PDA

View Full Version : Morneau Trade

Pierzynski4Prez
06-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Thinking of doing a Morneau/Capps trade for Prince, Latos, and Anibal Sanchez. My relief spot is pretty solid, so don't need Capps really But I would need to drop a starter, probably either Randy Wells or Edwin Jackson.

Is it worth dropping any of those guys to gain Sanchez?

My pitching staff already consists of Lincecum, Cain, Peavy, Johan, Livan but could always use the depth.

VCU4LIFEGOVIKS
06-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Keep Capps and Morneau. You are giving up too much in the trade.

Your Name Here
06-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Is this a keeper league or not?

If it is, then do this trade in a heartbeat.

Morneau is in the middle of a career-type year, and Capps is a posterboy for Sell-High Magazine. Prince is a prime buy-low candidate, and Latos is ****ing beast.

If it's not a keeper league, then I'd stick with Morneau and Capps the rest of this year. It's not that you are giving up too much, but you don't really need the SP help.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-23-2010, 03:44 PM
thanks guys, Latos was great last night. Making it tougher. I've switched it so that instead of Capps, its Jenks, and we're both mulling it over right now.

I just really value starting pitching depth, especially since we are weekly locks, and my offense has been rolling with Brandon phillips, Crawford, Morneau, Maggs, Bautista, Hunter.

It is a keeper league. But only guys drafted 10th round or later. 12 person league.

And I already have Posey, Stanton, and Chapman on my team. Hoping to pawn 2 off around trade deadline to teams out of it that don't really have a keeper for next year.

brandonwarne52
06-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Is this a keeper league or not?

If it is, then do this trade in a heartbeat.

Morneau is in the middle of a career-type year, and Capps is a posterboy for Sell-High Magazine. Prince is a prime buy-low candidate, and Latos is ****ing beast.

If it's not a keeper league, then I'd stick with Morneau and Capps the rest of this year. It's not that you are giving up too much, but you don't really need the SP help.

My thoughts exactly.

Your Name Here
06-23-2010, 06:20 PM
thanks guys, Latos was great last night. Making it tougher. I've switched it so that instead of Capps, its Jenks, and we're both mulling it over right now.

I just really value starting pitching depth, especially since we are weekly locks, and my offense has been rolling with Brandon phillips, Crawford, Morneau, Maggs, Bautista, Hunter.

It is a keeper league. But only guys drafted 10th round or later. 12 person league.

And I already have Posey, Stanton, and Chapman on my team. Hoping to pawn 2 off around trade deadline to teams out of it that don't really have a keeper for next year.

You didn't mention a limit on how long you can keep someone, nor did you mention how many players you can keep, so it's still hard to give you an exact answer.

But the fact that you'd be getting the only keepable player in entire deal (with Prince and Morneau being picked before the 10th round, and Capps/Jenks being unworthy of a spot), it's looking a lot like you should do this.

I spent $1 for Latos in each of my auction leagues, and that boy is going to be a bargain keeper for a long long while.