PDA

View Full Version : How much money do the Celtics save if Rasheed retires?

Hustlenomics
06-21-2010, 12:18 PM
^

R_O_W_E
06-21-2010, 12:19 PM
Nothing substantial.

I think he still will count against their salary. SAR retired 2 years ago and still made $6 Million from Sacramento this season.

ManRam
06-21-2010, 12:22 PM
About 6.3 million next year, and 6.8 the year after. But I'm not sure if retiring cancels your contract. He might still get the money anyways.

Next year, their payroll sits at 63 million, including Pierce, but not including Ray (obviously). Any cap relief is good for them right now, but they won't be able to get under the cap enough to sign a player for more than the MLE.

shep33
06-21-2010, 12:45 PM
About 6.3 million next year, and 6.8 the year after. But I'm not sure if retiring cancels your contract. He might still get the money anyways.

Next year, their payroll sits at 63 million, including Pierce, but not including Ray (obviously). Any cap relief is good for them right now, but they won't be able to get under the cap enough to sign a player for more than the MLE.

Yeah I don't know how it works either, but its around 13 mill over the next 2. They're in trouble I think with their salaries over the next couple of years.

-KG 40 mill over the next 2
-Pierce is only signed until this upcoming season, so in 2011-2012 he's a free agent. Obviously they'll sign him but he can't continually take 20 mill a season
-Ray ain't getting 20 mill next year, so he's gonna have to take a huge paycut or walk to another team and find a better contract
-The Celtics have 7 free agents including Ray Allen, Robinson and Tony Allen are free agents, and they'll likely get better offers elsewhere
-they can maybe sign an MLE and some guys for cheap, but they won't be able to sign a superstar

They gotta try and restructure contracts for Pierce and KG. Put it this way Boston has 6 players on their roster right now, assuming Sheed retires.

Their salary for the 6 players on their roster is 60 mill, and KG and Pierce are taking in about 40 mill combined next season. They can't just fill their roster with cheap bench players either.

iggypop123
06-21-2010, 02:01 PM
they are still over the cap when pierce resigns

xbrackattackx
06-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Wallace won't retire yet anyways.