PDA

View Full Version : T-Wolves to trade Al Jefferson to Kings for #5 pick?

coloradobuff
06-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Seeing various posts out there that Minnesota is considering trading Al Jefferson to Sacramento for pick #5.

That way Minny has chance to get DeMarcus Cousins and possibly Wesley Johnson as well.

I dont like the trade for Minnesota, seems like they are taking another step back.

What you think?

JNA17
06-22-2010, 02:15 PM
link or lies

mark1125
06-22-2010, 02:17 PM
I haven't seen mention of this anywhere. However I will play along and say if it is true, it would be a bad trade for Minnesota.

R_O_W_E
Thats a hard deal to call.

I'd still take Cousins because hes 5 years younger than Jefferson, and could be more productive than Jefferson is going to be due to his injuries. Kings dont need to put up with Jefferson's large contract unless they are going to make moves this offseason to compete.

Minny probably would take Avery Bradley with #5. :laugh2:

Tyreke20-5-5
Still no. It was a rumor made out of nowhere with nothing but who could be on the draft board as a basis. its nothing

JNA17
06-22-2010, 02:18 PM
I haven't seen mention of this anywhere. However I will play along and say if it is true, it would be a bad trade for Minnesota.

any trade that ships out al jeff for a lotto pick and that gets kevin love more playing time is a great trade for the wolves in my book.

Lloyd Christmas
06-22-2010, 02:19 PM
This makes perfect sense for the T-wolves. They get Cousins at center and can start Love. This plan would backfire if the Nets actually take Wesley Johnson 3rd though.

DerekRE_3
06-22-2010, 02:19 PM
I mean hey who needs links to make a thread?

Ragun
06-22-2010, 02:20 PM
i saw it on bleacherreport.

RocketsRule
06-22-2010, 02:20 PM
That started new rumors, this time involving the Sacramento Kings and the Minnesota Timberwolves.

People are speculating that the Kings might send their number five pick in the draft to Minnesota for Al Jefferson.

This will enable the Timberwolves to get both Wesley Johnson and DeMarcus Cousins.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/408787-al-jefferson-relocating-to-sacramento

S-Dot
06-22-2010, 02:21 PM
If this trade has some type of link or credibility, I actually like the move for both teams. Wesley Johnson and Cousins/Monroe would be good building blocks for this team. That would be alot of draft picks for Minnesota again though. And SAC would get alot better in the post

JNA17
06-22-2010, 02:22 PM

DerekRE_3
06-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Yeah bleacher report is garbage.

CityofTreez
06-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Iz soz wantz Alz Jeffersonz

DaveDevries
06-22-2010, 02:27 PM

Not necessarily. We'd get a player that is significantly younger and fits better in our system. Kahn has said that he wants to completely overhaul this team and get rid of the "McHale Era", so this is a step in the right direction.

Mudvayne91
06-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Yeah, you guys get all snoody cause your like "no link this is bs!" and then you're fine because it is on bleacher report.

ldc62
06-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Al Jefferson is definitely a top 5 center. I don't get why they don't play Love with him more. This trade isn't a good deal for Minni.

DaveDevries
06-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Al Jefferson is definitely a top 5 center. I don't get why they don't play Love with him more. This trade isn't a good deal for Minni.

Jefferson isn't even a center. If you want to make the argument he's a top 5 PF, i'd still disagree, but it's alot better than saying he's a top 5 center considering his production goes down significantly at that position.

Honestly, we may be giving a proven player for a ? but with what were trying to do I think it makes sense.

Mile High Champ
06-22-2010, 02:32 PM

bleacher report loves to make news and trades. This is complete bull **** in my opinion. Never trust anything from bleacher report!

iFYouSeekAmy
06-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Yay! A rumor started by a random stranger!

Stunner
06-22-2010, 02:33 PM
I been told everyone the should do this trade like a month ago. If Wes Johnson is gone the can still get good SF rookies at that spot in Aminu , Henry, Geroge.

Stunner
06-22-2010, 02:35 PM
per ESPN the Wolves and Grizzles are about to swap pick 16 for 25 and 28.

mark1125
06-22-2010, 02:35 PM
I honestly don't see where all the Cousins love is coming from.

DerekRE_3
06-22-2010, 02:37 PM
I honestly don't see where all the Cousins love is coming from.

He's been killing his workouts and seems to have added an already pretty solid mid range game.

Kyben36
06-22-2010, 02:38 PM
If so, then it must be true that the Kings dont like Cousins. but cousins hasnt worked out for the WOlves, which makes me beleive that they watn Wes johnson and somebody else. it could be Henry, it could be Aldridge.

Mudvayne91
06-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Jefferson isn't even a center. If you want to make the argument he's a top 5 PF, i'd still disagree, but it's alot better than saying he's a top 5 center considering his production goes down significantly at that position.

Honestly, we may be giving a proven player for a ? but with what were trying to do I think it makes sense.

How about we give you Nene and then you can complain about a injury prone PF playing as a center.

DaveDevries
06-22-2010, 02:42 PM
If so, then it must be true that the Kings dont like Cousins. but cousins hasnt worked out for the WOlves, which makes me beleive that they watn Wes johnson and somebody else. it could be Henry, it could be Aldridge.

Tony Ronzone (Wolves assistant GM) has made it clear that they won't let Cousins not working out for them shy them away from taking him. They know enough about him.

Shammyguy3
06-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Al Jefferson is a decent player, but he doesn't fit the Wolves' triangle offense at all. If this trade goes down, Minnesota wins big time.

sixer04fan
06-22-2010, 02:48 PM
I feel like the majority of the people on this site do not appreciate Al Jefferson.. Is it just me or is the young 20/10 stud consistently being overlooked by most people bc he plays for minnesota? I always thought he was one of the best big men in the game the last couple years. I think he's pretty much on the same level as Amare, a different kind of player, but same level. I don't know why there are always rumors about the wolves shopping him almost year round.

Hawkeye15
06-22-2010, 02:48 PM

because our defense is like a wet paper bag with them on the floor together

RocketsRule
06-22-2010, 02:49 PM
He's been killing his workouts and seems to have added an already pretty solid mid range game.

He still needs to shed a few pounds before he can reach his full potential, IMO.

h2r09
06-22-2010, 02:57 PM
It's moves like these that cripple franchises. YOu are really going to trade one of the few dominant big men in the league getting paid a fair amount for an unproven quantity? Just stupidity. The guy puts up 20 and 10 when healthy and you are going to choose kevin love over that? Kevin love is a solid hustle guy and great rebounder but he is nothing special offensively like Jefferson.

I think they need to do whatever they can to try to get Wes Johnson. They look really solid in the future with a core of Rubio, Flynn, Love, Jefferson, and Johnson. that is a future thunder team imo and that is one of the best frontcourts in the league and big men win in this league.

Shammyguy3
06-22-2010, 03:00 PM
I feel like the majority of the people on this site do not appreciate Al Jefferson.. Is it just me or is the young 20/10 stud consistently being overlooked by most people bc he plays for minnesota? I always thought he was one of the best big men in the game the last couple years. I think he's pretty much on the same level as Amare, a different kind of player, but same level. I don't know why there are always rumors about the wolves shopping him almost year round.

Not even close. Jefferson is so inefficient as a post player that it's almost embarrassing. He rarely gets to the line, is a terrible passer and runs the floor poorly. He can't defend either. He's just not that good, and the only way that he is similar to Amare is the fact that they are both very bad defenders (although Amare is worse) and they are both bad rebounders as well.

Bryrob58
I agree with buddy who said that Jefferson is consistently overlooked. I think he is a different player now, after his injury, but he's still a top 7 PF, at least. The only knock on him is the injuries, but his contract is reasonable, isn't it (Like 11M a year I think)? I think Sacremento would be contenders with a lineup of Evans/Casspi/Greene/Jefferson/Thompson for the next 10 years. Thats a big, pace controlling team that would fit right in with the west. Jefferson is still, and will be, an 18/9 guy on a good team, why the hate?

Tony_Starks
^ you really think we'll ever see Rubio in a Minnesota jersey? You think his agent is going to let that happen?

edit

that was meant for h2r09, my bad

Hawkeye15
06-22-2010, 03:01 PM
Love averages 18/14 per 36 minutes, Jefferson 20/10. They both are no good defensively. If the triangle is going to be run, Jefferson is an absolute ball stopper, where Love is a great passer who can shoot. We want to run. Neither can run, but Love can trigger a break with the flick of a wrist.
THey can not be on the floor at the same time defensively for long stretches. One has to go. Jefferson may average 2 more baskets a game, but its not worth the extra $7 million in salary, and 3-4 points a game, sorry
I have defended Jefferson for a long time. And I still will. But its clear Love could be a very good player, and they can't co exist. Whomever fetches more in a trade, bye bye

Shammyguy3
06-22-2010, 03:02 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jeffeal01.html

his ts% is .524 which is terrible for a player that gets all his points within fifteen feet of the basket.

Bryrob58
06-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Not even close. Jefferson is so inefficient as a post player that it's almost embarrassing. He rarely gets to the line, is a terrible passer and runs the floor poorly. He can't defend either. He's just not that good, and the only way that he is similar to Amare is the fact that they are both very bad defenders (although Amare is worse) and they are both bad rebounders as well.

Really? I thought he had an excellent post game with sound techniques?? What happened??

Shammyguy3
06-22-2010, 03:04 PM
Really? I thought he had an excellent post game with sound techniques?? What happened??

Just read my above post about his ts%. He doesn't get to the line enough to be efficient. 3.5 free throw attempts a game? for a 6'10" 265lb post player? That is terrible

Hawkeye15

he does. But then he thinks he is a 16 foot shooter, and holds the ball too long, and never draws a foul. He has great footwork, and can score in bunches on teams that don't have length. But his game is not growing at all.

DaveDevries
It's moves like these that cripple franchises. YOu are really going to trade one of the few dominant big men in the league getting paid a fair amount for an unproven quantity? Just stupidity. The guy puts up 20 and 10 when healthy and you are going to choose kevin love over that? Kevin love is a solid hustle guy and great rebounder but he is nothing special offensively like Jefferson.

I think they need to do whatever they can to try to get Wes Johnson. They look really solid in the future with a core of Rubio, Flynn, Love, Jefferson, and Johnson. that is a future thunder team imo and that is one of the best frontcourts in the league and big men win in this league.

Jefferson doesn't fit Rambis' system and he's atrocious defensively. When you factor in that Kevin Love is one of the more efficent players in the NBA in regards to PER, it's really a no brainer which one to keep especially when you factor in Al's contract.

There is still a chance Love could be sent out, too.

^ you really think we'll ever see Rubio in a Minnesota jersey? You think his agent is going to let that happen?

edit

that was meant for h2r09, my bad

Do you know anything about the situation? Rubio has given every indiciation he will come.

Tony_Starks
06-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Love averages 18/14 per 36 minutes, Jefferson 20/10. They both are no good defensively. If the triangle is going to be run, Jefferson is an absolute ball stopper, where Love is a great passer who can shoot. We want to run. Neither can run, but Love can trigger a break with the flick of a wrist.
THey can not be on the floor at the same time defensively for long stretches. One has to go. Jefferson may average 2 more baskets a game, but its not worth the extra $7 million in salary, and 3-4 points a game, sorry
I have defended Jefferson for a long time. And I still will. But its clear Love could be a very good player, and they can't co exist. Whomever fetches more in a trade, bye bye

I think its a huge mistake for them to keep running the triangle. This aint the Bulls and it damn sure aint the Lakers. As bad as Kahn is royally screwing up they're actually not that horrible a team if they ran a different offense.

Bryrob58
06-22-2010, 03:06 PM
he does. But then he thinks he is a 16 foot shooter, and holds the ball too long, and never draws a foul. He has great footwork, and can score in bunches on teams that don't have length. But his game is not growing at all.

This and what Shammy said is fair. I honestly just don't focus enough on the T'Wolves to notice these things. Doesn't the lack of free throws and efficiency scream potential though?

Tony_Starks
06-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Jefferson doesn't fit Rambis' system and he's atrocious defensively. When you factor in that Kevin Love is one of the more efficent players in the NBA in regards to PER, it's really a no brainer which one to keep especially when you factor in Al's contract.

There is still a chance Love could be sent out, too.

Do you know anything about the situation? Rubio has given every indiciation he will come.

What do you expect him to say "The Wolves suck and I will never play for them?" All leading up to, during, and after the draft him and his agent let it be know that he had a preference to play for certain teams and Minny was not on the list. Im not even sure if he worked out for them.

The fact that they were almost able to convince him to play his rookie year lets you know that he wants to be in the NBA just not with them. Had that been New York he would've been in uniform in a heartbeat!

Bryrob58
06-22-2010, 03:21 PM
What do you expect him to say "The Wolves suck and I will never play for them?" All leading up to, during, and after the draft him and his agent let it be know that he had a preference to play for certain teams and Minny was not on the list. Im not even sure if he worked out for them.

The fact that they were almost able to convince him to play his rookie year lets you know that he wants to be in the NBA just not with them. Had that been New York he would've been in uniform in a heartbeat!

Let's not switch topics here... I think Rubio's a little overrated anyways, I would rather have Flynn.

numba1CHANGsta
06-22-2010, 03:21 PM
So is this going to be an all T-Wolves draft this year? lol They are already rumored to trading their 16th pick to the Grizzles for their 25th and 28th, and if they trade Al Jefferson for the 5th pick that would give them 5 picks in the first round! If they draft Wesley and Cousins they would have a fantastic young core for the future but wont win many games anytime soon

PG -Flynn/Rubio
SG -Brewer
SF -Johnson
PF -Love
C -Cousins

DaveDevries
06-22-2010, 03:24 PM

Problem with this logic is his road to the NBA comes through Minnesota. I'm going by what he's actually said and you're going by what you think he is thinking. I'll take actual quotes from the players mouth.

SluggeR
06-22-2010, 03:27 PM
why would the kings do that deal? Cousins has the potential to be as good if not better than jefferson, but for much cheaper and no surgically repaired knee.

DerekRE_3
06-22-2010, 03:37 PM
He still needs to shed a few pounds before he can reach his full potential, IMO.

He's already started to do that if the reports are true.

rhino17
06-22-2010, 03:44 PM
Jefferson sucks, you cant build a team around him he is a #3 option at best, not a bad deal for either team

Hawkeye15
06-22-2010, 03:46 PM
I think its a huge mistake for them to keep running the triangle. This aint the Bulls and it damn sure aint the Lakers. As bad as Kahn is royally screwing up they're actually not that horrible a team if they ran a different offense.

well, they only run it for maybe 1/4 of the game. So its a misconception that the Wolves run the triangle. And it can work, but you need the right players. Which could be why trades that don't make sense actually do make sense.
And you continue to bash Kahn. He took over a team in shambles, and has created an unreal amount of flexibility

DaveDevries
06-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Jefferson sucks, you cant build a team around him he is a #3 option at best, not a bad deal for either team

I probably wouldn't go as far as saying he sucks, but I can't really disagree with the rest. The Wolves aren't going to win championships with Al Jefferson as "the guy". It just won't happen. He's a 2nd or 3rd option on a really good team. That's why I wouldn't be opposed to this deal.

CaptainStu5
06-22-2010, 03:59 PM
Jefferson isn't worth the #5 pick. This would be a bad trade for the Kings.
Jefferson is a bad defender, doesn't pass well, doesn't draw fouls, recently had knee surgery, doesn't run the floor well, and is a decent rebounder at best.
What he does have is very good post skills, youth, and a large, undeserved contract.
Like I said, not worth the fifth pick.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-22-2010, 04:06 PM
At least there is no PG projected at the 5th. Unless they go after Avery Bradley.

Infamous916
06-22-2010, 04:15 PM
As a kings fan i would love this trade IF Cousins is unavailable to us at #5.......otherwise cousins all the way!

JordansBulls
06-22-2010, 04:28 PM

Yep a 3rd option for Chicago.

1st option Lebron, 2nd option Rose and 3rd option Jefferson.:)

DaveDevries
06-22-2010, 04:29 PM

Won't happen cuz I don't see the Bulls matching what we would look for. I'd much rather roll with a 5th pick from Sac opposed to taking Deng.

Young2Kinsler
06-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Garbage source.

Stunner
06-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Won't happen cuz I don't see the Bulls matching what we would look for. I'd much rather roll with a 5th pick from Sac opposed to taking Deng.

lol if u guys are trading for HEDO u guys can trade for Deng lmao

DaveDevries
06-22-2010, 04:39 PM
lol if u guys are trading for HEDO u guys can trade for Deng lmao

That was a rumor that was denied by both teams. No substance to it.

Luv Da New Pack
06-22-2010, 04:59 PM

He does. In regards to the offensive end he IS GREAT. Defense....not so much. I can honestly say he doesn't run the floor well and I take that as a "The play doesn't start until I get there" mentality.

Just read my above post about his ts%. He doesn't get to the line enough to be efficient. 3.5 free throw attempts a game? for a 6'10" 265lb post player? That is terrible

You have to get fouled to get to the line and Al's post offense is so silky smooth that defenders are left swatting at air. Actually watch him play.

Thank you.

Tony_Starks
06-22-2010, 05:08 PM
well, they only run it for maybe 1/4 of the game. So its a misconception that the Wolves run the triangle. And it can work, but you need the right players. Which could be why trades that don't make sense actually do make sense.
And you continue to bash Kahn. He took over a team in shambles, and has created an unreal amount of flexibility

Its not like Im the only one that thinks Kahn is screwing up. If you took a poll I'd venture to say the majority would agree. In fact this was on yahoo today:

Perhaps it won’t be long until panic starts to set into the Minnesota Timberwolves, where two things need to become increasingly clear: They’re far overvaluing Al Jefferson’s(notes) trade value; and Syracuse’s Wesley Johnson is no longer assured to be available to them with the fourth pick in Thursday’s NBA draft.

All along, the Wolves had planned to select Johnson at No. 4, and yet the New Jersey Nets are holding serious discussions about drafting the small forward and taking their chances with trying to sign a power forward in free agency. The Nets had long favored Derrick Favors, but are debating now about how long it will take for him to become a regular contributor. New Jersey is still contemplating DeMarcus Cousins, too.

Under general manager David Kahn, the Wolves are becoming the organization that no one wants to send players. Kahn’s condescending, abrasive style is frustrating to rival GMs and agents because few people believe he has the background, knowledge or credentials to even hold the job. To his credit, Kahn did hire a personable assistant GM, Tony Ronzone, who can work the phones for him.

Nevertheless, Cousins wouldn’t work out for the Wolves. Nor did Georgetown center Greg Monroe, who traveled to the two teams in the next two spots, Sacramento and Golden State. Favors reluctantly worked out for the Wolves only to have Kahn insult him by calling him “out of shape.” This infuriated Favors’ agent Wallace Prather, and has strained the relationship there. It makes no sense for the Wolves to draft another power forward, anyway.

Kahn has tried to assure agents he’s going to move Jefferson before the season, but it won’t be long until he realizes how little value his power forward has with such an expensive contract and a reconstructed knee. The Wolves have two power forwards, Jefferson and Kevin Love(notes), who don’t complement each other, and no center.

Minnesota wants Memphis’ Rudy Gay(notes) in free agency, but sources say the only way Gay will even consider the Wolves is if they massively overpay him. That’s why the Wolves were so determined to draft Johnson and why they have to be terrified that he could be gone at No. 4.

The Wolves are also willing to move point guard Jonny Flynn(notes), and have discussed a deal with the Indiana Pacers, sources said. The Wolves are willing to part with the 16th and 23rd picks as part of a bigger package to move up to No. 10. This way, the Wolves could possibly gain the leverage to make a deal with Philadelphia to secure the No. 2 pick and grab Ohio State’s Evan Turner.

Sources say Flynn was frustrated throughout the season with the triangle offense and clashed with Wolves coach Kurt Rambis over the system. Rambis brought the offense with him from the Los Angeles Lakers, but traditionally it’s worked best with bigger guards. Minnesota could turn its team over to Ramon Sessions(notes) next season or gain another point guard elsewhere. The Wolves own the rights to Spanish point guard Ricky Rubio(notes), but he won’t consider leaving for the NBA until next season. Even then, Rubio’s camp still needs to be sold on the

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AlE7.D9hlwBP2xOgKUmmbkC8vLYF?slug=aw-draftbuzz062210

DaveDevries
06-22-2010, 05:10 PM
^^^ That article is also from one of the biggest Wolves and Kahn haters in Adrian Wojowhateverthehellhisnameis.

I wouldn't read much into that.

Tony_Starks
06-22-2010, 05:12 PM
^theres such a thing as a Wolves hater? Who and why?

DaveDevries
06-22-2010, 05:17 PM

Listen to his interviews. His hatred for the Wolves is worse than that of Bill Simmons butthurtness which is REALLY saying something. Wojo was also the guy who said Kahn angered Favors because he called Favors out of shape. Now both Favors and his agent are denying any hatred toward Kahn or the Wolves. Yeah, Wojo is a Wolves hater.

Randy West
06-22-2010, 05:21 PM
The Kings would be better off just drafting Cousins and seeing how that pans out. It makes no sense to overpay an older player with knee issues.

Being as Petrie has only screwed up royally once since drafting for the Kings imo I think it is safe to say this trade won't happen.

It wouldn't surprise me if Khan was the guy that actually started the rumor.

Randy West
06-22-2010, 05:21 PM
Double posted for some reason.

please delete

Hawkeye15
06-22-2010, 07:08 PM
Its not like Im the only one that thinks Kahn is screwing up. If you took a poll I'd venture to say the majority would agree. In fact this was on yahoo today:

Perhaps it won’t be long until panic starts to set into the Minnesota Timberwolves, where two things need to become increasingly clear: They’re far overvaluing Al Jefferson’s(notes) trade value; and Syracuse’s Wesley Johnson is no longer assured to be available to them with the fourth pick in Thursday’s NBA draft.

All along, the Wolves had planned to select Johnson at No. 4, and yet the New Jersey Nets are holding serious discussions about drafting the small forward and taking their chances with trying to sign a power forward in free agency. The Nets had long favored Derrick Favors, but are debating now about how long it will take for him to become a regular contributor. New Jersey is still contemplating DeMarcus Cousins, too.

Under general manager David Kahn, the Wolves are becoming the organization that no one wants to send players. Kahn’s condescending, abrasive style is frustrating to rival GMs and agents because few people believe he has the background, knowledge or credentials to even hold the job. To his credit, Kahn did hire a personable assistant GM, Tony Ronzone, who can work the phones for him.

Nevertheless, Cousins wouldn’t work out for the Wolves. Nor did Georgetown center Greg Monroe, who traveled to the two teams in the next two spots, Sacramento and Golden State. Favors reluctantly worked out for the Wolves only to have Kahn insult him by calling him “out of shape.” This infuriated Favors’ agent Wallace Prather, and has strained the relationship there. It makes no sense for the Wolves to draft another power forward, anyway.

Kahn has tried to assure agents he’s going to move Jefferson before the season, but it won’t be long until he realizes how little value his power forward has with such an expensive contract and a reconstructed knee. The Wolves have two power forwards, Jefferson and Kevin Love(notes), who don’t complement each other, and no center.

Minnesota wants Memphis’ Rudy Gay(notes) in free agency, but sources say the only way Gay will even consider the Wolves is if they massively overpay him. That’s why the Wolves were so determined to draft Johnson and why they have to be terrified that he could be gone at No. 4.

The Wolves are also willing to move point guard Jonny Flynn(notes), and have discussed a deal with the Indiana Pacers, sources said. The Wolves are willing to part with the 16th and 23rd picks as part of a bigger package to move up to No. 10. This way, the Wolves could possibly gain the leverage to make a deal with Philadelphia to secure the No. 2 pick and grab Ohio State’s Evan Turner.

Sources say Flynn was frustrated throughout the season with the triangle offense and clashed with Wolves coach Kurt Rambis over the system. Rambis brought the offense with him from the Los Angeles Lakers, but traditionally it’s worked best with bigger guards. Minnesota could turn its team over to Ramon Sessions(notes) next season or gain another point guard elsewhere. The Wolves own the rights to Spanish point guard Ricky Rubio(notes), but he won’t consider leaving for the NBA until next season. Even then, Rubio’s camp still needs to be sold on the

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AlE7.D9hlwBP2xOgKUmmbkC8vLYF?slug=aw-draftbuzz062210

Adrian Wochohardnamewhogivesashit is not exactly a Wolves fan, and hates Kahn. So pardon me for not caring what he says.
And again, nobody pays attention to the Wolves, except die hard fans, so none of you have any clue what assets they have, or who is on their staff. Don't worry, I saved your quote for a later date
And you will have to excuse me if I don't give a **** about what PSD thinks about David Kahn.

Hawkeye15
06-22-2010, 07:09 PM

yahoo.com

look it up sometime. The dude HATES the Wolves

Sixerlover
06-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Jefferson isn't worth the #5 pick. This would be a bad trade for the Kings.
Jefferson is a bad defender, doesn't pass well, doesn't draw fouls, recently had knee surgery, doesn't run the floor well, and is a decent rebounder at best.
What he does have is very good post skills, youth, and a large, undeserved contract.
Like I said, not worth the fifth pick.

Al Jefferson is worth the 5th pick. People always tend to overrate the picks. Mike Miller and Randy Foye got Minny the 5th pick last year, I think Al J is worth more than that. BUT I wouldn't like it because personally I'd rather have Cousins.

D Roses Bulls
06-22-2010, 07:22 PM
any trade that ships out al jeff for a lotto pick and that gets kevin love more playing time is a great trade for the wolves in my book.

how do you figure? two seasons ago jefferson was a top 3-4 power forward and he hasnt exactly healed from his injury. so when he does and im guessing it would be this season the kings would be gettin a steal.

Hawkeye15
06-22-2010, 07:23 PM
how do you figure? two seasons ago jefferson was a top 3-4 power forward and he hasnt exactly healed from his injury. so when he does and im guessing it would be this season the kings would be gettin a steal.

you are right. But its also obvious Love/Jefferson isn't going to work, and Love will be a top 5-6 PF imo. So why not move the big contract?

The Jokemaker
06-22-2010, 07:26 PM
I'd like this trade if it went down. It'd give Sac town a legitimate big to play with Tyreke and comes after they just made a move for Dalembert who is a natural C. Put Al jefferson and Dalembert in your frontcourt and that's pretty good.

For Minny, it gives them more picks which it looks like they're becoming the Patriots/Eagles of the NBA by hoarding draft picks. Good for them because it allows a quick turnaround to get players that fit their new system. Plus that team is young and won't seriously be competing for a while.

Stunner
06-22-2010, 07:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EhRGRFnpm0

topdog
Al Jefferson is worth the 5th pick. People always tend to overrate the picks. Mike Miller and Randy Foye got Minny the 5th pick last year, I think Al J is worth more than that. BUT I wouldn't like it because personally I'd rather have Cousins.

Agreed. People always overvalue picks (that's why fans of lottery teams talk every year about trading away their teams for the latest and greatest picks).

Al has value - lot's of teams are registering their bids, but some see Cousins as potentially a very similar player but with more size and potentially more defense.

The debate in to trade or not to trade for Sacto is Jefferson has a good attitude and work ethic and is a top offensive post player now while Cousins certainly has personaliy/work ethic questions and is going to have to adjust to NBA competition and 82 games.

D Roses Bulls
you are right. But its also obvious Love/Jefferson isn't going to work, and Love will be a top 5-6 PF imo. So why not move the big contract?

I think Love is a little undersized and doesnt play the PF position the traditional way. I mean I think Love will be solid, but i dont think he will ever put up the numbers the way jefferson did or still could IMO

Hawkeye15
06-22-2010, 07:38 PM
I think Love is a little undersized and doesnt play the PF position the traditional way. I mean I think Love will be solid, but i dont think he will ever put up the numbers the way jefferson did or still could IMO

18/14 per 36 minutes, one of the top 3 rebounders in the NBA, has started to hit the three, can trigger a break with the flick of his wrist, and gets to the line at a great rate. Put him with a defensive center who can take Love's feeds from the high post, and we are in business.
Jefferson fell in love with the 16 footer, can't pass out of the double, doesn't run the floor, and hasn't improved on defense in 3 years.
One has to go. Jefferson makes a lot more money, so Wolves fans would prefer he goes.

Hawkeye15
06-22-2010, 07:40 PM
I will put it another way. Would you rather trade for Jefferson, 17/9 making $12 million, or Love, 14/11, making $4 million?

RadiantShot
06-22-2010, 07:42 PM
There's no way. I don't buy this for a nickel.

drew_ellis_23
06-22-2010, 07:45 PM
Seeing various posts out there that Minnesota is considering trading Al Jefferson to Sacramento for pick #5.

That way Minny has chance to get DeMarcus Cousins and possibly Wesley Johnson as well.

I dont like the trade for Minnesota, seems like they are taking another step back.

What you think?

seeing as the kings just got Dalembert, I doubt they trade for another big. What do I know though?

knickerbockerny
06-22-2010, 07:49 PM
This is taking a couple steps back, because Al Jefferson is a more seasoned version of Cousins. Honestly what is Kahn doing over there? Do they ever want to win... ever?

DaveDevries
06-22-2010, 07:50 PM
seeing as the kings just got Dalembert, I doubt they trade for another big. What do I know though?
Dalembert is an expiring.

FarOutIos
06-22-2010, 07:54 PM
So would Minnesota get any contracts in return? 12 million is a whole lotta money, and only Dalambert has a contract big enough to match. I don't see the kings packaging 3 players AND a pick for Al Jefferson. Maybe Jefferson, Rubio and a late first for Garcia, Beno, Landry and the fifth. But that's too big a deal to be realistic.

Hawkeye15
06-22-2010, 07:56 PM
So would Minnesota get any contracts in return? 12 million is a whole lotta money, and only Dalambert has a contract big enough to match. I don't see the kings packaging 3 players AND a pick for Al Jefferson. Maybe Jefferson, Rubio and a late first for Garcia, Beno, Landry and the fifth. But that's too big a deal to be realistic.

the Kings have a ton of cap space that would absorb Jefferson's deal.

D Roses Bulls
06-22-2010, 08:02 PM
I will put it another way. Would you rather trade for Jefferson, 17/9 making $12 million, or Love, 14/11, making $4 million?

I get what you are saying, trust me I do, but 17/9 was coming back from injury. I get the advantage of trading jefferson, but i still think they should wait and see if he becomes that 24 and 12 guy again before they pull the trigger. Also if you remember the wolves were hovering around a 500 record when jefferson went down. I just think jefferson is too good and still real young to give up. Love hasnt proved anything yet. he shows potential, but If it were me, i would not trade jefferson, but thats just me.

Hawkeye15
06-22-2010, 08:16 PM
Love hasn't shown anything yet? Top 15 PER? 4th best rebound rate ever for a rookie, one of the top 3 rebounders in the NBA, outlet passes that nobody else owns, creates 3 extra possessions with offensive rebounding, hit a good amount of three's this season, passing ability from any angle
Look, Love isn't perfect. He will need a defensive minded center behind him, and will always have trouble scoring on isolations deep. But he is going to be really good, period
They don't work well together. One has to go. Whichever gets you the highest value, goes.

FarOutIos
06-22-2010, 08:25 PM
the Kings have a ton of cap space that would absorb Jefferson's deal.

That's the thing i'm rusty on... so a trade exception is made when a team with cap space trades for a player with a large contract?

Either way, if the kings absorb the contract, then there goes the cap space that trading away Kevin Martin created. In effect, the trade would be the #5 pick and the player that could have been signed to a free agent contract for Al Jefferson. That's a pretty high price, depending on who could be signed.

Although a lineup with Landry, Jefferson, Thompson and Dalambert seems pretty good. Add to that Tyreke and the team could make a run at the playoffs.

WSU Tony
06-22-2010, 08:29 PM
Wolves trade Jefferson for #5.

Wolves trade #5 for #2 and Brand (yes, they then could take on the contract)

I'm happy with that.

DenButsu
06-22-2010, 08:31 PM
i saw it on bleacherreport.

Attention all PSD NBA Forum posters:

BLEACHER REPORT IS NOT A LEGITIMATE NEWS SITE.

ANYBODY CAN MAKE AN ACCOUNT THERE AND POST ANYTHING THEY WANT.

DO NOT USE IT AS THE BASIS FOR POSTING NEWS AND RUMORS AT PSD.

Thank you.