PDA

View Full Version : Will Stern and media HYPE this game or try to hide it just in case?

Hellcrooner
06-21-2010, 12:18 PM
October.L.A Lakers Nba champions vs Bacelona Euroleague Champions.

First time ever both champions meet.
Basically a de facto WORLD CHAMPIONSHP

No excuses since BOTH teams will be in preseason ( due to the national teams world cup taking place in september)

It will be highly hyped and a defeat would have world wide repercussion.

And if you are thinking it wil eb easy think again.
Last year lakers played them IN LOS ANGELAS and barely won the game and they had a MUCH WORSE roster they have now ( barring Rubio and Vazquez decide to report to Wolves magic this summer) and this time it will be in Barcelona.

So will Stern be confident enough to hype the game to the real status of wahts on display?

or will he try to hide it and make it look unimportant just in cas Lakers slose.

Will it be broadcasted in Usa ' ? in europe it iwill.

R_O_W_E
06-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Nobody will care.

Kobe won't care.
Phil won't care.

ManRam
06-21-2010, 12:24 PM
This is actually happening?

Isn't Barca the team with Fran and Ricky? That would be interesting to watch.

RipVW
06-21-2010, 12:24 PM
I dont think he will hype it like you said. He's not going to acknowledge it as a World Championship. Stern would claim the best teams in the world played in June to settle that. He might acknowledge this in some way but more of a good will, friendly, growing the NBA type of statement game. But it wont be promoted like the exhibition match between Rocky and Drago in Rocky 4.

td0tsfinest
06-21-2010, 12:33 PM
It'll be exciting to see Ricky Rubio play but other than that, not expecting that much.

Their record against NBA teams are 1-5.

20 October 1989 Denver Nuggets 137–103 FC Barcelona L
10 October 2003 FC Barcelona 80–91 Memphis Grizzlies L
5 October 2006 FC Barcelona 104–99 Philadelphia 76ers W
18 October 2008 Los Angeles Lakers 108–104 FC Barcelona L
19 October 2008 Los Angeles Clippers 114–109 FC Barcelona L

Of course, this Barca team is much different but they got no chance against the Lakers.

Hellcrooner
06-21-2010, 12:33 PM
This is actually happening?

Isn't Barca the team with Fran and Ricky? That would be interesting to watch.

Ricky, Vazquez, Navarro, and they are trying to buy out Rudy from Portland.

Hellcrooner
06-21-2010, 12:35 PM
It'll be exciting to see Ricky Rubio play but other than that, not expecting that much.

Their record against NBA teams are 1-5.

20 October 1989 Denver Nuggets 137103 FC Barcelona L
10 October 2003 FC Barcelona 8091 Memphis Grizzlies L
5 October 2006 FC Barcelona 10499 Philadelphia 76ers W
18 October 2008 Los Angeles Lakers 108104 FC Barcelona L
19 October 2008 Los Angeles Clippers 114109 FC Barcelona L

Of course, this Barca team is much different but they got no chance against the Lakers.

as you can see they barely lost to west confrence champions lakers IN L:A in a year barceloan had won nothing. They have a much better team this time around. and is played in spain

Sadds The Gr8
06-21-2010, 12:37 PM
I don't think Stern would hype it but I think it would be cool if they did something like a NBA champion vs European champion every year. It would be a great way for more European players to become known here, and American players to become more known there, and I think it would globalize the game well. If the NBA did this annually, I would watch it and probably become more interested in European ballers, instead of knowing jack **** about them. Both teams will likely play hard too, as an NBA team would never want to lose to a Euro team, and a Euro team will try hard to beat an NBA team...especially its champion.

td0tsfinest
06-21-2010, 12:42 PM
as you can see they barely lost to west confrence champions lakers IN L:A in a year barceloan had won nothing. They have a much better team this time around. and is played in spain

:eyebrow:

Ye they did beat them barely but do you realize how much minutes the Lakers core played in that game. The starting line up was shooting over 60% during their minimal minutes.

mikantsass
06-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Noone will care...

domz248
06-21-2010, 12:47 PM
October.L.A Lakers Nba champions vs Bacelona Euroleague Champions.

First time ever both champions meet.
Basically a de facto WORLD CHAMPIONSHP

No excuses since BOTH teams will be in preseason ( due to the national teams world cup taking place in september)

It will be highly hyped and a defeat would have world wide repercussion.

And if you are thinking it wil eb easy think again.
Last year lakers played them IN LOS ANGELAS and barely won the game and they had a MUCH WORSE roster they have now ( barring Rubio and Vazquez decide to report to Wolves magic this summer) and this time it will be in Barcelona.

So will Stern be confident enough to hype the game to the real status of wahts on display?

or will he try to hide it and make it look unimportant just in cas Lakers slose.

Will it be broadcasted in Usa ' ? in europe it iwill.

what is wrong with you ... no one in the nba cares about preseason ... they don't care about playing a meaningless preseason game ...

bahama0811
It's preseason, the only guys that will care are the guys that are trying to make the squad.

ManRam
Crooner. It looks like Fran isn't ever leaving Spain, correct?

That saddens me.

domz248
06-21-2010, 12:48 PM

i can only imagine what country you are from

mikantsass
06-21-2010, 12:49 PM
I was curious so i looked at the box score from their last meeting....

Lakers starters:

Kobe had 28pts in 26 minutes
Fisher Gasol and Radmanovich all played 18mins
Bynum played 24 mins

xbrackattackx
06-21-2010, 12:51 PM
I think it would be fun to watch. We can see how our Bench is looking for the Upcoming season since they will play most of the game.

Hellcrooner
06-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Crooner. It looks like Fran isn't ever leaving Spain, correct?

That saddens me.

barcelona has an option on him this season.
they intnd to pick it so i guess orlando has to wait one more year.

Pity because he is exactlyt eh type of player that Howard needs by his side ont eh frontcourt and also alows lewis to move to sf wer he is mroe comfortable.

Hellcrooner
06-21-2010, 01:01 PM
I was curious so i looked at the box score from their last meeting....

Lakers starters:

Kobe had 28pts in 26 minutes
Fisher Gasol and Radmanovich all played 18mins
Bynum played 24 mins

an you link me the bosxcore?

i dont remember if the game was played with 12 minutes quarters or 10 minute quaters also would like to see how many minutes did the best barcelona players play.

td0tsfinest
06-21-2010, 01:20 PM
an you link me the bosxcore?

i dont remember if the game was played with 12 minutes quarters or 10 minute quaters also would like to see how many minutes did the best barcelona players play.

Navarro played 42 minutes. So it was probably 12 minute quarters.

http://www.nba.com/games/20081018/BARLAL/boxscore.html

Hellcrooner
06-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Vazquez scond best player played only 19 minutes like Pau.

Andersen now on rockets only 27 minutes.

Iliyasova now bucks only 21.

sada , herrera and rey had good minutes when they were celarly bottom of the bench players that barely ever play.

so no no excuses on presason .r

Da Knicks
06-21-2010, 01:36 PM
More excited about Knicks vs. Milan the team Danillo used to play for, the new free agents that sign with the knicks will have a chance to get into the italian market.

td0tsfinest
06-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Vazquez scond best player played only 19 minutes like Pau.

Andersen now on rockets only 27 minutes.

Iliyasova now bucks only 21.

sada , herrera and rey had good minutes when they were celarly bottom of the bench players that barely ever play.

so no no excuses on presason .r

Doesn't that just prove more that this game is meaningless.

If neither team is playing their stars, why would any one care?

carter15
06-21-2010, 01:46 PM

exactly. if both teams play their bench a lot it doesnt show anything really about who's better.

its going to b a rather meaningless game, sorry croon.

clehmun
06-21-2010, 02:10 PM
are you seriously comparing the two teams?!
yes lakers barely won the last time, but that doesn't mean anything.
raptors beat the lakers once this year, and almost beat them again the 2nd meeting. does that mean next year's finals will be raptors vs lakers and it'll go 7 games?

you gotta be kidding me with some of your biased euro ideas.

Hellcrooner
06-21-2010, 02:15 PM

the scenario is completely different. they ar enow reperesntative sof the best two leagues.

td0tsfinest
06-21-2010, 02:29 PM
^ This isn't a game featuring the champions from La Liga and Serie A.

The level of talent in the NBA far surpasses Pro Basketball in Spain. While the guys on Barca are good, you can't compare them to the Lakers. They are clearly better than Barca in every position (only debatable spot is PG).

Hellcrooner
06-21-2010, 02:44 PM
^ This isn't a game featuring the champions from La Liga and Serie A.

The level of talent in the NBA far surpasses Pro Basketball in Spain. While the guys on Barca are good, you can't compare them to the Lakers. They are clearly better than Barca in every position (only debatable spot is PG).

that s why a defeat for lakers would have hughe consecuences mediawise worlwide.

masalex1205
06-21-2010, 03:08 PM
I'm definitely going to watch this game, should be interesting. The level of talent overseas has increased so much over the past decade but this isn't a big deal.

BUT you're crazy if you think there is any sort of argument to be made about what the best league in the world is. A Barca win isn't going to change anything.

carter15
06-21-2010, 04:03 PM
that s why a defeat for lakers would have hughe consecuences mediawise worlwide.

no it wouldn't. look i no ur from spain or europe atleast and love **** like this, but nobody wud really care for more then 5 minutes if the lakers lost. they still will likely play starters for half the game or less and it'll be like a preseason game for them, not a championship game of any sort.

Vidball
06-21-2010, 06:21 PM
The game won't matter. Kobe/Pau will each play less than 30 minutes and players that won't even suit up during the regular season will get some minutes as well. The Lakers already beat the best players FROM ALL AROUND THE WORLD throughout the season. The best team in the World is the Lakers. The second best team is the Celtics.

I would rather lose a 7 game preseason series to Barcelona then drop a regular season game. The game will be fun to watch, but it won't matter.

heattiltheend94
06-21-2010, 06:49 PM
I doubt it, its not a tournament. I'll be surprised if it is shown on US tv