PDA

View Full Version : Boston radio show hangs up on Bill Walton...completely classless

esoteradactyl
06-20-2010, 08:15 PM
http://985thesportshub.cbslocal.com/2010/06/18/phone-problems-with-bill-walton/

:facepalm:

Shaddix
06-20-2010, 08:26 PM
Probably because nobody in boston wants to hear him praise the lakers. Why would the hub put him on if all he was going to do was talk about how great the lakers are.

GSW Hoops
06-20-2010, 08:28 PM
That's pretty classless.

R_O_W_E
06-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Bill Walton's son is the GOAT.

D Roses Bulls
06-20-2010, 08:38 PM
http://985thesportshub.cbslocal.com/2010/06/18/phone-problems-with-bill-walton/

:facepalm:

haha @ the caller that called bill walton a hippie

D Roses Bulls
06-20-2010, 08:40 PM
That's pretty classless.

well would you want a guy coming on your local sports show and pretty much praise the team that just beat your team on your local radio show? I dont like the celtics, but i get where that guy is coming from. walton is a dumb ***.... all the celtics had to do was win 3 strait at home? yea like thats easy to do. they should of hung up on him after he said that

avrpatsfan
06-20-2010, 08:41 PM
It said they had phone problems. How is that classless? Just wondering.

D Roses Bulls
06-20-2010, 08:43 PM

they didnt have phone problems, you could hear walton and even the guy said "your were rootin for the lakers, good bye"still though i dont blame him for hanging up on walton. who the hell wants to hear another guy praise the team that just beat yours on a local radio show?

esoteradactyl
06-20-2010, 08:49 PM
well would you want a guy coming on your local sports show and pretty much praise the team that just beat your team on your local radio show? I dont like the celtics, but i get where that guy is coming from. walton is a dumb ***.... all the celtics had to do was win 3 strait at home? yea like thats easy to do. they should of hung up on him after he said that

well they were the one who invited him on lol its not like he requested to be on. they should also take the consideration the first bill walton was a celtic and that his son just won the freaking nba championship. ofcourse he is going to gloat.

D Roses Bulls
06-20-2010, 08:53 PM
well they were the one who invited him on lol its not like he requested to be on. they should also take the consideration the first bill walton was a celtic and that his son just won the freaking nba championship. ofcourse he is going to gloat.

they invited him on, but seriously he should of knew where to draw the line at. he could of said im proud of my son and and congrats to the lakers but he didnt stop there, he had to rub it in and say all boston had to do was win 3 strait like it was simple. i mean seriously what an idiot and the sad thing is most people consider walton an "expert".

Shady66
06-20-2010, 08:54 PM
That was pretty funny LOL

evadatam5150
06-20-2010, 09:02 PM

*Alright well you're rooting for the Lakers ... Good Bye... (Laughter).. I'm not going to take a guest who's celebrating the team that just beat.. That just beat the Celtics.. I mean your kids on the team congratulations.. (more laughter)*

LOL.. Funny stuff.. He later said it was because of phone issues, sheepishly.. Then he said *I knew I was going to have to hang up on him going into the interview.. *

Dude I can safely say that if the shoe was on the other foot I would have had to hang up as well.. Dude had a legit point when he said that if you're in the car listening to Walton the last thing you're going to want to hear is an old Boston legend congratulating the hated rival...

Good stuff..

69centers
06-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Bill was right about winning 3 straight at home. Game 3 loss was the key point in the series. We had just split on the road, only to go home and give home court right back and already guarantee a return trip back to LA.

Other than that, it doesn't sound like there was any reason to hang up on him purposely. Had to be technical difficulties. No one here feels harshly with Walton, as he is usually pretty unbiased when talking about Lakers and Celtics, even with his son playing there.

DengelBerry
06-20-2010, 09:05 PM
Another one in the books of classless acts for boston fans, maybe next year?

prodigy
06-20-2010, 09:06 PM
I agree with the radio guys also. To me thats like the Steelers beating Cleveland in the super bowl(I know not possible) then Jim brown going on a Cleveland sports show saying how happy he is for the steelers. Screw you lol.

Tony_Starks
06-20-2010, 09:09 PM
Wow that was pretty tasteless. He gave the Celtics their props but the Lakers won what was he supposed to say the Celtics are still better? Then to hang up on him when he said "Im a Celtic but Im a Dad first and want whats best for my son...." Hang up! Wow, really classy.

Avenged
06-20-2010, 09:20 PM
I just listened to it, they're laughing about it because he hanged up on him. One of the guys says "It's not often you can hang up on a hall of famer, that's pretty good, I like it".

ARMIN12NBA
06-20-2010, 09:22 PM
That was extremely disrespectful. I don't listen to LA radio 24/7, but I can't recall anything like this happening to opposing team's apologists. Absolutely ridiculous and then calling him a "*******."

mser58
06-20-2010, 09:22 PM
I ****in hate Walton

magichatnumber9
06-20-2010, 09:37 PM
The Laker fan base has been rude and obnoxious these last few days. Boston fans were cool after 08. Left em alone and everything. Go over to the Celtics forum and every thread there is a Laker fan with an opinion. But It's not an opinion they just want there championship sigs clustered all through out our forum.

ARMIN12NBA
06-20-2010, 09:40 PM
The Laker fan base has been rude and obnoxious these last few days. Boston fans were cool after 08. Left em alone and everything. Go over to the Celtics forum and every thread there is a Laker fan with an opinion. But It's not an opinion they just want there championship sigs clustered all through out our forum.

Not really. I am not condoning any Laker fans actions who trolls through the Celtics forum (I haven't even checked out the Celtics forum), but that was certainly not the case with every Boston fan. Some were cool and some weren't. As is life.

ManRam
06-20-2010, 09:50 PM
This is basically turning into "my fan-base is less classless than yours". I don't see any productive discussion resulting from this. It is what it is: a Boston sports-talk show hung up on Bill Walton. Arguing about whether or not it is classless is a futile argument.