PDA

View Full Version : Which Team(s) Is(are) Most Likely to Challenge the Lakers?

ko8e24
06-19-2010, 05:48 PM
WEST

Dallas Mavericks
Oklahoma City Thunder
Denver Nuggets

EAST

Miami Heat (I believe Amare and another all-star join Wade)-Main contenders
Orlando Magic
Chicago Bulls (If they get LeBron) or Cleveland Cavaliers (If they keep LeBron)

Thoughts.

Frrrrank!!!
06-19-2010, 05:52 PM
lol at you not putting the team that was 5 points away from winning as a contender. :laugh2:

heathonater
06-19-2010, 05:55 PM
oklahoma city
denver
dallas
portland ( if oden gets alot better and they dont get hit by the injury bug again)

other than orlando, it 's really difficult to know right now what eastern teams will challenge the lakers due to free agency.

RaiderLakersA's
06-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Ask this again at the beginning of the season. Or at least wait until all of the major FA's have signed.

CowboysKB24
06-19-2010, 06:02 PM
A little too early to tell because the FA hasn't happened yet.

Right now though... no one really.

Celtics most likely won't be as strong with the guys getting older and losing some guys.
Cavs won't be there unless they sign LBJ and more.
No one in the West right now.

The team that is most likely to challenge LA is whoever lands two big time FAs. Some team is going to challenge them, we just have to wait until FA is over. I think next year it probably will be even harder to win it again.

CowboysKB24
06-19-2010, 06:05 PM
Thunder should challenge them.

If Heat get Amare than they will be competing in the East. It is just way to early to start speculating.

ko8e24
06-19-2010, 06:08 PM
lol at you not putting the team that was 5 points away from winning as a contender. :laugh2:

They're done. Ray Ray is gone, Doc is gone. Thibodeau, defensive identity on that coaching staff is now gone. They are going to be in the middle of the pack of the East for next 2 yrs, and then KG retires, Pierce declines in skills, and they rebuild.

Raidaz4Life
06-19-2010, 06:09 PM
Ask this again at the beginning of the season. Or at least wait until all of the major FA's have signed.

Exactly... the whole landscape of the powerhouses could literally change overnight

matt800
06-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Don't forget about Portland. If they are healthy next year they will be hard to beat.

RaiderLakersA's
06-19-2010, 06:15 PM
And we're also assuming here that the Lakers will stand pat with our current roster...which we won't. It's too early to tell. Some crazy %*^& could happen during the offseason. We'll know more in just two short weeks.

central2003
06-19-2010, 06:30 PM
Ya it all depends on FA, so it a little too early to tell but we can always make a guess and mine would be

East: Cleveland (if James decides to stay), Orlando, Miami (if Wade stays and gets another star there), Hell even Knicks can be in the picture depending on what they do this off season.. and last but not least Chicago (if they get James) they will be a favorite to go toe to toe with LA.

West: This will be a make it or break it year for San Antonio (If they keep Parker), Dallas (If Dirk stays), I will even be bold and say the Rockets will makea push for the playoffs this year IF and I say if because Yao, Portland will def try to make a run for it this year and it will be the year Oden will either be a bust or star, Denver of course, and I wish I could add my Sac Kings and see another legendary face off against the Lakers but only time will tell if Kings franchise superstar (Tyreke Evans) and the rest of the young talents maybe even adding Cousins and Dalembert, could make a push to some how grab the 8th or 7th spot in the west.

iFYouSeekAmy
06-19-2010, 06:43 PM
Warriors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvxeJ6LbiKc

cubs0707
06-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Ya it all depends on FA, so it a little too early to tell but we can always make a guess and mine would be

East: Cleveland (if James decides to stay), Orlando, Miami (if Wade stays and gets another star there), Hell even Knicks can be in the picture depending on what they do this off season.. and last but not least Chicago (if they get James) they will be a favorite to go toe to toe with LA.

West: This will be a make it or break it year for San Antonio (If they keep Parker), Dallas (If Dirk stays), I will even be bold and say the Rockets will makea push for the playoffs this year IF and I say if because Yao, Portland will def try to make a run for it this year and it will be the year Oden will either be a bust or star, Denver of course, and I wish I could add my Sac Kings and see another legendary face off against the Lakers but only time will tell if Kings franchise superstar (Tyreke Evans) and the rest of the young talents maybe even adding Cousins and Dalembert, could make a push to some how grab the 8th or 7th spot in the west.
i like the kings chances of making the 8th seed

TheKing23
06-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Whatever team LeBron is on.

ko8e24
06-19-2010, 07:05 PM

:facepalm:

cubs0707
06-19-2010, 07:06 PM

then why didnt he get out of the second round this year :rolleyes:

iFYouSeekAmy
06-19-2010, 07:12 PM

Lakers for the minimum?

cubs0707
06-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Lakers for the minimum?
your kidding right

JNA17
06-19-2010, 07:20 PM

so how does it feel to be a whatever team lebron is on fan?

cubs0707
06-19-2010, 07:22 PM
lol
hes waiting to find out what banwaggon he has to jump on

JordansBulls
06-19-2010, 07:24 PM
WEST

Dallas Mavericks
Oklahoma City Thunder
Denver Nuggets

EAST

Miami Heat (I believe Amare and another all-star join Wade)-Main contenders
Orlando Magic
Chicago Bulls (If they get LeBron) or Cleveland Cavaliers (If they keep LeBron)

Thoughts.

Not sure how Free Agency's will shape, but at least I would say the same teams as last year in the East.

cubs0707
06-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Not sure how Free Agency's will shape, but at least I would say the same teams as last year in the East.
okc could get bosh

el28282
06-19-2010, 07:26 PM
Boston is the team that can beat LAL if the officals do not make "mistakes" in favor on LAL

mrker
06-19-2010, 07:27 PM

See what the team looks like in about 3 months and you will know why..

BkOriginalOne
06-19-2010, 07:32 PM
I would have to say Nuggets and Thunder.

The Thunder will find a big man this season (David Lee) that will give them a new dynamic and make them an upper tier team in the west.

The Nuggets have always been their biggest threat and I can't see George Karl not deepening the bench for their last Billups playoff run - Oh, and expect Melo, to be just a little better - same goes for Ty Lawson.

ko8e24
06-19-2010, 07:43 PM
congrats on your lakers

thankz yoz

cubs0707
06-19-2010, 07:45 PM
why did all the comments get deleted

ko8e24
06-19-2010, 07:46 PM
why did all the comments get deleted

no clue, I wish Mods would give an explanation as to why. Unless if we mistaken the user as a banned guy who returned. Maybe he's an actual new user. Dunno.

iFYouSeekAmy
06-19-2010, 07:47 PM
Spam or potential bait?

oregonbronco
06-19-2010, 07:48 PM
The Blazers are the only team that match the Lakers Height if they stay healthy they should compete. But the Lakers have to be large favorites

cubs0707
06-19-2010, 07:48 PM
no clue, I wish Mods would give an explanation as to why. Unless if we mistaken the user as a banned guy who returned. Maybe he's an actual new user. Dunno.
i said congrats on the lakers an it got deleted

i mean this is a basketball fourm right

ko8e24
06-19-2010, 07:50 PM
i said congrats on the lakers an it got deleted

i mean this is a basketball fourm right

It used to be, but now, it's like David Stern is running this place. It's a dictatorship here unfortunately.

JNA17
Spam or potential bait?

your sig is very very long when i click on it lol

JNA17
It used to be, but now, it's like David Stern is running this place. It's a dictatorship here unfortunately.

I was gonna say the same thing, nice :laugh2: :clap:

iFYouSeekAmy
06-19-2010, 07:51 PM
your sig is very very long when i click on it lol

Shhh.:cool:

cubs0707
06-19-2010, 07:52 PM
dbroncos78087 is on a powertrip

king4day
06-19-2010, 07:52 PM
They're done. Ray Ray is gone, Doc is gone. Thibodeau, defensive identity on that coaching staff is now gone. They are going to be in the middle of the pack of the East for next 2 yrs, and then KG retires, Pierce declines in skills, and they rebuild.

Then we can say Kobe will regress and Bynum will miss the whole year with another knee injury. Just cuz the Lakers barely beat Boston doesn't mean the Celtics are no longer good. And we don't know that Allen is gone or their D will regress.
This thread has to wait until after Free Agency.

cubs0707
06-19-2010, 07:53 PM
Shhh.:cool:
thats the best sig ive ever seen

cubs0707
06-19-2010, 07:54 PM
the mods either need to talk with us or gtfo

iFYouSeekAmy
06-19-2010, 07:55 PM
thats the best sig ive ever seen

Why thank you sir/mam/madame, your signature is quite thoughtful I suppose.

cubs0707
06-19-2010, 07:57 PM
sir lol

and yes it took a long time to come up with it

i had one before but some bs mod told me it was to big so

ko8e24
06-19-2010, 07:58 PM
the mods either need to talk with us or gtfo

well, we've gotten off topic with that new user trying to bait and troll, dbronocos deleting posts, us complaining about the mods, and people talkin about other people's sig.

This thread is now just useless, and it should be closed or deleted all together.

Avenged
06-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Way to kill a thread guys lol :p

cubs0707
06-19-2010, 07:59 PM
this thread shouldnt be made till after free agency

ko8e24
06-19-2010, 08:00 PM
this thread shouldnt be made till after free agency

Yeah, my bad man.

cubs0707
06-19-2010, 08:01 PM
but who cares if ppl dont like it then dont watch

apocalypse15
06-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Congrats to the Lakers, BUT I must say Boston could have won that game 7 just as the Lakers did. 32.5%??? That was the Lakers shooting %. Their foul shooting was 67.7%, now if you were told before tip-off that the Lakers would only shoot 32.5% from the field would you think it was a W? It was another great series for us as fans. Nobody respected the Celtics in their last 3 series, and by losing game 7 by 4 in the finals they still aren't getting respect they deserved. To answer the question it is 2 days removed from the end of the Finals.

iFYouSeekAmy
06-19-2010, 08:14 PM
Congrats to the Lakers, BUT I must say Boston could have won that game 7 just as the Lakers did. 32.5%??? That was the Lakers shooting %. Their foul shooting was 67.7%, now if you were told before tip-off that the Lakers would only shoot 32.5% from the field would you think it was a W? It was another great series for us as fans. Nobody respected the Celtics in their last 3 series, and by losing game 7 by 4 in the finals they still aren't getting respect they deserved. To answer the question it is 2 days removed from the end of the Finals.
Boston should've sealed it, too bad they didn't.

I think Boston gave Game 7 to the Lakers IMO. Good teams shouldn't give up a lead, nor should they give the Lakers free points (Foul shooting). Meh, in the end the better team wins, and the Lakers proved it.

TheKing23
06-19-2010, 08:38 PM

Whatever happens this offseason, i'll still be a Cavs fan... Ain't nothing gonna change me supporting the team I love.

I'm just being realistic in the fact LeBron could leave and believe if he leaves whatever team he goes to will place the necessary pieces around him to contend...

I suppose your lack of maturity won't be able to comprehend such rational thinking though :rolleyes:

Akshay
06-19-2010, 09:21 PM
Maybe Orlando, only if they can sign a good shooter who can help dwight in the paint as well. Or the Bulls, if they sign 'Bron or any big name free agent as rumored.

RadiantShot
06-19-2010, 09:30 PM

Definitely this.
I don't think you can put Miami up there yet. Please don't enter someone who didn't make it past the first round. Just because they 'might' get a 'star,' doesn't mean they will for a sure fact. Cleveland, Orlando, Boston, and Denver, are all on track to contend with LA, if not more teams.

fadedmario
06-19-2010, 09:44 PM
Celtics or Thunder

NYK_kidd77
06-19-2010, 09:48 PM
I think the Thunder may especially if they can add a big to their roster. But its a little early to tell so many teams may look significantly different next year.

TFATLizard
06-19-2010, 09:52 PM

EXACTLY! As it stands now Probably a healthy Portland or Denver in the West. Over all, I think Orlando is biggest threat right now. but if Lebron resigns with Cleveland I wouldn't be surprised to see knicks sign maybe Johnson and Amare or Bosh and pole vault everyone.

shep33
06-19-2010, 09:53 PM
I think OKC could be the 2nd best team in the west next year.

If the Jazz lose Boozer, and the Suns lose Amare they're likely to be worse, unless they can manage to sign a guy like David Lee.

We've been saying Portland but the fact of the matter is they're never healthy, I mean yeah they're potentially a great team, but if they're always injured potential means nothing.

Spurs likely to get worse with TP maybe going, and Manu and Duncan a year older.

Dallas hasn't proven that they can win in the playoffs, maybe adding Shaq would help, but again they were huge disappointments in the playoffs.

So IMO as of right now in the West I'd say
1) Denver- as long as Coach K is doing alright
2) OKC- If they get a big man its scary

East
- Cavs with Lebron
- Boston (if they can get some young pieces) and a good replacement for Allen
- Orlando- When they play hard they're good, too bad they only went hard in 3 out of 6 games against the Celts

But LA has to be the faves right now going into next season, and the scary thing is that they could be much better next year:

-They've proven to be a great defensive team in that last series against Boston
-Bynum was playing on 1 leg in the playoffs
- Artest didn't understand the offense for most of the season
- Kobe had a bum knee and finger most of the season
- They'll likely get better bench players next season
- They don't have to change too much of their team, allowing them to maintain chemistry

albertc86
06-19-2010, 09:55 PM
The Thunder, hands down. The Lakers have had the Mavs' number for the past decade and Carmelo has not yet taken that extra step. The Thunder have great young players and if they acquire a couple more pieces, they could be a problem for any team.

koreancabbage
06-19-2010, 10:04 PM
even if Chicago got Lebron, they still wouldn't be a challenge for the Lakers.

Chicago is a poor man's version of Cleveland right now without the interior defense.
They'll be a good team, but Cleveland is also a good team but hasn't won jack. For Chicago to do well, they need one more star player at the PF/C position.

West: Portland, Mavs and Thunder.
East: Magic- if Howard becomes a dominant offensive big man and improves his free throws.

JJ_JKidd
06-19-2010, 10:06 PM
Lets wait where the big ticket FA's land before we make comments