PDA

View Full Version : Giants interested in Royals OF DeJesus

YankeeFan28
06-21-2010, 07:23 PM
The Giants have interest in Royals outfielder David DeJesus, two major league sources said, but it doesn't appear that the clubs are engaged in serious talks.

DeJesus would be a good fit for a number of contenders, including the Padres, Red Sox and Braves.

In any case, San Francisco may have a hard time meeting Kansas City's price. DeJesus has an affordable $6 million club option for next year, so the Royals don't have a pressing need to move him. A left-handed batter, DeJesus is hitting .328 this season.

San Francisco manager Bruce Bochy has used Pat Burrell and Aubrey Huff in the outfield corners recently; DeJesus would be a defensive upgrade over either.

Burrell has performed well since joining the Giants, but the team might still be one bat short. Aaron Rowand is hitting just .220, and Mark DeRosa is hurt.

If Andres Torres continues to shine as Rowand's short-term replacement, the Giants would have less incentive to part with a prospect for DeJesus.

DeJesus has experience at all three outfield positions, which increases his trade value.http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/MLB-latest-news-from-June-052910

Zmaster52
06-21-2010, 07:53 PM
He'd be nice for them. Not a bad idea

thedfactor
06-21-2010, 07:56 PM
Yes, I would like to get DeJesus, he'd be really nice add to play outfield and also a very solid left-handed hitter.

koldjerky
06-21-2010, 07:57 PM
Dejesus is such a plainly underrated player.

TheGiantYankee
06-21-2010, 07:57 PM
I switched way to quick from NFL forum to MLB forum and thought this was about the New York Giants :facepalm: I flipped out

San Francisco should go for it, Rowand looks finished

Lloyd Christmas
06-21-2010, 08:02 PM
I switched way to quick from NFL forum to MLB forum and thought this was about the New York Giants :facepalm: I flipped out

So you thought your New York football Giants were interested in Royal's OF DeJesus?

SFGiants4life
06-21-2010, 08:02 PM

too bad we have him for 3 more years :facepalm:

redsox0717
06-21-2010, 10:59 PM
I'd really like the Red Sox to make a serious run at him, given our mess of an OF.

jmtapia
06-22-2010, 02:57 AM
Royals would be wise to sell here...

PatelJ1010
06-22-2010, 03:09 AM
we need Power bats not another Freddy Sanchez that bats Left handed and plays the OF...Would trade Nate str8 up for him but that never ever going to happen (saracasm)

Pinstripe pride
06-22-2010, 08:37 AM
good idea for the giants. i'd love to see the yanks make a play for him