PDA

View Full Version : If you are a Marquee FA - would you rather play for the Bulls, Nets, Knicks, or Heat?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

JordansBulls
06-21-2010, 03:22 PM
If you are a Marquee FA - would you rather play for the Bulls or Knicks or Heat?

Give Reasons for Why or Why not?

JNA17
06-21-2010, 03:27 PM
well I'm bias but NY. Not because of the franchise, just because of the city. That's really it.

tangent12
06-21-2010, 03:32 PM
It was said on NBATV and everyone agreed... if LeBron wants to win he'll go to Chicago. They also said it's the best choice and team for LeBron [which is obvious of course].

So without a doubt, Chicago. It's honestly a two team race between Cleveland and Chicago.

ManRam
06-21-2010, 03:32 PM
I like the city of Chicago more than the other two...and they probably do provide the best shot at winning.

So Chicago.

ink
06-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Bulls and Heat are realistic, but sorry Knicks fans, even with a marquee FA you have to admit that it's a big project.

ink
06-21-2010, 03:33 PM
It's honestly a two team race between Cleveland and Chicago.

Probably.

Mc Lovin
06-21-2010, 03:34 PM
The Heat because nobody ever can do what Michael Jordan did in Chicago and Miami has way better weather.

SA5195
06-21-2010, 03:38 PM
Heat. Since my position is PG.

Not the Bulls since they already have a great one in Rose. And NY hasn't made the playoffs for a while, so no.

oak2455
06-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Bulls and Heat are realistic, but sorry Knicks fans, even with a marquee FA you have to admit that it's a big project.

So one of the best cities in the world, who have two MAX FA spots... some good young guys and Curry's huge expiring contract.......I guess it would be a BIG PROJECT:confused: Where are you from :D

Raidaz4Life
06-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Heat for me and its not even close

lavilevi23
Heat. D-wade , south beach, parties, girls... What else would I want?

abe_froman
-chi and mia are great cities with great nightlife to..so cant use the city as the main/lone selling point ny
-chi/mia both have a better shot at winning
-money,everywhere is equal
-weather favors mia
-but wade there takes attention away from me being able to be looked at as the franchise player

probably chi if i'm tier one,mia if i'm tier 2

thescore53
06-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Chicago first then miami then nyk

ElToro
06-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Hold your horses! A lot of things can happen between Thursday (NBA Draft), and July 1st.

sean17c
06-21-2010, 03:52 PM
well. i would choose chicago.

for one. i would not want to go to miami, because they really dont have a great history like chicago. and the fans are horrible. People say that the weather is good. but it is for most of the year in chicago too. and i actually like WINTER. snow and everything is cool. also miami has hurricanes and etc. plus the team has alot of holes

i would not want to go to new york. because they would want you to win and win now. the media would crush you if you did not win. a rod anybody?? plus the media is everywhere. you wouldnt be able to eat in the city without 100 cameras following you.
and the team sucks.

chicago is perfect. great VERY young core with expirence. a franchise player in rose and a great center in noah. also deng hinrich taj. a great coach. great legacy. chicago is a great city. fans will ride with you no matter what. FOREVER. and YOU WOULD WIN. how can you pass up on that?

mikantsass
06-21-2010, 03:53 PM
1. Miami - Dwayne Wade, gorgeous weather, hot latina women, and a max contract

2. New York - Worshipped as a "savior", best city in the US, max contract, center of attention, great food, lots of east coast celebs, playing alongside another max contract, passionate fans

3. Chicago - Decent city, good young core, max money, but compared to the other 2 situations this is last on the list

Evolution23
06-21-2010, 03:54 PM
I would say NY and then Miami.. Chicago is an ok city but they dont offer flexibility in terms of cap space like NY and Miami.

Raps08-09 Champ
So one of the best cities in the world, who have two MAX FA spots... some good young guys and Curry's huge expiring contract.......I guess it would be a BIG PROJECT:confused: Where are you from :D

Cuz Bulls have Rose and 2 max spots while the Heat have Wade and 1 Max spot.

thescore53
man i hope we somehow trade bosh for noah his energy and passion give me goosebumps

Chacarron
The Bulls have a very good team already.

magichatnumber9
06-21-2010, 03:55 PM
I would rather play for the Heat. D wade is the only free agent that has truely expressed wanting to for his respected team. Plus he is a superstar.

DerekRE_3
Heat.

thescore53

i think you got it twisted

S-Dot
06-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Tough one. The best team of the 3 today is Chicago. But I expect Pat Riley and Donnie Walsh to make moves to make their respective teams more attractive. Even though I'm a Knicks fan I'm saying 1). Chicago 2). Miami 3). New York

http://letstalknba.blogspot.com/

Evolution23
06-21-2010, 03:56 PM

no the bulls have 1 max spot

Gators123
06-21-2010, 03:57 PM
NY,Miami,Chi

magichatnumber9
06-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Who wouldn't want to go to those sex, pot parties with D Wade. they have with those sexy Cuban women, nice weather, the best food.

The Jokemaker
06-21-2010, 03:58 PM
New York Knicks hands down. I could care less about playing in Chicago so Miami would be my 2nd pick then the Clippers as my 3rd. Why would I, a marquee free agent, go where I would just walk the footsteps of Jordan. I'd rather be the one who's footsteps were followed. Go to New York and Clippers, and well if you succeed there, you're going to be revered.

Dieselpi
06-21-2010, 03:59 PM
lol arod? cmon.... arod could win 10 rings and the no one would like him, it has nothing to do with the media... hes just a douche

NYMetros
Knicks... Madison square garden, the city... not sure what would be better than that.

Giantwarrior
Miami HEAT by a landslide.

NBA players want to make money, before they want to win. they know that this is their last Big Payout contract before the lockout season next year. who knows what will happen.

Miami is perfect, no state Taxes, you wont lose 35-40% of your paycheck. Its a great place to live and alot of players want to play there.

Chicago Homers please sit down, your pizza isnt even that good.

Jonathan2323
1. Miami - Dwayne Wade, gorgeous weather, hot latina women, and a max contract

2. New York - Worshipped as a "savior", best city in the US, max contract, center of attention, great food, lots of east coast celebs, playing alongside another max contract, passionate fans

3. Chicago - Decent city, good young core, max money, but compared to the other 2 situations this is last on the list

Couldn't have said it better myself.

abe_froman
06-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Who wouldn't want to go to those sex, pot parties with D Wade. they have with those sexy Cuban women, nice weather, the best food.

i speak from experience that miami isnt the only place that has sex pot parties

sean17c

chicago has the best food.

and people forget.

wade....?? and who else?? also wade is 28
d rose. 21 noah. 25 deng 24
new york.....

..no one

but you guys want to play for a team because of the weather and food.. smh

Raps08-09 Champ
no the bulls have 1 max spot

Someone has 2 max spots and the other team has 1. Fill it out.

Giantwarrior
06-21-2010, 04:01 PM

NY has the best food.

Evolution23
06-21-2010, 04:01 PM
i speak from experience that miami isnt the only place that has sex pot parties

and def not the best food

NYK_kidd77
06-21-2010, 04:02 PM
Lol please no not another we got better food thread!

Giantwarrior
06-21-2010, 04:03 PM
its about MONEY!!!!!

You dont pay State Taxes in Florida. you will save tens of millions! FA's want to play in Miami, thats why everyone expresses interest in Miami every year.

Dmagic87
06-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Forget about the nightlife, girls, and the rosters themselves. Lebron can be in LA one day, NY by noon and Miami before clubs even open. Girls? He is Lebron lol. Not to mention that NY is pretty close to the best when it comes to nightlife/girls/celebs etc.

This is about his legacy. Ask yourself this question, if I can automatically win a championship, which city do I want to do it for? Do you want to compete with MJ's legacy in Chi-Town? Do you want to split credit with Wade... who btw already won a championship so he isn't exactly a side kick... or do you want to win one in NYC where its been so long.

Even when NY is bad, they still get so much attention. The knicks, lakers, bulls, and celtics are the elite franchises in the NBA. He has to go to one of them, but why the Bulls? He should be afraid of competing with Jordan. He is already changing his number.

Come to NY, get Bosh, average a triple double for season and make your own legacy Lebron. Look at the hype/respect/endorsements a guy like Jeter gets... he isn't even a top 30 player in his sport (I am a yankee fan) Imagine what Lebron would get if he won a championship here.

Giantwarrior
TRUST ME, im a Chef.

NYC Has the greatest diversity the best food. period.

theres more to food then deep dish pizza and cuban sandwiches.

NYK_kidd77
Knicks cause im a Knick fan.

xabial
06-21-2010, 04:05 PM
If your a Bulls fan your going to say Bulls.
If your a Knicks fan your going to say Knicks
If your a Heat fan your going to say Heat.

Each has its advantages and right this moment its 60/40 with NY/Chicago. Could go either way. I dont think he will sign with the Heat to play with Wade (My opinion)
If you go to Chicago you have a good supporting cast, but your going to be the only Max Fa signed. An 8th seed established playoff contender w/o Lebron but is it Enough to win it all?
If you go to NY, You get another Max Free agent who will sign with you (Could be Amer'e, Bosh). (Not to mention the endorsement deals and playing for the biggest City in MSG, and the love you'll recieve from the fans as the 'savior')
If your the Heat you have Dwayne Wade

As biased as this sounds, i think he'll go to the Knicks. (Please don't Kill me Heat/Bulls Fans)

rcal10
06-21-2010, 04:06 PM
I would say NY and then Miami.. Chicago is an ok city but they dont offer flexibility in terms of cap space like NY and Miami.

This reasoning makes no sense at all. All three cities can offer the same thing to James in regards to money. Of the 3, NY is the worst choice because they are the furthest from winning. If a FA wants to win he goes to either Chicago or Miami. If the FA is James, I think Chicago would be best because with the Bulls he would be the marquee guy. With Miami he has to share the spotlight with Wade. Plus, with the Bulls, IMO he has the best chance of winning. Even with Wade on Miami I like the Bulls supporting players better than Miami's. I believe Bosh would be a better fit with Chicago as well if they do not get James. He has said he wants to be the man. He cannot be that in Miami. he can in NY, if they do not get James, but as the man he will not win in NY. He needs another star to win in NY and if he gets another star he will not be the man. NY best options would be guys like Amare, Boozer, Johnson and maybe Rudy Gay. None have to be the star but are solid players.
The real issue is, does the marquee FA want to win. If he does, Chicago and Miami are very close. If he doesn't care about winning but wants headlines and exposure NY makes the most sense. But money will be the same everywhere for the top 3 or 4 FA's.

NYK_kidd77
06-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Like Jada said. "If you win one chip its like you won 2 here."

justinnum1
06-21-2010, 04:07 PM

NBA players want to make money, before they want to win. they know that this is their last Big Payout contract before the lockout season next year. who knows what will happen.

Miami is perfect, no state Taxes, you wont lose 35-40% of your paycheck. Its a great place to live and alot of players want to play there.

:clap:Really couldn't have said it better myself. Miami can pay the money plus you have the opportunity to play with the guy who had the best nba finals performance ever.
What has rose proven? He is miles behind wade and unproven.

NY is a joke. An absolute joke. NY will get whoever doesn't sign with Miami.

justinnum1
06-21-2010, 04:08 PM
chicago has the best food.

and people forget.

wade....?? and who else?? also wade is 28
d rose. 21 noah. 25 deng 24
new york.....

..no one

but you guys want to play for a team because of the weather and food.. smh
How many rings do those guys have?

rcal10
06-21-2010, 04:09 PM

The Bulls do not need two max spots. They already have a star for Lebron to play with, Rose. Just as Miami does with Wade, if they sign him. he is one of their max spots. If Lebron wants to win Chicago is the place to be.

Giantwarrior
06-21-2010, 04:10 PM
i wouldnt want to play for Chicago. they have to many fans as homers.

homestarunner93
06-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Well, in Chicago you have:
*A nice, big market city
*An overrated, ball-hog PG who isn't nearly as good as Bulls fans think he is
*An overrated, ugly C who isn't nearly as good as Bulls fans think he is

New York:
*Huge market
******* franchise
******* supporting cast

Miami:
*Nice city
*Top 5 player
*Decent supporting cast

Miami is the easy choice.

james21
06-21-2010, 04:11 PM
If your a Bulls fan your going to say Bulls.
If your a Knicks fan your going to say Knicks
If your a Heat fan your going to say Heat.

Each has its advantages and right this moment its 60/40 with NY/Chicago. Could go either way. I dont think he will sign with the Heat to play with Wade (My opinion)
If you go to Chicago you have a good supporting cast, but your going to be the only Max Fa signed. An 8th seed established playoff contender w/o Lebron but is it Enough to win it all?
If you go to NY, You get another Max Free agent who will sign with you (Could be Amer'e, Bosh). (Not to mention the endorsement deals and playing for the biggest City in MSG, and the love you'll recieve from the fans as the 'savior')
If your the Heat you have Dwayne Wade

As biased as this sounds, i think he'll go to the Knicks. (Please don't Kill me Heat/Bulls Fans)

can you please explain how with the addition of lebron to the bulls that they will be an 8th seed at best? if not for their players being injured at the end of the season they were the 5th seed? please explain

NYK_kidd77
06-21-2010, 04:12 PM
:clap:Really couldn't have said it better myself. Miami can pay the money plus you have the opportunity to play with the guy who had the best nba finals performance ever.

Is this Baiting sir??

rcal10
06-21-2010, 04:13 PM

So do you watch the playoffs. The two years Rose has been in the playoffs he has raised his game to even higher levels. I believe he was 5 or so in scoring in these playoffs after being incredible in the playoffs against Boston. Rose is 21 and going to get better. Wade is 28, been injured a few times the last few years and nearing the downside of his career. Personally IMO Rose's career from this point forward will be better than Wade's from this point forward.

Evolution23
06-21-2010, 04:14 PM
This reasoning makes no sense at all. All three cities can offer the same thing to James in regards to money. Of the 3, NY is the worst choice because they are the furthest from winning. If a FA wants to win he goes to either Chicago or Miami. If the FA is James, I think Chicago would be best because with the Bulls he would be the marquee guy. With Miami he has to share the spotlight with Wade. Plus, with the Bulls, IMO he has the best chance of winning. Even with Wade on Miami I like the Bulls supporting players better than Miami's. I believe Bosh would be a better fit with Chicago as well if they do not get James. He has said he wants to be the man. He cannot be that in Miami. he can in NY, if they do not get James, but as the man he will not win in NY. He needs another star to win in NY and if he gets another star he will not be the man. NY best options would be guys like Amare, Boozer, Johnson and maybe Rudy Gay. None have to be the star but are solid players.
The real issue is, does the marquee FA want to win. If he does, Chicago and Miami are very close. If he doesn't care about winning but wants headlines and exposure NY makes the most sense. But money will be the same everywhere for the top 3 or 4 FA's.

How do the Bulls offer maximum flexibility for Lebron or Wade or Bosh? They can only sign one big name and then their window is closed for singing another big name. Dont tell me someone is taking deng or Kirk's contract cause no team wants to add on salary for a mediocre player. The bulls plan on getting Theb. but he has no experience as a head coach. U think Lebron is ready to risk a 3 year contract with a team with no flexibility and a rookie coach? What happens if the Bulls lose and the combination of Rose and Lebron doesn't work chemistry wise. They can't make any trades and they are locked as a playoff team that doesn't win a ring.

One the other hand the knicks and heat can offer 2 maxes plus they have coaches in place already. The Knicks also have a VALUABLE expring 11 million contract in Eddy Curry.. If they trade him on draft day and get another big name player like Tony Parker or Granger its even more of a plus for NY. NY has a brighter future for all these reasons.

xabial
06-21-2010, 04:15 PM

But NY is the only Team that has the Salary cap space to offer 2 Free Agents Maximum contracts. At the moment they couldnt be further from winning ... But they do have the cap to Sign Lebron/Bosh or LeBron/Amer'e or even LeBron/Boozer, and trust me thats a 50 Win team right there. A pipe -dream? Maybe. But Dont underestimate NY as "Furthest from winning".

Sergio1984
06-21-2010, 04:16 PM
*A nice, big market city

New York:
*Huge market
******* franchise
******* supporting cast

Miami:
*Nice city
*Top 5 player
*Decent supporting cast

Well it's so easy to do that, here goes mine.

Chicago: Awesome city, great nightlife, huge market, up and coming PG, rebounding machine in Noah.

NY: ....

Miami: High crime rate, empty arena at the games, D-Wade and Beasley lol, beaches, women.

My point is of course you're going to bash the other two cities and praise yours. Luckily for us Lebron isn't looking at these boards to make his decision. He will go where he has the best chance of winning unless he cares about all the other non-basketball related stuff. Nobody knows who he thinks has the best chance to win but we will find out pretty soon.

Wade_County
06-21-2010, 04:16 PM
how many rings do those guys have?

NYK_kidd77
06-21-2010, 04:17 PM
^ lol lol you wouldn't happen to be a Chi fan???

Seyton
It's pretty silly for people to compare the cities of New York, Miami and Chicago to one another. Each is huge, has great pedigree, more clubs and nightlife than one could ever get to, arts and entertainment, business - whatever. Food? Please. There's good food here in *Naperville* for crying out loud.

These three cities have so much to such excess that, to me, they cancel each other out from being huge factors.

If it doesn't come down to current players, which will shake out more after the draft, then I would guess it would come down to feel for which organization has the best laid plans - a combination of present and future.

For instance, one of the Knicks fans brought up a good point about Eddy Curry's contract expiring (thank goodness - I'm a Bulls fan, can't stand but have always respected the Knicks, and even I feel bad about that whole thing). There's no reason why James might not be intrigued by himself and another max free agent now and then a third when Curry rolls, literally, out. Three max players will attract excellent role players - just ask Boston.

I think the Bulls are in good position because they already have much of their puzzle set in place and the personnel moves may be easier for them to click off their to do list simply because they don't have to make as many. One max free agent could feel pretty comfortable going there and knowing that his addition alone elevates the team. He wouldn't have to worry about so many other moving parts coming to fruition.

I don't know much about Miami but certainly the pedigree and presence of Riley can not be underestimated.

I don't think the actual cities themselves will matter. All three are an excess of riches if you ask me.

justinnum1
*A nice, big market city

New York:
*Huge market
******* franchise
******* supporting cast

Miami:
*Nice city
*Top 5 player
*Decent supporting cast

:clap: Someone else who understands.

Swift n Sil3nt
06-21-2010, 04:18 PM
For the immediate future I think i would rather play with the Chicago Bulls. I think they have a more promising team and a team thats ready to win now with a marquee name such as Lebron James. Similarly to the Nets, they have talented and proven players at positions that are most difficult to draft: Center and Point Guard. With Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah, the Bulls have a solid core to begin with especially since Lebron James would fill another need at the SG or SF position. However, with the contracts of Luol Deng and Kurt Hinrich, the Chicago Bulls have little flexibility moving forward and any move they make this year would likely be their last for an extended period of time barring any trades. They do have additional draft picks that the Knicks do not have, but because they are a talented team I am not expecting much from the players but solid role players.

The Knicks on the other hand have the ability to sign two marquee free agents without shifting the team around. Right there that speaks volume and that really helps their cause. Furthermore, they have the right talent to surround star players with. They have a defensive minded point guard who does not need the ball in his hands to be effective in Toney Douglas. He has shown the ability to stop the opposing point guard in his limited minutes. They have a sharp shooter in Danillo Gallinari who would really help spread the floor for the team. He also plays good to plus defense. Im assuming if they get one marquee free agent they get two marquee free agents, or else they strike out. Assuming that second free agent would be Chris Bosh, the Knicks would have a very talented 1-4. Their second round picks are ideal because they allow the Knicks to draft for need, a defensive presence such as Jarvis Varnardo or Lance Stephenson. However, i think one of the things really hurting the New York Knicks is the fact that they dont have a center and although one is not needed in the system, one is needed to compete with the Magic and Lakers and other teams that are already established in that area, especially since Bosh and the likings have mentioned their non interest in playing that position. I think they could be looking to buy a late first to draft Alabi. Furthermore, the Knicks have the very valuable trading chip in Eddy Curry, one of the biggest expiring contracts going into next season after Samuel Dalembert. That gives them the luxury to sign another key piece the following season. While their bench may not be as strong or proven as the Chicago Bulls, Walker and Chandler are no slouches and I have to believe older veterans will follow suite for the opportunity to win.

Regardless of who the Knicks or Bulls sign this year, I do not think either team will win the championship as the teams need to gel and the younger players to to further mature. However, in year 1 I believe the Bulls would be the better team as they also would be for years 2 and possible 3, but after that I believe the Knicks have placed themselves in a better situation.

As the intangibles i favor the Knicks in term of market and the city itself with the most potential for endorsements, however the Bulls are not far behind and they have a little bit more legacy.

hype707
new york is weakkkkkkk

Sadds The Gr8

this

Sergio1984
^ lol lol you wouldn't happen to be a Chi fan???

Of course not, what gave you that idea?

I wasn't trying to bash the Knicks, I just didn't feel like posting their good qualities. My apologies.

justinnum1
06-21-2010, 04:19 PM
Is this Baiting sir??

When a free agent says winning is important and then brings up NY, i have to question what they are thinking. NY is the biggest stage in the world, but best chance to win? I don't think so.

mikantsass
06-21-2010, 04:20 PM

Chicago: Awesome city, great nightlife, huge market, up and coming PG, rebounding machine in Noah.

Miami: High crime rate, empty arena at the games, D-Wade and Beasley lol, beaches, women.

My point is of course you're going to bash the other two cities and praise yours. Luckily for us Lebron isn't looking at these boards to make his decision. He will go where he has the best chance of winning unless he cares about all the other non-basketball related stuff. Nobody knows who he thinks has the best chance to win but we will find out pretty soon.

The question was if YOU were a free agent who would you want to play for. Not if you were LEBRON.

I answered completely with no bias. I do not like/dislike any of the cities involved. Fact of the matter is that things like food/weather/women/quality of life/taxes/privacy are all factors when you are going to be living somewhere for the next 5-7 years. Yes it is important who is running your organization, who is your coach, who do you play with.... But off the court decisions are just as big of a factor.

3RDASYSTEM
Well being he's born and raised in Midwest its obvious CLE/CHI have the advantage, growing up we all wanted to hit the Mecca of the Midwest(Chi-town) and im sure LeBron aint no different especially when they start talking bout NIKE and the ''big market'' money kicker in his contract, so why not go to the bright lights of the CHI and still be protected cuz im sure its like a 30min flight and a 5-6hr drive from CLE to CHI ...the media is huge in CHI but they would protect they ''Midwest'' poster child and he would thrive ....NY would be great also, but its more perception than actual substance, i mean just think wat the KNICKS had to do just to get here, its still dysfunctional, just more controlled now,its alot of other stuff i wont get into that makes NYC the ultimate pressure cooker...MIA has a small chance but a chance, and im sick of hearing about playing in MJ's shadow, did DUNCAN play in ROBINSON shadow? did SHAQ say let me think about playin in KAREEM/WILT shadow before he bolted to L.A. for like $120+mill? did KOBE say i dont wanna play in WEST(NBA logo man)/MAGIC(Saved NBA w/BIRD)shadow? they went to a combined like 20 NBA FINALS so KOBE has no chance to match those right but he still went cause its a storied franchise and you build on those not run from it, plus LEBRON grew up watchin his idol play for that team so it would be an honor, its not LEBRON fault MJ is pretty much the GOAT? did AI run away cause BARKLEY/DR J was only thing ya talked about before his arrival? James will be fine wherever he lands...i mean he is playing BBall right? not Soccer/NFL cause im sure he doesnt want to follow in PELE or A.GATES shadow

xabial
can you please explain how with the addition of lebron to the bulls that they will be an 8th seed at best? if not for their players being injured at the end of the season they were the 5th seed? please explain

I said Without him they were an 8th seed playoff contender this year. Injuries may effect a team but if i remember correctly when Bosh got injured Toronto Just narrowly missed playoffs. If your blaming making 8th seed on injuries then how come you made 7th seed last year? In reality your a playoff team w/o Lebron, but an 7th-8th seed one at best. Maybe its enough to win a championship with Lebron idk, i cant read the future. Personally i think NY/Chi/MIA offers him equal chances to win championships.

thescore53
06-21-2010, 04:21 PM
*A nice, big market city

New York:
*Huge market
******* franchise
******* supporting cast

Miami:
*Nice city
*Top 5 player
*Decent supporting cast

Miami's supporting cast is the worst but all that can change this summer

SMH!
06-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Miami mamis, nuff said.

netsgiantsyanks
06-21-2010, 04:22 PM
chicago.... i got mad family over there so i'll get alot of love before i even play a game lol

rcal10
06-21-2010, 04:23 PM
How do the Bulls offer maximum flexibility for Lebron or Wade or Bosh? They can only sign one big name and then their window is closed for singing another big name. Dont tell me someone is taking deng or Kirk's contract cause no team wants to add on salary for a mediocre player. The bulls plan on getting Theb. but he has no experience as a head coach. U think Lebron is ready to risk a 3 year contract with a team with no flexibility and a rookie coach? What happens if the Bulls lose and the combination of Rose and Lebron doesn't work chemistry wise. They can't make any trades and they are locked as a playoff team that doesn't win a ring.

One the other hand the knicks and heat can offer 2 maxes plus they have coaches in place already. The Knicks also have a VALUABLE expring 11 million contract in Eddy Curry.. If they trade him on draft day and get another big name player like Tony Parker or Granger its even more of a plus for NY. NY has a brighter future for all these reasons.

The bulls can offer the same max contract to james as NY and Miami can. If we are putting Wade on Miami then they have one more max contract, same as Chciago. You are correct, the knicks can offer two max deals, but Bosh has already said he does not want to be second fiddle. So if James goes there they still need another max deal to even be decent. As for coaches, does james want to play for a rookie coach who is a defensive wizard or a coach who doesn;t even consider defense. Guess we shall see. I image Knicks fans will think one way, heat fans another and Bulls fans yet another. But IMO the Bulls offer the best supporting cast.

Sadds The Gr8
06-21-2010, 04:23 PM
*A nice, big market city

New York:
*Huge market
******* franchise
******* supporting cast

Miami:
*Nice city
*Top 5 player
*Decent supporting cast

lmao wtf? you stated only cons about NY and Chi and only pros about MIA. :laugh:

NYK_kidd77
06-21-2010, 04:24 PM
When a free agent says winning is important and then brings up NY, i have to question what they are thinking. NY is the biggest stage in the world, but best chance to win? I don't think so.

The guy we are all fighting over i honestly believe winning is not as important to him as other things. If you want to take Lebrons word for what it is then he is going to resign with the Cavs.

Ovratd1up
06-21-2010, 04:25 PM
It's funny, Eddy Curry played for maybe the two cities with the best food and he still only went to McDonald's.

justinnum1
06-21-2010, 04:25 PM
So do you watch the playoffs. The two years Rose has been in the playoffs he has raised his game to even higher levels. I believe he was 5 or so in scoring in these playoffs after being incredible in the playoffs against Boston. Rose is 21 and going to get better. Wade is 28, been injured a few times the last few years and nearing the downside of his career. Personally IMO Rose's career from this point forward will be better than Wade's from this point forward.

:facepalm: Wow, you obviously have never seen a heat game the last 3 years. Wade has had no help and still got his team a 5th seed. Rose is a good young player. But are you hearing what your saying? You give bulls fans a bad reputation.

avrpatsfan
06-21-2010, 04:26 PM
The Heat because Miami is awesome and there aren't any state income taxes in Florida. New York is very unattractive finically due to the current economic conditions in New York. Miami is a great city.

kozelkid
06-21-2010, 04:27 PM
its about MONEY!!!!!

You dont pay State Taxes in Florida. you will save tens of millions! FA's want to play in Miami, thats why everyone expresses interest in Miami every year.

I have a feeling you flunked math.
You do realize state taxes are next to nothing compared to federal taxes. Not to mention, it's only for half the games that are at home.
At most, they save 200-250k, and no I doubt that's that much money for these guys.

justinnum1
But NY is the only Team that has the Salary cap space to offer 2 Free Agents Maximum contracts. At the moment they couldnt be further from winning ... But they do have the cap to Sign Lebron/Bosh or LeBron/Amer'e or even LeBron/Boozer, and trust me thats a 50 Win team right there. A pipe -dream? Maybe. But Dont underestimate NY as "Furthest from winning".

Make sure you know what your talking about before throwing out this kind of misinformation. Not only can mimai sign 2 MAX but if they get rid of beas they can sign 3.

abe_froman
i cant wait til this **** is over with so fans can stop trying to sell their teams/city as if it's going to persuade them if they just push really hard on a forum!

Ovratd1up
06-21-2010, 04:28 PM
*A nice, big market city

Hahaha, have you actually watched them more than once? You don't really know what you're talking about.

DodgerBulls
06-21-2010, 04:29 PM
Miami's supporting cast is the worst but all that can change this summer

Then.. you ask urself this as a player..

Why not go play for a team that is already better than the others to make it even better than play for a team just to make it better?

kozelkid
Regardless, this thread was a bad idea from the start considering everyone here is biased and no doubt it will eventually lead to baiting and likely some infractions and/or bans.

oak2455

I didnt ask you, but going forward he said it would be a big project but thanks for playing........Bulls have two max spots?? News to me:rolleyes:

justinnum1
The guy we are all fighting over i honestly believe winning is not as important to him as other things. If you want to take Lebrons word for what it is then he is going to resign with the Cavs.

There is not a doubt im my mind Lebron will sign a 3 year deal with the cavs.

The Jokemaker
Well since we're arguing cities. Why not Memphis? Great basketball town, veryone loves the tigers and if lebron came everyone would really love the Grizzlies. Not to mention the best bbq in the country and all that delicious fried food. City with nightlife and an excellent young team.

Sergio1984
06-21-2010, 04:31 PM
The question was if YOU were a free agent who would you want to play for. Not if you were LEBRON.

I answered completely with no bias. I do not like/dislike any of the cities involved. Fact of the matter is that things like food/weather/women/quality of life/taxes/privacy are all factors when you are going to be living somewhere for the next 5-7 years. Yes it is important who is running your organization, who is your coach, who do you play with.... But off the court decisions are just as big of a factor.

Well if it came down to that of course the people from their respective cities are going to pick their own. If you want to win I believe Chicago has good young pieces to be able to get it done, NY would have to make some big moves to get in that position, Miami has Wade and that's about it. If it's win now then it's the Bulls or Miami, if it's win in the next few years then NY.

kozelkid
i cant wait til this **** is over with so fans can stop trying to sell their teams/city as if it's going to persuade them if they just push really hard on a forum!

No kidding.

Gators123
None of the above. Kwame Brown will resign with Detroit.

oak2455
The Heat because Miami is awesome and there aren't any state income taxes in Florida. New York is very unattractive finically due to the current economic conditions in New York. Miami is a great city.

pass me what your smoking please.......just NY, wow thats interesting:eyebrow:

sean17c
wade is a team killer. beasley couldnt even play with him, why would someone else want too? miami dosnt even have a team right now. and they have hurricans and tornados every weak.

rose and noah>>>>>old wade. who EVERYONE knows is declining

justinnum1
06-21-2010, 04:32 PM
Then.. you ask urself this as a player..

Why not go play for a team that is already better than the others to make it even better than play for a team just to make it better?

Superstars win rings. Wade is a superstar. Rose is not. No one on the bulls is.

BlkProphet79
06-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Regardless, this thread was a bad idea from the start considering everyone here is biased and no doubt it will eventually lead to baiting and likely some infractions and/or bans.

I agree. It was a foregone conclusion that this thread would degenerate into mudslinging. I think everyone here already knows the pros and cons of playing for any of these teams, no need to rehash it here. MODS should close this thread.

rcal10
06-21-2010, 04:33 PM

The bulls can offer the same max contract to james as NY and Miami can. If we are putting Wade on Miami then they have one more max contract, same as Chciago. You are correct, the knicks can offer two max deals, but Bosh has already said he does not want to be second fiddle. So if James goes there they still need another max deal to even be decent. As for coaches, does james want to play for a rookie coach who is a defensive wizard or a coach who doesn;t even consider defense. Guess we shall see. I image Knicks fans will think one way, heat fans another and Bulls fans yet another. But IMO the Bulls offer the best supporting cast.

justinnum1
06-21-2010, 04:34 PM
wade is a team killer. beasley couldnt even play with him, why would someone else want too? miami dosnt even have a team right now. and they have hurricans and tornados every weak.

rose and noah>>>>>old wade. who EVERYONE knows is declining

Wow...Hater.

sean17c

wade is declining. rose is only 21.

and i would take

kobe
lebron
durant
howard
duncan

over wade anyday

xabial
Make sure you know what your talking about before throwing out this kind of misinformation. Not only can mimai sign 2 MAX but if they get rid of beas they can sign 3.

Wades already on the Team Dude. Re-signing Wade doesnt count. That just means you have the same team as last year. No changes to the team In reality if Wade wasnt a Fa, and his contract ran though 2015. Then you only have room for 1 maximum free agent . Correct? And good luck trying to move Beasley for cap space. I dont think any Gm in the NBA wants to see You resign Wade/ 2 other Max's. That team would be straight up Kill ;) Good luck heat fans to a successful offseason. :)

RocketsRule
Personally, I'd choose the Los Angeles Clippers over them all. Great City, team can compete both right now and in the future.

But to answer the question, I'd choose Chicago. It's much like the Clippers in the sense that they will be able to compete for many years to come with great pieces like Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah. Then, the city is also wonderful with a great market and beautiful as well.

Sadds The Gr8
06-21-2010, 04:35 PM

and i would take

kobe
lebron
durant
howard
duncan

over wade anyday

How can you say Wade is declining @ 28, but take Duncan over him who's 7 years older...:eyebrow:

NYK_kidd77
06-21-2010, 04:36 PM
So wait a min... Rose>Wade??

Pierzynski4Prez
06-21-2010, 04:36 PM

I got through 3 pages without replying to anybody yet, but that statement right there shows you have no credibility.

oak2455
06-21-2010, 04:37 PM
new york is weakkkkkkk

Frisco:confused: Home of the rainbow..............

kozelkid
How can you say Wade is declining @ 28, but take Duncan over him who's 7 years older...:eyebrow:

So wait a min... Rose>Wade??

I recommend ignoring him. He says crap like this all the time and just in general gives Bulls fans a bad rep.

justinnum1

and i would take

kobe
lebron
durant
howard
duncan

over wade anyday

:facepalm:

NYK_kidd77
I recommend ignoring him. He says crap like this all the time and just in general gives Bulls fans a bad rep.

K thanks lol.

justinnum1
06-21-2010, 04:38 PM

He's a Bulls homer. Its like talking to a wall.

oak2455
06-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Who started this thread......................:confused:

oak2455
06-21-2010, 04:39 PM
He's a Bulls homer. Its like talking to a wall.

I take wade in a wheel chair over Rose and that ugly bastard:D

kozelkid
06-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Who started this thread......................:confused:

JB... I don't understand how anyone can lack the foresight to see what this thread was obviously going to turn into.
I mean usually when someone makes a thread like this, it's with the intent to bait.

sean17c

because duncan is a better player than wade.

and he has been since wade has came into the league. isnt that simple?

wades numbers fell last year. and he was the number 1 option. how did that happen?

and

duncan
kobe
lebron
howard
durant.. MAKES THEIR TEAMATES BETTER. wade does not do that.

ever rose is better at making it easier for teammates

i would rather have a 21 year old rose than a 28 year old wade. who dosnt even have a consistent jumpshot. he gets all his points from phantom fouls

justinnum1

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

NYK_kidd77
06-21-2010, 04:42 PM
JB... I don't understand how anyone can lack the foresight to see what this thread was obviously going to turn into.
I mean usually when someone makes a thread like this, it's with the intent to bait.

I find myself agreeing with you.

Gators123
lmao

kozelkid
I find myself agreeing with you.

I'm very agreeable. :)

The Jokemaker

wades numbers fell last year. and he was the number 1 option. how did that happen?

and

duncan
kobe
lebron
howard

i would rather have a 21 year old rose than a 28 year old wade. who dosnt even have a consistent jumpshot. he gets all his points from phantom fouls

so are you saying Rose has a more consistent jumpshot than Wade? Now THATS interesting.

Jonathan2323
06-21-2010, 04:43 PM
This thread is going downhill fast

Tony_Starks
06-21-2010, 04:43 PM

co-sign! Not to mention they also probably have the best GM/Coach in the game in Pat Riley.

justinnum1
06-21-2010, 04:44 PM

and

duncan
kobe
lebron
howard

He came into the beginning of the season over weight. Look at his numbers from the second half of the season, right where they should be.

Even when wade was in his slump in the beginning his numbers still were much much better than Rose.

Master Mind

Are you serious, Chicago's crime rate is just as high if not higher...And I agree with the othe guy, Noah's a bit overrated.

97NYer
When did this become a LeBron thread.

JordansBulls

and i would take

kobe
lebron
durant
howard
duncan

over wade anyday

I would take maybe Dwight, Durant or Lebron over Wade now and that is due to age of the other players.

kozelkid
so are you saying Rose has a more consistent jumpshot than Wade? Now THATS interesting.

Well he does have one of the best mid rangers in the game. Just saying... :shrug:

From 10 feet and in (basically, floater range): Derrick Rose shoots the most attempts of any PG, makes the most, and has the best FG%. Outside of Mike Bibby, but that guy's taken 20 of those shots the entire year. He's the best at his position at this. 1st in this area.

From 10-15 feet: Tied with Chris Paul for most makes per game in this area, with Chris Paul shooting a slightly superior 51.5% to Rose's 49.7%. Steve Nash shoots a 55% from this area. So Rose is probably 3rd best in this area.

From 16-23 feet: Derrick Rose leads all PGs in attempts and makes per game (by far), tied for 5th in FG% at 44.0%. Takes 7 a game, makes 3, the only person with similar volume is Paul with 5 attempts at 45.0% FG%. Nash outpaces all other PGs shooting this shot at 46% accuracy. #5 in this area- all the players he's tied with are not nearly as high volume as he is.

http://www.hoopdata.com/shotstats.aspx?team=%25&type=pg&posi=PG&yr=2010&gp=40&mins=25

gocubs2118
06-21-2010, 04:45 PM
The Heat because nobody ever can do what Michael Jordan did in Chicago and Miami has way better weather.

:laugh:

sean17c

actually rose is one of the best midrange shooters in the nba. and he rarely goes to the line.

nikeking711
I would go with Miami without hesitation.

1. Money: Florida has no state income tax so you would make more money playing for the Heat.

2. Teammates: Wade> Rose + Noah. You can have the chance of playing with a top 3 player in the league in Dwyane Wade.

3. Coaching: Pat Riley has hinted a possible comeback.

4. Legacy: Chicago and New York both have deep basketball tradition and you will be under the microscope being compared to Jordan the rest of your career. In Miami, you have the chance to build the team's first dynasty.

5. Weather

After Miami, I would say New York, and then Chicago.

kozelkid
06-21-2010, 04:46 PM
He came into the beginning of the season over weight. Look at his numbers from the second half of the season, right where they should be.

Even when wade was in his slump in the beginning his numbers still were much much better than Rose.

Wade is also in his prime while Rose is a 2nd year player, I fail to see your point. The only person disputing the fact that Wade is a superior player is Seanc17, not to be taken serious.
However, there are many other reasons why Miami may not be a good destination like supporting cast, size of fanbase/market and egos. Like all these teams, each has its share of pros and cons. Trying to discuss this amongst biased fans from different teams was stupid from the get go.

Are you serious, Chicago's crime rate is just as high if not higher...And I agree with the othe guy, Noah's a bit overrated.

You really missed his point.

Ethix11
06-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Miami. They have Wade plus enough money to build a better roster than Chicago.

Ovratd1up
06-21-2010, 04:50 PM
If I'm going to sign with NY or Miami, then I have to have a LOT of trust in their FO that they will put a team around two superstars. Chicago has a good team already with players to facilitate my job while I also still get to be top dog.

And it also depends a lot on how much you care about weather, etc. If I can get a promise that I will get adequate help around me and another guy, then I would strongly consider NY or Miami.

I love New York, probably a little more than Chicago, but I have an opinion that you can't really win in New York because of their lack of defense. And I would love playing beside Wade in Miami while being in the beautiful weather, beaches, etc. Though I would still rather be in Chicago and New York. I think they are three of the best cities to live that have an NBA team, with MIA ranking a little lower, but still awesome.

So I would probably go to Chicago unless I am convinced that I will get championship quality help around me and Wade, and then I would go to Miami. Sorry New York, but I feel like whoever goes there will be viewed as a sellout, going only for money and publicity.

More specifically, if I am Lebron, I think I go to Chicago. I want to win now and I see that they have players that share my desire and actually have the ability to.

If I am Bosh and Lebron goes to Chicago, then I would go to Miami and form a rivalry. I don't think Bosh wants to take a back seat in a three-some also.
If Lebron goes to New York, Obviously I follow him.
If Lebron stays, then I have a decision to make. Do I want to go to Chicago where I have good players that have a decent shot of winning, and I can pair with Rose and have Noah to do my dirty work? Or do I go to Miami, where I'm not top dog with Wade there, but again it's ****ing Wade. I still get all the points and rebounds I want, and I can form a very, very potent duo. It's close, but I think I choose Miami and Wade.

_Supreme_
06-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Nice thread, all the Bulls fans come in to vote Chicago, all the Knicks fans vote Knicks, and the HEAT fans + some other people vote Miami (I don't think we have 20+ HEAT fans around) :rolleyes:

Swift n Sil3nt
06-21-2010, 04:52 PM
I am a Knicks fan and I will agree with the critics that the Bulls have a better team on paper. The Knicks dont have the superstar like Derrick Rose. But is Derrick Rose really a superstar. Everyone says that Bosh or Johnson dont deserve max contracts because they dont make their teammates better and they cant take over the games. Why can we classify Rose as a superstar then? I didnt see him will the Bulls to victory in the Cavaliers series, not like Dwayne Wade did against the Celtics. Thats the difference between the two players. One has that ability, the other I regard more as a great PG who needs someone else. Derrick Rose has the driving ability but he doesnt have the jumpshot or the killer instinct.

Again, I am not saying the Knicks are the best team or even have the top talent. They dont. I just think everyone is bashing on the Knicks because they hate them, and I think Knicks fans are overrating their team and their chances of landing Lebron. I think the Bulls fans are correct on a lot of their points, but the value they place with Deng and Hinrich as well as the assessment of Rose and Noah is surprising to say the least.

Just my 2 cents

97NYer
Chicago: Rose is OVERRATED. He's a good player but he's stupid, he's not going to get much better. Noah is one of the worst offensive players I've ever seen and his defense and rebounding are blown way out of proportion buy Bulls fans. Deng and Hinrich have terrible contracts. Gibson is a good role player.

NY: Wilson Chandler is a pre-prime slasher. Very athletic with a developing jumper (which he settles for too often) and good defense. Gallinari is already a very good player, with a deadly 3-point shot, great size, underrated defensive abilities, and passion, so much passion. TD is a young combo guard who I'm not too high on but many Knicks fans are. Eddy Curry has proven before that he is a very talented post-player and an efficient scorer, however he is not a shotblocker or rebounder, uninspiring for a 7-footer.

kozelkid
Nice thread, all the Bulls fans come in to vote Chicago, all the Knicks fans vote Knicks, and the HEAT fans + some other people vote Miami (I don't think we have 20+ HEAT fans around) :rolleyes:

Totally, especially when non Bulls fans have said they like the Bulls as well. :rolleyes:
Whatever floats your boat though.
In the end of the day, who gives a **** what a bunch of randoom forum posters think.

JordansBulls
06-21-2010, 04:53 PM
:laugh:

What is funny about that?

Ovratd1up
06-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Wait a minute... Roe vs. Wade?

sean17c
06-21-2010, 04:54 PM
I am a Knicks fan and I will agree with the critics that the Bulls have a better team on paper. The Knicks dont have the superstar like Derrick Rose. But is Derrick Rose really a superstar. Everyone says that Bosh or Johnson dont deserve max contracts because they dont make their teammates better and they cant take over the games. Why can we classify Rose as a superstar then? I didnt see him will the Bulls to victory in the Cavaliers series, not like Dwayne Wade did against the Celtics. Thats the difference between the two players. One has that ability, the other I regard more as a great PG who needs someone else. Derrick Rose has the driving ability but he doesnt have the jumpshot or the killer instinct.

Again, I am not saying the Knicks are the best team or even have the top talent. They dont. I just think everyone is bashing on the Knicks because they hate them, and I think Knicks fans are overrating their team and their chances of landing Lebron. I think the Bulls fans are correct on a lot of their points, but the value they place with Deng and Hinrich as well as the assessment of Rose and Noah is surprising to say the least.

Just my 2 cents

rose did take over the games. did you watch the playoffs? why do you think lebron started sticking defense against him.

rose is a problem

kozelkid
06-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Wait a minute... Roe vs. Wade?

:laugh2:

sean17c
06-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Chicago: Rose is OVERRATED. He's a good player but he's stupid, he's not going to get much better. Noah is one of the worst offensive players I've ever seen and his defense and rebounding are blown way out of proportion buy Bulls fans. Deng and Hinrich have terrible contracts. Gibson is a good role player.

NY: Wilson Chandler is a pre-prime slasher. Very athletic with a developing jumper (which he settles for too often) and good defense. Gallinari is already a very good player, with a deadly 3-point shot, great size, underrated defensive abilities, and passion, so much passion. TD is a young combo guard who I'm not too high on but many Knicks fans are. Eddy Curry has proven before that he is a very talented post-player and an efficient scorer, however he is not a shotblocker or rebounder, uninspiring for a 7-footer.

so how come the knicks didnt even come close to making the playoffs???

all the bulls players are overrated lmao

gocubs2118
06-21-2010, 04:57 PM

Did you really call Rose stupid?

knickerbockerny
06-21-2010, 04:58 PM
If Lebron honestly wants the best chance to win NOW, he would go to the LA Clippers, they have a far superior roster than all of the other teams that could afford a max and that is including the Chicago Bulls, who barely snuck into the playoffs with a .500 record. The clips basically called this season a wash because of injuries. The way the Bulls' roster is being talked about you would think they were at least a 4th seed in the east.

The Clippers starting line-up is better than the Bull's position by position and the pg position is debatable, a healthy and motivated Baron Davis can put a team on is back.

Now if I am looking for a long lasting legacy I am going to play for the Knicks. Only one Knicks championship one catapult Lebron to a whole different stratosphere. The New York Ranger's 1994 championship still gets talked about as if the Rangers one the NHL championship a few years ago. Messier is revere as a god in New York, so is Richter and so is Leech.

Plus I see the Knicks being 2 years away at best. The roster is blank, with only 4 contracts. A lot the entire roster can change between now and draft night, with an owner with deep pockets who is willing to shelve out a couple of millions to add a couple late first rounders.

Lord Leoshes
06-21-2010, 04:58 PM
Miami all the way.

1-Miami has already the 2nd/3rd best player in the league all wrapped up. (Wade)
2-Miami has great whether during the NBA season, that you don't have to freeze every time you go out, or have to go to practice.
3-Free agents will always make more money in Miami do to the state tax.
4-Miami, with D Wade give you the best shot at winning a championship.
5-Miami can easily clear enough cap for not only 2 max players but 3.
6-Miami is a 1st class organization, that has not only bin successful for over 20 years, but has had GM stability all thru, witch NY, or CHI can not say.
7-Miami can always put a hall of fame coach to coach the team while, NY, & CHI cant. (Pat Riley)
8-If you going to make money in endorsements, best way is to win (which Miami gives the best chance at that) & with 1 of the best players already on the team (Wade) they will always get part of Wade Endorsements, just like Paul Gasol did when he got to the Lakers.
9- this is more petty but since it is mostly hot in Miami all the hot girls wear the least amount of close possible most of the year, while in CHI/NY they have so many layers of closing that you cant tell if they are slim, or fat.:facepalm:
10- & the most important reason to go to Miami is cause I SAY SO!!!;)

kozelkid
06-21-2010, 04:59 PM
Did you really call Rose stupid?

To be fair, he couldn't pass the SAT.
However, I don't think he's much dumber than any other NBA player.

NYMetros
actually rose is one of the best midrange shooters in the nba. and he rarely goes to the line.

Kirk Hinrich has a better midrange FG% than Rose. Is Kirk Hinrich also one of the best midrange shooters in the NBA?

justinnum1

Just my 2 cents

Derrick Rose is not a superstar...Please people. He is not even an all-star. Only reason he was chosen was because of injuries to real all-stars.

Ovratd1up

You will find yourselves reconsidering not too long from now.

sean17c
06-21-2010, 05:00 PM
wade is a ballhog. if he could not play with a talent like beasly then how could he play with someone else?

and can you picture rose and lebron on offense...!!! GOOD NIGHT. im gone

Master Mind

and

duncan
kobe
lebron
howard

Whoa did Wade hurt your feelings lol...I'm not gonna even waste my time arguing with this feces, its clear you don't like Wade...

justinnum1
Kirk Hinrich has a better midrange FG% than Rose. Is Kirk Hinrich also one of the best midrange shooters in the NBA?

:laugh2:

justinnum1
06-21-2010, 05:01 PM
wade is a ballhog. if he could not play with a talent like beasly then how could he play with someone else?

Are you serious? Wade can play amazing off the ball(Olympics). When Rose doesn't have the ball in hands he is useless.

kozelkid

Well he doesn't.
I actually posted the link for you.
http://www.hoopdata.com/shotstats.aspx?team=%25&type=pg&posi=PG&yr=2010&gp=40&mins=25

gocubs2118
To be fair, he couldn't pass the SAT.
However, I don't think he's much dumber than any other NBA player.

OK? What does taking the SAT have anything to do with being a basketball player?

kozelkid
06-21-2010, 05:12 PM
OK? What does taking the SAT have anything to do with being a basketball player?

Nothing, and I'm not saying his statement is credible in anyway.
Just saying Rose is dumb compared to the average person, and so is the majority of the NBA.

Gators123
06-21-2010, 05:20 PM
I take it the site couldn't handle all of the post? lol

Swift n Sil3nt
06-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Derrick Rose is not a superstar...Please people. He is not even an all-star. Only reason he was chosen was because of injuries to real all-stars.

And thats the point I was trying to make. People anoint him superstar status but theres no reason for that.

In my opinion superstar status is reserved for Kobe Bryant, Chris Paul, Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, Dwight Howard, Dwayne Wade, Tim Duncan, Kevin Durant, and the likes, not Derrick Rose.

Lord Leoshes
06-21-2010, 05:31 PM

Wade is a ball hog?
But for some reason averages more ast pg then Rose with worse offensive talent surrounding him. :facepalm:

Lord Leoshes
06-21-2010, 05:35 PM
Whoa did Wade hurt your feelings lol...I'm not gonna even waste my time arguing with this feces, its clear you don't like Wade...

Wade is the best passing SG in the league, won a championship with him being the go to guy, & is a better PG them most PG in the NBA so ignore people that are total homers, cause they will never agree to anything.

mikedesi1004
06-21-2010, 05:39 PM
i hate these type of threads. Just a bunch of people hating on new york.

justinnum1
06-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Keep it up Bulls homers. They just like hating on Wade because he brought up the loyalty thing.
But seriously this Rose>Wade **** has to stop. When Rose wins a ring, we can have that discussion. Until then stop it, Every non bulls homer can see clear as day Rose is nowhere near wade and prob never will be.

Hoopsadvocate
06-21-2010, 05:48 PM
Okay trying to be as non biased as possible lets see...

Miami:

Money- No state taxes(THIS IS underrated) the % of the millions they make will be theres to keep while if they go to chicago or NY they will be losing out on millions EACH YEAR!!.

Teammates - A proven finals mvp, scoring champ, olympic gold metal winner, top 5 player in the NBA. Besides that there is just one other good player who has his ups and downs Michael Beasley. But wait they have about 10 mil to add another player after they give me a max contract? OH and they could trade away Michael beasley to add a THIRD Max contract player!! WOW thats a pretty convincing team nucleus. But there is the problem of depth (but is that really that big a deal when u have 3 high rated all stars)

Franchise - Stable front office with a proven winner (pat riley) leading the way. History of competing and establishing good teams and known for establishing a winning mentality.

Location - Great place to live (weather, nightlife, things to do), the media is fair, the fans maybe fair weather but with the roster capable of being put together that weather sounds pretty good.

Chicago:

Money - Can offer me the Max but damn now that i heard about that no taxes stuff i realize i could be missing out on millions.

Teammates - All star pg whos only getting better and runs the offense well making my job easier. A young big man who also has room to grow in Noah. A lot of depth at the other positions. Out of the three the best depth but not the best player.

Franchise - A great history of basketball. Media is pretty big might be a lot of pressure to live up to expectations of the past. Front office isnt as stable, new coach in place first time being head coach, id be a little skeptic.

Location - Beautiful city lots to do as well the winters can be pretty harsh but that wont be too bad. Travel wont be as bad because we are in the middle of the country.

New York

Money - Can offer me the max but again damn state taxes make me feel like i could actully get more somwhere else.

Teammates - young unproven talent (as far as playoffs go) But that can change as they have cap flexibility and could even add another max talent to play along side me.

Franchise - Another great basketball history city. Would be great to rejuvenate it. Front office has some red flags especially in the recent past id tred cautiously. But they do have a great coach who players love im guessing i would to and its a system i can flourish in.

Location - Breath taking city nothing like it. there are beaches in a lot of places but some locations in NY are indescribable. Would love the attention i get here but it could also be a bad thing if i dont perform to expectations the media is know for being harsh. Overall a city id love to live in.

Overall :

Most Money -Miami
Best potential teammates - Miami
Greater depth - Chicago
Best attention -NY
Greatest chance of winning - Miami/Chicago

Miami 3/5
Chicago 2/5
NY 1/5

kozelkid
06-21-2010, 05:51 PM
Keep it up Bulls homers. They just like hating on Wade because he brought up the loyalty thing.
But seriously this Rose>Wade **** has to stop. When Rose wins a ring, we can have that discussion. Until then stop it, Every non bulls homer can see clear as day Rose is nowhere near wade and prob never will be.

See, I keep seeing you call other people homers, and it absolutely makes no sense coming from you.

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
06-21-2010, 05:54 PM
It's pretty silly for people to compare the cities of New York, Miami and Chicago to one another. Each is huge, has great pedigree, more clubs and nightlife than one could ever get to, arts and entertainment, business - whatever. Food? Please. There's good food here in *Naperville* for crying out loud.

These three cities have so much to such excess that, to me, they cancel each other out from being huge factors.

If it doesn't come down to current players, which will shake out more after the draft, then I would guess it would come down to feel for which organization has the best laid plans - a combination of present and future.

For instance, one of the Knicks fans brought up a good point about Eddy Curry's contract expiring (thank goodness - I'm a Bulls fan, can't stand but have always respected the Knicks, and even I feel bad about that whole thing). There's no reason why James might not be intrigued by himself and another max free agent now and then a third when Curry rolls, literally, out. Three max players will attract excellent role players - just ask Boston.

I think the Bulls are in good position because they already have much of their puzzle set in place and the personnel moves may be easier for them to click off their to do list simply because they don't have to make as many. One max free agent could feel pretty comfortable going there and knowing that his addition alone elevates the team. He wouldn't have to worry about so many other moving parts coming to fruition.

I don't know much about Miami but certainly the pedigree and presence of Riley can not be underestimated.

I don't think the actual cities themselves will matter. All three are an excess of riches if you ask me.

Very well said.

For Lebron, I think it will come down to three things:
1. Can he bring Bosh along with him to New York?
2. Would he have a problem going to "Wade's" city?
3. What can/what does Lebron think the Knicks can get for Eddy Curry's contract?

Right now I think these are the major deciding factors. If all are no, he's going to Chicago. If he wouldn't mind playing alongside Wade in his city, he'll go to Miami. If he can bring Bosh/Stat to New York and have the potential for a third solid player, he goes to NY.

Swift n Sil3nt
06-21-2010, 05:55 PM
This just in: everyone thinks Lebron is going to their favorite teams.

DaBUU
06-21-2010, 05:57 PM

as profound as you want to sound, Bulls already have a max player on the roster along with Noah who is going to make 10-12+ Mil a year do to his production. So you go fill it out

Swift n Sil3nt
06-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Very well said.

For Lebron, I think it will come down to three things:
1. Can he bring Bosh along with him to New York?
2. Would he have a problem going to "Wade's" city?
3. What can/what does Lebron think the Knicks can get for Eddy Curry's contract?

Right now I think these are the major deciding factors. If all are no, he's going to Chicago. If he wouldn't mind playing alongside Wade in his city, he'll go to Miami. If he can bring Bosh/Stat to New York and have the potential for a third solid player, he goes to NY.

Question 1: If Lebron goes to Knicks, Bosh follows
Question 2: Unlike New York who doesnt have the city named after one particular person for basketball purposes, Miami will be Wade's city just as Chicago will be Jordans. I dont think this is really that big of a deciding factor
Question 3: I think they can get great value for Curry, but i think the best value is to let him expire unless they get okafur and collison. Truth is they need a Center and maybe a point guard. Melo and Paul are available next offseason, but they need a center first and not many of those around.

SpectrumDweller
06-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Chicago is number 1 on the list simply because of their roster. The Bulls already have great young talent with Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah, Luol Deng, and Taj Gibson. They also still have Kirk Hinrich who is a proven commodity.

Miami is number 2 because of Dwyane Wade. He is the only superstar on any of these three teams. Wade + a marquee free agent is a solid core for an nba championship caliber team. Only problem is that the roster lacks talent after that. Mario Chalmers and Michael Beasley have proven to be inconsistent and Jermain O'Neal and Udonis Haslem are free agents.

New York is 3rd because their roster has very little proven talent and the pressure to succeed would be too great for any one player. The Knicks are multiple pieces from being a serious contender in the league and while they do have some young talent (Galinari, Chandler, Toney Douglas) that is hardly the start of something huge. Even with Bosh and LeBron, this team would not be a top three team in the playoffs and probably would only be a five or six.

justinnum1
06-21-2010, 06:06 PM
See, I keep seeing you call other people homers, and it absolutely makes no sense coming from you.

When bulls fans continually say Rose is the better player than Wade, there is something wrong there.

When someone is arguing with their opinion instead of facts they are a homer.

Sergio1984
06-21-2010, 06:08 PM

Yes I am serious, Miami ranks a hell of a lot higher than Chicago. Check it out.

BTW, as Kozel pointed out, you missed the WHOLE point.

DR. Pepper
06-21-2010, 06:09 PM
heat no contest.. the idea of playing with wade would make me feel pretty safe about winning a ring

zambo4president
06-21-2010, 06:11 PM
Chicago because your gonna win and it's the nicest city with a huge fan base.

kozelkid
06-21-2010, 06:11 PM
When bulls fans continually say Rose is the better player than Wade, there is something wrong there.

When someone is arguing with their opinion instead of facts they are a homer.

People, fans?
I'm pretty sure ONE person said it, but as your past history suggests you are one who likes to bait so you putting words in other peoples' mouths is hardly surprising.

Muttman73
06-21-2010, 06:20 PM
I just hope it's Chicago

Da Knicks
06-21-2010, 06:26 PM
I guess ill join the tug a war New York young guys in lethal scorer gallo, slasher chandler, young point guard douglas, young shooter walker, big expiring in eddy curry room for two max players. Im sure a bunch of vets wouldnt sign for vet min to play on this team huh...

RadiantShot
06-21-2010, 06:27 PM
I'm going with..The Miami Heat. Don't get me wrong, Joakim Noah and Derrick Rose are a piece away..But I think pairing up with Dwyane Wade and Pat Riley as a player-coach scenario is a lot better...Knicks to me aren't even on the chart. Like I said in a previous thread, I think New York is doomed for a while to be completely honest. I think if I was say...LeBron James, or Joe Johnson, maybe even Amar'e, I pair up with Dwyane Wade over Joakim and Derrick. Miami already has the experience and grit to win a title, but they need a few extra pieces, and free-agents are more prone to go there.

BullsFTW
06-21-2010, 06:31 PM

Here we go again with the weather....

I say....

Talented Roster, Respected Coach, Great Tradition & Fans > Weather

Obviously I pick the BULLS....

oregonbronco
06-21-2010, 06:36 PM
MIAMI weather>>>>>>>Ny or Chicago's

oregonbronco
06-21-2010, 06:38 PM
Here we go again with the weather....

I say....

Talented Roster, Respected Coach, Great Tradition & Fans > Weather

Obviously I pick the BULLS....

I know Riley's not the coach but he is involved and very respected

calibird707
06-21-2010, 06:52 PM
What is the point in arguing this...its either cle or ny...lbj has been flirting with ny for years..this chi crap didn't even pop up until ny hater broussard put it out there..the knicks r about to come up..d-rose is nice..other than him there is not one all-star caliber player on chi..and please don't come at me with noah..bron and bosh to ny..and what u knick haters fail to realize is they can and will add parts around those two and by that time lebron will be at his absolute best

oak2455
06-21-2010, 07:06 PM
MIAMI weather>>>>>>>Ny or Chicago's

you ever been to south beach a lot has changed a lot..... Used to go a lot nicer now its just a lot of thugs, but some ppl like that:eyebrow: Where did Tiger Woods stay to hide hmmmmm it was New York In the Hamptons at James Dolans place btw New York is soooooo much nicer than any of the three:clap: Sorry you can look that up:D

_KB24_
06-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Lets see, they're all great citys. So that's a : PLUS
They're all in the Eastern Conference, which is still easier to play in: PLUS
They all have existing pieces/cap room that guarantees them serviceable players: PLUS

They're all great choices IMO, and the FA will have IMO an equal shot at being a contender in all the places. If your a big man/shooter, I guess Chicago seems like the best place for you. I still don't see how a Rose will live beside a Wade/Lebron. And if your NY and MIA, they're both potentially going to woo in ateast 2 MAX FA, and still have money left over for other pieces. I really think they're even in the playing field, and if their is an advantage, it's the slightest one to Chicago.

oak2455
06-21-2010, 07:10 PM
so how come the knicks didnt even come close to making the playoffs???

all the bulls players are overrated lmao

This is because the Bulls just cruised all year long they were the 1st 2nd no 3rd seed no they were the 8th seed in the east and yes we all no someone was hurt for 10 games big fuccccckin deal thats sports :eyebrow: Knicks didnt even have a full roster cant wait til July 1st then we'll see who's going where then we can have the crying thread:cry:

JordansBulls
06-21-2010, 07:52 PM
heat no contest.. the idea of playing with wade would make me feel pretty safe about winning a ring

Yes, but it wouldn't be there team.

NYK_kidd77
06-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Lets see, they're all great citys. So that's a : PLUS
They're all in the Eastern Conference, which is still easier to play in: PLUS
They all have existing pieces/cap room that guarantees them serviceable players: PLUS

They're all great choices IMO, and the FA will have IMO an equal shot at being a contender in all the places. If your a big man/shooter, I guess Chicago seems like the best place for you. I still don't see how a Rose will live beside a Wade/Lebron. And if your NY and MIA, they're both potentially going to woo in ateast 2 MAX FA, and still have money left over for other pieces. I really think they're even in the playing field, and if their is an advantage, it's the slightest one to Chicago.

I applaud you sir for the very first unbiased post :clap:

DodgerBulls
06-21-2010, 08:15 PM

Not yet, so bench is not important at all? As I recall, the c lost yet.. they have 3. Role players.. you need them.

JordansBulls
06-21-2010, 09:59 PM

Rose is a 2nd option.

29$JerZ
06-21-2010, 10:23 PM
This is such a biased thread

He'll go to where ever he wants to go, regardless of winning/money/etc

To answer the thread I'd want to win in a city that doesn't have a legend still reigning over it.

WashHeightsO
06-21-2010, 10:38 PM
NY capital of the world!!!!!!

dbeastly
06-21-2010, 10:41 PM

and i would take

kobe
lebron
durant
howard
duncan

over wade anyday

Then you, my friend, are a ********ng idiot.

Duncan:facepalm:

Pauleboman
06-21-2010, 10:43 PM
Chicago Bulls would be 1st on the list..They have a good team already with winning attitudes.I would buy the penthouse at Aqua..Then for winter go to Hawaii!We do have oak street beach in the summer and the view and weather is great..

New York Knicks second because I like it its almost like Chicago.Statue of Liberty and the fans are good..

Miami last cause the fans are not there and just not me?They are not loyal to players either..

hotpotato1092
06-21-2010, 10:47 PM
The Knicks, and here's why:

If you play in Chicago, no matter how good you are, you'll never be Michael Jordan. You'll have to walk past the statue of his airness every time you come to the stadium, you'll be compared to him every night, and ultimately you will not be the player he was. If you're LeBron James, do you really want to be known as just the guy who followed Jordan?

If you sign with the Heat, assuming Wade resigns, you'll be a second fiddle. I live in Miami, I know these fans, Wade is their king and they'll follow him to the ends of the earth. If LeBron signs, Wade will get the credit when they win and LeBron will take the fall when they lose. This is Wade county, why would another free agent want to play second fiddle?

Winning in New York is unlike anything in sports. If LeBron were to save basketball in New York, even by winning just ONE championship, he'd be immortal. We remember Willis Reed not because he played hurt in game 7, but because he play hurt in game 7 in New York. Since then basketball in the mecca has slowly started dying, which is a shame because as anyone who has been to a Knicks game can attest, the garden is AWESOME. Basketball is the only sport that truly unites New York, because of the Jets-Giants and Yankees-Mets divides (there are exceptions, when the Giants won the '08 Super Bowl the entire city went nuts, jets fans dropped their flags and everyone was just thrilled the Pats lost). If you lead the Knicks to a title, you are a god in New York, now and forever. We never forgot Willis Reed, Clyde Frasier and the rest of those 70's title teams and we'd never forget LeBron. Legends in other cities slowly fade, but New York legends are immortal. That's why LeBron needs to choose New York. That's why any max free agent needs to choose New York.

dbeastly
06-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Wade is also in his prime while Rose is a 2nd year player, I fail to see your point. The only person disputing the fact that Wade is a superior player is Seanc17, not to be taken serious.
However, there are many other reasons why Miami may not be a good destination like supporting cast, size of fanbase/market and egos. Like all these teams, each has its share of pros and cons. Trying to discuss this amongst biased fans from different teams was stupid from the get go.

You really missed his point.

I fail to understand how anyone even thinks Rose will ever be a superstar. he will always be good but not great. He doesn't have a jumpshot from more than 15 feet and he isn't a good passer. Please just wait till Wade gets a cast and watch what he does to the rest of the league. Rose will never be on his level.

D1JM
06-21-2010, 11:05 PM
Deep dish pizza

sean17c
06-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Then you, my friend, are a ********ng idiot.

Duncan:facepalm:

so duncan isnt better than wade???

duncan is top ten ALL TIME.

u are a idiot

Pauleboman
06-21-2010, 11:11 PM
I fail to understand how anyone even thinks Rose will ever be a superstar. he will always be good but not great. He doesn't have a jumpshot from more than 15 feet and he isn't a good passer. Please just wait till Wade gets a cast and watch what he does to the rest of the league. Rose will never be on his level.

I am glad you have Beasly to root for and we have a future superstar in Derrick Rose..
Never say never cause it could happen sooner than you think..

Team*Chicago
06-21-2010, 11:13 PM
I say Bull because Chicago looks better than Miami and New York combined.

I'm surprised that many people voted for Bulls, I though the Heat or Knicks was going to take the lead in the polls.

D1JM
06-21-2010, 11:14 PM
The Knicks, and here's why:

If you play in Chicago, no matter how good you are, you'll never be Michael Jordan. You'll have to walk past the statue of his airness every time you come to the stadium, you'll be compared to him every night, and ultimately you will not be the player he was. If you're LeBron James, do you really want to be known as just the guy who followed Jordan?

If you sign with the Heat, assuming Wade resigns, you'll be a second fiddle. I live in Miami, I know these fans, Wade is their king and they'll follow him to the ends of the earth. If LeBron signs, Wade will get the credit when they win and LeBron will take the fall when they lose. This is Wade county, why would another free agent want to play second fiddle?

Winning in New York is unlike anything in sports. If LeBron were to save basketball in New York, even by winning just ONE championship, he'd be immortal. We remember Willis Reed not because he played hurt in game 7, but because he play hurt in game 7 in New York. Since then basketball in the mecca has slowly started dying, which is a shame because as anyone who has been to a Knicks game can attest, the garden is AWESOME. Basketball is the only sport that truly unites New York, because of the Jets-Giants and Yankees-Mets divides (there are exceptions, when the Giants won the '08 Super Bowl the entire city went nuts, jets fans dropped their flags and everyone was just thrilled the Pats lost). If you lead the Knicks to a title, you are a god in New York, now and forever. We never forgot Willis Reed, Clyde Frasier and the rest of those 70's title teams and we'd never forget LeBron. Legends in other cities slowly fade, but New York legends are immortal. That's why LeBron needs to choose New York. That's why any max free agent needs to choose New York.

so chicago will forget jordan? of course you guys immortalize those guys cuz those have been your only championships.

LTBaByyy
06-21-2010, 11:18 PM
To Win= Chicago
For the City, and To Have the King Status w/ no shadow= NY
To have a pippen caliber sidekick(Wade)= Def Miami

SeoulBeatz
06-21-2010, 11:21 PM
For the beautiful weather, clubs, and women- Miami

For the legacy- New York

To win now- Chicago.

simple as that.

kntresistheheat
06-21-2010, 11:25 PM
I would have to say Miami, Chicago, Ny.

Miami- You have a chance to play with one of the top 3 player in the NBA a guy that would will your team to win, a HOF coach/VP. Beautiful weather and woman...The night life!!

Chicago- They have the young core of good players that can develope to be great players one day...Rose is there already. To play in a sell out areana every day (Great fans). Nice city in the summer time...and to play where a legend build that arena(No Pressure Lebron..lol)

NY- Great fans, Awsome city,The mecca of basketball...I guess???

oak2455
06-21-2010, 11:27 PM
so duncan isnt better than wade???

duncan is top ten ALL TIME.

u are a idiot

WADE IS BETTER RIGHT NOW, I HOPE U DONT THINK DUNCAN IS:facepalm:

Swift n Sil3nt
06-21-2010, 11:27 PM
I think every pick has been a homer pick so far. Its quite hilarious. I have not seen one Knick fan say anything good about Chicago or vice versa. Its humorous how we all think we know.

And to be honest, im sick of the nightlife crap. You think Lebron is going to have trouble finding a babe?

9GRAVES9
06-21-2010, 11:47 PM
it's amazing how people love to hate on NY. there's going to be a lot of angry haters come july 1st, can't see how mia,chi,cleveland have any shot over NY.

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
06-21-2010, 11:48 PM
I think I have proven I can be unbiased. I can honestly say that if I were Lebron James, I would pick the New York Knicks as long as Chris Bosh was following me. If Lebron comes to the Knicks and revitalizes a franchise that was the joke of the NBA for so long, that will do so much more for his legacy IMO then going to Miami to join Wade's team or going to Chicago with very high standards. Also, I think with Lebron and Bosh and all their flexibility, the Knicks have the potential for the best roster. Chicago cannot bring in a second "star" to accompany Lebron. Miami definitely can, but I'm not so sure, if I was Lebron, how I would feel about sharing the spotlight.

justinnum1
06-21-2010, 11:56 PM
it's amazing how people love to hate on NY. there's going to be a lot of angry haters come july 1st, can't see how mia,chi,cleveland have any shot over NY.

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
06-21-2010, 11:59 PM

This is exactly why people hate us.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-22-2010, 12:02 AM
I wanna vomit at the massive amounts of homers in this thread

Giants-49ers-Ws
06-22-2010, 12:04 AM
tough one there all great options...but even a better one..the Bay Area!

Come play in Oakland and live across the bay in San Francisco where the team will be moved in a few years anyways...

we provide great weather, nightlife, restaurants
the best fans in the nba
a phenominal young stud in stephen curry to play with another very good guard in monta ellis, up and coming studs anthony randolph/brandan wright and who ever our next lottery draft pick is
we'll soon have the 4th richest man in the world, larry ellison as the owner

what is their not to like? make the warriors the new nba and california powerhouse

Giannis94
06-22-2010, 12:05 AM
You guys are so stupid. Clearly the Bucks

blastmasta26
06-22-2010, 12:18 AM
I'll try not to be a homer here:

Nightlife, women, all that is irrelevant in my opinion. You can get that regardless of where you play, there is a whole offseason for that as well.

Chicago has a potential star player in D-Rose, a nice hustle big man in Noah, and a solid player in Deng. One max to fill in the holes.

Miami has D-Wade plus young guys in Beasley, Chalmers, and Cook and room for a max.

NY has good young pieces in Chandler, Galinari, and TD plus two maxes.

A marquee FA will not go to NY unless another comes with them. Anybody would like to go to Miami to pair with Wade and the same thing with Chicago and Rose. Chicago offers best chance to win since Miami and NY will have weak benches around their two stars. However, NY is good for those who care about legacy and recognition.

Chicago or NY (if another star came as well) would be my choice.

xbrackattackx
06-22-2010, 12:25 AM

You just "lol'd" D-wade, He is greater then D-rose and Noah. I pick D-Wade 10 outta 10 times over those two. And he's a proven Champion.

But I don't think Lebron is going to Miami, I think it will be Bosh/Amare.

Lebron will be in New York or Chicago. Cleveland will keep him if they can trade for Jamison and CO. for Bosh.

Rex-Raptorz
06-22-2010, 12:29 AM
none .... clippers have the best chance of dominating if they get 2 superstars : amare-lebron or bosh - lebron or boozer- johnson or johnson-amare there the best team in the west sorry laker fans but with eric gordon, BD and blake'' the great '' and whomever they draft that team is guaranteed at least 62 wins or dare i say even more ..... plus the weather is amazing :) :cheers:

hizpcstr
06-22-2010, 12:32 AM
I think every pick has been a homer pick so far. Its quite hilarious. I have not seen one Knick fan say anything good about Chicago or vice versa. Its humorous how we all think we know.

And to be honest, im sick of the nightlife crap. You think Lebron is going to have trouble finding a babe?

I am tired of the crime rate crap. Like Lebron is going to live in the ghetto parts of Chicago, New York, or Miami.

LA_Raiders
06-22-2010, 12:34 AM
Miami, no question, city is great and great coach in pat if he returns...

Giants-49ers-Ws
06-22-2010, 12:39 AM
^ that's a good point about the coaching..if theres going to be 2 superstars somewhere pat riley would definitely be able to handle them well

harm0n1x
06-22-2010, 12:48 AM
i'm really sick of these people talking about getting all thest top free agents to sign with a team to make their franchise better (I.E. new york, chicago, etc). this may be homer, but i'm a sports fan rariety, in which i root for teams from both pittsburgh, and cleveland. i've witnessed greatness with the steelers, but also witnessed disappointment after disappointment with cleveland teams. so why continue to give teams who've already tasted success even more glory? in a league where you have a small percentage of teams with all the rings, and a large percentage of teams with nothing. why would you want to better that small percent and leave the starving franchises even more hungry? if you want to make the NBA better, have a couple superstars sign with teams like cleveland, like the clippers, like atlanta, like milwaukee, etc.. i'm disgusted at the fact that two teams own over half of the the NBA's total championships. give light to teams who deserve it. or maybe i'm just crazy?

harm0n1x
06-22-2010, 12:50 AM
and how about a "none of the above" option..

The Jokemaker
06-22-2010, 12:50 AM
I agree with you harmonix but in defense of New York, the Knicks don't exactly have a long list of championships they've won.

mrblisterdundee
06-22-2010, 12:52 AM
The Bulls would be the greatest compliment to a top tier free agent like LeBron James, Dwayne Wade or Chris Bosh. Derrick Rose doesn't need to dominate, and is great at defending back courts. Wade would make the best back court in the NBA, with a young but talented front court to help.
The Heat are a pretty good bet, if wade stays. The lack of a good point guard is their biggest weakness. They need to spend the money on one to be truly relevant, even with another free agent.
The Knicks are so unstable that no free agent can confidently go in their, unless they know of about all the free agents that New York is close to signing. Why not go to a stable team, where you can still reach the world's media market through the internet? There's not enough need to move to the Knicks. It's basically LeBron, Wade or bust.

harm0n1x
06-22-2010, 12:54 AM
I agree with you harmonix but in defense of New York, the Knicks don't exactly have a long list of championships they've won.

i'm not hating at all dude, it's just the whole "mecca of basketball" thing if ya get me

thedfactor
06-22-2010, 12:56 AM
The Knicks, despite their poor decade of basketball, it's still a great place to play

LivinLakers
06-22-2010, 01:14 AM
If I had my choice of any city it would have the be LA. But if they aren't buyin, then all of the remaining three have pluses. NY is the home of basketball, plus they have the best fan base and the best ability to continue to make themselve competitive (won't see any cost cutting measures from the Nicks, unless it is to land a big FA). But Southbeach is bangin, best climate by far. I love Miami in the Summer time. They have another talented player that will keep teams from doubling; however after that they are pretty devoid of talent and pieces to contend. The most talent is Chicago, but also a pretty crummy climate (I hate the cold, dry winds). They could get and stay competitive and also have a pretty good fanbase, but they do have a FO with a less than stellar track record. In short, I have been all over the place and to be honest, If I wanted my name in lights, great fans, a team committed to winning and wanted to be immortalized as a BB God (even if I don't win rings), it would have to by NY, the MEcca, the place where basketball grew up.

bedford1829
06-22-2010, 01:43 AM
It was said on NBATV and everyone agreed... if LeBron wants to win he'll go to Chicago. They also said it's the best choice and team for LeBron [which is obvious of course].

So without a doubt, Chicago. It's honestly a two team race between Cleveland and Chicago.

A Bulls fan would certainly believe its a two team race. No bias here.

Two say its between two teams is narrowminded. Especially when there are some very real reasons why it might not be either team.

1. If Lebron was so interested in Cleveland then why wouldnt he listen to what Izzo had to say about the possibilitty of him taking over the staff? There are plenty of people who believe Lebron blew off attempts by Izzo to contact him to discuss the potential of the two teaming up in Cleveland.

2. Lebron in Chicago? Lebron wants to be the greatest ever and to do that he needs establish his own Kingdom not one Michael already rules over. Not to mention, I do not see a set of circumstances where D. Rose and Lebron are able to share the limelight. There is too much ego there (Yes bron fans, I do believe Lebron cares only about Lebron).

Your answer places too much certainty on a two team race and to be frank, I think your trying to convince yourself that lebron is coming to the Chi.

There have been no comments by any Front Office or by Lebron himself to indicate that there is a favorite (s).

Before we limit the destinations, please let Lebrons contract with Cleveland officially terminate and the official courtships begin.

central2003
06-22-2010, 01:49 AM
My first choice would be Chicago .. 2nd would be Miami .. sorry New york love you but hey My love has its limits.

Lord Leoshes
06-22-2010, 01:58 AM
Yes, but it wouldn't be there team.

Of course not it is Mickey Arisones team.

If they want a team wait till they retire, & become part owner like Jordan did. :eyebrow:

If your a member of a team then it is your team, or do you think only one guy has the right to call it his team. Hell Pat would definitely have something to say about who,s team it is.

The Flash
06-22-2010, 02:12 AM
Heat !!!

numba1CHANGsta
06-22-2010, 02:21 AM
I think its fairly easy where each player would best fit:

If I'm Lebron id go to NY (build your own legacy not under MJ's shadow or beside a great player like Wade)

If I'm Wade MIA (wouldn't handle the NY pressure too well and don't know if him and Rose could co-exist)

If I'm Bosh CHI (doesnt want to be a sidekick, in CHI he will be the biggest star with a great supporting cast)

bears88
06-22-2010, 02:22 AM
A Bulls fan would certainly believe its a two team race. No bias here.

Two say its between two teams is narrowminded. Especially when there are some very real reasons why it might not be either team.

1. If Lebron was so interested in Cleveland then why wouldnt he listen to what Izzo had to say about the possibilitty of him taking over the staff? There are plenty of people who believe Lebron blew off attempts by Izzo to contact him to discuss the potential of the two teaming up in Cleveland.

2. Lebron in Chicago? Lebron wants to be the greatest ever and to do that he needs establish his own Kingdom not one Michael already rules over. Not to mention, I do not see a set of circumstances where D. Rose and Lebron are able to share the limelight. There is too much ego there (Yes bron fans, I do believe Lebron cares only about Lebron).

Your answer places too much certainty on a two team race and to be frank, I think your trying to convince yourself that lebron is coming to the Chi.

There have been no comments by any Front Office or by Lebron himself to indicate that there is a favorite (s).

Before we limit the destinations, please let Lebrons contract with Cleveland officially terminate and the official courtships begin.

please dont give me the MJ kingdom or MJ shadow crap becasue that has nothing to do with winning. Lebron James wants to go to a team that can give him the best chnace to win a ring period not only that, but thats not even an excuses I am so sick and tired of people using the MJ shadow or like you referred "kingdom" Lebron James isnt worried about money becasue he knows that he set on that he needs to go to a place that can give him the best chance of ring.

bears88
06-22-2010, 02:36 AM
I think its fairly easy where each player would best fit:

If I'm Lebron id go to NY (build your own legacy not under MJ's shadow or beside a great player like Wade)

If I'm Wade MIA (wouldn't handle the NY pressure too well and don't know if him and Rose could co-exist)

If I'm Bosh CHI (doesnt want to be a sidekick, in CHI he will be the biggest star with a great supporting cast)

:facepalm: like why ur using MJ shadow as an excuse please tell me why ur using it MJ legacy was in the 90's not in the 20's

PrettyBoyJ
06-22-2010, 02:37 AM

I second that

dodie53
06-22-2010, 03:54 AM
miami.
the weather.

;)

stawka
06-22-2010, 04:06 AM
1 - Heat... A city with the sun, the sports, the pu55y and Dwyane Wade as a good head start
2 - Knicks... THE city to play ball in, an owner that doesn't give a **** about money, the Garden!
3 - Bulls... I'd HATE to play for the team that is all about Jordan. No matter what you do for the franchise, you'll always be second best - and that's a given. You could win 5 titles, but you're still not as important as MJ, and that would kill me.

xxcubs22xx
06-22-2010, 04:17 AM
LOL Legacy-excuse saturation once again.

The NBA's history is laden with legacies, of which build ontop of each other. **** this "omg a shadow" business...

Grow up and admit it, Chicago is LeBron's best chance at winning titles. Period. Its just a matter of his priorities.

Polls don't lie, neither do rosters. (Especially NY's lack thereof)

stawka
06-22-2010, 04:25 AM
This has nothing to do with LeBron. It is Wade/Bosh/Amare/LeBron/Johnson and others. It isn't "if you were LeBron, where would you go?" so I don't see why you're getting so emotional about it.

If you weren't a Bulls fan, you would hesitate to play for Chicago too

Kyben36
06-22-2010, 04:42 AM
If im a FA, The bulls are a team that are a big man away from being a contender if you ask me. but hten again im a homer

The bigest problem I see with the NY Knicks and the Miami Heat are the fact they they can bring in good players, but 2 allstars and nothing doesnt win in this league. what you need is a good/Great bench. as well, the bulls would be able to provide that. Hinrich, Taj, Miller coming off the bench is killer. while the heat dont realy have anything other than D Wade and whoever they sign. sure they have cap room for other players, but you fill the starting PG, Starting SF ( because I have a fealing that they are going to be getting a big, not a foward ) and a C, along with having some type of bench presnece with only having around 14 mil left. I just cant see it beign done. and then if they want 3 max contracts, they have 3 great players, but no one else around them. sure, the celtics where able to build up some young players like Davis and Rondo, but I just dont see it being the same for the heat, and then I also ama gainst NY becasue of coaching, and their draft pick situation, I mean, they are without draft picks from since they drafted Galinari, who in my opinoins peek is a Peja type player. you draft a PF, and then dont even give him a chance. why would you draft him if you where not going to play him. I just dont like the way that organization is run.

To be totaly honest with all of you, If I was a FA, NJ would be my first choice. Why,

They have a great PG, I love harris.
They have a great C.
They have a role playing SG in Lee, which I love.

If I was lebron, I would go to NJ, no matter what theri record is. that is a great cast of players beside a player like lebron, they also have the 3rd overall pick this year. meaning more tallent. that would be my preference. But of this list given, I like the bulls over NY, and over Miami.

matt800
06-22-2010, 04:43 AM
I dont think I'd want to go to any of those places. Definitely not Miami. Maybe Chicago or NY if more decent players showed up.

Of any team Id want to go to:

1. Phoenix (Nash, G hill, J Rich.. fun team)
2. Lakers (champs)
3. Portland (best young team, rich owner, stable franchise, nice city)
4. San Antonio (Good coach, winning franchise, decent city)
5. Sonics if they still existed. (I like the okc team but hate okc and they arent a stable organization fresh out of a move.)
6. Chicago? (decent area, decent young players, stable franchise)

Kyben36
06-22-2010, 04:44 AM
1 - Heat... A city with the sun, the sports, the pu55y and Dwyane Wade as a good head start
2 - Knicks... THE city to play ball in, an owner that doesn't give a **** about money, the Garden!
3 - Bulls... I'd HATE to play for the team that is all about Jordan. No matter what you do for the franchise, you'll always be second best - and that's a given. You could win 5 titles, but you're still not as important as MJ, and that would kill me.

Not to argue, but your 2nd best no matter where you go. look at lebron this year, he was suposed to win his first championship becuse this was the year MJ did it, they arnt even on the same team. no matter where you go, you will never be Number one. becasue MJ is. Lebron can run away all he wants from the MJ comparison, but at the same time, truely great players step up to the plate, they dont run away from it.

The MJ comparison will be there for any great player who wants to come into this league. no matter what team, they will never be the best.

numba1CHANGsta
06-22-2010, 04:51 AM
:facepalm: like why ur using MJ shadow as an excuse please tell me why ur using it MJ legacy was in the 90's not in the 20's

because in order to be the best player of all time, u must first be the best player of your franchise, and Lebron will never be better than MJ, once he signs the contract for chicago, automatically he is pressured to win 6 titles, not in NY where all he needs to do is win one and he becomes King of NY!

Kyben36
06-22-2010, 05:00 AM
because in order to be the best player of all time, u must first be the best player of your franchise, and Lebron will never be better than MJ, once he signs the contract for chicago, automatically he is pressured to win 6 titles, not in NY where all he needs to do is win one and he becomes King of NY!

Wow, now, im not here to fight, but what you just said makes no sense, in order to be the best of all time, you have to be the best on your team, well last time I checked, MJ is no longer on the bulls. his legacy is there, but you cant say that a player cant come in and be better then him.

Look at Kobe, Arguably the best player in the league for the past 10 years. and still, he cant beat MJ in legacy. it doesnt matter what team a player plays for. YOu have to be the best (PERIOD) to be the best, it has nothign do do with what you stated.

And Lebron doestn want to be #1 of a city, Lebron should want to be #1 overall if he is truely great, be better then MJ, not just win a single tittle. do you think Kobe's happy being the king of LA, no He wants another ring, why, that much closer to be compared to MJ. the fact is, everyone is trying to climb the ladder, no matter what team you are on, you will never be as good as MJ, unless you can complete some of the feets that MJ himself has done. IF Lebron can win a bunch of tittles, then he may be able to get on the level of MJ, but the fact is, the legacy should not make lebron look down and say " no mater what I do, I cant be as good as he is" what it should do is push him, push him harder then it ever has, to make him try and over come what is standing in his way, and that is the legacy of MJ. no fear it, but work to beat it.

Lebron will allway be compared to MJ. no matter what city he goes to. he can be the best that he wants on his own team all he wnats, but if he cant put up the banners, he will not be able to be on that level.

Jeff559
06-22-2010, 05:20 AM
Bulls have a good young core to compete . Signing with the Knicks would be a huge gamble if you want to win. I think Bosh would team up well with dwade.

NYKalltheway
06-22-2010, 05:22 AM
Reallistically, it's gonna be a battle between New York and New Jersey. Lebron played for freakin Cleveland ffs! Any of you remember how bad Cleveland was before Lebron was drafted?

Lebron's ego is TOO big. Can't be otherwise.
Remember the hype even before he joined the NBA?? He was a national star, still in high school! There is no way this guy is not overconfident and arrogant.

There is no way this guy wants to be compared to Michael Jordan as a Bulls player and receive CRITICISM for not being a better or similar version of him. He wants to be looked up as a King.

Clippers would be a wonderful team for him, the best imo, but that's Kobe land. He would play for LA2. That's bad enough for him. But beating Kobe with the lesser LA team, that would mean a lot to him. Might be a destination if he wants to de-thrown Kobe(who is not getting any younger).

The Nets, well, they have a good young core, Jay Z might influence him because of the Brooklyn move, the Russian owners... There he'll be King. But why settle with being the King of the "village" when he can rule the Big Apple by joining the Knicks?

The man knows he can make a HUGE difference for the team he signs with. With the Knicks he can start from scratch a new team. Around 38m salary cap, Curry will leave at the end of the season, or in another dimension, he could be traded for a good talent, which will make it 49m, then subtract Lebron 16m, 33m to build a new roster.

Why settle for MJ pressure, share the spotlight with Wade(who already has a ring), be Kobe's next door neighbour, when he can become King of the "best city in the world"?
(I'm not saying NY is the best, it's just something you hear a lot from many people, which might influence someone's decision)

I only see the Nets as a LeBron contender to the Knicks. Can't see him re-signing with the Cavs, unless something great happens to them. Until that happens, he'll have exactly the same roster as last season, just a year older. And he'll watch the Knicks and the Nets signing 3 highly rated NBA stars between them and probably lose against them at the playoffs if he remains a Cav.

Derrick Rose & Lebron James together? Don't think it can work
Dwayne Wade & Lebron James together? Only if they put their egos aside. Doubt it'll happen.
Lebron James & whoever he wants? Hmm, interesting ;)

Rosh
06-22-2010, 05:27 AM
It's a little known fact that all comparisons to Jordan become non-existent in every city outside Chicago.

sean17c
06-22-2010, 05:29 AM
It's a little known fact that all comparisons to Jordan become non-existent in every city outside Chicago.

yup. most people in the city dont even like jordan

hestar
06-22-2010, 05:36 AM

Don't forget Tax free :cool:..If Lebron wants to win a ring,He'll come to Miami.

dbeastly
06-22-2010, 09:44 AM
I am glad you have Beasly to root for and we have a future superstar in Derrick Rose..
Never say never cause it could happen sooner than you think..

I'm not comparing Rose to Beasley because it's obvious you got the better pick. But when you guys start comparing Rose to Wade it's a problem. Rose will NEVER be as physically or mentally capable as Wade. If you want to be a superstar you have to be vocal, and Rose isn't that. You cant be a leader if you don't talk to you're teammates and make them better. Call me when your "leader" averages 27 ppg and 7 apg and leads possibly the worst supporting cast in history to a 5th seed. I can't Wade till Wade gets some teammates so he doesn't get quadruple teamed every game.

nycsports2
06-22-2010, 09:50 AM
i piked bulls cuz there young core is great best in league imo, id pick knicks next, then heat cuz i think its a ****** organization and wades leaving

Pierzynski4Prez
06-22-2010, 10:18 AM
I'm not comparing Rose to Beasley because it's obvious you got the better pick. But when you guys start comparing Rose to Wade it's a problem. Rose will NEVER be as physically or mentally capable as Wade. If you want to be a superstar you have to be vocal, and Rose isn't that. You cant be a leader if you don't talk to you're teammates and make them better. Call me when your "leader" averages 27 ppg and 7 apg and leads possibly the worst supporting cast in history to a 5th seed. I can't Wade till Wade gets some teammates so he doesn't get quadruple teamed every game.

I wouldn't say NEVER, the kid is what 21.

And for the bolded part, tell that to Timmy Duncan.

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
06-22-2010, 11:22 AM
LOL Legacy-excuse saturation once again.

The NBA's history is laden with legacies, of which build ontop of each other. **** this "omg a shadow" business...

Grow up and admit it, Chicago is LeBron's best chance at winning titles. Period. Its just a matter of his priorities.

Polls don't lie, neither do rosters. (Especially NY's lack thereof)

Miaim, LA(Clippers), NJ, and NY can all build better teams then the Bulls.

todu82
06-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Chicago
Miami
New York

RaiderLakersA's
06-22-2010, 11:32 AM

Exactly. And no state taxes, either. If I'm a free agent, I'm picking Miami first.

king4day
06-22-2010, 11:40 AM
NY for sure.
Chicago will always be referenced to MJ, even now.
Heat already had their legacy built when Wade helped win them a title.
Now NY, we already know the Dolans aren't scared to go over the cap. Imagine going over the cap with players that make sense.

It wouldn't be instant, but neither would the Heat or Chicago. Neither of those teams are title ready, as is, without adding solid role players.
They're further along than NY, sure, but it would take a hell of a GM job to get them to elite status right away.

justinnum1
06-22-2010, 11:40 AM
I wanna vomit at the massive amounts of homers in this thread

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

NYMetros
06-22-2010, 11:46 AM
^Any team with LeBron instantly becomes a contender, even if he has garbage for teammates. If he goes to the Bulls or Heat then that's his best chance to win a ring as early as possible, but that doesn't mean it's impossible for him to win the ring with the Knicks next year if he gets decent teammates.