool"?????

:facepalm:

dodie53
06-22-2010, 08:18 PM
good move by the bucks,
they need someone create his own shot besides Jennings.

AI4MVP
06-22-2010, 08:20 PM
this is a very good move for the bucks/ corey maggette doesnt pass much, but he can still score the ball with the best of them and hes being added to an already very good team.

anyone who says the bucks wouldnt have absolutely destroyed the hawks in the playoffs had bogut still be playing is absurd

ClayMatthews
06-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Fear the Deer!! Good trade.

Eagles4Lyfe
06-22-2010, 08:29 PM
nice move keep on getting better i hope bogut comes back healthy too and theyll be good

ShakeN'Bake
06-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Nice move. Now they need a healthy Bogut.

Hawkeye15
06-22-2010, 08:42 PM
if Maggette can buy into Skile's defensive scheme, great deal for the Bucks. Corey is one of the most efficient scorers in the NBA

mpballer92
06-22-2010, 10:25 PM
Good trade for both teams... Bucks add some scoring, Warriors clear up needed space, works out for each.

3RDASYSTEM
06-22-2010, 10:57 PM
Nice trade by both teams, GSW needed size and they got perimeter player also...the BUCKS get wing scorer who can more than play SKILES team D structure cause of his athletic ability,he's been in the league at least 8yrs i think so im sure he wont have trouble learnin schemes, NELLIE and SKILES are way different on the DEF side of the ball...him/JENNINGS/BOGUT running a break is going to be nice...

NYMetros
06-22-2010, 11:00 PM
I'm a Maggette fan. He's a solid player. I just feel like he's never been in the right situation. He's been on some crappy teams..Clippers for most his career..Warriors the past 2 years..gross.

ellesmeire
06-22-2010, 11:39 PM
Bucks lineup if they draft xavier henry

Jennings-Henry-Maggs-Illyasova-Bogut

I love the potential of this type of team, of course I think Bulls can beat this during FA :D

drama1386
06-23-2010, 12:03 AM
looks like the bucks may not be done yet...
according to chad ford:

Finally, it looks like the Bucks aren't done dealing. This afternoon they traded Dan Gadzuric and Charlie Bell to the Warriors for Corey Maggette. Now sources say that the Bucks and Nets are in serious negotiations on a deal that would send Chris Douglas-Roberts to the Bucks for a second round pick. With the addition of Maggette and Douglas-Roberts, you have to wonder if the Bucks may look at something other than a wing with the No. 15 pick in the draft.

so basically, corey maggette & chris douglas-roberts for dan gadzuric & charlie bell?! john hammond is god! GO BUCKS!

0nekhmer
06-23-2010, 12:54 AM
what happened to the warriors.. damn thats such a steal wish he came to toronto

asandhu23
06-23-2010, 12:58 AM
what happened to the warriors.. damn thats such a steal wish he came to toronto

18 years of Cheap Chris Cohan's Cheap Crap

abe_froman
06-23-2010, 12:59 AM
cant believe the love maggs is getting

...well you'll see soon enough

ElMarroAfamado
06-23-2010, 01:03 AM
Bc he looks "cool"?????

haha
well he "looks" like if hes good no?
the bucks will regress with corey maggette the only place corey maggette would probably not be a cancer would be with the suns......

just wait and see

ElMarroAfamado
06-23-2010, 01:05 AM
cant believe the love maggs is getting

...well you'll see soon enough

haha yeah thats what im laughing at
brandon jennings and bogut are great so i doubt Corey maggette is enough to make the Bucks horrible so his sorryness prob wont be talked about unless the bucks are worse than last year...
but the more bucksfans see of him they will see...

"the bucks need someone who create their own shot"

corey maggette CANT SHOOT....

Brew Crew
06-23-2010, 05:23 AM
corey maggette CANT SHOOT....

Is that what it means to shoot 51%?

ragee
06-23-2010, 06:56 AM
If they can get Salmons back, this is a good thing for the Bucks... I would love to see them again next year in the playoffs with a healthy Bogut...

effen5
06-23-2010, 09:00 AM
I love the potential in the Bucks.

NY Till I Die
06-23-2010, 09:03 AM
according to chad ford:

so basically, corey maggette & chris douglas-roberts for dan gadzuric & charlie bell?! john hammond is god! GO BUCKS!

Early pick for Executive of the year

NY Till I Die
06-23-2010, 09:04 AM
Pretty impressive start to the offseason for the Bucks, their fans should be happy today..

SG: Chris Douglas-Roberts

Playoffs again.

xbrackattackx
06-23-2010, 10:14 AM
Pretty impressive start to the offseason for the Bucks, their fansa should be happy today..

SG: Chris Douglas-Roberts

Playoffs again.

Just think if they could get Boozer, That would be a scoring line up for sure.

asandhu23
06-23-2010, 11:28 AM
according to chad ford:

No. Its more like "Warriors management is just that ********".

mgsports
06-23-2010, 11:44 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine Gomes and Love to Bucks +8wins Redd to the T-Wolves. Aslo Pacers and Wizards are in it.

GSRaider
06-23-2010, 11:59 AM
I know my die hard Warrior fans are happy with this trade...

We got an expiring contract and a 2 year deal in exchange for Maggette and his contract... We're giving our new ownership financial flexibility... Very happy with this trade!

Now, we got to trade Monta... Anyone Out there want Monta for an expiring contract?

ClayMatthews
06-23-2010, 12:21 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine Gomes and Love to Bucks +8wins Redd to the T-Wolves. Aslo Pacers and Wizards are in it.

Go ahead you can have Redd.

hugefan
06-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Prediction: Hammond wins Executive of the Year again! GO BUCKS!!!