PDA

View Full Version : Arenas to the MAGIC???

poleandreel
06-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Could the close relationship between Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas and Magic GM Otis Smith bring Agent Zero to Orlando? Here’s what’s percolating: The Magic send Vince Carter, who has one year left on his deal, for Arenas. The Magic get another closer who can score in bunches. The Wizards continue to rebuild by dumping Carter after one year. The contracts are just about evenly matched, so nobody needs to do any creative math to get the deal done. Carter is set to make $17.3 million. Arenas is at $17.7 mil. The problem is that Arenas still has four years left on his deal, although he has an option in 2012-13.
Read more: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#ixzz0rcM5DQtF

what do you think?

ManRam
06-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Oh God please no.

That's all the input I have.

RocketsRule
06-22-2010, 05:04 PM
Could the close relationship between Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas and Magic GM Otis Smith bring Agent Zero to Orlando?

Here’s what’s percolating: The Magic send Vince Carter, who has one year left on his deal, for Arenas. The Magic get another closer who can score in bunches. The Wizards continue to rebuild by dumping Carter after one year.

The contracts are just about evenly matched, so nobody needs to do any creative math to get the deal done. Carter is set to make $17.3 million. Arenas is at $17.7 mil. The problem is that Arenas still has four years left on his deal, although he has an option in 2012-13. Not good.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en_fuego/2010/06/gilbert-arenas-not-be-a-good-fit-for-the-magic.html

Would be a terrible deal for the Magic, IMO

netsgiantsyanks
06-22-2010, 05:08 PM
that'll never happen

gwrighter
06-22-2010, 05:10 PM
that would handicap the magics future. not a smart move.

macc
As a Magic fan. I would pass. I would rather keep Carter and his sub par year then Arenas.

Tony_Starks
Would be great for the Magic. Gives them another playmaker with a consistent J to spread the floor and unloads Vince at the same time. Win-win.

xbrackattackx
Wow, I thought Carter played well,Not as good as "old Vince" but still good for the Magic.

Eagles4Lyfe
06-22-2010, 05:11 PM
holy crap rumours r us everywhere its going to be hard to keep up:(

29$JerZ
06-22-2010, 05:14 PM
Terrible deal for Orlando.

They are in CAP hell for a while but I'm sure they can find a better deal for V.C's expiring than Gilbert

Even if they can't it'd be best to let him expire if anything happens to the main core and you decide to tweak it.

BBadger1989
06-22-2010, 05:14 PM
I have feeling Areans lands in Toronto if Bosh wants it. Raps unload exprings an Jose to land him. Not to far fetched and the knee jerk reaction we can come to accept for BC.

tdunk21
06-22-2010, 05:15 PM
rumor

NYLurker2010
oh man i love sorting through all these smoke screens! I think FA might be more exciting than the regular season!

Kakaroach
Yeah, he would take minutes away from Jameer Nelson and he isn't a true SG. As bad as Vince was last season, thats a pretty bad deal for the Magic considering Gilbert's contract.

Tony_Starks
06-22-2010, 05:17 PM
Just out of curiosity, you guys so are so down on Arenas is this a personal thing because of his off the court stuff? Because as far as on the court stat wise he's an elite allstar pg and has had some pretty big moments in the playoffs as well...

Rivera
06-22-2010, 05:22 PM
i say lets doo it orlando!!!!!!! rather have arenas playing SG than VC

in my mind there equal defenders lol

soundjunkies2
06-22-2010, 05:24 PM
Just out of curiosity, you guys so are so down on Arenas is this a personal thing because of his off the court stuff? Because as far as on the court stat wise he's an elite allstar pg and has had some pretty big moments in the playoffs as well...

It might have something to do with him playing only 47 games over the last 3 years. Then you factor in his off the court problems and his contract, this is just a terrible trade for the Magic. It's to big of risk to take on someone who HAD elite stats 3 years ago.

ManRam
06-22-2010, 05:24 PM
i say lets doo it orlando!!!!!!! rather have arenas playing SG than VC

in my mind there equal defenders lol

But Arenas isn't a great player...and his contract is soooo long. The Magic already are in a ****** cap situation, adding Arenas would cripple us even more. Vince will be a FA after this next season, and right now, that's more important to me than an overrated shot-chucking guard who is a team cancer and doesn't know what winning means.

BlueJayFanDan
06-22-2010, 05:28 PM
Magic would be dumb to do anything like this.

abe_froman
06-22-2010, 05:28 PM

-injury prone
-long,expense contract when they are already in cap hell with all their contracts
-chucker
-and yes finally the off the court problems

Lo Porto
06-22-2010, 05:30 PM
If Arenas comes back to pre-injury form, he's a better player by far than Vince at the current stage of their careers. Plus, Orlando is always talking about needing another PG. With Arenas and Jameer, there's no need to go get another washed up PG.This is a gamble for Orlando, but it could pay off.

For Washington, it's a phenomenal trade. They should have to give up their 2nd rounder too.

gwrighter
06-22-2010, 05:36 PM
don't forget that his defense would be atrocious. with all of the premier pg's in the league, he would be getting eaten up EVERY GAME!

MagicBucsSox
06-22-2010, 05:40 PM
this is old, from the trade deadline

iFYouSeekAmy
06-22-2010, 05:42 PM
Wall and Carter backcourt.

Da Knicks
06-22-2010, 05:44 PM
I dont think it makes sense for Orlando but, the Wizards will try to unload gilbert grape on someone. My gut its on the knicks after the knicks sign whoever they will sign, and then they will try an eddy curry and wilson chandler for arenas, mcgee and a couple of second rounders. This will let Wall and the wizards start from a clean slate while giving the knicks a pg-arenas and c Mcgee.

MagicBucsSox
06-22-2010, 05:50 PM
if we're gonna get a 6'3 sg why not go for Monta Ellis or Eric Gordon? this is just all speculation because otis drafted arenas in golden state. until its on an Orlando site then ill worry bout it

you dont go from CP3 to Arenas in a day

TheKing23
06-22-2010, 06:10 PM
If this went down it would mean one thing...

The Magic would have the two worst contracts in the league:

Gilbert Arenas - 4 years left, $80.4 million
Rashard Lewis - 3 years left, $63.3 million

Those two alone would take up more than 2/3's of the Magic's cap room. Add in Dwight and his $16-18-19 million respectively for the next three years (obviously deserving though) and the Magic would be over the cap after only three players for the next three years.

Not a good move for them in my opinion, but maybe Otis Smith feels the need to make another big move...

Da Knicks
06-22-2010, 06:13 PM
imo none of the guys in the nba deserve so much money give that to the teachers who struggle everyday just to make ends meet and have to deal with all the hard headed kids. That is another conversation of course.

xxseven72ducexx
06-22-2010, 06:44 PM
imo none of the guys in the nba deserve so much money give that to the teachers who struggle everyday just to make ends meet and have to deal with all the hard headed kids. That is another conversation of course.

WTF does that have to do with anything? go to a PTA meeting if that's the non-sense you wanna talk about...back to basketball though, i don't see this happening but if it did it would be beneficial for both sides...Orlando get's another all-star to play along with Nelson in the backcourt, Arenas is actually better fit to play at the 2 considering he's not a pass-first PG, while also getting younger...Washington gets rid of their biggest problem in team history while also getting an all-star SG in Vince Carter. This also opens up more time on the floor for John Wall and it gives him somebody he can develop a relationship with...i actually hope this happens cuz I'd love to see John Wall throwin alley-oops to Vince Carter for a top 10 play on SportsCenter

LTBaByyy
06-22-2010, 08:00 PM
Nelson + Arenas = noooooooo, good backcourt talent wise but playing styles wise just no

jdmd3
06-22-2010, 08:06 PM
Please no. This ain't a good deal at all.

Pauleboman
06-22-2010, 08:08 PM
Is Gilbert out and the Magic afford him.alright

dtmagnet
06-22-2010, 08:08 PM
I don't think that would help the Magic.

dodie53
06-22-2010, 08:13 PM
not a good move for the magic imo.

Kakaroach
06-22-2010, 08:17 PM
Yeah its just not that Arenas can't stay on the court at all, he has a horrible contract. Hopefully for all my Magic fan friends this rumor isn't true. It would be a miracle of the Wiz could move Arenas' deal though.

Bruno
06-22-2010, 09:26 PM
Magic fans. What if Arenas comes in and plays great like how he did a few years ago? He's gotta be better than what Carter just gave you.

nickdymez
06-23-2010, 01:10 AM
I have feeling Areans lands in Toronto if Bosh wants it. Raps unload exprings an Jose to land him. Not to far fetched and the knee jerk reaction we can come to accept for BC.

Bosh wants to get out of toronto so bad he can taste it!

Sandman
06-23-2010, 01:41 AM
Very ballsy move.

I really dont think it handicaps the Magic's future. It certainly ties them to Agent Zero and his shenanigans, but it makes Jameer a trade asset, along with Bass and Gortat who are trade assets, and a little down the road, Rashard's huge expiring contract is an asset. I don't know what the deal is with the trade exception or when it expires. I don't think you could nix the move on those grounds, the Magic could definitely still make major moves.

The part to consider is his knucklehead attitude/injury history and the fact that he could reach Starbury status while the Magic are trying to extend Dwight's contract in a few years. He's an exceptional talent; since he's been in Washington he's been a top player... when he's on the court. You have to take a serious look when you have the opportunity to get a player with his talent, the great risk comes with great reward. Get him in touch with Ron Artest's psychologist.

Jahari Kavi
06-23-2010, 02:05 AM
Only bad thing is his contract, but Gilbert would give the Magic a clutch closer

IversonIsKrazy
06-23-2010, 02:07 AM
Highly doubt this goes down, I mean I know Vince was god-awful against the Celtics, but not THAT bad either. I mean, Magic will just get another chucker on the team, which is the LAST thing Orlando needs. They need to keep going for the traditional PG, if they trade Vince, it should be for a slashing/driving SG, not a chucker.

Caps1989
06-23-2010, 02:26 AM
This is old news. Very old

ldc62
06-23-2010, 02:49 AM
Wall and Carter backcourt.

Thats definitely something you don't want... have a vet whos been called a lazy bum his whole career mentor a superstar (thats right, wall is that good).

Bruno
06-23-2010, 03:08 AM
Very ballsy move.

I really dont think it handicaps the Magic's future. It certainly ties them to Agent Zero and his shenanigans, but it makes Jameer a trade asset, along with Bass and Gortat who are trade assets, and a little down the road, Rashard's huge expiring contract is an asset. I don't know what the deal is with the trade exception or when it expires. I don't think you could nix the move on those grounds, the Magic could definitely still make major moves.

The part to consider is his knucklehead attitude/injury history and the fact that he could reach Starbury status while the Magic are trying to extend Dwight's contract in a few years. He's an exceptional talent; since he's been in Washington he's been a top player... when he's on the court. You have to take a serious look when you have the opportunity to get a player with his talent, the great risk comes with great reward. Get him in touch with Ron Artest's psychologist.

Solid. It's been four years since he averaged 28, 6, 4, 2 spg, but I think he could still be a big asset if he isn't a locker-room problem and his knee holds up. I'd like to see how his knee reacts over a whole season, distraction free.

rapjuicer06
06-23-2010, 10:18 AM
the only way i'd bring in Gilbert is if the wizzards buy him out and we bring him in as a back up PG

MagicBucsSox
06-23-2010, 10:48 AM
the only way i'd bring in Gilbert is if the wizzards buy him out and we bring him in as a back up PG

hahahhahaha ok but he's 10x better than nelson. in fact when he's healthy only paul deron baron nash are better, ppl call him a gunner yet he avg 7+ assist a yr. and has avg 28ppg when last healthy

xbrackattackx
06-23-2010, 10:50 AM

It's okay the ignorant high school drop outs hated on you. But I agree Teachers do deserve more.

blah-blah
06-23-2010, 11:00 AM
bad deal for magic

S-Dot
06-23-2010, 11:19 AM
I'm from the DC area, and a huge fan of Gilbert's game. Unfortunately, he may not be to reach the popularity he once had here a few years back because of the gun incident and John Wall likely becoming the face of the franchise. I think the move to Orlando would help him, and the Magic because when healthy, he's a great scorer and someone who can take over a game. They could use Jameer as trade bait. And Vince Carter's contract will help the Wizards.

Rivera
06-23-2010, 01:37 PM
But Arenas isn't a great player...and his contract is soooo long. The Magic already are in a ****** cap situation, adding Arenas would cripple us even more. Vince will be a FA after this next season, and right now, that's more important to me than an overrated shot-chucking guard who is a team cancer and doesn't know what winning means.

1st arenas WAS a great player he did score 28ppg a few years ago and has a better chance than VC t get back into "elite" status

2nd the owner said he dont care abt the cap he wants WWWWW n if we got gil burrrr we could trade nelson for a 2

3 VC's a very important tradeable peace so if gilburrrr is the best we can do ill take gillburrr over VC any day of the week

4th we already have an overrated shot chucking guard on this team who CAN be a cancer and he deffiantly doesnt know what winning means (see game 2 and 3) in Vince carter so y not try it out??? lol