PDA

View Full Version : How many titles for these trios - Looking Back

JordansBulls
06-21-2010, 10:51 PM
Link - Kobe, Gasol, Artest (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242728&page=13&highlight=titles+trio)

Link - KG, Pierce, Allen (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137896&highlight=titles+trio)

Link - Dwight, Vince, Lewis (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=379113&highlight=titles+trio)

black1605
06-21-2010, 10:54 PM

_KB24_
06-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Lake Show:2-3
BOS: 1
Magic: 0

ldc62
06-21-2010, 11:15 PM
Magic will never win one with those 3.

JordansBulls
06-22-2010, 10:19 AM
Magic will never win one with those 3.

Why not?

Aapox
06-22-2010, 10:24 AM
Dwight is good, but not consistent enough offensively, especially against good defense. Rashard is simply a hot/cold shooter who can disappear and Vince is no longer half man, half amazing, more like 80% washed up. Even with a great supporting cast that trio is championship calibur. Only Dwight is.

Tony_Starks
06-22-2010, 10:56 AM

jackdawson
06-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Magic doesn't have a big three. I won't consider that as a big three, let alone they will win a championship, period.

Vidball
06-22-2010, 11:05 AM
3-4

LTBaByyy
06-22-2010, 11:28 AM
LA trio: Already have 2 so I will go with.... 4 total before kobe retires

Boston trio: Already have 1 so if everyone comes back plus a good draft pick... 2 total if it's next year, none after next year

Orlando trio: 0. Not even a legit trio

BOSTON617
06-22-2010, 11:42 AM
i dont get why artest is being considered a player in the lakers "big 3" the lakers should be called the soloist without kobe they wouldnt even make the playoffs...

hype707
06-22-2010, 11:44 AM

BOSTON617
06-22-2010, 11:44 AM
but if all these guys were in their prime it would go
boston
orlando
la

but current is
la
boston
orl

clehmun
06-22-2010, 11:57 AM
but if all these guys were in their prime it would go
boston
orlando
la

but current is
la
boston
orl

really?

in their primes: kobe > dhow, gasol > vc, artest > lewis

you can make an argument on gasol and VC, but a PF/C with that much skills is way tougher to find than a 25 scoring wingmen.

LTBaByyy
06-22-2010, 12:04 PM
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?! In their prime!!

Lewis < Kobe
D-Howard(In his prime now)> Gasol
VC > Artest

Let's be honest now haha

BOSTON617
06-22-2010, 12:07 PM

Lewis < Kobe
VC > Artest

Let's be honest now haha

this lol

mser58
06-22-2010, 12:08 PM

Lewis < Kobe
VC > Artest

Let's be honest now haha

can i get a :facepalm:

BOSTON617
06-22-2010, 12:08 PM
really?

in their primes: kobe > dhow, gasol > vc, artest > lewis

you can make an argument on gasol and VC, but a PF/C with that much skills is way tougher to find than a 25 scoring wingmen.

and your comparing completly dif postions :facepalm:

king4day
06-22-2010, 12:17 PM
I don't give this thread a whole lot of life. Just gonna be fights from LA and Boston fans.

It's been one year since those threds were made. This is a thread for a few years down the line. Otherwise, every year one of these three wins it,. we can come back and repost it.

LTBaByyy
06-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Im a mavs fan for life!!!! Look at my avatar w/ nash and dirk

I was just calling it like it is

LTBaByyy
06-22-2010, 12:28 PM
can i get a :facepalm:

Please do NOT tell me you think gasol in his prime is better than howard has been now in his prime??? Gasol wasnt even considered the best center when he was with the grizzlies, shaq was!!! He was a veryyyyyy finesse scoring center. Howard took the best center crown from shaq and yao,

And don't make me get the stats compared hahahaha it will be game over lol

RaiderLakersA's
06-22-2010, 12:54 PM
i dont get why artest is being considered a player in the lakers "big 3" the lakers should be called the soloist without kobe they wouldnt even make the playoffs...

The Lakers actually play decent team ball without Kobe. They only lost one game last year when Kobe didn't play. And that one game was a close loss.

But you're right about Artest being too much of an unknown quantity offensively and inconsistent, at least last season, to be considered as one of the Lakers "Big 3" right now. But that could change (improve) as he grows with the team, and the team grows with him.

Back to the OP, the Lakers could get 1-2 with the current roster. We are obviously going to add a few more players to the roster this offseason. If we bring in the guys that I think we're going to bring in (a veteran PG to replace Fisher, proven scorers to bolster our bench, and a Lee or Haywood-type back-up Center), then we can get 2-3 by the time Kobe retires, if everyone stays healthy.

And if something miraculous happens (because it's the Lakers and crazy things usually happen when it comes to bringing in new talent) and we wind up with Bosh or CP3 or Melo without losing our core players, then 3-4 in the next 10 years is not outside the realm of possiblity, esp., if we stay healthy and bring in a respected coach after PJ retires.

JordansBulls
06-22-2010, 04:53 PM
3-4

When you say 3-4 are you counting 2 right now or only 1 right now?

dodie53
06-22-2010, 08:34 PM

Hotone1401
06-23-2010, 06:17 AM
Please do NOT tell me you think gasol in his prime is better than howard has been now in his prime??? Gasol wasnt even considered the best center when he was with the grizzlies, shaq was!!! He was a veryyyyyy finesse scoring center. Howard took the best center crown from shaq and yao,

And don't make me get the stats compared hahahaha it will be game over lol

I don't know...you seem like a fanboy to me. I guess you have an argument for Dwight's defensive ability but he's still very one dimensional offensively. I would take Gasol over Dwight if I'm looking to win a title. Dwight's great for big numbers in fantasy basketball but his weak post up game is always exposed in the postseason. Pau on the other hand possesses every skill you could ask for in a basketball player. He can pass, rebound (BIG), handle the ball, score with either hand with ease, shoot, defend, etc...so my argument is that it's not really so cut and dry as you think buddy. And if I remember correctly, Pau played very well against Dwight head to head in the Finals.

As for him not being the best center when Shaq was in his prime, it's seems pretty understandable to me. Gasol really isn't a center because his natural position is PF, but he's so skilled that looks comfortable any where on the floor with or without the ball. I've watched Shaq in his prime and he is still 10x the player Dwight will ever be IMO and you won't ever convince me otherwise. But give us some stats if you want but be sure to include the head to head matchups in the Finals too please.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
06-23-2010, 12:20 PM

Lewis < Kobe
VC > Artest

Let's be honest now haha

Wow being completely honest Kobe would light that team up while still getting nearly a triple double,Artest would lock up who ever he is guarding and Gasol's offensive mindset is too much for anyone, just like 2 years ago against D Howards "DPOY" defense... Oh and Kobe would baptize Howard again too haha