PDA

View Full Version : Portland Trail Blazers want Mo Williams

JordansBulls
06-22-2010, 10:23 AM
Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AlE7.D9hlwBP2xOgKUmmbkC8vLYF?slug=aw-draftbuzz062210)

Portland is showing strong interest in Cleveland Cavaliers guard Mo Williams. The Blazers have been making calls to check on him.

Chacarron
06-22-2010, 10:36 AM
All I have to say is WHY???:confused:

NYMetros
06-22-2010, 10:37 AM
Why not? You can always use more sharp-shooting guards.

kingkenny01
06-22-2010, 10:38 AM
what are they going to offer

LTBaByyy
06-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Is it just me or did andre miller save that team after roy got hurt? He plays pg

and mo williams did the opposite played good at the beginning then horrible leading into the playoffs plus the playoffs

why not go after collison from NO or louis williams??! since the sixers believe in jrue

kingkenny01
06-22-2010, 10:43 AM
this is trade but i think it favors cleveland to much
Delonte West, Mo Williams ---- Andre Miller, Marcus Camby

prodigy
06-22-2010, 10:49 AM
I want Batum in any deal with Portland.

mikantsass
06-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Why the *&%# would they want Mo Williams? Guy is the most OVERRATED player in the league. Andre Miller is 100x better than Mo

Chacarron

portland is guard heavy, if varejao can go to portland along with mo then watch out.

prodigy

Way to old, no way.

AllTimeBest
06-22-2010, 10:52 AM
The Trailblazers need bigger names then Mo Williams. They need to start getting better players around Roy if they want to win a championship with him. Should have taken Durant over Oden :pity:

prodigy
06-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Why the *&%# would they want Mo Williams? Guy is the most OVERRATED player in the league. Andre Miller is 100x better than Mo

Because they want a shooter along side Roy.

Ragun
06-22-2010, 10:54 AM
mo will + roy would make a nice backcourt...mo will draining threes all night

Sadds The Gr8
06-22-2010, 11:06 AM

Because he's a sharpshooter and as good as Andre Miller is, he just takes the ball outta Roy's hands a little too much. One of the main factors of the Blazers/Suns series was G.Hill shutting down Miller because all he did was sag off him and dare him to shoot, and Andre cant shoot for ****. Mo will be able to stretch the floor and give Roy more opportunities to handle the ball and make plays.

I'd guess that they trade Bayless with Webster OR Batum since they're stacked at the wings.

LTBaByyy
06-22-2010, 11:07 AM
mo will + roy would make a nice backcourt...mo will draining threes all night

Until the playoffs lol

If the NBA was about the regular season I would say go for it!!

Shoot if the NBA was about the regular season my mavs would have atleast 3 championships haha

LTBaByyy
06-22-2010, 11:12 AM
They never give Bayless a chance!!!!! Why don't they give him a shot, bc i think he can be the pg of the future! he's young and plays good w/ the minutes he gets

I think he can do the same type of caliber as Flynn, Jennings, and Curry (NOT Evans haha) if they gave him legit minutes!!

td0tsfinest
06-22-2010, 11:14 AM
So what happens to Andre Miller? Is he on the returning end?

Sadds The Gr8
06-22-2010, 11:18 AM
They never give Bayless a chance!!!!! Why don't they give him a shot, bc i think he can be the pg of the future! he's young and plays good w/ the minutes he gets

I think he can do the same type of caliber as Flynn, Jennings, and Curry (NOT Evans haha) if they gave him legit minutes!!

iunno i guess its cuz he is more of an athletic guy that needs an up-tempo offense, and Portland plays really slow. Maybe he needs a team change to show his abilities cuz he doesnt fit Portland's system.

S-Dot
06-22-2010, 11:24 AM

I agree. jarryd Bayless is an exicting offesnive Point Guard. He reminds me of that other point guard out of the Univ. of Arizona named Gilbert Arenas. They needs to either to give the guy a chance and stop looking for other point guards, or trade him for another player that can help them at another position.

D1JM
06-22-2010, 11:25 AM
isnt fernandez a little bit better plus he is way cheaper? This is going to piss off fernandez and demand a trade for sure

Klivlend
06-22-2010, 11:33 AM
I'm thinking this will end up being a 3-team trade if it goes through. Either involving Golden State or Minnesota as well.

Hellcrooner
06-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Hope Rudy goes to Cleveland and can start n the ****ng end.

Hellcrooner
06-22-2010, 12:02 PM
isnt fernandez a little bit better plus he is way cheaper? This is going to piss off fernandez and demand a trade for sure
He is about to do it acording to spanish media.

In gfact he is going tobring an ultimatum and say they either trade hm or he simply leaves them and comes back to spain.

JordansBulls
06-22-2010, 04:59 PM

They need a shooter.

Mo
Roy
Batum
Aldridge
Oden/Camby

Hellcrooner
06-22-2010, 05:01 PM
They need a shooter.

Mo
Roy
Batum
Aldridge
Oden/Camby

they hae one but mcmillan is stupid enough to not use it.

blazerman
06-22-2010, 05:12 PM

Portland never offered Camby!

Miller and Fernandez is likely but no way Portland would even consider Camby with Oden and Pryzbilla on mend.

Chacarron
06-22-2010, 05:15 PM
They need a shooter.

Mo
Roy
Batum
Aldridge
Oden/Camby

I doubt Mo is what they need, he is a choker straight up. If they need a shooter, they should go after Arenas, just saying :D

tdunk21
06-22-2010, 05:16 PM
mo for batum, bayless

tdunk21
06-22-2010, 05:17 PM
I doubt Mo is what they need, he is a choker straight up. If they need a shooter, they should go after Arenas, just saying :D

now arenas is a real locker room shooter ;)

mgsports
06-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Miller stays.
Hickson is the future PF in Cleveland.
Get somebody that James would want if he stays.

D Roses Bulls
06-22-2010, 07:23 PM
Why not? You can always use more sharp-shooting guards.

LMAO@ the fact you called him a sharp shooter

The Jokemaker
06-22-2010, 07:30 PM
Mo is a good player so it makes sense for them to try and acquire him. If they can swap Miller for Mo I'd say that's a good deal. Mo slipped in the playoffs but the guy can still shoot the 3 and before he got to Cleveland, Lebron had nobody for that.

Portland should do it and good deal for them. Probably get him on the cheap too.

BradyIsTheMan12
06-22-2010, 07:38 PM
I guarantee Batum isn't going to Cleveland if this deal goes down. Bayless and Rudy are more likely. I don't think this will happen anyways.

JordansBulls
06-22-2010, 09:05 PM
I guarantee Batum isn't going to Cleveland if this deal goes down. Bayless and Rudy are more likely. I don't think this will happen anyways.

If Mo is traded then I think we can agree that Lebron is gone.

NYMetros
06-22-2010, 09:21 PM
LMAO@ the fact you called him a sharp shooter

Did he not just lead the eastern conference in 3 point shooting for PGs? Pretty sure that qualifies you as a sharp shooter.

TheKing23
06-22-2010, 09:21 PM

So you think Mo is one of the reasons LeBron will re-sign in Cleveland?

Yeah, they are close but Mo has bailed on LeBron two postseasons in a row. If Mo gets traded (hopefully not to the Blazers as they don't really have a lot to offer) it's no indication of what LeBron is gonna do.

I'd much rather the proposed #5 pick and Beno Udrih for Mo deal to go down, although that seems far too one sided in favor of the Cavs.

Bruno
06-22-2010, 09:25 PM
Mo is a pretty ideal 3rd option PG. It would be great for Portland.

D Roses Bulls
06-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Did he not just lead the eastern conference in 3 point shooting for PGs? Pretty sure that qualifies you as a sharp shooter.

actually daniel gibson led the eastern conference in 3 point shooting. also mo williams is too inconsistent to be considered a sharp shooter

blackjack_119
06-22-2010, 09:33 PM
mo for batum, bayless

Minnesota offered the #4 overall pick for Batum and Portland turned them down. There is no way that he is going to Cleveland for Mo Williams.

AI4MVP
06-22-2010, 09:33 PM
So you think Mo is one of the reasons LeBron will re-sign in Cleveland?

Yeah, they are close but Mo has bailed on LeBron two postseasons in a row. If Mo gets traded (hopefully not to the Blazers as they don't really have a lot to offer) it's no indication of what LeBron is gonna do.

I'd much rather the proposed #5 pick and Beno Udrih for Mo deal to go down, although that seems far too one sided in favor of the Cavs.

good joke. mo williams in the most overrated player in the league. i dont even think hes that much better then beno udrih alone

Ray_R
06-22-2010, 09:43 PM
good joke. mo williams in the most overrated player in the league. i dont even think hes that much better then beno udrih alone

:nod: But for some reason I want to see what is Portland goingto offer.

NYMetros
06-22-2010, 09:44 PM
actually daniel gibson led the eastern conference in 3 point shooting. also mo williams is too inconsistent to be considered a sharp shooter

Mo Williams is #1 according to this.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/stats/byposition?pos=PG&sort=22&qualified=1&conference=Eastern&year=season_2009

LOL. Want to explain to me how Mo Williams is inconsistent?

tdunk21
06-22-2010, 09:45 PM

u r kidding right?

ldc62
06-23-2010, 12:59 AM
I could see why. Roy likes having the ball and Mo is comfortable enough to just be a spot up shooter.

THE MTL
06-23-2010, 02:52 AM
Brandon Roy played ALOT better with Steve Blake than Andre Miller and Portland actually made Blake the starter again (until Roy went down and Blake got traded).

Sharpshooting guard is what they need. Along with an ELITE medical staff and miracle pills. lmao.

ElFuturoDeESPN
06-23-2010, 04:35 AM
mo for batum, bayless

:laugh:
That's rich. You want a potential point guard of the future and arguably the next Tayshaun Prince (with a much higher ceiling) for an inconsistent outside shooting PG when we already have one in the wings when Patty Mills comes along.

No thanks.

ElFuturoDeESPN
06-23-2010, 04:36 AM

Agreed.

xbrackattackx
06-23-2010, 11:06 AM
I wanna know why, and what they plan to do with him.

Hellcrooner
06-23-2010, 11:30 AM
lol at cavs fans asking for batu,.

if you are LUCKY you will convince portland to surrender RUDY alongisde MIller , Bayless and rudy if you are Extremely lucky.

but most probably youll just get Miller. and some second rounder.

JordansBulls
06-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Cavs will need young players in return.