PDA

View Full Version : If Kobe were to retire, can Lebron be a multiple champion?

BSF101
06-21-2010, 07:01 PM
God I hope he (Kobe) does retire, but figuratively speaking of course, can u see Lebron winning multiple championships??? Being a Celtics fan I can if he goes to a winning team. your thoughts???

ManRam
06-21-2010, 07:05 PM
What does Kobe have anything to do with him winning? Kobe has never been the reason LeBron has won.

:confused:

Geargo Wallace
06-21-2010, 07:06 PM
LeBron didn't lose to Kobe in the playoffs... you should watch.

flip_loyalty
06-21-2010, 07:10 PM
ahahahah no. How can Lebron win multiple championships if he cant go back the finals again?

_KB24_
06-21-2010, 07:12 PM
No, the question should be if Dwight were to retire, would LeBron be a multiple champion? Dwight's Kingdom extends to all of the East Coast now son! ;)

Tony_Starks
06-21-2010, 07:13 PM
I think when LA is done dominating its either Carmello or Dwight Howards turn for a while.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-21-2010, 07:15 PM
They haven't even met in the playoffs. Kobe hasn't done anything that made the Cavs lose.

BSF101
06-21-2010, 07:16 PM
What does Kobe have anything to do with him winning? Kobe has never been the reason LeBron has won.

Lets get real, Kobe and I hate to say it is the best right now. Lebron is the second according to experts, until Kobe is out there's no stopping them.:facepalm:

BSF101
06-21-2010, 07:17 PM
They haven't even met in the playoffs. Kobe hasn't done anything that made the Cavs lose.

Never say never????

king4day
06-21-2010, 07:18 PM
Lets get real, Kobe and I hate to say it is the best right now. Lebron is the second according to experts, until Kobe is out there's no stopping them.:facepalm:

It's possible Lebron goes to a team next year that adds great talent. Then Kobe could have problems. It's about matchups. No team is identical from the year prior.

king4day
06-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Never say never????

It's 100% true though. Kobe never met Lebron in the finals and did nothing to cost him in the regular season. They thread title is kinda irrelevant until they meet in the finals and Kobe wins that too.

It's not like the Lakers dominated their last two finals wins. They did what they had to, but they almost lost this one and we all know what happend against Orlando. That was a lot closer than the 5 games appeared to be.

eibbor
06-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Lebron COULD win multiple championships whether Kobe retires or not...

slack_justin
06-21-2010, 07:51 PM
lebron will win when david stern says its time. which will probably be soon since stern wouldnt want his new darling to start crying to much

thread is stupid close it

eibbor
06-21-2010, 08:00 PM
lebron will win when david stern says its time. which will probably be soon since stern wouldnt want his new darling to start crying to much

thread is stupid close it

Thread isn't as stupid as your post. Stern has had nothing to do with the numbers he has put up. He isn't the only person that had no chance in Cleveland.

BSF101
06-21-2010, 08:03 PM
Thread isn't as stupid as your post. Stern has had nothing to do with the numbers he has put up. He isn't the only person that had no chance in Cleveland.

LOL. good one. :D:D:D

Raps08-09 Champ
06-21-2010, 08:20 PM
This thread is stupid.

Kobe hasn't done anything for the Cavs to lose. Cavs lost to Magic and Celtics last 2 years. Not to Lakers. So I don't get how Kobe needs to retire. Lebron needs to lose to Kobe in the finals first before you can even say something like this.

And even then. Wishing someone retired so your homeboy can get a ring is sad.

LA_Raiders
06-21-2010, 09:53 PM

yeah, but he wont let him either...

Lakersho
06-21-2010, 09:56 PM
God I hope he (Kobe) does retire, but figuratively speaking of course, can u see Lebron winning multiple championships??? Being a Celtics fan I can if he goes to a winning team. your thoughts???
....depends who's on his team ...

SA5195
06-21-2010, 09:56 PM

This

Slimsim
06-21-2010, 09:57 PM
ok will win a championship before LBJ if he stays in Cleveland

Wade_County
06-21-2010, 10:37 PM
more like if the lakers quit could lebron win a championship.....the lakers are so far ahead of the rest of the league right now. Unless we have one of these rumored superstar teamup teams next year, the lakers will win again IMO

drew_ballz99
06-21-2010, 10:47 PM
It's 100% true though. Kobe never met Lebron in the finals and did nothing to cost him in the regular season. They thread title is kinda irrelevant until they meet in the finals and Kobe wins that too.

It's not like the Lakers dominated their last two finals wins. They did what they had to, but they almost lost this one and we all know what happend against Orlando. That was a lot closer than the 5 games appeared to be.

Are you kidding me?? The Lakers beat Orlando in 5 and you think it was closer than that? Winning 4 of 5 games is dominating in my opinion. They did not dominate Boston...but they won none the less. They are the best team in the NBA because of it.

td0tsfinest
06-21-2010, 10:51 PM

I'm confused as hell too.

I can't believe how much of deal people make out of Lebron not having won a championship already. He's only 25. Some of the most prominent figures in all of basketball didn't win their first championship until years after that.

Jordan was 28, when he won his first title.So was Shaq.
Hakeem won his first title when he was 31.
David Robinson was 34 when he won his first.

Avenged
06-21-2010, 11:00 PM
First of all, Kobe and Lebron have never faced in the Finals so it isn't like Kobe is the reason Lebron isn't winning championships.

ThaRegul8r
06-21-2010, 11:18 PM
This thread is stupid.

Kobe hasn't done anything for the Cavs to lose. Cavs lost to Magic and Celtics last 2 years. Not to Lakers. So I don't get how Kobe needs to retire. Lebron needs to lose to Kobe in the finals first before you can even say something like this.

Exactly. This is ridiculous. Kobe has absolutely nothing to do with LeBron not having an NBA title. Of course the insinuation is that no one else in the league will be able to win a championship so long as Kobe is playing.

blastmasta26
06-21-2010, 11:26 PM

I can't believe how much of deal people make out of Lebron not having won a championship already. He's only 25. Some of the most prominent figures in all of basketball didn't win their first championship until years after that.

The concern is based more off of his experience. Jordan won it in his seventh year, and LeBron has not won it in 7 years yet. Players straight out of high school usually retire earlier than those with college experience. The worry is unreasonable, as LeBron will most likely win at least one title, but I think it pertains more to comparing him with Jordan and seeing if he can surpass him.

MTar786
06-22-2010, 08:30 AM

kobe was 21

he had 3 rings when he was lebrons age

S-Dot
06-22-2010, 09:30 AM
i don't really think you need Kobe to retire for this to happen. Those two have never met each other in the postseason.

nycsports2
06-22-2010, 09:53 AM
if kobe retires or not brons getting mult ships

S-Dot
06-22-2010, 10:09 AM
kobe was 21

he had 3 rings when he was lebrons age

he also had the most dominant center fo the past 20 years on his team....maybe even the most dominant center of all times. Shaq won those 3 Finals MVP. Granted Kobe was still one of the top players at the time, but let's be honest...Shaq led that team.

awmathewsjr
06-22-2010, 10:13 AM

Let me start off by saying this is the dumbest thread of all time.
1. Kobe has yet to stand in LeBron's way.
2. LeBron was already on a winning team, matter of fact his team had the best record in the league.
Could someone please close this useless thread

PrettyBoyJ
06-22-2010, 10:25 AM
Kobe isnt relevant to this question..

Tony_Starks
06-22-2010, 10:40 AM
The real question should be: what does Lebron have to do to meet the Lakers in the finals? As of now he needs to worry about Boston and Orlando, not Kobe.