PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook already working out

Swashcuff
06-20-2010, 12:13 PM
In a typical workout, Rose will put up 400 or so shots from around the floor, focusing on his three-pointer. The players work on ball handling, lateral movement, creating a shot off one or two dribbles, dribbling full court to a pull-up jumper and reading the ball screen.

400 shots per session doesn't sound that impressive to me. We had rumors of Tyrus doing 700 shots a couple summers ago. However, at the bottom the workout is compared to someone doing 7000 shots a week which is far more than 400 per session, so I'm a bit confused.

Either way, I'm sure Rose is working out very hard, and I like the fact he's working with Russell Westbrook since Westbrook can push Rose so hard with his defensive ability.

It's always good to hear some tidbits about a players' off-season, and I like the fact that Rose is working hard and working on his three. However, let's be honest, unless we heard "Derrick Rose is at home sitting on a couch" we'd probably be excited.

So good news for now, but the ultimate proof of how well the off-season is going won't show until next season on the court.

Let's watch as their hard work pays off on the court next season. The battle for best PG in the league can really heat up.

hugepatsfan
06-20-2010, 12:23 PM
This isn't the battle fir best PG in the league. Regardless, it's good to see them putting the work in and both have bright futures ahead fo them.

magichatnumber9
06-20-2010, 12:34 PM
Every player in the league that wasn't involved with the last two playoff rounds or are injured should be into there off season work out programs. If not there's a problem.

poleandreel
06-20-2010, 12:35 PM
westbrook >> rose imo

Swashcuff
06-20-2010, 12:35 PM
This isn't the battle fir best PG in the league. Regardless, it's good to see them putting the work in and both have bright futures ahead fo them.

thats not what i meant my friend... I am just saying that with another year under their belts and with the expectations of both their teams doing well maybe even better than last season the race would be a little more interesting and the gap between Nash, DWill and CP3 as compared to the rest may indeed get smaller. I mean the league is so filled with great young talent at the PG guys who can at any given night be the best player for their team. I didn't say that they are the best.

Swashcuff
06-20-2010, 12:36 PM
westbrook >> rose imo

what does that have to do with anything?

poleandreel
06-20-2010, 12:38 PM
what does that have to do with anything?

nothing lol. this work out will only make westy better. then rose will never be #1 un the league

PC
06-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Let's watch as their hard work pays off on the court next season. The battle for best PG in the league can really heat up.

That will never happen

They're both very good but they're not going to challenge Deron or Cp3

VCaintdead17
06-20-2010, 01:39 PM
westbrook >> rose imo

x2

Swashcuff
06-20-2010, 01:48 PM
That will never happen

dude if someone asked you 6 years ago will Chris Paul or Deron Williams ever be considered as the best PGs in the NBA what would you have said? I mean look at where both Paul and Dwill started and look at where they are at now.... Both their games vastly improved after their first 2 seasons in the league. So who is to say that Westbrook and Rose may not follow. I agree that right now Paul and Will are the best right now but there is no denying the fact that Rose and Russ are both superb and have major potential.

asandhu23
06-20-2010, 01:56 PM
lol Warriors players have been working out since the beginning of post season. big deal

Swashcuff
06-20-2010, 02:15 PM
lol Warriors players have been working out since the beginning of post season. big deal

when i saw that u posted i couldve have sworn it woulda been something along the lines that step curry is already better than both of them or something along those lines.

Eagles4Lyfe
06-20-2010, 02:20 PM
exactly thats what players do in the offseason they train against other players and work on their weaknesses why this deserves a thread someone must be bored

JNA17
06-20-2010, 02:27 PM
Russell Westbrook ftw!!!!

Gators123
06-20-2010, 03:02 PM
KWAME BROWN has been working out for weeks already with the pistons and he knows they wont resign him :laugh2:

Kwame=GOAT

SA5195
06-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Demar Derozan, Sonny Weems, and Amir Johnson have been working out since mid May.

blackjack_119
06-20-2010, 03:26 PM
In their third season, Chris Paul and Deron Williams were the top two PG's in the league. They finally surpassed aging PG's who were finally in their late primes (Nash, Kidd, Billups.)

Entering their third season, Rose and Westbrook aren't in the same conversation as CP3 and D-Will both of whom will be entering their primes. It is extremely doubtful that either Rose or Westbrook will ever be considered better than either CP3 or D-Will because if history is any indicator, both will steadily improve over the next 4-5 years.

Swashcuff
06-20-2010, 03:40 PM
In their third season, Chris Paul and Deron Williams were the top two PG's in the league. They finally surpassed aging PG's who were finally in their late primes (Nash, Kidd, Billups.)

Entering their third season, Rose and Westbrook aren't in the same conversation as CP3 and D-Will both of whom will be entering their primes. It is extremely doubtful that either Rose or Westbrook will ever be considered better than either CP3 or D-Will because if history is any indicator, both will steadily improve over the next 4-5 years.

dude the point is that both CP3 and especially D-Will vastly improved in their 3rd year and as you correctly said are going to keep improving. So who is to say its out of the realm of possibility for Rose or Westbrook to make a huge enough leap to make top 3 consideration. They both have the potential.

I do agree that Paul and Dwill are the best and there is no real contest there. But It will also be interesting if one of the other are going to step their game up.

Pauleboman
06-20-2010, 03:40 PM
That will never happen

I just dont see any sense to this statement..Do you have any reasons in particular because Rose and westbrook are pretty close already in there 2nd year..

central2003
06-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Best PG Hmmm... Not if Tyreke Evans has anything to say about that. The ROY has already started to work out and plans on working out, esp since he is going to be in the National team.

dtmagnet
06-20-2010, 04:42 PM
I just dont see any sense to this statement..Do you have any reasons in particular because Rose and westbrook are pretty close already in there 2nd year..

I wouldn't say they are close yet, they need to improve a lot this year before you can say that.

avrpatsfan
06-20-2010, 04:42 PM
That will never happen

Or Rondo :p

Team*Chicago
06-20-2010, 04:51 PM
That is nothing new Rose and Westbrook always works out, they've been working out since they enter the league and Rose is already good as CP3 and D.Williams and he's already superior to Rajon Rondo and the other PGs in the league.

Nocioni5
06-20-2010, 04:53 PM
Or Rondo :p

I think rondo needs to learn to hit a Jump shot before he can even be mentioned in the same paragraph as Cp3 and Dwill. :D

Nocioni5
06-20-2010, 04:56 PM
That is nothing new Rose and Westbrook always works out, they've been working out since they enter the league and Rose is already good as CP3 and D.Willian and he's already superior to Rajon Rondo and the other PGs in the league.

:no:This is the stuff that gets us Bulls fan's bad reputations on the NBA Forum.

iFYouSeekAmy
06-20-2010, 05:24 PM
when i saw that u posted i couldve have sworn it woulda been something along the lines that step curry is already better than both of them or something along those lines.

Nope. He has changed.

I would see him post Monta Ellis though, but I'm not sure if he sees him as a PG or SG.

thekmp211
06-20-2010, 05:33 PM
:no:This is the stuff that gets us Bulls fan's bad reputations on the NBA Forum.

YUP

derrick rose is definitely better than the best player on a team that made it to the finals.

Team*Chicago
06-20-2010, 05:34 PM

For what our reputation will get even more worse IF the Bulls get LeBron and win multiple championships. Most of us don't care about what kind of reputation we have anyway since nonBulls hearts are filled with evil and growing hatred towards the Bulls.

DengelBerry
06-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Russell Westbrook ftw!!!!

x2

DengelBerry
06-20-2010, 05:38 PM
That is nothing new Rose and Westbrook always works out, they've been working out since they enter the league and Rose is already good as CP3 and D.Williams and he's already superior to Rajon Rondo and the other PGs in the league.

I wouldn't go that far....

kozelkid
06-20-2010, 05:42 PM
YUP

derrick rose is definitely better than the best player on a team that made it to the finals.

Paul Pierce?
And it was a collective effort regardless.
Personally I think Rondo and Rose are equal, depending on your team. If Rose as on the Celtics, no I don't think the Celtics would have been as good. With that said, I doubt Bulls would have made the playoffs with Rondo instead of Rose.

thekmp211
06-20-2010, 05:57 PM
Paul Pierce?
And it was a collective effort regardless.
Personally I think Rondo and Rose are equal, depending on your team. If Rose as on the Celtics, no I don't think the Celtics would have been as good. With that said, I doubt Bulls would have made the playoffs with Rondo instead of Rose.

ha no not pierce..

i agree with that assessment. rondo is a great fit for the celtics. i think rose has the overall talent to be a better player but he just hasn't done anything with it yet.

at the end of the day the point of the game is winning and rondo has been a winner. moreso, he has often times been the best player on an elite team and that is an accomplishment whether or not the stats are mind blowing.

if rose carries his hot steak through for a full season, i might change my mind next season. for now, though, rose has nothing to compare with rondo. they are in different conversations.

kozelkid
06-20-2010, 06:03 PM
ha no not pierce..

Really?
And who carried the Celtics in the Orlando series and the LA series?
In the end of the day, when the Celtics need a big bucket, the ball always goes to Paul Pierce, not Rajon Rondo. Paul is the leader.

i agree with that assessment. rondo is a great fit for the celtics. i think rose has the overall talent to be a better player but he just hasn't done anything with it yet.

So leading a mediocre team to the playoffs 2 years in a row is nothing?
Or being a huge factor in making one of the greatest playoff series is nothing.

at the end of the day the point of the game is winning and rondo has been a winner. moreso, he has often times been the best player on an elite team and that is an accomplishment whether or not the stats are mind blowing.

Except he hasn't been the best player.
If you really think Rondo could have been on the Bulls and led them to the playoffs this year, I'd call you crazy. Pierce definitely could have done it though. Rose did it. However, again I'll admit, for what the Celtics have, Rondo is definitely better.

if rose carries his hot steak through for a full season, i might change my mind next season. for now, though, rose has nothing to compare with rondo. they are in different conversations.

Different conversations cause they are different roles as I pointed out in the beginning. One has to carry the team on his shoulders, the other has to manage the team. Two different things. One is better at one thing, the other is better at the other, simple as that.

Niro
06-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Every player in the league that wasn't involved with the last two playoff rounds or are injured should be into there off season work out programs. If not there's a problem.

this
warriors should be working out since the second round.
its not that tough to lift weights and get shots off

Bullsfan22
06-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Special players get hated the most.

td0tsfinest
06-20-2010, 07:13 PM
:eyebrow:

A lot of players have already been working out. Brandon Jennings, Demar Derozan, Amir Johnson, James Harden were all in California part of the Drew League about 3-4 weeks ago.

Right now, DeRozan, Weems, Johnson, Jarret Jack are all in Toronto working out. Its not a suprise that these two are working out as well.

xxcubs22xx
06-20-2010, 07:13 PM
Special players get hated the most.

word

kozelkid
06-20-2010, 07:19 PM
:eyebrow:

A lot of players have already been working out. Brandon Jennings, Demar Derozan, Amir Johnson, James Harden were all in California part of the Drew League about 3-4 weeks ago.

Right now, DeRozan, Weems, Johnson, Jarret Jack are all in Toronto working out. Its not a suprise that these two are working out as well.

To be fair, it's not like a Bulls fans even made this thread.... (not pointing you out specifically) so before people start having a hissy fit about Bulls fans being annoying and what not, consider that.

Bullsfan22
06-20-2010, 07:35 PM
To be fair, it's not like a Bulls fans even made this thread.... (not pointing you out specifically) so before people start having a hissy fit about Bulls fans being annoying and what not, consider that.

That doesn't matter. any chance people get on this forum to throw a hissy fit or complain about the Bulls and how Derrick Rose sucks and have down syndrome they will. Sometimes I wonder is people jealous?

Team*Chicago
06-20-2010, 08:04 PM
I wouldn't go that far....

I wouldn't go that far either(You Lakers fans think Kobe Bryant is the greatest of all time and is better than Michael Jordan).:eyebrow:

D Roses Bulls
06-20-2010, 08:35 PM

Seriously WHO THE F CARES!!!!!! I mean some people act like if bulls fans stay quiet that people will like the team. who cares!!!!! pistons fans, cavs fans, boston fans, and ect will never like the bulls. get that through your heads. i mean seriously..... this isnt a popularity contest guys. its a internet sports forum. please psd recruit more adults that get this concept

Gators123
06-20-2010, 09:05 PM
Arguments on PSD>>>>>>arguments on any other forum

Kyle916
06-20-2010, 10:01 PM
This thread is stupid because I don't know what players aren't working out aside from the Lakers and Celtics players.

Nocioni5
06-22-2010, 12:40 AM
Seriously WHO THE F CARES!!!!!! I mean some people act like if bulls fans stay quiet that people will like the team. who cares!!!!! pistons fans, cavs fans, boston fans, and ect will never like the bulls. get that through your heads. i mean seriously..... this isnt a popularity contest guys. its a internet sports forum. please psd recruit more adults that get this concept

PSD should get an age limit of 18+ is what it needs. I'm a bulls fan and even I get annoyed when time after time I see people post on NBA Forum that Derrick Rose is the best point guard in the league when he clearly is not at this point in his career. What do you expect people to agree, when Statistics clearly show that he is not. I don't doubt that he could one day, hopefully soon but just not yet. I just saw a poster say Joakim Noah is the best center in the league. We can all be homers but if you don't want to get bashing responses you should probably post this in the bulls forum.

Southsideheat
06-22-2010, 10:54 AM
westbrook >> rose imo

the thing is, Westbrook disappeared once Kobe started to guard him. LA wouldn't have even considered doing that against Rose because it wouldn't of worked.

DaBUU
06-22-2010, 10:59 AM
That doesn't matter. any chance people get on this forum to throw a hissy fit or complain about the Bulls and how Derrick Rose sucks and have down syndrome they will. Sometimes I wonder is people jealous?

dont forget according to PSD Noah sucks now too and there is like a list of 15centers better than him.

mikantsass
06-22-2010, 11:20 AM
Good for Rose and Westbrook. They are the future of the league and definately should be trying to get better especially since they were both bounced in the 1st round. I think this is a little blown over proportion because i bet 90% of the NBA is starting to work out, but still. It is interesting because for their whole career these two will be compared to each other (probably along with Rondo too) and it is good to see that each of them are working hard to get better.

BoSox47
06-22-2010, 11:21 AM
Rondo>deron>nash>cp>westbrook>rose

Swashcuff
06-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Rondo>deron>nash>cp>westbrook>rose

:facepalm: immature much?

BoSox47
06-22-2010, 11:28 AM
wouldnt say immature i was jsut saying who i thought the best pg's in the league were...

Southsideheat
06-22-2010, 12:01 PM
I like Rondo but his hands are too big for him to ever be a consistent shooter. Because of it, he'll put some pretty bad games out there, and top PG don't do those as often as he does.

Swashcuff
06-22-2010, 12:07 PM
wouldnt say immature i was jsut saying who i thought the best pg's in the league were...

put Chris Paul or Deron Williams on the Celts and the champs would be parading in Boston not LA

kozelkid
06-22-2010, 12:26 PM
I like Rondo but his hands are too big for him to ever be a consistent shooter. Because of it, he'll put some pretty bad games out there, and top PG don't do those as often as he does.

Well thanks to his hands he's also one of the best rebounding pgs, a very good passer and stealer. So you win some, you lose some. :shrug:

Southsideheat
06-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Well thanks to his hands he's also one of the best rebounding pgs, a very good passer and stealer. So you win some, you lose some. :shrug:

Exactly, he is what he is. That's why its hard to value these guys against eachother. It's all about what a team value's most at that particular time with that particular team.

Tyreke20-5-5
06-22-2010, 02:18 PM
cool. i've been working out too