PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey Nets Will Select Wesley Johnson At #3

R_O_W_E
06-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Wesley Johnson is moving up to 3, New Jersey, on our next mock coming shortly. Told New Jersey will take him and go for a PF in free agency.
http://twitter.com/DraftExpress

Stunner
06-22-2010, 01:33 PM
Wow

RocketsRule
06-22-2010, 01:33 PM
So Derrick Favors goes number 4? Or slips further?

Hawkeye15
06-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Wolves will most likely take Favors then. Which means either Jefferson or Love is gone. Jefferson is showing a lot of trade interest, so I would guess there is a 50/50 chance he is gone by Thursday

AI4MVP
06-22-2010, 01:43 PM
i really really doubt this. they just got terrance williams last year

SeoulBeatz
06-22-2010, 01:44 PM
well that just ****s everything up for everybody lol.

RocketsRule
06-22-2010, 01:46 PM

I see Williams as more of SG. I mean he's like 6'5 or something.

abe_froman
i can see the reasoning for it easily

Master Mind

This.

And I think they draft Cousins instead

Sadds The Gr8
06-22-2010, 01:48 PM
looks like CDR better get his bags packed.

thenetslegend
06-22-2010, 01:49 PM
weare trying to get the wolves to trade with us while we steal rubio

DerekRE_3
06-22-2010, 01:49 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

R_O_W_E
06-22-2010, 01:55 PM
looks like CDR better get his bags packed.

Apparently he packed them before the season ended. He apparently wants out of NJ based on some of his comments.

jayRich
06-22-2010, 01:56 PM
I guess that means no LeBron.

S-Dot
06-22-2010, 01:57 PM
i can only see this happening if the 76ers take Favors...then possibly the Nets would use Wes Johnson at the small forward with CDR, twill, and courtney lee being able to play the shooting guard. If that scenario somehow does happen, Evan Turner going to Minn would be a nice fit.

DaveDevries
06-22-2010, 01:58 PM
weare trying to get the wolves to trade with us while we steal rubio
Kahn has been pretty adamant he isn't trading Rubio, especially this offseason.

arkanian215
06-22-2010, 01:58 PM
http://twitter.com/DraftExpress

It's a rumor. A lot of folks think it's a smoke screen to get Minny to trade up.

We'll see come draft day.

DaveDevries
06-22-2010, 02:02 PM
It's a rumor. A lot of folks think it's a smoke screen to get Minny to trade up.

We'll see come draft day.

I don't think it will work. It seems like David Khan is taking the "wait and see approach". We are guaranteed one of Johnson, Cousins, Favors, and heck maybe even Turner. There is no panic on our part. We can basically sit back and draft whoever falls to 4. I doubt we move up as it's sounding alot like Cousins and Favors are more on our radar than Johnson is. We could draft Cousins or Favors and still sign a wing like Gay.

AI4MVP
06-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Well if Minnesota takes Favors(which would be ideal next to Rubio) or Cousins, they are trading one of there bigs

NYKalltheway
06-22-2010, 02:07 PM
What's with all the Rubio hype? Anyone ever saw him play? He's not that great! Has potential yes, but he's not even one of the best 3 Barcelona players, and not even in the Top 10 of Europe in his position!

Kenny Wayne
06-22-2010, 02:08 PM
New Jersey Nets Will Select Wesley Johnson At #3...Then trade him for Monta Ellis.

Hawkeye15
06-22-2010, 02:09 PM
speaking of smoke screens, Kahn saying Favors is out of shape and not NBA ready, could also very well be a screen.
Its basically a chess match up top, the Wolves will simply wait and see what falls. No worries at all.
I would be happy to get Johnson, but if NJ takes him, I will settle for Favors. He will be a year or two from being a monster, but he has Amare written all over him down the line

R_O_W_E
06-22-2010, 02:09 PM
New Jersey Nets Will Select Wesley Johnson At #3...Then trade him for Monta Ellis.

Take Maggette too.

Done deal.

JNA17
06-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Wolves will most likely take Favors then. Which means either Jefferson or Love is gone. Jefferson is showing a lot of trade interest, so I would guess there is a 50/50 chance he is gone by Thursday

if kevin love gets traded and not al jeff, my already low respect for the wolves will go all the way down to the negatives.

S-Dot
06-22-2010, 02:15 PM
speaking of smoke screens, Kahn saying Favors is out of shape and not NBA ready, could also very well be a screen.
Its basically a chess match up top, the Wolves will simply wait and see what falls. No worries at all.
I would be happy to get Johnson, but if NJ takes him, I will settle for Favors. He will be a year or two from being a monster, but he has Amare written all over him down the line

Who knows Hawkeye...it could possibly be Evan Turner at the #4 spot. Philly still isn't guaranteeing he will be picked there. They like Favors, and New Jersey doesn't really need a shooting guard as much as a small forward. So it's possible Turner could be there at #4.

Tyreke20-5-5
06-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Ok they wanna draft johnson because they could and probably will get a FA pf this offseason like amare or so...

abe_froman
06-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Who knows Hawkeye...it could possibly be Evan Turner at the #4 spot. Philly still isn't guaranteeing he will be picked there. They like Favors, and New Jersey doesn't really need a shooting guard as much as a small forward. So it's possible Turner could be there at #4.

yeah they basically have,hell the sixer put it on their site

R_O_W_E
06-22-2010, 02:20 PM
yeah they basically have,hell the sixer put it on their site

T'Wolves probably would have to give up Rubio's rights to get a Turner deal done with Philly. We're talking about David Kahn begging and pleading with Stefanski to get a deal done. He'd have to go to the office willing to be raped for talented players.

If Minny did: Jefferson, #4, & Rubio's rights for Brand, & #2. I think Philly would have to take a long hard look at that deal.

arkanian215
06-22-2010, 02:23 PM

Pass

abe_froman
06-22-2010, 02:25 PM
T'Wolves probably would have to give up Rubio's rights to get a Turner deal done with Philly. We're talking about David Kahn begging and pleading with Stefanski to get a deal done. He'd have to go to the office willing to be raped for talented players.

If Minny did: Jefferson, #4, & Rubio's rights for Brand, & #2. I think Philly would have to take a long hard look at that deal.

minny wont do it,philly wont do it

minny loves ricky,its just fans of bgigger clubs drooling over ways to get him that drives the trade ricky stuff,and nothing from minny

as well turner has caused the sixer fanbase to be excited,something they havent been in awhile,you dont trade that way

LTBaByyy
06-22-2010, 02:27 PM
This messes everything up!!!!!! Only if fa singing was b4 the draft!!!!!

arkanian215
06-22-2010, 02:29 PM
I don't think it will work. It seems like David Khan is taking the "wait and see approach". We are guaranteed one of Johnson, Cousins, Favors, and heck maybe even Turner. There is no panic on our part. We can basically sit back and draft whoever falls to 4. I doubt we move up as it's sounding alot like Cousins and Favors are more on our radar than Johnson is. We could draft Cousins or Favors and still sign a wing like Gay.

The question is does Khan want to? Not every GM is going to be up front about who they're high on until draft night. If calls from Minny start coming in, the Nets FO will know how much interest Minny has in Wes. I think that's how it went down with the Eddie Griffin for RJ-Collins-Armstrong trade.

iFYouSeekAmy
06-22-2010, 02:37 PM
A change in the mocks possibly?

1. Wall
2. Turner
3. Johnson?
Wolves: X. Henry? AFA? They can't draft a big unless they move Love or Jefferson.
Kings: Favors? Monroe? Cousins?
Warriors: Aminu? Favors? Monroe? Cousins?

And the list goes on.. I love this draft. Top 2 is locked, and everything else is unpredictable.