PDA

View Full Version : Should the Hornets trade Darren Collison?

saintdrew
06-19-2010, 11:11 PM
What do you think?

I've recently read on a lot of these team forums that you want him, but I'll go ahead and tell you that it won't be for a 1st round pick.

AI4MVP
06-19-2010, 11:16 PM
his value is very high right now.

spreadeagle
06-19-2010, 11:29 PM
Yes with Emeca to Toronto for Turk Jose and our 13th pick....

mrker
06-19-2010, 11:32 PM
It won`t be gay....Lakers sounds some what legit option but it won`t be 2 first and expiring...And who do the hornet what to move more Peja, Okafor or posey.They have tons of options, cause if its all about the expiring deals coming back they would be open to anything but, other teams know that too and NO is trying move some BIG money deal..What you think about Raptors (Banks,evans,marco) and Weems or a late round 1 (they buy)

_KB24_
06-19-2010, 11:33 PM
How about you trade that Paul guy ;)

Paul for Bynum :)

kingkenny01
06-19-2010, 11:34 PM
yes because he will never start over chris paul and eventually he will want out

mrker
06-19-2010, 11:37 PM
What is the best Collison deal for the Hornets moving forward?

BradyIsTheMan12
06-19-2010, 11:39 PM
I really think the Blazers would have the most to offer. You know we have trade chips, it just depends on whether or not we prefer an experienced point guard or Collison.

saintdrew
06-19-2010, 11:40 PM
What is the best Collison deal for the Hornets moving forward?

Hmmm, we want a starter. I don't believe we're interested in acquiring 1st round pick(s).

mrker
06-19-2010, 11:42 PM
I really think the Blazers would have the most to offer. You know we have trade chips, it just depends on whether or not we prefer an experienced point guard or Collison.
OUT of posey, Okafor or Peja who does the Blazer take back

Chill_Will_24
06-19-2010, 11:43 PM
If you guys havent got back to winning by the time he hits the market Chris Paul will be gone so i say you keep Collison and cash in on CP3s enourmous return. No one knows how CP3 will come back from his knee surgery. Considering hes a guy who relies heavily on speed this injury could be the devil. His stock might fall next year unless he gets back to his old ways. Cash in now while you got teams offering up top 3 draft picks and good players. I heard New Jersey offered up the 3rd+ CDR and Terrence Wiiliams

mrker
06-19-2010, 11:43 PM
Hmmm, we want a starter. I don't believe we're interested in acquiring 1st round pick(s).

I thought this was about moving BIG contracts and Collison is the bait

dtmagnet
06-19-2010, 11:44 PM
The Raptors will take back Okafor and give you expirings, plus their pick.

mrker
06-19-2010, 11:46 PM
The Raptors will take back Okafor and give you expirings, plus their pick.

NOT the pick,,,Okafur has 54mil left and the hornets are losing money

SeoulBeatz
06-19-2010, 11:51 PM
Yes with Emeca to Toronto for Turk Jose and our 13th pick....

lol, i think it would be hard to GIVE AWAY turkoglu to any team at this point. So basically it would be Calderon and 13th for Collison and Emeka????

think about the other team as well man :)

cav_till_i_die
06-20-2010, 12:04 AM
yes because he will never start over chris paul and eventually he will want out

Exactly, trade him when his value is at its highest.

spreadeagle
06-20-2010, 12:09 AM
lol, i think it would be hard to GIVE AWAY turkoglu to any team at this point. So basically it would be Calderon and 13th for Collison and Emeka????

think about the other team as well man :)

There was just an espn article sayings teams were intrested in Turk but not so much Jose...I think some GM's think Turk just wasnt a good fit in T.O but in the right situation could be as good as he was in orlando..Jose is a 9mil a yr backup PG...but would be great behind Paul

cav_till_i_die
06-20-2010, 12:23 AM
There was just an espn article sayings teams were intrested in Turk but not so much Jose...I think some GM's think Turk just wasnt a good fit in T.O but in the right situation could be as good as he was in orlando..Jose is a 9mil a yr backup PG...but would be great behind Paul

The Hornets are trying to get away from Bad contracts, whats why okafor's included, they wouldnt want either of these players. I'd be shocked if they would be dumb enough to do this.

HOZ THE KNICK
06-20-2010, 12:30 AM
he will be moved on draft night.

jay87shot
06-20-2010, 12:30 AM
The biggest problem is that most teams have good pg's that they are happy with the Lakers would make sense although they have no one good to trade. I could see Phily but they just drafted Jrue Holiday and don't have a lot of peices other than there pick. Maybe the Mavs but I think Kidd wants to play for a couple years which doesn't work.

Daye#5
06-20-2010, 12:55 AM
The biggest problem is that most teams have good pg's that they are happy with the Lakers would make sense although they have no one good to trade. I could see Phily but they just drafted Jrue Holiday and don't have a lot of peices other than there pick. Maybe the Mavs but I think Kidd wants to play for a couple years which doesn't work.

Pistons need a point guard and I would LOVE having collison on the team. He would fit one of the biggest needs we have right now. I could see us taking on okafors contract as well if need be.

Hawkeye15
06-20-2010, 12:59 AM
since it would be clinically insane to trade CP3, I figure, yes, if you can get fair value. You don't trade to trade, but if you can get an upgrade on the perimeter, as far as two way player who can score and defend, its a no brainer

spreadeagle
06-20-2010, 01:00 AM
The Hornets are trying to get away from Bad contracts, whats why okafor's included, they wouldnt want either of these players. I'd be shocked if they would be dumb enough to do this.

We got Banks and Evans thats like 10 mil off the books next yr throw in derozen and thats pretty good.Emeka is way overpaid but we could use a solid C next to Bargs,Collison has only had like a half a good year hes far from a certain star pg but maybe

FOBolous
06-20-2010, 01:49 AM
yes because Collison deserves a chance to be a star and Hornets need better role players

MSG34
06-20-2010, 01:49 AM
Chandler, Curry, Douglas for Collison and Okafor.

mia305king
06-20-2010, 02:22 AM

That's actually not a bad offer imo.

NYK_kidd77
06-20-2010, 07:59 PM
Depends on what they can get with him. They can dump one of their bad contracts with him too.

IndiansFan337
06-20-2010, 10:41 PM
What do you think?

I've recently read on a lot of these team forums that you want him, but I'll go ahead and tell you that it won't be for a 1st round pick.

No, keep him.

They need talent. And Chris Paul hasn't proven to be extremely durable.

saintdrew
06-20-2010, 10:43 PM

That's just dumb. I hope our front office is smarter than that.

blastmasta26
06-20-2010, 10:46 PM
That's just dumb. I hope our front office is smarter than that.
I don't see what's so dumb about it. Curry is expiring, Chandler is a good young SF, and Douglas can be a nice guard off the bench. Knicks take back Okafor's contract and Collison. Might not be the best offer, but both teams benefit and it's not lopsided.

Raidaz4Life
06-20-2010, 10:53 PM
Yes of course

prodigy
06-20-2010, 10:54 PM
Without Chandler the Knicks are not nearly as attractive.

Plus Collison played well when the season was pretty much over for them. So who knows if he's for real. Plus he's really small.

IndiansFan337
06-20-2010, 10:57 PM
I don't see what's so dumb about it. Curry is expiring, Chandler is a good young SF, and Douglas can be a nice guard off the bench. Knicks take back Okafor's contract and Collison. Might not be the best offer, but both teams benefit and it's not lopsided.

I don't think NO would do that. Even though Okafor is tremendously overpaid, he's still an impact big man. They aren't going to dump Collison just to move Okafor.

Jays Claw
06-20-2010, 11:15 PM
I wouldn't mind if the Raptors pick up Emeka Okafor in order to get Darren Collison.

Tony_Starks
06-20-2010, 11:29 PM
I seriously doubt they trade him. They've been needing a solid Pg off the bench to give Paul some relief and they finally got him. CP3's injury was actually a blessing in disguise because it allowed them to see how good Collison was.

Ovratd1up
06-20-2010, 11:42 PM
Gallinari and Curry for Collison and Okafor

Paul . . . . . . .Collison
Thornton . . . .Max FA
Gallinari . . . .Chandler
West . . . . . ..Max FA
Curry . . . . . .Okafor

That's good **** going forward.

phoenix_bladen
06-20-2010, 11:45 PM
Gallinari and Curry for Collison and Okafor

Paul . . . . . . .Collison
Thornton . . . .Max FA
Gallinari . . . .Chandler
West . . . . . ..Max FA
Curry . . . . . .Okafor

That's good **** going forward.

the knicks would never trade gallo

gallo is ranked as pretty much untradeable

MSG34
06-20-2010, 11:45 PM
Without Chandler the Knicks are not nearly as attractive.

Plus Collison played well when the season was pretty much over for them. So who knows if he's for real. Plus he's really small.

I strongly disagree. A team consisting of Gallinari, Collison, Okafor is far more attractive than Curry, Douglas, Chandler and Gallinari. Especially considering we're targeting players playing Chandler's position and our two biggest wholes are center and pg.

NYK_kidd77
06-21-2010, 12:22 AM
I would love the knicks to trade for Collison. Idk if i would give up Douglas and Chandler if we are going to be taking on Okafors contract.

abe_froman
06-21-2010, 12:26 AM
it would take a pretty handsome ransom

Sadds The Gr8
06-21-2010, 12:29 AM
yea they should trade him for a scoring wing player like Rudy Gay/OJ Mayo, or Wilson Chandler

sp1derm00
06-21-2010, 06:53 AM
How about LO and Sasha for Collison and Okafor? Is that a good deal for the Hornets? They get a starter that has less money on contract, plus they get another expiring.

I would love it as a Lakers fan because we get a backup for Bynum and we fill in the PG hole with one of the better prospects in the NBA. We wouldn't need to use the MLE on a PG anymore, so we could focus on getting someone like Mike Miller or Tmac to fill in for LO.