PDA

View Full Version : Cousins has All Star written all over him!

Red Hot Rolllin
06-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Cousins has serious game.. pounds the paint like a beast, runs the floor, draws fouls and gets to the stripe, and has a nice little jumper. His big butt is going to cause havic.

Some people see risk I see rookie of the year! Sixers or any other teams that pass on him will regret it. He could really be beast for Sac if he goes at 5.

Just curious on opinions about about his game... we all know he is loose cannon.

abe_froman
06-21-2010, 04:57 PM
not roy,but he will be an all star

kozelkid
06-21-2010, 05:43 PM
not roy,but he will be an all star

Definitely possible.
He has an NBA body.

WSU Tony
06-21-2010, 07:18 PM
Beasley anyone?

When you give millions of dollars to 19 year olds who have dominated because of physical ability and not work ethic, you're asking for trouble.

kozelkid
06-21-2010, 10:45 PM
Beasley anyone?

When you give millions of dollars to 19 year olds who have dominated because of physical ability and not work ethic, you're asking for trouble.

One example, shouldn't make it a case for all.
Besides, all else, it's evident he has red flags and if he drops as low as 5th, he's definitely worth it cause the talent discrepancy between him and the rest of the players (assuming Wall, Turner, Favors, and Wes are already drafted) is pretty big and worth the gamble.
Personally, I can easily see him the best out of the bunch if he keeps his head straight.

Kyben36
06-21-2010, 11:05 PM
if he was more athletic, I would be higher on him, but I like him more than favors.

Widowmaker2k
06-22-2010, 04:00 PM
if he was more athletic, I would be higher on him, but I like him more than favors.

If he was more athletic, he'd be the second coming of Shaq. Really though, he's enormous (9'5" standing reach, 7'6" wingspan). As long as you aren't looking for him to be your number-one 'franchise' guy, he's a great pick. Sac, already the tallest team in the league, would be a great fit for him. Evans (equally huge/lengthy for his position) and Cousins would make an excellent backcourt/frontcourt combo for years to come. So would Cousins and Steph Curry (and maybe even a better fit, considering Curry's outside shooting), though I think Demarcus will be gone by sixth pick.

kozelkid
06-22-2010, 11:58 PM
If he was more athletic, he'd be the second coming of Shaq. Really though, he's enormous (9'5" standing reach, 7'6" wingspan). As long as you aren't looking for him to be your number-one 'franchise' guy, he's a great pick. Sac, already the tallest team in the league, would be a great fit for him. Evans (equally huge/lengthy for his position) and Cousins would make an excellent backcourt/frontcourt combo for years to come. So would Cousins and Steph Curry (and maybe even a better fit, considering Curry's outside shooting), though I think Demarcus will be gone by sixth pick.

I really agree with bolded. More than anything because I don't think he'd be able to handle the pressure.
I think he's gone by 5th latest. And I expect GSW to take Monroe who is a great passing big man, which makes him a good fit in GSW's ****ed up system.

GEO123
06-23-2010, 11:28 AM
I think he has tons of potential but he has alot of risk also. He's not in top shape (had the second highest body fat of any prospect) plus even according to his College coach he's about 10 to 15 pound over weight right now. He is going to be either boom or bust. That's not just my opinion but many of the scouts that do this for a living...

michelangelo
06-28-2010, 02:02 AM
Cousins is TRULY the second coming........

.......OF CHRIS WASHBURN.

Seriously, Cousins can't even walk and chew gum at the same time. Let's hope he's out of bubblegum by the time he arrives at training camp.

Widowmaker2k
06-28-2010, 02:35 AM
Cousins is TRULY the second coming........

.......OF CHRIS WASHBURN.

Seriously, Cousins can't even walk and chew gum at the same time. Let's hope he's out of bubblegum by the time he arrives at training camp.

Solid analysis there...I really like how you broke down Cousins' game with references to chewing gum and walking...:clap:

Yes, he has red flags. No, that doesn't preclude his talent and skill, which is already ahead of many centers in the league today. If he shows up as good as advertised, he's a top 10 center in the league, on day one. At Kentucky, he was a fan favorite, and even Calipari (his former coach) said that the teams who pass on him will regret it. We'll see how he actually pans out, of course, but it's not like he was an all athleticism/potential, no skill, sort of pick.

Sixerlover
06-28-2010, 10:21 AM
Every player that has been passed on by a team tells people that they will regret it. That point is irrelevant. What is meaningful is his NBA translation. And yes, if he can keep a cool head he can be a very good NBA player, but he also has to be able to stay in shape over 82 games, AND be efficient while staying in shape. Not exactly an easy task.

Widowmaker2k
07-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Every player that has been passed on by a team tells people that they will regret it. That point is irrelevant. What is meaningful is his NBA translation. And yes, if he can keep a cool head he can be a very good NBA player, but he also has to be able to stay in shape over 82 games, AND be efficient while staying in shape. Not exactly an easy task.

It wasn't just any random player that said it, it was Coach Cal. That being said, he's in a position to hype his current NBA prospects to encourage recruits to join his coaching program, so I guess it's all the same. Either way, Cousins is a huge talent, whether that talent will translate to NBA productivity remains to be seen. With the dearth of talented bigs in the NBA these days, I think he becomes a pretty good big man.