PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh "I'm a centerpiece, not an addition to a team"

King P
06-22-2010, 12:07 PM
If Bosh actually believes what he said, this should shake things up come July:

Chris Bosh is a free agent this offseason, along with many other superstars. No kidding. But Bosh has been the guy who is most likely to leave, according to the media, but that may not be the case.

In recent reports, Chris Bosh stated that he wants to be the number one option on the team he goes to this offseason.

"I'm not an addition. I'm a centerpiece," he said. "I have to have that confidence in myself, and I want people to know that, because I'm not somebody that helps out. I'm the guy you get like, 'Yo, we're going to win a championship, you're gonna take us there.'

"I want to hold onto that because I think every kid when they dream about playing basketball, they don't dream about being a role player. They dream about being the man. I have that position in Toronto and to give that up and go somewhere else to be an addition would kinda defeat the purpose of my dreams."

So, why would he go to LA, just to be another face in the crowd? Sure, he's hanging out there, it's a nice place, and why wouldn't he go watch the NBA finals?

New York is another option that Bosh has been fed by the media, but I do not see him going there. First of all, the Knicks are probably the worst team in the league right now Let's say they get LeBron (which won't happen), Bosh isn't going there because he wants to be the number one guy. And if he was the number one guy in New York, they would still be a pretty crappy team.

Miami isn't out of the question, but it seems highly unlikely considering their supporting cast is worse than Toronto's, and if Wade stays, I don't see Bosh playing their either.

The Bulls are actually the most likely option on Bosh's "wish list" because right now their go to guy is Derrick Rose, a guy who would compliment Bosh very well. But considering the money that the Bulls have, I doubt they would settle for just Bosh. They are eying the bigger prize: LeBron James.

The final option is the Toronto Raptors, and why not? They have a good supporting cast, and just need a few changes to their team to make Bosh happy. He's the number one guy and he's happy in Toronto. So why wouldn't he stay. I can see the Raptors going for a guy like Joe Johnson or Rudy Gay to compliment Bosh and make the Raptors contenders, with Bosh leading the attack.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/408893-chris-bosh-wants-to-be-the-man

pacofunk64
06-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Uhhhh no you're not but keep doing what you gotta do to sell yourself. I'd take you but you're not a true #1.

LTBaByyy
06-22-2010, 12:12 PM
Their goes pairing with Lebron! hahahaha

and to be 100% honest, D Rose would be my first option over Bosh, that would be more like sharing the spotlight like nash and stoudemire did...

I wouldnt be only "Bosh's team"

And plus yes he's a star but NOT a superstar, the reason is bc why would you even have to say that? The ones that are the centerpiece never say they wanna be the center piece and not an additon

king4day
06-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Guess he's staying in Toronto then?

Giantwarrior
06-22-2010, 12:15 PM
Bosh can even carry his own team to the playoffs.

ManRam
06-22-2010, 12:17 PM
He's being a dumb-dumb.

Bosh can be the centerpiece to a team- a team that is a fringe playoff contender.

If he passes up a chance to play with Wade or LeBron...or any good team, it is really going to cripple any and every chance he has to win, and I think it will tarnish his already mysterious legacy in the making.

FOBolous
06-22-2010, 12:39 PM
he should come to Houston. Houston has better role players than any of the teams mentioned plus he would be Houston's co-#1 option with Yao.

PG - Aaron Brooks / Kyle Lowry
SG - Kevin Martin / Chase Bundinger
SF - Shane Battier / Trevor Ariza
PF - Chris Bosh / Luis Scola
C - Yao Ming / Chuck Hayes

:drool:

Vidball
06-22-2010, 12:39 PM
He can't be the centerpiece for a contender. If he wants to be "the man", his best bet is CHI. He could be a 3 or a 4 seed there.

Ragun
06-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Guess he's staying in Toronto then?

please god no.

dnewguy
06-22-2010, 12:51 PM
My name is Zach Randolf, and I don't approve this message.

Tyreke20-5-5
06-22-2010, 12:55 PM
Get over yourself Bosh

albertc86
06-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Then why does he want to be a Laker? Doesn't make any sense.

tredigs
06-22-2010, 12:59 PM
He's being pretty foolish (but hey - he's trying to fulfill his dreams his way, can't hate) but I would take this as a VERY good sign if I'm a Chicago fan who wants Bosh (tho' obviously a dagger if you still had hoop dreams of him+Lebron). If Chicago could add Bosh + a solid perimeter shooter to their team (Ray Allen or Mike Miller is who you target), then that's a huge off-season and makes them a contender imo.

Here's the original NBA.com link instead of this Bleacher Report: http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/art_garcia/06/20/chris.bosh/index.html

Hoopsadvocate
06-22-2010, 01:03 PM
why are people so dumb..... If you dont have cap space to add 2 players u arent getting two players. The other team isnt gonna hand you a championship especially if you have crap for assets like toronto (no offense).

Tony_Starks
06-22-2010, 01:05 PM
So hows that centerpiece thing been working out for him so far?......

uptownfan
06-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Apparently these were quotes from a year ago. A lot has changed since then

what54!?
06-22-2010, 01:13 PM
I guess he doesn't understand going to a winning team will only help him. he can still pad his stats on a winning team (expect the lakers because they already have weapons)

asandhu23
06-22-2010, 01:13 PM
He can be a "centerpiece" when he comes to the Warriors

miller74
06-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Yes because in his 7 season hes really showed hes a "centrepiece", how many times has he been to the playoffs 3-4? playoff series wins?
All i know is the centrepieces and max money players dont miss lay ups at the buzzer, which would have put ur team into the playoffs

Reyes6
06-22-2010, 01:15 PM
I think this is a lot about confidence over selfishness, he's just trying to not be forgotten among the LeBron talk.

MaHaRaJaH
06-22-2010, 01:16 PM
He's being a dumb-dumb.

Bosh can be the centerpiece to a team- a team that is a fringe playoff contender.

If he passes up a chance to play with Wade or LeBron...or any good team, it is really going to cripple any and every chance he has to win, and I think it will tarnish his already mysterious legacy in the making.
I think he'd rather not win then be second to them.

0nekhmer
06-22-2010, 01:18 PM
such a big ego bosh. you know you aren't worthy of a center piece when you have to tell everyone you are one.. at least guys like lebron and wade aren't saying that? then we'd have a 100 page thread already!

thekmp211
06-22-2010, 01:22 PM
i liken this to the comments by paul pierce that people jump all over. i think bosh just wants to have the mentality that he's the best guy on the team, and playing in a highly competitive league thats okay i think.

that being said he should not be delusional about his options, and it is an interesting quote to think about. rules out playing with wade and lebron. he could sign somewhere with joe johnson.

i still think his three best options are
okc
houston
chicago

of those chicago is the only team where he would be the clear-cut number one option, at least for the next season or two.

ldc62
06-22-2010, 01:22 PM
This thread is soo dumb. Its based off of articles saying Bosh wants to be a centerpiece, but Bosh made that be known before the season started.... old news.

Unruly Fan
06-22-2010, 01:26 PM
Yes because in his 7 season hes really showed hes a "centrepiece", how many times has he been to the playoffs 3-4? playoff series wins?
All i know is the centrepieces and max money players dont miss lay ups at the buzzer, which would have put ur team into the playoffsI seriously hate when people say that. When Kobe didn't have Shaq or Gasol how many times has he been to the playoffs????????... Not hating on Kobe, the fact is relevant to the point I'm making. Team playoff success is not dependant soley on 1 player.

Unruly Fan
06-22-2010, 01:33 PM
i liken this to the comments by paul pierce that people jump all over. i think bosh just wants to have the mentality that he's the best guy on the team, and playing in a highly competitive league thats okay i think.

that being said he should not be delusional about his options, and it is an interesting quote to think about. rules out playing with wade and lebron. he could sign somewhere with joe johnson.

i still think his three best options are
okc
houston
chicago

of those chicago is the only team where he would be the clear-cut number one option, at least for the next season or two.He could make it in Houston too.

JasonJohnHorn
06-22-2010, 01:38 PM
I understand where Bosh is coming from. He has worked hard to be a top tier athelete, to be one of the best at his position and he wants a team who sees him as their franchise player. A team like Chicago would like see him as the 1st scoring option with Rose handling the ball, so both players would get what they want there. And if he signs in New York along with Joe Johnson, he would likely be the first option on a playoff team.

It sounds to me like what Bosh is saying is that at this point in his career, like Garnett about 5 or 6 years ago, or Karl Malone and Stockton through the 90's, playing with the mentality: I'm not going ring chasing right now. I want to earn it. And I respect that. We hear guys like McGrady and Jemaine O'Neal talk about just signing with contenders. We see guys like Rasheed Wallace jump to a contender, or Mitch Richmond back in the day, or Payton and Malone, and lets face it, win or lose, any of those guys earning a ring wouldn't mean as much as it would if they won the ring a the centerpiece.

Bosh has a goal and he's not ready to give up on yet and just sign with a team like the Lakers who are already champs. He wants to earn it, and he wants to be the guy to build around. I respect that. Whether or not he is good enough, we will see, but Toronto has done a poor job of building around him so far even though they have gotten some good pieces to fit alongside Bosh (Kapono, T.J. Ford, Calderon, Charlie V., Jamario Moon), they have let some of those guys go for trades like Marion (expiring contract) and J O'Neal, and then ended up being disapointed with the signign ot Turkaglu, and they have not drafted very well since Bosh showed up either.

If TO's front office was as good as Portland's or they had a great mind like Jerry West, or even the mind set of a Joe D. or the guys getting things done in Denver, Philly (though they have underachived) Atlanta and OKC, then this Toronto team would be very differnt. But instead they have made trades and signings for second rate players and given up talent for nothing.

Bosh is good enough to be the centerpiece, he just needs better quality pieces around him. A Joe Johnson and a Derrick Rose along with center that can defend and rebound woudl go a long way.

RaiderLakersA's
06-22-2010, 02:17 PM
I have no problems with Bosh dreaming of being the centerpiece. We all have dreams to pursue.

I have no problems with Bosh playing like he's the centerpiece. Basketball championships require that everyone gives 110%.

I do have problems with Bosh thinking that he's the centerpiece. There aren't any contending teams out there who need him in that capacity. Wherever he goes, he'll need to mesh well, possibly sacrificing his game for the greater good, or he'll find out the hard way what every other champion knows: you can't put your ego ahead of the team goal.

B.JenningsMVP
06-22-2010, 02:21 PM
He's going to Houston

magichatnumber9
06-22-2010, 02:37 PM
I would stay as far away from this guy as possible. LOSER

J4KOP99
06-22-2010, 02:46 PM
He will end up with LeBron or Wade...or on some other team with a legit star.

Jays52
06-22-2010, 02:46 PM
This guy's a joke and needs to stop talking and let the chips fall as they will. B.C. should just get the best S & T possible and move on, not sacrificing the long term to keep this enormous ego.

PLAYERS FAN
06-22-2010, 02:50 PM
I don't blame him!

sixer04fan
06-22-2010, 02:50 PM
Bosh would be the best player on a lot of teams, but won't be the best player on a championship team. So saying he's a franchise centerpiece is not necessarily untrue. If he was the 2nd best player on a team, that team would be very dangerous to say the least.

And there is nothing wrong with what he's saying in my opinion - it's just his strategy to try to drive up his price to sign him as a FA. He will get a max contract or close to it if he wants, or he will take less money to play with Wade, Lebron, or someone else of that caliber. Either way, he's a stud and where he signs and how much money he gets will most likely be on his terms.

thedon01
06-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Well to start, that is a stupid thing to say to the media. why? because it doesnt make you look good, and if you go to a city with Lebron or Wade, you are going to be the smaller dog of the 2. So does this guy want to massage his ego or win championships? with that statement it looks like he's after hoisting his ego rather than the nba trophy.

1. He doesnt want to stay in Toronto
2. He doesnt want to be the overshadowed by a bigger free agent signing or a current player on the roster so scratch any pairing with some of the large names in free agency, the Lakers, the Celtics, etc.
3. IMO every player wants to be the star but its not something you should put out there in the media. Just shut up and let your agents do the work.

miller74
06-22-2010, 03:08 PM
I seriously hate when people say that. When Kobe didn't have Shaq or Gasol how many times has he been to the playoffs????????... Not hating on Kobe, the fact is relevant to the point I'm making. Team playoff success is not dependant soley on 1 player.

Max player cant get a team into the playoffs, all they needed was a sub .500 record.
basketball is a team sport but also a sport where 1 player can carry u at times and bosh hasnt done it.

rhino17
06-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Any team with him as the centerpiece is not going anywhere, the guy is horribly overrated

ldc62
06-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Any team with him as the centerpiece is not going anywhere, the guy is horribly overrated

Since when...? Just because people want him on their team as the 2nd option doesn't make him overrated. :rolleyes:
Hes still the best/valuable PF on the FA market considering his skill set and age.

ldc62
06-22-2010, 03:20 PM
Well to start, that is a stupid thing to say to the media. why? because it doesnt make you look good, and if you go to a city with Lebron or Wade, you are going to be the smaller dog of the 2. So does this guy want to massage his ego or win championships? with that statement it looks like he's after hoisting his ego rather than the nba trophy.

1. He doesnt want to stay in Toronto
2. He doesnt want to be the overshadowed by a bigger free agent signing or a current player on the roster so scratch any pairing with some of the large names in free agency, the Lakers, the Celtics, etc.
3. IMO every player wants to be the star but its not something you should put out there in the media. Just shut up and let your agents do the work.

He didn't say this now... he said it a year ago.

masalex1205
06-22-2010, 03:34 PM
He's honestly the best 2nd option in the league, perfect complimentary player as the Olympics proved but he's honestly not a centerpiece guy on a championship contender but regardless of the cap/city, the best place he could go is my Bobcats imo

Felton
Jackson
Wallace
Bosh
Chandler

Bobcats strengths/weaknesses (defense/offense) cover up and are also helped by bosh's strengths/weaknesses (offense/defense)

Unruly Fan
06-22-2010, 03:58 PM
Max player cant get a team into the playoffs, all they needed was a sub .500 record.
basketball is a team sport but also a sport where 1 player can carry u at times and bosh hasnt done it.That being said, do you think that the Raps could've sniffed the playoffs without Bosh?

S-Dot
06-22-2010, 04:08 PM
If the knicks can't lure him to MSG, I wouldn't mind seeing him in Washington with Gil and Wall.

Nighthawk
06-22-2010, 04:12 PM
BLAH BLAH BLAH,

Number 1 option, 2, 3 ,4 i dont care

Chris Bosh will go where the most $$$ are. If thats with Bron or Wade or Rose so be it. Sure his mind set is number 1 option. But he'll follow the cash and that will be with another star

Its funny, When i saw Allen, Pierce and Garnett,(granted they were older) come together and settle for less stats and a better team they won a ring. I thought more teams and stars would do that. But i was wrong. Its never about rings. Its ALWAYS about the money

xxseven72ducexx
06-22-2010, 04:17 PM
yea chris bosh is clowning himself, he's a great player don't get me wrong and he could b the "centerpiece" on a number of teams but if he want to win a championship he has to settle for being the number 2 to sumbody like kobe, lebron or d-wade...if his mindset is that hes gotta b the guy to take a team to the promise land then i dont see chris bosh wearing a championship ring anytime soon

netsgiantsyanks
06-22-2010, 04:18 PM
bosh is just being stupid

Raps08-09 Champ
06-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Why blame the man?

He's not the greatest but he can still be a good player. Blame his surroundings.

I mean the Cavs made it only to the 2nd round and the Cavs team(without Lebron) is lightyears better than the Raps team(without Bosh).

Bruno
06-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Wade, Bryant, James ect all made the playoffs with nothing. The same can't be said for Bosh and thats the difference. Players, like the fans need to get over the whole "top dog" batman/robin attitude. Its absurd, the greatest players ever are those who accepted that they need another top player in the league, so they can share that success together, as a team.

Unruly Fan
06-22-2010, 04:40 PM
yea chris bosh is clowning himself, he's a great player don't get me wrong and he could b the "centerpiece" on a number of teams but if he want to win a championship he has to settle for being the number 2 to sumbody like kobe, lebron or d-wade...if his mindset is that hes gotta b the guy to take a team to the promise land then i dont see chris bosh wearing a championship ring anytime soonSame goes for the Allen, Garnett, Pierce trio. They all made their money first (ringless) as stars on their respective teams before doing all necessary to win a championship in Boston. Not saying it always turns out that way but why limit yourself (to lets say, a second option?) when you have everything going for you right now? Bosh is still a youngin' in the game so he still has time to play around with the business aspect. I can't really blame him.

TheKing23
06-22-2010, 04:47 PM
By saying he wants to be the main guy, he might as well just be saying he never wants to win a ring...

A team with him as the number one guy will never contend let alone win a title.

Raph12
06-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Bosh is not a franchise player, he'll need a legit #1 option to be successful. This is all talk, I'd be shocked if he didn't follow Lebron or Wade or both.

Bruno
06-22-2010, 04:59 PM
The only way another Laker dynasty doesn't happen (other than injuries) is if these free-agents prove to the world that they want to win, that they don't care how much they make, and that they don't care who's the top dog (because it really doesn't matter).

If any of these guys do all those things and agree to team up they could go down as some of the greatest winners in NBA history. I'd love to see Wade/Bosh and James team up, it would be brilliant basketball.

miller74
06-22-2010, 05:06 PM
That being said, do you think that the Raps could've sniffed the playoffs without Bosh?

Depends on who else would be there instead, u know if bosh wasnt BC would have gotten someone else to take those minutes.
Hes got some ok players around him, its not to much to ask for to sneak into 8th place in a weak conference.
there are alot of conflicting styles on the team, so maybe guys like barganni excel without bosh around?
I hope BC works of a S & T because if he leaves cap space isnt much good when no one wants to sign in TO

sunnydayin'zona
06-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Their goes pairing with Lebron! hahahaha

and to be 100% honest, D Rose would be my first option over Bosh, that would be more like sharing the spotlight like nash and stoudemire did...

I wouldnt be only "Bosh's team"

And plus yes he's a star but NOT a superstar, the reason is bc why would you even have to say that? The ones that are the centerpiece never say they wanna be the center piece and not an additon

nice analogy, i agree it could be like nash&amare, except amare doesnt have the ego bosh has...amare doesnt go out and say things like this.

but here in phoenix, we all know its nash's team, theres no true sharing the spotlight, and i think the bulls would be rose's team, since it has been for 2 years and god knows chicago fans love him

cmellofan15
06-22-2010, 06:02 PM
Why blame the man?

He's not the greatest but he can still be a good player. Blame his surroundings.

I mean the Cavs made it only to the 2nd round and the Cavs team(without Lebron) is lightyears better than the Raps team(without Bosh).

LeBron took this (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2007.html) team to the Finals. Don't compare Bosh to LeBron, it's not even close.

tangent12
06-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Bosh shows signs of potential team cancer for certain teams.

Whoever signs this guy needs to be really... really careful.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-22-2010, 06:11 PM
LeBron took this (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2007.html) team to the Finals. Don't compare Bosh to LeBron, it's not even close.

I know Lebron could do that.

I was just saying that give the guy a great supporting cast like what the Lakers have or what Celtics have and you guys would all be on his nuts.

xbrackattackx
06-22-2010, 06:13 PM
Bosh is a Robin, Just like Gasol,Garnett and every other great PF. They all need the G/F all star with them. Garnett Needed Pierce/Allen,Pau needs Kobe, Bosh needs Wade/Lebron.

But it can be flipped little men need the big guys also.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-22-2010, 06:22 PM
Bosh is a Robin, Just like Gasol,Garnett and every other great PF. They all need the G/F all star with them. Garnett Needed Pierce/Allen,Pau needs Kobe, Bosh needs Wade/Lebron.

But it can be flipped little men need the big guys also.

So If I make a team that's just as stacked as the Lakers or Celtics with Bosh as a leader and they'd make the playoffs.

A team like

C-Perkins
PF-Bosh
SF-Ariza
SG-Johnson
PG-Evans

That team I just made is arguably worse than the modern day Lakers and Celtics but that team would be a contender. And you'd all be on Bosh's nuts. It's not just Bosh's fault. You gotta surround him with a great supporting cast too.

xbrackattackx
06-22-2010, 06:26 PM
So If I make a team that's just as stacked as the Lakers or Celtics with Bosh as a leader and they'd make the playoffs.

A team like

C-Perkins
PF-Bosh
SF-Ariza
SG-Johnson
PG-Evans

That team I just made is arguably worse than the modern day Lakers and Celtics but that team would be a contender. And you'd all be on Bosh's nuts. It's not just Bosh's fault. You gotta surround him with a great supporting cast too.

I just said I don't think he is good enough by himself, Yet I am all on his Nuts?

Please don't be rude to me cause your Franchise players is leaving.

And you proved my equation to be sucessful, He would need Joe Johnson. Batman/Robin.
And I didn't say playoffs I said Win.

tangent12
06-22-2010, 06:27 PM
His best fit really is Toronto. The more i think about it, the more i'm convinced. They have a good team around him and for Toronto he's exactly what he wants to be. The centerpiece. He gets that kind of treatment and there's not a lot of places available [winning scenarios at least] where he'll get to be the center of attention. Bosh needs to think this thoroughly before making the wrong decision.

I would personally like to see him stay with the Raps and i believe it's his best option at this point considering his demands.

The Jokemaker
06-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Prove it Bosh. Prove you're a centerpiece because from what I'm seeing it isn't the case. If you were the centerpiece, you would have gotten Hedo to stop complaining and start playing. Your team would be in the playoffs if your the centerpiece. He has done none of that and his teammates haven't gotten better. He doesn't exactly seem like a leader the way Lebron is and gets everyone involved. Lebron does a lot of just shenanigans but it brings the team together. You don't see that in Toronto. If Bosh truly believes this and decides against a team up with Wade or Lebron or whoever else, he will never win a championship by himself. He's not like Duncan who can anchor a team.

tangent12
06-22-2010, 06:28 PM

A team like

C-Perkins
PF-Bosh
SF-Ariza
SG-Johnson
PG-Evans

What's with you and your obsession with nuts?

celtisox41
06-22-2010, 06:35 PM
He is a centerpiece, 24 and 11 is not a complimentary player, and he is a superstar he just played in toronto which isnt a big market, if he played in new york there would be a debate between him and lebron for 2nd best player in the league

JPHX
06-22-2010, 06:36 PM
haha RuPaul of big men.

camador22
06-22-2010, 06:39 PM
He is a centerpiece, 24 and 11 is not a complimentary player, and he is a superstar he just played in toronto which isnt a big market, if he played in new york there would be a debate between him and lebron for 2nd best player in the league

Are you serious??? First off what does a big market have to do with winning? Secondly there will never be a debate between Lebron and Bosh on who's the best. Lebron is farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr better even if you base it on stats.

The Claw
06-22-2010, 06:40 PM
His best fit really is Toronto. The more i think about it, the more i'm convinced. They have a good team around him and for Toronto he's exactly what he wants to be. The centerpiece. He gets that kind of treatment and there's not a lot of places available [winning scenarios at least] where he'll get to be the center of attention. Bosh needs to think this thoroughly before making the wrong decision.

I would personally like to see him stay with the Raps and i believe it's his best option at this point considering his demands.

I totally agree with you 1 million percent. He has to stay and Colangelo has to surround him w/ players that compliment his talent. He needs a legitimate wing player, not just a rookie who is lightyears away to be called legitimate.

Maple Leafs Entertainment, those cheap board has to open their purses for once !

What is interesting though is that, you as a Bulls fan wanted him to stay in Toronto but majority of those Raptors Fans (that includes the Mod ;) of the Team Forum) wanted him out(thats been the culture of that City) Superstars are expendable.

I just hope he stays !

celtisox41
06-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Are you serious??? First off what does a big market have to do with winning? Secondly there will never be a debate between Lebron and Bosh on who's the best. Lebron is farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr better even if you base it on stats.

First im not talking about winning, a big market does matter in popularity, if more people watch you will be more popular, get more deals, and ESPN will overrate you like they did with lebron. And second i said SECOND best player, kobe is better than all of them. And third, lebron has all of the refs on his side, he travels every play, and his endorsments are the reason everyone thinks he's as good as jordan and the greatest player ever and everyone believes all that crap. ESPN made him a better player and bigger star than he should be, they did the same with Michael Vick

GspLAL
06-22-2010, 06:46 PM
The only way another Laker dynasty doesn't happen (other than injuries) is if these free-agents prove to the world that they want to win, that they don't care how much they make, and that they don't care who's the top dog (because it really doesn't matter).

If any of these guys do all those things and agree to team up they could go down as some of the greatest winners in NBA history. I'd love to see Wade/Bosh and James team up, it would be brilliant basketball.

I doubt that, Lebron/Bosh/and another good player like Joe Johnson can join the Nets.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-22-2010, 07:03 PM
What's with you and your obsession with nuts?

A lot.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-22-2010, 07:05 PM
I just said I don't think he is good enough by himself, Yet I am all on his Nuts?

Please don't be rude to me cause your Franchise players is leaving.

And you proved my equation to be sucessful, He would need Joe Johnson. Batman/Robin.
And I didn't say playoffs I said Win.

You said he needs to be Robin but Bosh would the man of that team.

And you even said yourself teams would be stupid to centerpiece around this guy. So by your stardards, who would do that?

kblo247
06-22-2010, 07:50 PM
That sounds to me like he stays in Toronto or goes to Chicago.

In Chicago he is just that as Rose isn't near the level of a star he is and he knows that. Plus they have the talent there to go around him.

The Clippers would have been the long shot and could have been the team if Blake could play SF. He would get his attention being in Hollywood, talent around him, and money but I'm not sure if he and Blake could play together at the forward spots.

fishfan79
06-22-2010, 08:09 PM
bleacher report = totally valid source

<~~ smirks

dodie53
06-22-2010, 08:16 PM
centerpiece = toronto raptor

dtmagnet
06-22-2010, 08:16 PM
Bosh makes comments that make it seem like he's staying in Toronto and people immediately turn on him, guess thats a mature approach.