PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Doesn't Want To Think About Facing LeBron, Wade Combo

JordansBulls
06-20-2010, 10:31 AM
http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/22663026?source=rss_blogs_NBA

Asked by an enterprising reporter about the daunting possibility of facing a team with, say, LeBron and Wade in next yearís Finals, Bryant shot back, ďWhat is it with you? You want to just emotionally drain me? I donít want to think about that. Those guys, Iíve seen those guys up close and personal. I donít want to think about playing against both of them at the same time. I want to enjoy this for a little bit.Ē

Byronicle
06-20-2010, 10:37 AM
who would, it be almost cheating.

its never going to happen though, both guys want the ball in their hands

marlinsfan24
06-20-2010, 10:39 AM
^What he said, with the right supporting cast, that team could contend to break the Bulls best record.

kntresistheheat
06-20-2010, 10:41 AM
It would be sick! I remember kobe saying a while back "I can see those two playing together one day" Unfortunally, I don't see it happening either:(

magichatnumber9
06-20-2010, 10:46 AM
That would be bad for the NBA in general.

kntresistheheat
06-20-2010, 10:52 AM
That would be bad for the NBA in general.

Okay, Then we will just let Lakers,Boston,Orlando,Cavs,ect... Get all the good players and watch them win every year:rolleyes: It will be great for the NBA, TV ratings will go up, Jersey's sales,....ect

NZ_Lakers!
06-20-2010, 10:57 AM
I dont understand why wade or lebron wouldnt join each other, i mean hello it would mean multiple championships, are their egos really that big?....

kntresistheheat
06-20-2010, 11:01 AM
I dont understand why wade or lebron wouldnt join each other, i mean hello it would mean multiple championships, are their egos really that big?....

That is what Im saying!?!?....and Yes' Lebron ego is that big!

jackdawson
06-20-2010, 11:19 AM
LeBron is such a diva and a stat-conscious guy that it won't happen. Wade's ego is not big and he only wants to win.

Swashcuff
06-20-2010, 11:29 AM
I would LOVVEEEE to see this happen but then the question will arise..... Who's team is it?

Is Wade going to say what he said when Shaq came.... "it's my team but Shaq's (in this case LeBron if it happens) world.

SwaggaIke
06-20-2010, 11:35 AM
I don't think LeBron would be comfortable being Robin to Dwyane.

Eagles4Lyfe
06-20-2010, 11:38 AM
He's not afraid of facing them the dudes just done winning a championship ask him next year if they do pair up he wont care

kntresistheheat
06-20-2010, 11:39 AM
I don't think LeBron would be comfortable being Robin to Dwyane.

Its like someone mention earlier, If lebron put's his ego to the side...Everything would be all good:D

Big Quett
06-20-2010, 11:43 AM
That is what Im saying!?!?....and Yes' Lebron ego is that big!

And people are crazy if they believe Wade's ego isnt as big. EVERY star players ego is big thats what makes them who they are.

Swashcuff
06-20-2010, 11:47 AM
And people are crazy if they believe Wade's ego isnt as big. EVERY star players ego is big thats what makes them who they are.

true

Lakers211221
06-20-2010, 12:28 PM
I can see Wade + Bosh in Miami and James + Amare in NY (or NJ)...book it!

tr4shb0t
06-20-2010, 12:34 PM
that would be a lot of cheap free throws

Avenged
06-20-2010, 01:41 PM
He was asked about this in the postgame interview and didn't want to think about it. I think you guys are taking it the wrong way. They asked him at the thought of playing against those guys right after winning the championship and he laughed it off saying he wants to enjoy his championship first.

Wade_County
06-20-2010, 02:24 PM
If i was Kobe i wouldnt worry either cause its not happening!

Raidaz4Life
06-20-2010, 02:27 PM
I don't think Lebron wants anyone stealing his spotlight.

kozelkid
06-20-2010, 02:32 PM

Not true.
Duncan doesn't, Stockton didn't, Nash doesn't... I could go on...

ChiSox219
06-20-2010, 02:36 PM
A true legend would respond:

Bring it

Raps08-09 Champ
06-20-2010, 02:40 PM
LeBron is such a diva and a stat-conscious guy that it won't happen. Wade's ego is not big and he only wants to win.

Every star player's ego is big.

Wade is just more humble than other stars.

And I know Wade was there first but why does Lebron have to be Robier.n to Wade? Cuz Lebron is the better player.

lvlheaded
06-20-2010, 02:45 PM
If they both come to New York it would be both their team :D

Kevj77
06-20-2010, 02:51 PM
He was asked about this in the postgame interview and didn't want to think about it. I think you guys are taking it the wrong way. They asked him at the thought of playing against those guys right after winning the championship and he laughed it off saying he wants to enjoy his championship first.Yup. He isn't scared he just wanted to enjoy the moment.

SouljahPhil...
06-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Wow! so many stupid people around here..Especially the haters...

Do you even know how to read and analyze? Do it before you post so that you won't look like an idiot if you aren't already one...Stupid fool..lol

kozelkid
06-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Every star player's ego is big.

Wade is just more humble than other stars.

And I know Wade was there first but why does Lebron have to be Robier.n to Wade? Cuz Lebron is the better player.

Because the Heat are Wade's team and he already has a ring.
I agree with you Lebron, is definitely better. However, he will still be looked at as a side kick because of it.

Also is it just me or does it seem like that any discussion there is about Kobe, Laker fans always seem to have the word "hater" somewhere in their posts.

dnl123
06-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Apprarently if you don't agree that Kobe is the best player in the league you're a hater.

Chacarron
06-20-2010, 03:46 PM
He was asked about this in the postgame interview and didn't want to think about it. I think you guys are taking it the wrong way. They asked him at the thought of playing against those guys right after winning the championship and he laughed it off saying he wants to enjoy his championship first.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

still1ballin
06-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Kobe will never back down to any challenge. That question was asked at the wrong time, but at the end he said to the reporter "What do you think" implying that yeah he doesn't mind facing them. Kobe is a competitor and will take any challenges that will be brought upon him.

still1ballin
06-20-2010, 03:49 PM
A true legend would respond:

Bring it

If he says that then people will bag on Kobe saying he is too cocky and has a big ego.

CowboysKB24
06-20-2010, 03:50 PM
It would ruin the game.

LBJ and Wade are the two best players in this league, putting them together is stupid. Their careers would be like overrated IMO. I'd like watching it, but it would be too dominate.

97NYer
06-20-2010, 03:58 PM
How is Wade/LeBron unfair and Jordan/Pippen fair?

xxseven72ducexx
06-20-2010, 04:01 PM
Kobe will never back down to any challenge. That question was asked at the wrong time, but at the end he said to the reporter "What do you think" implying that yeah he doesn't mind facing them. Kobe is a competitor and will take any challenges that will be brought upon him.

First off, how is Kobe gonna back down to LeBron and Wade? What is he gonna tell Phil Jackson he's scared and won't play that night? And second, come on, who wouldn't be afraid to face BOTH LeBron and Wade on the same team? That would be the best duo in NBA history in my opinion...never has there been a combination like that where both players are in the Top 5 talent-wise...I mean don't get me wrong Michael and Scottie, Stockton and Malone, Magic and Kareem, Bird and McHale were all amazing but this would top all of those combinations and would make for one hell a team wherever they go whether it be Miami, New York or even the Clippers...wish it was actually going to happen but i don't think were that lucky

still1ballin
06-20-2010, 04:02 PM
It would ruin the game.

LBJ and Wade are the two best players in this league, putting them together is stupid. Their careers would be like overrated IMO. I'd like watching it, but it would be too dominate.

Nah, I would not mind. Let them join because if they do, they have all the pressure to win a championship and if they don't, it would be an epic failure and would really hurt their reputation.

avrpatsfan
06-20-2010, 04:19 PM
"You want to just emotionally drain me? I donít want to think about that. Those guys, Iíve seen those guys up close and personal. I donít want to think about playing against both of them at the same time." They are taking it the right way. He said it drains him to think of him having to play both of them.

Avenged
06-20-2010, 04:22 PM
"You want to just emotionally drain me? I donít want to think about that. Those guys, Iíve seen those guys up close and personal. I donít want to think about playing against both of them at the same time." They are taking it the right way. He said it drains him to think of him having to play both of them.

Yes but his tone of voice isn't how it is being portrayed on here. He was laughing about it the whole time.

avrpatsfan
06-20-2010, 04:30 PM
Apprarently if you don't agree that Kobe is the best player in the league you're a hater.
Not at all really. Lebron is better overall it's hard to be better than Kobe. Just think, if you put Lebron on the Lakers do they ever not win the NBA championship? The Cavs wouldn't be as close as good as they are if they have Kobe. Lebron doesn't have Gasol, Odom, Artest, and Bynum. Every one of these players are better than the 2nd best player on the Cavs. Being objective is not being a hater. I hate Lebron WAY more than I hate Kobe but Lebron is better overall.

ChiSox219
06-20-2010, 04:31 PM
If he says that then people will bag on Kobe saying he is too cocky and has a big ego.

No, if he said something like "I will 100% crush a Lebron-Wade team", then he'd be too cocky. IF he's the best player in the league, as some Kobe fans (wrongly) claim, he should be able to compete with Lebron/Wade when he has another top 10 player in Gasol and Bynum/Odom are somewhere in the top 50.

How is Wade/LeBron unfair and Jordan/Pippen fair?

Who said Jordan/Pippen was fair? :D

krazylegz
06-20-2010, 04:43 PM
lebron and d-wade in cleveland would be sickening

DengelBerry
06-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Okay, Then we will just let Lakers,Boston,Orlando,Cavs,ect... Get all the good players and watch them win every year:rolleyes: It will be great for the NBA, TV ratings will go up, Jersey's sales,....ect

Didn't the Heat win in 06? When has Orlando or Cavs? im pretty sure Heat had chances too.

DR. Pepper
06-20-2010, 06:03 PM

exactly why wade has a championship ring and Lebron doesnt.. if lebron wants to be mentioned with kobe and MJ he would ink the contract next to Dwade. Lebron or no Lebron im betting the heat will sign someone maybe 2 guys and Dwade will end up adding to his jewelry collection

cypherthor
06-20-2010, 06:41 PM
I personally think Kobe would enjoy the chalange.... I am not a laker fan but it seems to me he likes hard matchups. I think he just said that because he wanted to enjoy his ring. Ask him again next year and the answer will be very different.

RaiderLakersA's
06-20-2010, 08:02 PM
Kobe will never back down to any challenge. That question was asked at the wrong time, but at the end he said to the reporter "What do you think???" implying that yeah he doesn't mind facing them. Kobe is a competitor and will take any challenges that will be brought upon him.

Exactly! I hate it when people take things out of context.

Kobe was clearly laughing and trying to deflect, but in the end, he indicated that he'd be up to the challenge. He'd have to be. Kobe wants to win titles, and while he's not afraid to admit when another team can present a tough match up for him, don't mistake that as fear. Kobe loves a challenge.

Honestly, I am almost to the point where I hope that LeBron, Wade, and either Bosh or Amare do sign together. Why?

The last time that someone put together a "super friends" (i.e., Garnett, Pierce, Allen) the Lakers eventually benefited by adding talent (Gasol, Artest) and stepping up their game. Melo's contract is up next season, while Durant's could be a restricted free agent in 2011, if he doesn't sign a contract extension this summer. I could easily see a small market franchise like OK having to part with Durant...to the awaiting arms of Dr. Buss and the Lakers.

So even if a team of LeBron, Wade, Bosh/Amare were to form, it would be short-lived domination. And even then, I like my Lakers chances against them, as long as we're healthy.

E.O.21
06-20-2010, 09:41 PM

:eyebrow:

slack_justin
06-20-2010, 09:55 PM
stupid thread and article, of course he doesnt wana think about it. he's old now and he JUST won a championship.

IndiansFan337
06-20-2010, 10:39 PM
http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/22663026?source=rss_blogs_NBA

I don't think any NBA player wants to see that tandem on the same team, aside from in the All-Star Game.

The Raven
06-21-2010, 05:58 AM
who would, it be almost cheating.

I agree. That would just be an instant KO for any team that faces them. They'd be almost impossible to beat