PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Players Who Could Be on the Move

D Roses Bulls
06-21-2010, 10:59 PM
Its a slide show so just click through if you wanna read the actual article.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/409205-nba-trade-rumors-the-top-10-players-who-could-be-on-the-move#page/11

10. Darren Collison

He's far from the sexiest name on this list, but there's a lot of hope from the Hornets that he can be used as a centerpiece to unload some bad contracts.

There's a few teams in the market for a point guard and a lot of feeling from around the league that Collison can be a star—he was a quality nightly starter with Chris Paul hurt.

Collison made himself the NBA's Michael Turner in a lot of teams' eyes—the star that got stuck behind a superstar.

To get him, the Hornets want a team to take Peja Stojakovic's $15 million off their books for this year.

A deal would happen after the free-agent smoke settles, because the Hornets wouldn't be a free-agent player even with that $15 mil off the ledger.

9. Tayshaun Prince

There's a lot of talk in Motown that Prince is a lame duck, thus the Pistons are trying to deal him to move up in the draft.

The trading partner is likely to be the Kings, who don't have a ton of need for the No. 5 pick after they dealt for Samuel Dalembert.

The Pistons want to get to No. 5 in the draft. Minnesota is increasingly falling in love with Wesley Johnson, so there's hope in Detroit that DeMarcus Cousins would be there at No. 5.

The Kings don't want him there and could get their small forward at No. 7 with the Warriors likely to draft big.

The Pistons need to leap frog Golden State to get Cousins. Prince would be the bait to make that happen. Plus, they put $11 million back in their pockets to chase a free agent.

8. Devin Harris

The Nets are saying all the right things right now when it comes to the point guard.

Harris and Avery Johnson weren't the friendliest pair in Dallas, but the spin is that Johnson helped Harris grow.

The only reason you're hearing the spin now is because the Nets lost the lottery and won't get John Wall.

There's still a lingering rumor that the Hornets want to be done with Chris Paul because they don't feel they can re-sign him after 2011. The Nets want him bad, and reportedly would move the beloved Harris in a heartbeat.

7. Hedo Turkoglu

Turkoglu has pushed himself on to this list after he stunk up the joint in Toronto and made it abundantly clear he wants nothing to do with Canada anymore.

There's one destination: Sacramento, that apparently is more than happy to make a deal.

6. Erick Dampier

Dampier is seen as the key to the Mavericks sneaking in the back door of the Lebron James lottery.

His contract is up after this year, which makes him even more attractive. There's a feeling in Dallas that even if James turns a blind eye to Mark Cuban, Dampier could still be moved if the team were to re-sign Brandon Haywood.

He's been an expensive bust, but other teams with big-man needs might feel they can make him shiny.

5. Michael Beasley

The big man has had a weird run in Miami filled with personal problems and uneven play.

The Heat are wondering if he'll ever fit with D-Wade, or if his issues are only going to deepen in the Florida sun.

He's only 21 and still put up decent numbers—15 PPG and 6.4 RPG. It's enough to make him valuable in a sign-and-trade with any of the prize catches.

4. David Lee

He's a surprise entry into the mix here.

The Knicks have never treated him like a centerpiece guy. The numbers warrant it and the rest of the league covets him, but to New York, he's always been seen as expendable.

That's why it seemed like Lee wouldn't help New York get something back when he bolts. But now there's talk that Lee's folks are hearing max-contract talk from teams and know they can get the most from the Knicks.

So they would begrudgingly help New York get something back, like a Jarrett Jack from the Raptors.

The hot talk now is Lee to Phoenix, though he continues to be the focus of Toronto.

3. Amar'e Stoudemire

Anyone that says Stoudemire isn't getting a max contract is just fooling themselves.

He is in control of supply and demand here. With Steve Kerr out, Stoudemire's people are reportedly getting a cold shoulder from Phoenix.

Once again, it's in the big's best interest to do a sign-and-trade to maximize his dollars.

The Clippers and Heat are the latest hot rumors, with Beasley reportedly being dangled in Miami.

Stoudemire is going to net Phoenix something solid here, from draft picks to a decent building block.

2. Chris Bosh

The big man is talking like he wants to be the centerpiece of an organization in a market where he's seen as the perfect complement to another star.

If Bosh doesn't stay in Toronto, the feeling is the team and his people are all about the sign-and-trade.

The hottest rumors are Beasley in Miami and Luol Deng in Chicago, another young big whose contract is not ridiculously overbearing.

There's also an outside-shot rumor of Bosh landing in Lakers Land in a sign-and-trade for Andrew Bynum.

1. LeBron James

If James ends up leaving Cleveland, it's going to be in a sign-and-trade.

Dampier is the bait in Dallas, Deng in Chicago and Beasley in Miami.

New York has very little to offer other than Curry. There's some small talk that the Knicks may re-sign Al Harrington in hopes to dangle him for James.

hgtiger32
06-22-2010, 01:20 AM
interesting read...

ElishaJ1030
06-22-2010, 01:52 AM
Reading this caused me to go grab a bag of Doritos...LOL!!! good read and I agree with the list and could see some of it come to pass

D Roses Bulls
06-22-2010, 02:07 AM
Reading this caused me to go grab a bag of Doritos...LOL!!! good read and I agree with the list and could see some of it come to pass

yea it was a pretty good list and I agree with it as well. I could definitely see alot of what was said in the article happen.

spreadeagle
06-22-2010, 02:35 AM
I dont see Turk goin to Sac any more unless they swing us Dalembert for Turk

_KB24_
06-22-2010, 02:41 AM
What I don't get is why the hell would Cleveland do a sign-and-trade when it only hurts them? Really, Dampier, Deng, and Beasley aren't really something to look forward to. Why not use LeBron's cap room to go after another FA or just start the whole rebuilding process again and use the draft.

D Roses Bulls
06-22-2010, 03:35 AM
What I don't get is why the hell would Cleveland do a sign-and-trade when it only hurts them? Really, Dampier, Deng, and Beasley aren't really something to look forward to. Why not use LeBron's cap room to go after another FA or just start the whole rebuilding process again and use the draft.

well because who really wants to go to cleveland? it's not a knock on the city, but the dead honest truth. they wont lure any big name with the extra cap better then what they would possibly get from the bulls or heat. the only reason anyone wanted togo to the cavs in the first place was because of lebron, butif they dont have him, it might be better to get something rather then getting nothing later on.

tdunk21
06-22-2010, 03:42 AM
why is eric dampier on the list?

abe_froman
06-22-2010, 03:53 AM
why is eric dampier on the list?

he has an unguaranteed contract that everyone looking for more capspace to enter into the free agency bonanza is drooling over

_KB24_
06-22-2010, 04:12 AM
well because who really wants to go to cleveland? it's not a knock on the city, but the dead honest truth. they wont lure any big name with the extra cap better then what they would possibly get from the bulls or heat. the only reason anyone wanted togo to the cavs in the first place was because of lebron, butif they dont have him, it might be better to get something rather then getting nothing later on.

I get that dude, but getting guys like Deng and Dampier are just a waste. Why the hell pay them so much for limited production? Their not star quality. Beasley wouldn't be that bad considering his contract but the guy is a bust as well. Their better off waiting another year for the next LeBron James in the 2020 draft. :)

Say Akron! :cool:

D Roses Bulls
06-22-2010, 05:47 AM
I get that dude, but getting guys like Deng and Dampier are just a waste. Why the hell pay them so much for limited production? Their not star quality. Beasley wouldn't be that bad considering his contract but the guy is a bust as well. Their better off waiting another year for the next LeBron James in the 2020 draft. :)

Say Akron! :cool:

well its better to get something for nothing. I mean Deng isn't that bad, he did average 17 points a game this year and Beasley has only been in the league for two years and in a system that hasnt suited him so he isnt actually a bust just yet, he also averaged 16 ppg. Dampier is the wild card because the guy is up and down and he isnt exactly young, but still sometimes teams also do these sign an trade so they arnt left empty handed and the team does have an option on dampier anyways they can exercise. Like in 2000 when Hill signed with the magic, the magic actually did a sign and trade for ben wallace at the time as well as chucky atkins. both those guys weren't anything at the time even though atkins didnt really pan out and wallace well you know the story, but it also is to accommodate the the former player as well as stupid as it sounds, but it does happen. its not like the cavs will be completely be horrible if lebron leaves, i doubt they will make the playoffs, but they still will be in the hunt so its better to get something rather then nothing.

hugepatsfan
06-22-2010, 05:57 AM
well its better to get something for nothing. I mean Deng isn't that bad, he did average 17 points a game this year and Beasley has only been in the league for two years and in a system that hasnt suited him so he isnt actually a bust just yet, he also averaged 16 ppg. Dampier is the wild card because the guy is up and down and he isnt exactly young, but still sometimes teams also do these sign an trade so they arnt left empty handed and the team does have an option on dampier anyways they can exercise. Like in 2000 when Hill signed with the magic, the magic actually did a sign and trade for ben wallace at the time as well as chucky atkins. both those guys weren't anything at the time even though atkins didnt really pan out and wallace well you know the story, but it also is to accommodate the the former player as well as stupid as it sounds, but it does happen. its not like the cavs will be completely be horrible if lebron leaves, i doubt they will make the playoffs, but they still will be in the hunt so its better to get something rather then nothing.

Actually, it's better to suck major *** than it is to be "o'kay." That's called basketball purgatory - not good enough to make a championship run but not bad enough to blow it up and rebuild around a high lttery pick. I think CLE is better off letting Lebron walk free and just waiting. Tough it out until their bad deals expire and then rebuild. If they can hit on their mid first round picks until then, that just speeds up the process. Who knows, maybe they can deal Mo and Jamison for some good pieces when they become expirings. But dealing for a guy like Deng stunts that process. I like Deng, so it's not a knock, but it just doesn't make sense for CLE.

lavell12
06-22-2010, 06:24 AM
Why would the Cavs do sign and trade with LeBron? The best thing the Cavs need is cap room if they lose LeBron.

emman03
06-22-2010, 07:39 AM
bosh or stoudemire for beasley,cook + pick(s) not 18pick
johnson sign!!

johnson
wade
bosh

D Roses Bulls
06-22-2010, 08:33 AM
Actually, it's better to suck major *** than it is to be "o'kay." That's called basketball purgatory - not good enough to make a championship run but not bad enough to blow it up and rebuild around a high lttery pick. I think CLE is better off letting Lebron walk free and just waiting. Tough it out until their bad deals expire and then rebuild. If they can hit on their mid first round picks until then, that just speeds up the process. Who knows, maybe they can deal Mo and Jamison for some good pieces when they become expirings. But dealing for a guy like Deng stunts that process. I like Deng, so it's not a knock, but it just doesn't make sense for CLE.

I understand that and I get what you are saying, but the NBA usually doesn't work that way. If Lebron leaves and they dont have anything to show for it then the cavs will be scrutinized by the fans. I'm not saying they will do a sign and trade, but I bet they will just do it so Lebron can get that extra year and more money and the Cavs will have something to show, maybe not much, but its something. an example would be of this is the grant hill sign and trade.

hugepatsfan
06-22-2010, 09:18 AM
I understand that and I get what you are saying, but the NBA usually doesn't work that way. If Lebron leaves and they dont have anything to show for it then the cavs will be scrutinized by the fans. I'm not saying they will do a sign and trade, but I bet they will just do it so Lebron can get that extra year and more money and the Cavs will have something to show, maybe not much, but its something. an example would be of this is the grant hill sign and trade.

If they get a draft pick that's great. No harm in adding one of those. But they shouldn't take on any deals that hinder their rebuilding process (which they better start if Lebron leaves). Young players make sense too.

One S&T possibility CLE should jump at is DAL.

DAL gets: Lebron, Antwan Jamison
CLE gets: Caron Butler, Eric Dampier, Deshawn Stevenson, 1st rounder

That would give CLE a draft pick for Lebron and rid them of a long term contract (all 3 DAL players are expirings). I'm not sure Lebron would sign in DAL though. They would have a great team if he did though.