PDA

View Full Version : Why not Shaq and/or Mcgrady to the Nuggets next season?

JordansBulls
06-21-2010, 01:24 PM
The Nuggets need to make a move to compete with the Lakers and they need some size. I think if they were to sign Shaq to a deal and/or Tmac they would be in good shape.

PG Billups
SG Mcgrady
SF Melo
PF Nene
C Shaq

Bench
JR Smith
Birdman
Kmart

Sadds The Gr8
06-21-2010, 01:33 PM
Shaq will only go to the surest team that will get him a title, so he won't go to Denver. But T-mac there would be interesting except he takes Afflalo's and JR's minutes, and those are 2 important players

td0tsfinest
06-21-2010, 01:38 PM
Once Shaq is done with Melo, he should join Darko and than Bosh. :p

The Nuggets will definitely be looking to make some change. Their playoff appearance this year definitely showed us they were not contenders despite popular belief. The only guys I see untouchable on the team is Melo and Billups. This is a contract year for Melo, so the Nuggets have to be careful in what they do. Getting two guys like T-Mac and Shaq are going to take a lot of touches away from Melo. This could either work greatly or just blow up in the Nuggets face.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Yes to Shaq
No to McGrady

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-21-2010, 01:51 PM

The Nuggets will definitely be looking to make some change. Their playoff appearance this year definitely showed us they were not contenders despite popular belief. The only guys I see untouchable on the team is Melo and Billups. This is a contract year for Melo, so the Nuggets have to be careful in what they do. Getting two guys like T-Mac and Shaq are going to take a lot of touches away from Melo. This could either work greatly or just blow up in the Nuggets face.

We didn't have coach Karl.

xbrackattackx
T-mac and Shaq are bench contributors at their age. T-mac is only 30 so he could have a couple of impressive seasons if he can stay healthy and get his stroke. But shaq is a 12-16 min game player now.

97NYer
Shaq is really hurting his legacy by cherry picking for a title.

ldc62
06-21-2010, 01:54 PM

George Karl played a huge role....

JordansBulls
06-21-2010, 02:09 PM
I bring this up because Nuggets went down to Utah this year. It is true they didn't have their coach, but still the Jazz were missing players as well. Nuggets need to add depth to the team and they need more size.

Southsideheat
06-21-2010, 02:10 PM
why can't people accept the fact that Shaq is done. I really don't understand it.

sep11ie
06-21-2010, 02:10 PM
T-mac and Shaq are bench contributors at their age. T-mac is only 30 so he could have a couple of impressive seasons if he can stay healthy and get his stroke. But shaq is a 12-16 min game player now.

And T-Mac is 12-16 game per season guy.

phlp_bj
06-21-2010, 02:14 PM
shaq to the celtics or spurs

Rajon Rondo
Ray Allen
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Shaquille O'Neal/Kendrick Perkins

or

Tony Parker
Manu Ginobili
Richard Jefferson
Tim Duncan
Shaquille O'Neal

LTBaByyy
06-21-2010, 02:15 PM
That line up won't beat the lakers, lets be real lol to be 100% honest.... the only team in the western conference to BEAT the lakers in a playoff series is if the clippers get lebron w/ that lottery pick OR the thunder add a max free agent!!

LTBaByyy
06-21-2010, 02:16 PM
plus the lottery pick**

showtym24
06-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Because they both want to be lakers.

twoearl
06-21-2010, 02:30 PM
And T-Mac is 12-16 game per season guy.

LMAO! good one

ElToro
06-21-2010, 02:40 PM
That's a good idea! Oh, and make sure to include truckloads of Icy Hot Patch & Bangay to their contracts as added incentives. Hahahahaha! :up:

fadedmario
06-21-2010, 02:45 PM
The Nuggets need to make a move to compete with the Lakers and they need some size. I think if they were to sign Shaq to a deal and/or Tmac they would be in good shape.

PG Billups
SG Mcgrady
SF Melo
PF Nene
C Shaq

Bench
JR Smith
Birdman
Kmart

Nuggets would be tough to beat. That's for sure.

kozelkid
06-21-2010, 02:51 PM
shaq to the celtics or spurs

Rajon Rondo
Ray Allen
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Shaquille O'Neal/Kendrick Perkins

or

Tony Parker
Manu Ginobili
Richard Jefferson
Tim Duncan
Shaquille O'Neal

(A) No way Shaq starts over Perkins
(B) I can't ever see Shaq joining one of his arch rivals throughout his career.

I bring this up because Nuggets went down to Utah this year. It is true they didn't have their coach, but still the Jazz were missing players as well. Nuggets need to add depth to the team and they need more size.

NBA is also about match ups. While a team like Utah can beat Denver, a team like Utah also gets annihilated by LA every time they play. Denver definitely would have made it much tougher on LA with or without Karl.

JordansBulls
06-21-2010, 02:53 PM
(A) No way Shaq starts over Perkins
(B) I can't ever see Shaq joining one of his arch rivals throughout his career.

NBA is also about match ups. While a team like Utah can beat Denver, a team like Utah also gets annihilated by LA every time they play. Denver definitely would have made it much tougher on LA with or without Karl.

I agree, but I don't think they have enough size especially if Bynum ever gets healthy. Add to the fact the Lakers now have Artest to defend Melo and they could put Kobe on Billups.

Nuggets need to do something that would aid them in beating LA. They can't keep the same team and expect themselves to beat them.

J4KOP99
06-21-2010, 02:56 PM
Shaq would die trying to run around with the Nuggets.

Kashmir13579
06-21-2010, 03:06 PM
first off all, T-mac is old and washed up. remember what happened the last time the nuggets got an old washed up player???? (iverson) would you really want t-mac taking possessions away from melo? noooo-duh!!! plus J.R smith is a young beast. i'd rather have J.R. on the court then washed up T-mac. (if t-mac was still elite it'd be a diff story) Shaq can go wherever he wants (aka wherever he thinks he can squeeze in another ring) if t-mac can be comfortable being a veteran leader, role player with decreased minutes... ****..... then i'l take him back on the knicks.

Mudvayne91
06-21-2010, 03:14 PM
I'd would say there if a fairly decent chance JR is not a Nugget this year.

kblo247
06-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Because they both want to be lakers.

This, but I'd pay to see Shaq play in that atmosphere :laugh2:

amoore87
06-21-2010, 03:26 PM
shaq is done

Southsideheat
06-21-2010, 03:59 PM
shaq is done

4 years ago. Yet no one seems to comprehend that.

magichatnumber9
06-21-2010, 04:00 PM
YOu better have a great trainer and medical staff

Tony_Starks
06-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Shaq is no longer a difference maker unless he'd be willing to come off the bench and lead the 2nd unit which I highly doubt. He stalls your offense and can barely finish at the rim anymore, not to mention never could defend the pick and roll.

That being said with the way he's been going out of his way to praise Kobe and LA it seems he's trying to get himself back to the Lakers. He knows thats his best shot at a ring and also finishing his legacy as a Laker instead of a aging gun for hire.