PDA

View Full Version : Where will Shaq finish his HOF career?

Lakeshow86
06-19-2010, 03:42 PM
Considering i think Shaq has one or maybe two years left in him i think he will be back.Though some of my fellow lakers fans dont want shaq back, I do. If he has cleaned up his act with the Lakers i see no reason why he cant come back to retire a Laker. I think thats what Shaq wants to do. I believe he said it this year that he would like to retire a Laker. He could be a valuable asset by backing up Bynum and taking over for him in case Bynum get hurt again. I think Lakers could use a better bigman than Mbenga and Powell anyway because lakers really only played a 3 man rotation with Bynum, Pau and Odom. Those guys could probably use more rest by playing a 4 man rotation with shaq in the mix. So I guess the choices are:

1. Back to LA for one last stint with Kobe and Phil
2. Back to cleveland
3. Some other team
4. Retire now

pcrawley
06-19-2010, 04:06 PM
The most interesting option is going back to L.A. Now that would make for a great story...

The most reasonable option is retirement. But Shaq isn't going to do that. He needs the limelight.

My guess is that he'll end up somewhere we least expect. Kind of like when T.O. went to the Bills.

NYK_kidd77
06-19-2010, 04:14 PM
where ever Lebron goes.

abe_froman
06-19-2010, 04:20 PM
yeah he's not going back to the lakers,if he does come back he'll wait to see how fa shakes out and try attaching himself to contenders in an attempt match/exceed kobe's ring count

jackdawson
06-19-2010, 04:22 PM
I personally would love to see him go back to LA.

Kakaroach
06-19-2010, 04:23 PM
I personally think he should retire, there won't be a huge market for him to choose from.

Raidaz4Life
06-19-2010, 04:24 PM
The Knicks

NYKalltheway
06-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Some other team I'd say. Cleveland has no future, or better, no present, if LeBron leaves. I don't think he's welcome back to the Lakers. Might go to some team on a minimum. I wouldn't mind it being the Knicks(if we have good additions in SG/SF and PF positions)

kjdills13
06-19-2010, 04:27 PM
shaq should go to the thunder! He is the player they need. A post presence.

Magic Bean Fury
06-19-2010, 04:28 PM
Back to Miami, Wade and Shaq together again.

PraiseJesus
06-19-2010, 04:38 PM
Clippers

Ryan328
06-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Dallas, San Antonio, New Orleans, Cleveland

smith&wesson
06-19-2010, 04:45 PM
i think the lakers can use him considering how injury prone bynam is. bynam plays all season and is usually injured come play off time. shaq sits all season and is ready to go come play off time. it would work out.

mavwar53
06-19-2010, 05:02 PM
celtics, they love their over the hill former superstars

NBAfan4life
06-19-2010, 05:08 PM
When shaq is ready to hang them up he should sign a ten day contract with the Lakers and retire a Laker.

j-bay
06-19-2010, 05:11 PM
wizards where gilberts wife is

BkOriginalOne
06-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Shaq should go the Knicks just so he can have played in every Market.
Realistically, I see him going to the Mavericks.

RaiderLakersA's
06-19-2010, 06:31 PM
When shaq is ready to hang them up he should sign a ten day contract with the Lakers and retire a Laker.

My thoughts exactly. Sign a one day contract and set off into the sunset.

The question is, did he burn his bridges with Dr. Buss already?

chisoxfan99
06-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Nets

iFYouSeekAmy
06-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Probably not the Lakers;

one of the main reasons why Shaq out was mainly due to collision of egos; Kobe wanted to be the main go-to guy to score most of the points, but Shaq, Malone and Horry (did I get that right?) were there.. then FO supported Kobe and booted the rest..
if Shaq does return to LA, it would be interesting what'll happen.

_KB24_
06-19-2010, 07:01 PM
I would love him back in LA. It would make our team that much stronger, and Shaq knows he can't start in the NBA anymore. Even if he could give us 15-20 minutes a game, it would be great.

ko8e24
06-19-2010, 07:09 PM
WNBA, lol, jk

2 x defending NBA Champ Lakers!!!!!!

RaiderLakersA's
06-19-2010, 07:25 PM
...but Shaq, Malone and Horry (did I get that right?) were there.. then FO supported Kobe and booted the rest..
if Shaq does return to LA, it would be interesting what'll happen.

Not quite right.

The Shaq and Kobe issues are well documented, and you're more or less right...except if Dr. Buss really wanted to, he could have signed both Kobe and Shaq (and gutted the team in order to do it). He chose not to. Shaq helped by publicly calling out his boss. Yeah, try doing that at your job and see what happens.

Malone was going to retire anyway. His falling out with Kobe had nothing to do with the Lakers not bringing him back. He walked away from the game.

Robert Horry left unrelated to Kobe as well. He was older and really only showed up at certain parts of the season. Many outside of the Lakers construed this as a lackadaisical attitude, something Shaq was guilty of as well, but there wasn't any rift between Horry and Kobe or the Lakers organization. Ultimately, Horry wanted to be closer to home (Texas) and his child, who had special needs, so the Lakers didn't re-sign him.

JNA17
06-19-2010, 07:27 PM
he would love to come back to the lakers that's for sure.

RaiderLakersA's
06-19-2010, 07:34 PM

Only because the Lakers are winning titles. Call me cynical, but if the Lakers were a sub .500 team, Shaq would be vying to sign elsewhere, anywhere, but LA.

It must be difficult for a player who has owned the spotlight for so many years to face the end of the road and the looming darkness that his talents alone can no longer brighten.

JNA17
06-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Only because the Lakers are winning titles. Call me cynical, but if the Lakers were a sub .500 team, Shaq would be vying to sign elsewhere, anywhere, but LA.

It must be difficult for a player who has owned the spotlight for so many years to face the end of the road and the looming darkness that his talents alone can no longer brighten.

yeah no ****. But if he came back to the lakers, he would have to make a lot of apologizes to many MANY people including the entire organization

DodgerBulls
06-19-2010, 07:48 PM
Sign one day deal with lakers and call it quits.. then team up with barkley on tnt.

abe_froman
06-19-2010, 07:54 PM

dont think so,going back to the lakers seals that kobe will always have more rings than him(i dont care whats said that has to be killing him)

JasonJohnHorn
06-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Well, I think he wants that fifth ring now ;-) lol I get the impression he will just sit tight and see how things play out with all the free agency and trades in the offseason and then sign for the MLE or vet min where ever he thinks he has the best chance to win.

I'm not a Lakers fan but it would be fitting for him to return there, and as stated by LakeShow86, it would make for a deeper more dependable front court rotation.

It also might be fitting for him to retire with the team that drafted him. Signing with Orlando could be huge for Orlando. Dwight could actualyl move to power forward and Gorat and Shaq could split center, Lewis could move to SF, which statistically speaking is where he belongs since he can't rebound like a PF, and Lewis's size would create mis-matched with just about everybody, and Carter could move to shooting guard, giving orlando more depth on the bench and a bigger starting rotation which would be good against a team like LA.

Of course, if there is another option, another place where he thinks he has a better chance to win, I think he will go there, but I expect him to sign late where ever he signs late in the offseason.

RaiderLakersA's
06-19-2010, 07:58 PM
How many more years do you think Shaq has left in him? 1 - 2 years tops?

RaiderLakersA's
06-19-2010, 08:08 PM
dont think so,going back to the lakers seals that kobe will always have more rings than him(i dont care whats said that has to be killing him)

Depends on how a person gives credit for the rings.

Some on this forum (and in the media) feel that a ring only counts if you're the top dog, the prime mover, the chief kahuna on the team. If that's the case, then Kobe needs to win one more ring to match Shaq. (Because, sadly, for the folks in this group, their logic gets a little skewed when it comes to figuring out how many rings Kareem has, or whether Shaq can count his ring in Miami). I'm not in this group.

Others on this forum and in the media feel that as long as you were a starter and directly involved in the championship, the ring counts. Evidently Shaq and Kobe are in this group, because the first has conceded and the latter has accepted.

All that to say, unless Shaq is the starter and has a direct impact on the team's championship win, the ring count battle is already sealed in Kobe's favor.

Where can Shaq go, at this stage of his career, and be the starting center on a championship contender? Boston maybe?

abe_froman
06-19-2010, 08:14 PM
Depends on how a person gives credit for the rings.

Some on this forum (and in the media) feel that a ring only counts if you're the top dog, the prime mover, the chief kahuna on the team. If that's the case, then Kobe needs to win one more ring to match Shaq. (Because, sadly, for the folks in this group, their logic gets a little skewed when it comes to figuring out how many rings Kareem has, or whether Shaq can count his ring in Miami). I'm not in this group.

Others on this forum and in the media feel that as long as you were a starter and directly involved in the championship, the ring counts. Evidently Shaq and Kobe are in this group, because the first has conceded and the latter has accepted.

All that to say, unless Shaq is the starter and has a direct impact on the team's championship win, the ring count battle is already sealed in Kobe's favor.

Where can Shaq go, at this stage of his career, and be the starting center on a championship contender? Boston maybe?

i'm talking about shaq personally.starter no,but becoming a bench riding ring chaser just to try and even it up? sure.that sounds alot like something he'd do

i'm not talking about how we judge players,or how they should be judged.i'm talking about a point of pride with him personally

shep33
06-19-2010, 08:20 PM
I'd love to see him back in LA for his last season. Teach Bynum some stuff, give them a tough big man in the middle, i like it.

chitownbulls
06-19-2010, 08:28 PM
where ever Lebron goes.

yea but the bulls dont want shaq ;)

thedfactor
06-19-2010, 08:42 PM
Dallas

kjdills13
06-19-2010, 08:49 PM
the THUNDER!!!! , Jazz or wherever Bosh goes.

The jazz would be a good team with shaq! they need that size down low vs the lakers and he would be just that!

If bosh went to the heat and they signed shaq they would win the championship.

Wade, Bosh, Shaq > Kobe, Gasol, Bynum

Westrbrook, Harden,Durant,Green Shaq thats a basketball team that could fight the lakers for the west and bring home a ring.

Akshay
06-19-2010, 09:18 PM
Lakers, it's would seem fitting as a storybook ending for shaq as he would reunite w/ kobe and phil and him and phil could go out in the sunset as champs.

RaiderLakersA's
06-19-2010, 10:10 PM
If bosh went to the heat and they signed shaq they would win the championship.

Wade, Bosh, Shaq > Kobe, Gasol, Bynum

Wrong. Even if I agreed that Bosh is as good as Pau -- which he's not -- or that Wade can stop a healthy Kobe -- which he can't -- Bynum when healthy trumps Shaq at this stage of his career...especially now that Shaq no longer gets those "superstar non-calls" and can't dislodge, boll over or pork chop defenders any more without being called for an offensive foul. That ain't your '90s Shaq out there on the floor. :)

jaji10
06-20-2010, 01:31 AM
kobe wont allow him to be signed by the lakers... as much as i want him to retire as a laker its too risky to bring him back to the back2back champs... too much issues in the locker room.. too much personalities... i can see shaq going to new york or new jersey coz they dont have enough players but has a lot of money to spend!!

DengelBerry
06-20-2010, 09:03 AM
I honestly see him coming back to the Lakers. He wants another ring, and we need a backup center for when Bynum gets injured. That said he takes min pay and we go for a threepeat.