PDA

View Full Version : Mock draft remix

Kyben36
06-20-2010, 12:41 AM
1. Wizards – John Wall, PG, Kentucky ( 99% sure on this one )
2. Sixers – Evan Turner, SG, Ohio St. (98% Sure, but leaves a problem with Iggy )
3. Nets – Wesley Johnson, SF, Syracuse ( they have big men, they need a foward, and I dont think that Terrence williams can play Foward, plus, IMO, johnson is the 3rd best player in this draft
4. Timberwolves - Demarcus Cousins, PF, Kentucky ( they need a Big man, would have prefered johnson, but my gut tells me Johnsons gone )
5. Kings – Derrick Favors, PF, GT ( I see him sliping, because personaly, I think he is highly over rated,not nearly a guarenteed 3rd pick
6. Warriors – Greg Monroe, PF Georgetown ( this is my hardes pick yet, the warriors are a very hard team to judge, but they need a big man, and Monroe seems like a guy they might pick)
7. Pistons – Cole Aldridge PF/C, Kansas ( I think this is who the Pistons truely want, I can definitly see him being another Lopez type Center )
8. Clippers – Al-Farouq Aminu, SF, Wake forest ( The clippers need a SF right now, I know they want lebron ( like so many other teams ), but besides SF, I see them an an almost hole less team. I like Aminu on their team as well )
9. Jazz – Xavier Henry, SG, Kansas ( Henry gives them help at 2 possisions they need it, SG/SF, I think he can definitly fit in in Utah, and with the loss of Korver this offseason, This is the direction I see them heading
10. Pacers – Patrick Paterson, PF, Kentucky ( People say that they wont chose a PF, but this is a very deep draft foward/C wise. but not guard wise. I also think that the hansbrough pic has already been decided a bust. They should have picked a PG last year, back on subject though, I think Paterson is the best player avalible right now. I think they take him )
11. Hornets – Hassan Whiteside, C, Marshall ( I personaly see the hornets dealing Okafor and Collison durring the draft. with that said, they have a bigger hole at C then they do at SF, Whiteside gives them that defensive player ( chandler esk ) they they have missed since he got injured and fadded )
12. Grizzlies – Armon Johnson, G, Navada ( the griz's bigest hole seems to be PG, with that being said, I could definitly see them moving out of this spot.
13. Raptors – Ed Davis, PF, NC, ( somebody name me the last NC PF that has made it in the NBA. either way, Ed davis is a value pick, they are likely loosing bosh, and need a PF to rebuild, Davis is a good option for them
14. Rockets – Salam Alabi, C, Florida State ( Whiteside is gone, and they are unsure on Yao's condition. Alabi is a bit of a reach, but gives them a C they surely need )
15. Bucks – Larry Sanders, PF/C, VCU ( The bucks need a Backup C, look what happened last year, I dont see anyone they just have to take at this point, Sanders fills them a need and may be able to develop into their future PF as well )
16. T-Wolves – Pau George, SF Fresno St. ( The T wolves missed on WEsley in my draft, so they pick up a great SF prospect in George with their 2nd pick )
17. Bulls – James Anderson, SG, Oklahoma state ( The bulls miss out on the two players they want in George and henry. James anderson isnt terrible, but not what they where hoping for )
18. Heat – Luke Babbit, SF, NEvada ( The heat have a few holes to fill after his FA, C, SF and PG. Babbit gives them a nice looking SF, especialy since I dont beleive that Beasley can play SF at the NBA level )
19. Celtics –Elliot Williams, SG, Memphis ( ray allen looks as if he is on his way out, Williams gives them a good value guard. )
21. Thunder – Craig Brakins, PF, Iowa State ( The thunder could realy use a big man, Brakins is talented, and I feel like he would fit in there )
22. Trailblazers – Ekpe Udoh, PF Baylor ( I dont see any huge needs for the Blazers, at least, its hard to say with late round picks )
23. T-Wolves – Lance Stephenson, SG Cinci ( The Wolves have no need of a PF, no need of a SF ( after George ), they got a big, they have loads of PGs, now, I feel they go SG )
24. Hawks – Eric Bledso, G Kentucky ( The Hawks could be loosing Johnson, and bibby isnt young. They could use a guard
25. Grizzlies – Terrico White, G MIssissippi
26. Thunder – Jorome Jordon, C
27. Nets – Daniel Orton, PF, Kentucky
28. Grizzlies – Willie Warren, PG/SG, Oklahoma29. Magic – Gordon Heyward, SF
30. Wizards – Devin Ebanks, SF west Virginia

Well, tell me what you guys think

abe_froman
06-20-2010, 01:01 AM
george wont get out of the lotto,my guess is noh takes him and whiteside falls out of the lotto

mtgphenom
06-20-2010, 01:32 AM
how did hayward fall out of the 1st round

boeknows
06-20-2010, 02:02 AM
The Wolves would take Favors before Cousins IMO.

Not sure exactly why the Pacers would take Patterson.

Alabi might not even get drafted in the first round. IMO he is way to high. He wont go before 25.

PhillyLuver
06-20-2010, 02:18 AM
Turner at SG, Iggy at SF. What's the problem?

PhillyLuver
06-20-2010, 02:20 AM
And needs moar Avery Bradley

and Ekpe Udoh

abe_froman
06-20-2010, 02:56 AM
Turner at SG, Iggy at SF. What's the problem?

yeah i dont know why people dont get that?

Kyben36
06-20-2010, 03:21 AM
The Wolves would take Favors before Cousins IMO.

Not sure exactly why the Pacers would take Patterson.

Alabi might not even get drafted in the first round. IMO he is way to high. He wont go before 25.

Favors is a PF, they have 2 of them already in Love and Jeferson, they need a big, plus, Im not sure why favors is rated so high, the guy realy doesnt impress me all the much.

Pacers would take paterson becasue he is the best player avalible as far as I can see. Also, I dont think they beleive that Hansbrough is their future PF either.

Alabi, I can almost guarentee will get drafted in the first. probably mid 20s, the fact is, 7 footers are pretty hard to come by.

abe_froman
06-20-2010, 03:26 AM
Favors is a PF, they have 2 of them already in Love and Jeferson, they need a big, plus, Im not sure why favors is rated so high, the guy realy doesnt impress me all the much.

Pacers would take paterson becasue he is the best player avalible as far as I can see. Also, I dont think they beleive that Hansbrough is their future PF either.

Alabi, I can almost guarentee will get drafted in the first. probably mid 20s, the fact is, 7 footers are pretty hard to come by.

this isnt about whats reasonale,its about getting a read for an org.

yes patterson would be bpa,but if haywood is still there its most likely they grab him..as well patterson has been falling recently,org.'s arent super impressed by him.

agree about alabi,but wouldnt surprise me.first round projected 7 footers drop on draft night all the time..its not as impressive being 7 ft as it use to be

Gators123
06-20-2010, 04:39 AM
Cole Aldrich is dropping in the draft. If Cousins and Monroe are gone by the 7th pick Pistons will pick Ekpe Udoh or Al-Farouq Aminu.

ryguy2k7
06-20-2010, 09:00 PM
I agree with the guy that said Favors is overrated. Did anyone else watch that OTL about DeMarcus Cousins? I thought it was damn good and really think he'll be better than expected. The dude has the passion and drive to completely dominate in the NBA. His passion might get a little over-zealous, but once he matures..he could potentially be a core player.

Wolves take Cousins IMO. I definitely agree.

xmoney328
06-20-2010, 09:49 PM
That Antwan Jamison guy isn't all that bad he's only averaging 20 in his career.... Luke Babbitt won't be there in the 20's much earlier than that.

boeknows
06-20-2010, 10:56 PM

Well the fact that Cousins hasnt even came in for a workout yet with the Wolves and that one of the assistant coaches called Favors an ox and was raving about him i could see him being over Cousins. And with Favors measurements coming out to be 6'10.25 with shoes a 7'4 wingspan and a 9'2 standing reach IMO he could be a center on the Wolves roster.